Forums/Armchair-GM

Lets Talk New CBJ Lineups

Created by: PuckYourself
Team: 2018-19 Columbus Blue Jackets
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 25, 2019
Published: Feb. 25, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
With the roster set after the deadline, my question to fellow CBJ fans out there is what are the ideal lines? 1st line seems most certain with Panarin, Duchene, Atkinson. Is Foligno, Jenner, Anderson the 2nd line or 3rd line as I have it. My thought was keep youth and speed together with Robinson getting promoted to second line with Dubois and Dzingel. 4th line will be the viking line with Hanekainen, Wennberg, Bjorkstrand. Where does this leave Riley Nash? Or should he play instead of Wennberg? Or do you break up the Foligno, Jenner, Anderson line to put Jenner back at winger where he’s better. Someone has to be the odd man out here. Do you like my lineups, how would you do it? Let me know your thoughts in the comments
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$79,500,000$76,239,999$0$3,350,000$3,260,001
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
LW
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
C
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,700,000$2,700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
$7,425,000$7,425,000
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$1,062,500$1,062,500
RD
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,850,000$5,850,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$2,825,000$2,825,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 25, 2019 at 9:55 p.m.
Shibbal18
I think flip Anderson and Dzingel and Dubinsky Nash on the 4th line for the playoffs
Feb. 25, 2019 at 9:59 p.m.
what are they going to do about the cap?
theyre like 4 million over
Feb. 25, 2019 at 10:42 p.m.
Yeah, how's this Cap situation going to play out? 4M over?
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:08 p.m.
Edited Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:27 p.m.
Quoting: sens65
what are they going to do about the cap?
theyre like 4 million over

Quoting: Dotz789
Yeah, how's this Cap situation going to play out? 4M over?

After TDL I think you can have as many players up, but 20 players dressing for a game must fit under the cap
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:20 p.m.
Edited Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:27 p.m.
I would line em up as follows:

Panarin / Dubois / Atkinson
Dzingel/ Duchene / Bjorkstrand
Foligno / Jenner / Anderson
Dubinsky / Wennberg / Nash

Reserve F - Robinson Hännikäinen & Sedlak

My rationale is to keep the Dubois & Jenner lines intact since they were really clicking most of the year. Duchene played with Dzingel most of the year, and adding Bjorkstrand to that line would give him confidence and set him up for some big time success.

Your D lines are perfect until Murray returns.
Murray would play 1LD when he returns.

Reserve D then - Nutivaara Harrington & Kukan.

Tomorrow night should be telling.
Pens are really depleted on the back line.
I am hoping we can blitz them big time & show the hockey world that we are for real now.
PuckYourself liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:24 p.m.
Chicago
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
AfterTDL I think you can have as many players up, but payers dressing for a game must fit under the cap

No, they accrued "Deadline cap space" Since every contract is prorated, they gain cap space at the deadline when a player gets injured and placed on IR, since insurance covers that salary. Therefore, the cap space salary they didn't actually spend on the player is kept and builds up.

So basically, the more man games lost to injury you have, the more cap space you have later in the season. (Assuming all players are placed on IR)
Feb. 26, 2019 at 12:42 a.m.
Banned
you can look on the main page and see their actual cap situation.

Not sure if Dubinsky, plays in the playoffs or not. I'm sure people would like to see the goonery he brings on the ice as the playoffs get physical.
But he's clearly not the most skilled player available.
PuckYourself liked this.
Feb. 26, 2019 at 1:14 a.m.
Stacked, scary line up. Who do you think can be resigned? I assume Bob and the Bread man are gone.
PuckYourself liked this.
Feb. 26, 2019 at 1:51 a.m.
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
After TDL I think you can have as many players up, but 20 players dressing for a game must fit under the cap

that's not correct. The only time cap doesn't matter is once the playoffs start, in regular season it does, even after the trade deadline.

The reason this shows them as 4million over while they are cap compliant is because all contracts are prorated. Meaning for example while Duchene is making 6mil this year, and armchair counts him as costing the jackets 6million, he doesn't actually cost them 6million since they are only paying him for the final 20 games they are only paying a portion of his salary. So if teams "bank" space earlier in the season it allows them to get a player with higher cap hit later in the season without actually going over. This also comes up when somebody is injured, it creates additional space.

Armchair GMs operate as if you are putting the full team together day 1 of the season and you are keeping every single player for the entire season. You can look up the real values(or at least close to the real values) from the main screen of the site.
PuckYourself liked this.
Feb. 26, 2019 at 5:39 p.m.
Nice lineup, but with so much pressure on the team to perform and win SC this year, I would have gotten a champion/leader.
I don't know, when sh*t start hitting the fan in the playoffs, I'd want some true leaders who won few cups on my team.

There are no one on CBJ that went past 1st round in playoffs (Ok, yeah McQuaid won a cup, but he is not really a leader or a game changer in that sense).
I mean, Someone like Seabrook, yeah he is old and over paid, but someone similar. Even someone like Kruger would have been great. Playoffs are mental exercise as much as physical. (Panarin is not a leader, Dzingle, MD, not really, Dubinsky probably will be mostly in the box when things get tough). IDK just saying

It will be fun to watch this spring, I guess.
PuckYourself liked this.
Feb. 27, 2019 at 3:08 p.m.
Quoting: KVS1
Stacked, scary line up. Who do you think can be resigned? I assume Bob and the Bread man are gone.

I think CBJ has a real shot to resign Duchene. We’ve wanted him for a while since before COL traded him to Ottawa. The other thing is he has a young family and this city is a world class place to raise kids and settle down. Rick Nash even moved back after retirement. For a player it means something to also know that a place really wants you and your not just a rental. Dzingel I believe will gladly resign, said he likes this situatuon and also being in midwest closer to his family in Illinois, plus he was a Buckeye. Like Jarmo said we have a great core of guys next year no matter what. Think about how much cap we will have to play with when Bread and Bob leave, we possibly move Wennberg in the summer and buyout Dubisnky’s overly fat contract to send him packin. We may have close to 14 mill cap space. Can sign a lot of talent in the off-season with that. Texier, Foudy, Bemstom, Garikov are all grade A prospects in the pipeline to compete for roster spots. I can see why Jarmo is like “who needs a draft this year” lol.
Bluejackets2000 liked this.
Feb. 27, 2019 at 5:45 p.m.
Quoting: PuckYourself
I think CBJ has a real shot to resign Duchene. We’ve wanted him for a while since before COL traded him to Ottawa. The other thing is he has a young family and this city is a world class place to raise kids and settle down. Rick Nash even moved back after retirement. For a player it means something to also know that a place really wants you and your not just a rental. Dzingel I believe will gladly resign, said he likes this situatuon and also being in midwest closer to his family in Illinois, plus he was a Buckeye. Like Jarmo said we have a great core of guys next year no matter what. Think about how much cap we will have to play with when Bread and Bob leave, we possibly move Wennberg in the summer and buyout Dubisnky’s overly fat contract to send him packin. We may have close to 14 mill cap space. Can sign a lot of talent in the off-season with that. Texier, Foudy, Bemstom, Garikov are all grade A prospects in the pipeline to compete for roster spots. I can see why Jarmo is like “who needs a draft this year” lol.

I feel like Duchene is CBJ's best bet. He has been with 3 teams last year and he probably needs to settle down. Plus CBJ's GM will probably push him hard, including but not limited to offering him an over-payment, to justify all the sacrifices made during TDL. (its always easier to justify overpayment then losing all rentals).

Dzignle also has a good chance of staying, but if Chicago gives him something similar in value to Columbus, he is gone. I for one will not be surprised to see Dzingle in Chicago next year, I'll actually be more surprised if Hawks go for Panarin. I'd feel like Panarin Toews Kane line will be an overkill. (especially as Debrincat quietly developed into a 40 goal scorer on 2nd line).
Feb. 27, 2019 at 7:49 p.m.
Quoting: vmach
I feel like Duchene is CBJ's best bet. He has been with 3 teams last year and he probably needs to settle down. Plus CBJ's GM will probably push him hard, including but not limited to offering him an over-payment, to justify all the sacrifices made during TDL. (its always easier to justify overpayment then losing all rentals).

Dzignle also has a good chance of staying, but if Chicago gives him something similar in value to Columbus, he is gone. I for one will not be surprised to see Dzingle in Chicago next year, I'll actually be more surprised if Hawks go for Panarin. I'd feel like Panarin Toews Kane line will be an overkill. (especially as Debrincat quietly developed into a 40 goal scorer on 2nd line).

I really think all signs point to Bob and Bread being in Florida next year. Thats where they expressed interest in going, and they have all the leverage as UFAs to make it happen. I can see them even giving Florida a slight contract discount to get their wish. Bread is friends with Dadanov down there and I think mentally is sort of “been there, done that” with regard to Chicago. Chicago would have 3 players eating almost half their entire roster salary if Panarin signed there. A reunion seems unrealistic. Hard to blame a Russian for dreaming about warm weather and sandy beaches. While nothing is for certain, I do think a high probability to resign Duchene and/or Dzingel was in Jarmo’s calculation. I can only guess there were some private talks about “gentlemen’s agreements” for future contracts
vmach liked this.
Feb. 28, 2019 at 4:07 p.m.
Quoting: PuckYourself
I really think all signs point to Bob and Bread being in Florida next year. Thats where they expressed interest in going, and they have all the leverage as UFAs to make it happen. I can see them even giving Florida a slight contract discount to get their wish. Bread is friends with Dadanov down there and I think mentally is sort of “been there, done that” with regard to Chicago. Chicago would have 3 players eating almost half their entire roster salary if Panarin signed there. A reunion seems unrealistic. Hard to blame a Russian for dreaming about warm weather and sandy beaches. While nothing is for certain, I do think a high probability to resign Duchene and/or Dzingel was in Jarmo’s calculation. I can only guess there were some private talks about “gentlemen’s agreements” for future contracts

It's of course possible they will sign with Panthers, since they will be in need of goaltender and Bread even bought an apartment in Miami. However, here is why I think Panarin is not going there. Apartment in Sunny Isles is just an investment, all russians do that (I'm one of them) smile) But second good reason is that I've heard his interview in Russian language and he did mention that he wants to play in a hockey town, where people are crazy about it and where he will be sort of a celebrity (similar to what he was in Chicago). I know most russian hockey players are very money driven, but he didn't sound this way. So I think he will either go to NY, or CHI (if he goes to Chicago I wouldn't be surprised to see him take as little as $8-9M. (Kane push hard to make him get $3M in bonuses each of 2 years he played in Chicago, was contingent on him scoring 30 goals and he did that in like last game with huge effort from Kane obviously, so he owes him one, or more like $6m smile) Plus with coach Q gone, they will have fun offensively.
All that said, I think Chicago needs another Hossa, someone with strong 2 way game.
But Bob I think is very likely to go to Florida. If Dz and MD stay with CBJ that will be great for the team, and if not this would be disaster for GM

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll