Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$79,500,000$80,810,833$0$4,745,000-$1,310,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
UFA - 6
$5,600,000$5,600,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,175,000$5,175,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
UFA - 1
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,916,667$2,916,667
C
UFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 6
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,333,333$4,333,333
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,150,000$3,150,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 26, 2019 at 3:48 p.m.
I know WPG doesn't have much other options but Beaulieu on the top pairing......(shutters) Get ready for a lot of brain farts.
Feb. 26, 2019 at 3:51 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: F50marco
I know WPG doesn't have much other options but Beaulieu on the top pairing......(shutters) Get ready for a lot of brain farts.

I’m probably overly optimistic, but he’s got to start seeing the writing on the wall and how many chances does he get before he’s skating in the ahl or Russia, so hopefully huddy can settle him down, originally I had him on third pairing with the rookie but figured a vet for each pairing was needed
Feb. 26, 2019 at 3:58 p.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
I’m probably overly optimistic, but he’s got to start seeing the writing on the wall and how many chances does he get before he’s skating in the ahl or Russia, so hopefully huddy can settle him down, originally I had him on third pairing with the rookie but figured a vet for each pairing was needed

He's an NHL'er. Just a bottom pairing one. If he's expected to be that role, he'll be fine. But if you look at the 1st round status and Junior stats and think he should be higher, you'll be just as aggravated with him as every other team before him was.

He's great skater and can really chuck fists with the best of them but he has that ability to literally choose the worst idea at the worst possible time and perform it perfectly. I guarantee you will one time this season say "WHY, WHY Nate would you do that????? WHYYYYY!!". Just pray its not in Game 7 of overtime.
Feb. 26, 2019 at 4:02 p.m.
jimmyjets

Based on the line rushes at today's practice it is

Beaulieu Trouba
Kulikov Myers
Chiarot Niku

Morrissey was the one player that couldn't get hurt this year. Even if Scheif went down we would have had an easier time. Luckily the playoff line is currently looking like 86 points in the west based on the points per game to date and the Jets already have 78. We should be able to carve out 8 or 9 points with our remaining 20 games. 1 win every 5 games should get us there. I was hoping to finish 1st so St. Louis and Nashville would have to play in the 1st round. That will be a lot tougher now.
Feb. 26, 2019 at 4:08 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: F50marco
He's an NHL'er. Just a bottom pairing one. If he's expected to be that role, he'll be fine. But if you look at the 1st round status and Junior stats and think he should be higher, you'll be just as aggravated with him as every other team before him was.

He's great skater and can really chuck fists with the best of them but he has that ability to literally choose the worst idea at the worst possible time and perform it perfectly. I guarantee you will one time this season say "WHY, WHY Nate would you do that????? WHYYYYY!!". Just pray its not in Game 7 of overtime.

Quoting: jimmyjets
Based on the line rushes at today's practice it is

Beaulieu Trouba
Kulikov Myers
Chiarot Niku

Morrissey was the one player that couldn't get hurt this year. Even if Scheif went down we would have had an easier time. Luckily the playoff line is currently looking like 86 points in the west based on the points per game to date and the Jets already have 78. We should be able to carve out 8 or 9 points with our remaining 20 games. 1 win every 5 games should get us there. I was hoping to finish 1st so St. Louis and Nashville would have to play in the 1st round. That will be a lot tougher now.

Beaulieu maybe questionable to be even in top 6 of jets, when completely healthy, so he better take this time to cement it, I’m a little worried without Morrissey, but I think kulikov is starting to find his game and Chiarot is solid enough if not overly taxed so it comes down to a new recruit to fill in for a month, I still think we find first, but going to need a healthy line up to make a run, blues don’t seem to be going away and Nashville gearing up for a fight, and that’s not even talking about a beast of a team coming from pacific, so hopefully avoid either Nashville or stlouis with a first place finish
Feb. 26, 2019 at 4:19 p.m.
TrueNorth
If Morrissey is out longer than Buff, I hope they move Myers over to the left side so that the top two pairings would be Myers-Trouba and Chiarot-Buff. Some combination of Kulikov, Beaulieu, Niku and Poolman can fill out the third pairing.
Feb. 26, 2019 at 4:50 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: TrueNorth
If Morrissey is out longer than Buff, I hope they move Myers over to the left side so that the top two pairings would be Myers-Trouba and Chiarot-Buff. Some combination of Kulikov, Beaulieu, Niku and Poolman can fill out the third pairing.

I could see that for pp and pk, but a regular rotation of 6 d, Beaulieu trouba I think could be a nice pair with some time and kulikov Myers would be solid without being leaned on too heavy
Feb. 26, 2019 at 5:37 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Idk if he did all that good on TDL day, he paid more for Hayes then Columbus did for Duchene and as nice as it is that Petan is getting a chance somewhere else he was an RFA that was traded for a UFA they're probably not going to sign, not exactly good asset management. The other trades were fairly minor but he did give up 3 late round picks for guys that might never play, he did get an RFA in Beaulieu but he already makes $2.4, he won't exactly be a bargain for a 5/6 defenseman next season so they probably won't make him an offer. One of the TSN guys like Dreger or Mckenzie said as soon as the Rangers got Lemieux other teams were inquiring about him, seems he had higher value then a piece to waste on a rental.
I'm glad he didn't give away any prime young talent like Niku or Roslovic but all in all I don't think he had nearly as good of a TDL as everyone thinks he did.
pavelisgoat liked this.
Feb. 26, 2019 at 5:54 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
When I hurt Morrissey was hurt, and Jets might be looking for puck moving Dman, thought maybe a Gardiner/Myers deal made sense yesterday.
But I like what the Jets did yesterday, adding a needed centre
Getting all those Dman it like a when a MLB team signs a bunch of low end relief pitchers at a cheap price to one year deals. Just hope a couple have near career years.
Birtle34 liked this.
Feb. 26, 2019 at 6:11 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Idk if he did all that good on TDL day, he paid more for Hayes then Columbus did for Duchene and as nice as it is that Petan is getting a chance somewhere else he was an RFA that was traded for a UFA they're probably not going to sign, not exactly good asset management. The other trades were fairly minor but he did give up 3 late round picks for guys that might never play, he did get an RFA in Beaulieu but he already makes $2.4, he won't exactly be a bargain for a 5/6 defenseman next season so they probably won't make him an offer. One of the TSN guys like Dreger or Mckenzie said as soon as the Rangers got Lemieux other teams were inquiring about him, seems he had higher value then a piece to waste on a rental.
I'm glad he didn't give away any prime young talent like Niku or Roslovic but all in all I don't think he had nearly as good of a TDL as everyone thinks he did.

I just like the fact that they filled the two holes I felt they had with Beaulieu and Hayes, two big bodies and one that plays a angry tough game, that I think is going to be needed to battle some of the big teams of the west, and keep up with the big body additions of nash, I heard some maturity issues with petan and Lemieux, and I was willing to bet that both would be moved sooner rather than later, not to say that the value could have been higher for them, but I think petan was just a change of scenery sorta dump and Lemieux was a audition to attempt to get top return, I just feel like they filled the exact two holes they needed to fill to have a better outcome these playoffs. Beaulieu fills the hole if Chiarot walks and or if kulikov gets traded without leaning on Stanley or poolman too heavy next season, along with morrow and morrisey, the left side is strengthened by a 6th rounder
Feb. 26, 2019 at 6:14 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: palhal
When I hurt Morrissey was hurt, and Jets might be looking for puck moving Dman, thought maybe a Gardiner/Myers deal made sense yesterday.
But I like what the Jets did yesterday, adding a needed centre
Getting all those Dman it like a when a MLB team signs a bunch of low end relief pitchers at a cheap price to one year deals. Just hope a couple have near career years.

A few hungry players looking to make names for themselves and get paid never a bad thing, guys added have all the attributes, just looking to put it all together on the big stage
Feb. 26, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I just like the fact that they filled the two holes I felt they had with Beaulieu and Hayes, two big bodies and one that plays a angry tough game, that I think is going to be needed to battle some of the big teams of the west, and keep up with the big body additions of nash, I heard some maturity issues with petan and Lemieux, and I was willing to bet that both would be moved sooner rather than later, not to say that the value could have been higher for them, but I think petan was just a change of scenery sorta dump and Lemieux was a audition to attempt to get top return, I just feel like they filled the exact two holes they needed to fill to have a better outcome these playoffs. Beaulieu fills the hole if Chiarot walks and or if kulikov gets traded without leaning on Stanley or poolman too heavy next season, along with morrow and morrisey, the left side is strengthened by a 6th rounder

Sure but if there's a lot of interest in Lemieux which it sounds like there was and you're coughing up another 1st round pick why not try to get a C with some term so you're not doing this same dance next TDL, I get there's a cap crunch coming but just deal with that in the summer.
Feb. 26, 2019 at 8:08 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Sure but if there's a lot of interest in Lemieux which it sounds like there was and you're coughing up another 1st round pick why not try to get a C with some term so you're not doing this same dance next TDL, I get there's a cap crunch coming but just deal with that in the summer.

I’m guessing there will be déjà vu for next few trade deadlines depending on development of roslovic Appleton as centres, I’m just glad roslovic niku Appleton Stanley poolman all still Jets ready to fill in when the cap crunch comes
Feb. 26, 2019 at 9:13 p.m.
TrueNorth

I'm not sure how Lemieux, a first and a conditional 4th for Hayes is more than Abramov, Davidsson a first and a conditional first for Duchene?
Feb. 26, 2019 at 10:21 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I'm not sure how Lemieux, a first and a conditional 4th for Hayes is more than Abramov, Davidsson a first and a conditional first for Duchene?

That 4th is a cup win so I’m hoping it gets paid, if it was a overpay I don’t mind it, sometimes it makes sense if that’s the missing piece and could possibly be outbid, duchene is flashier and odds of resign are slim and not at all, not sure if Hayes will get resigned either but the possibility is there
Feb. 26, 2019 at 11:24 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

Lemieux is already in the NHL, the two prospects from Columbus aren't and the one is still in Sweden so not even guaranteed that he even comes over, the conditional 1st likely never gets cashed in cause its doubtful Duchene signs with the Blue Jackets.
So I'd say the Jets gave up more than Columbus did.
The Jets just aren't very good this year, should of just stood pat or traded for Brassard. I really doubt that Hayes is gonna make enough of a difference to right this sinking ship, they'll be a first round exit.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll