Forums/Armchair-GM

Enough for Huberdeau

Created by: Jah1722
Team: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 27, 2019
Published: Feb. 27, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Is that enough for Hub? Based it off Stone trade since he re-signed, a 1st instead of the top prospect tho, Ritchie>Lindberg, future 2nd plus a decent prospect
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$5,250,000
7$8,500,000
1$1,000,000
1$900,000
1$900,000
1$900,000
Trades
ANA
  1. 2019 5th round pick (OTT)
OTT
  1. Eaves, Patrick
  2. Sprong, Daniel
  3. 2020 4th round pick (ANA)
ANA
  1. van Riemsdyk, Trevor
  2. 2019 4th round pick (CAR)
FLA
  1. Mahura, Josh
  2. Ritchie, Nick
  3. 2020 2nd round pick (ANA)
Additional Details:
2019 first from Montour trade (20-31)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,000,000$67,164,416$0$2,732,500$15,835,584
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$5,900,000$5,900,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
RW, C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 2
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$8,250,000$8,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$1,541,000$1,541,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,133,333$1,133,333
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
UFA - 8
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 27, 2019 at 4:13 a.m.
What in tarnation
Not enough imo. Too low picks and not potential enough prospects. Brännström's value is around from 8-11th overall pick or something to that sort.
Lenny7 liked this.
Feb. 27, 2019 at 7:56 a.m.
Lenny7
Too low. Probably not the right fix anyway.

Murray did reasonably well at the deadline. He needs to let this run it's course for the rest of the season. Let the big boys get healthy over the summer, hope that Kesler can get back into at least 75% shape (or somehow convince him to head out to Robidas Island), have a good draft, and regroup. This is a good squad, with great goaltending and a very good D core. They're much better than they've shown this season.
Feb. 27, 2019 at 9:29 a.m.
Banned
Huberdeau isn't being moved, Hoffman is.
Feb. 27, 2019 at 10:52 a.m.
I don't think it will be enough, but only because FLA has no interest in moving him. I think the value is fair However, I have to admit that I don't understand the fuss over Stone or Huberdeau. Nice players, but they're not exactly Ovi or Benn. They're getting paid like they're elite wingers and they're a tier or probably 2 below that. I mean, Huberdeau's maximum goal tally for a season was 27 goals along with 69 pts. That's the same as Rakell. In fact, Rakell has similar numbers to Stone, who just got a 9M per season contract! Insane!

In terms of the rest of the deals and the general strategy, I pass. I think we need to take our time on our re-tool. Let's the kids play. We'll be back contending with a new line-up in 2-3 years, hopefully with a different team culture.
Feb. 27, 2019 at 6:21 p.m.
Quoting: BurgerBoss
Not enough imo. Too low picks and not potential enough prospects. Brännström's value is around from 8-11th overall pick or something to that sort.

So you are comparing Huberdeau to Stone?
Feb. 27, 2019 at 6:29 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Ducksfan93

Close to him, yes. Only 1 point differential this season, also Huberdeau's on a relatively cheap contract, Huberdeau's $5,9M for the next 4 years, Stone will be $9,5M.

If FLA were trading him, I'd expect that the return should be close to the same.

Oh, and also in the description the OP compared them.
Feb. 27, 2019 at 8:10 p.m.
Jah1722
Quoting: Ducksfan93

I compared the price because stone re-signed meaning a very good winger signed to term.
Feb. 27, 2019 at 8:12 p.m.
Jah1722
Quoting: mytduxfan
I don't think it will be enough, but only because FLA has no interest in moving him. I think the value is fair However, I have to admit that I don't understand the fuss over Stone or Huberdeau. Nice players, but they're not exactly Ovi or Benn. They're getting paid like they're elite wingers and they're a tier or probably 2 below that. I mean, Huberdeau's maximum goal tally for a season was 27 goals along with 69 pts. That's the same as Rakell. In fact, Rakell has similar numbers to Stone, who just got a 9M per season contract! Insane!

In terms of the rest of the deals and the general strategy, I pass. I think we need to take our time on our re-tool. Let's the kids play. We'll be back contending with a new line-up in 2-3 years, hopefully with a different team culture.

To let the kids play you have to open up roster spots. There aren’t enough spots for the kids right now. Sprong and Ritchie seem like the easiest wingers to move.
Feb. 27, 2019 at 8:15 p.m.
Jah1722
Quoting: Lenny7
Too low. Probably not the right fix anyway.

Murray did reasonably well at the deadline. He needs to let this run it's course for the rest of the season. Let the big boys get healthy over the summer, hope that Kesler can get back into at least 75% shape (or somehow convince him to head out to Robidas Island), have a good draft, and regroup. This is a good squad, with great goaltending and a very good D core. They're much better than they've shown this season.

I agree that the squad is good but they have never been able to score. Even when winning the division they had trouble scoring but were very good defensively. I added Hub and replaced Henrique with Duchene to boost the scoring and still brought/kept up the kids to play. Even if this team is just a playoff contender next year that would be good experience for the kids to build to a legit SC contender.
Lenny7 liked this.
Feb. 28, 2019 at 9:47 a.m.
Quoting: Jah1722
To let the kids play you have to open up roster spots. There aren’t enough spots for the kids right now. Sprong and Ritchie seem like the easiest wingers to move.

Move Devin Shore, he's totally expendable. Ritchie is rounding out into a nice player. Having a 2nd line winger who produces 40-50 pts per season (which Ritchie is on pace for) whilst being a hitting machine is far better than some utility forward like Devin. If moving Ritchie got us a younger version of Ovi, I'd be all for it, but it's completely redundant if you're going after another Rakell. Huberdeau and Stone aren't game changers the way true elite wingers are. We have similar players on roster already. We should look at the draft. We are in a transition period now and it's going to take a couple years of sucking to get through it.

Draft an elite C talent this year, tank next year and get another elite D talent, then start looking to compete.
Feb. 28, 2019 at 12:58 p.m.
Jah1722
Move Devin Shore, he's totally expendable. Ritchie is rounding out into a nice player. Having a 2nd line winger who produces 40-50 pts per season (which Ritchie is on pace for) whilst being a hitting machine is far better than some utility forward like Devin. If moving Ritchie got us a younger version of Ovi, I'd be all for it, but it's completely redundant if you're going after another Rakell. Huberdeau and Stone aren't game changers the way true elite wingers are. We have similar players on roster already. We should look at the draft. We are in a transition period now and it's going to take a couple years of sucking to get through it.

Draft an elite C talent this year, tank next year and get another elite D talent, then start looking to compete.

Yes the ducks have multiple guys that can fly and put up 60 points a season. Jk the don’t have any. As for tanking they won’t be able to compete because the d core decides to leave base off the tanking you’ve just put them thru
Feb. 28, 2019 at 1:47 p.m.
Yes the ducks have multiple guys that can fly and put up 60 points a season. Jk the don’t have any. As for tanking they won’t be able to compete because the d core decides to leave base off the tanking you’ve just put them thru

What? I don't understand any of this. Maybe come back and provide a coherent response once you've calmed down.
Feb. 28, 2019 at 1:52 p.m.
Jah1722
What? I don't understand any of this. Maybe come back and provide a coherent response once you've calmed down.

You say the ducks have plenty of wingers like Hub, they don’t. Rakell is the closet in production but he can’t skate like Hub. You want the ducks to continue to tank, the d core is in its prime and contracts are up shortly. They won’t want to stay with a team that tanks during the best shot for them to get a cup.

That’s wasn’t hard to understand.
Feb. 28, 2019 at 7:49 p.m.
You say the ducks have plenty of wingers like Hub, they don’t. Rakell is the closet in production but he can’t skate like Hub. You want the ducks to continue to tank, the d core is in its prime and contracts are up shortly. They won’t want to stay with a team that tanks during the best shot for them to get a cup.

That’s wasn’t hard to understand.

Rakell is just as good as Huberdeau, if not better (he scores more goals, isn't that the most important thing?), and at 60% of the price. Rakell isn't as good a skater, nor passer, but he's a better finisher and has better hands than Hubs. They have different skill-sets, but they're equal players in terms of ability. We may not have another player like Rakell in the line-up, but we have plenty of wingers coming through that could get there. You must have seen how much a game-changer Kase is. Imagine if he can improve his consistency and stay healthy under a new coach. That's a potential 30-40 goalscorer right there. Then we have the kids, Terry, Ritchie, Jones, Sprong. The talent is there, but we've got to be patient. I think you are kind of silly judging the players on roster whilst they've been under RC. He's been an awful coach from day 1 and killed any offensive ability for years. Give it at least 1 season under a new coach and then let's see what we have. Shipping guys out now is very likely to end up in another Karlsson/Palms situation in which we send players out for peanuts only to watch them flourish under better coaching.

As far as the D, we've got a minimum of 4 years left on our top 3 D. More importantly though, we don't have a problem retaining talent. Cali is a beautiful place to live and most players want to stay. I don't see re-signing Lindholm or Manson being an issue. Although not on purpose, we've already tanked this season. Just tank next year. I shouldn't say "tank". I don't want the team to go out aiming to lose every night. I just would like us to focus on getting serious playing time to these kids and getting a cohesive, modern system in place that we can build on year-on-year. I am over Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler (and Fowler to some extent). Those guys are done and there is no point in selling our future to try and revive whatever we had. We just need to make sure we replace the talent that is lost and get a new team culture in place. I am sick of failing at the last hurdle and I think it has always had a lot to with those guys not having it in them. Let's move on and focus on the Hughes/Cozen/Steel/Terry/Gibson/whoever steps up era.
Feb. 28, 2019 at 8:16 p.m.
Jah1722
Rakell is just as good as Huberdeau, if not better (he scores more goals, isn't that the most important thing?), and at 60% of the price. Rakell isn't as good a skater, nor passer, but he's a better finisher and has better hands than Hubs. They have different skill-sets, but they're equal players in terms of ability. We may not have another player like Rakell in the line-up, but we have plenty of wingers coming through that could get there. You must have seen how much a game-changer Kase is. Imagine if he can improve his consistency and stay healthy under a new coach. That's a potential 30-40 goalscorer right there. Then we have the kids, Terry, Ritchie, Jones, Sprong. The talent is there, but we've got to be patient. I think you are kind of silly judging the players on roster whilst they've been under RC. He's been an awful coach from day 1 and killed any offensive ability for years. Give it at least 1 season under a new coach and then let's see what we have. Shipping guys out now is very likely to end up in another Karlsson/Palms situation in which we send players out for peanuts only to watch them flourish under better coaching.

As far as the D, we've got a minimum of 4 years left on our top 3 D. More importantly though, we don't have a problem retaining talent. Cali is a beautiful place to live and most players want to stay. I don't see re-signing Lindholm or Manson being an issue. Although not on purpose, we've already tanked this season. Just tank next year. I shouldn't say "tank". I don't want the team to go out aiming to lose every night. I just would like us to focus on getting serious playing time to these kids and getting a cohesive, modern system in place that we can build on year-on-year. I am over Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler (and Fowler to some extent). Those guys are done and there is no point in selling our future to try and revive whatever we had. We just need to make sure we replace the talent that is lost and get a new team culture in place. I am sick of failing at the last hurdle and I think it has always had a lot to with those guys not having it in them. Let's move on and focus on the Hughes/Cozen/Steel/Terry/Gibson/whoever steps up era.

This team hasn’t been able to score. They were very good defensively under BB. RC destroyed that and the goal scoring went away completely this year. Adding Hub will not only boost the speed but also scoring in this team. I brought the kids up in this AGM except for Comtois. He could go on the 4th line and shore become an extra that can fill in anywhere up front. But even if they don’t add Hub and keep Ritchie like you said someone still has to play on the 4th line. Hub is also signed long term so he’d be around even if they needed another season to retool. I would like to see this team at least competitive for a playoff spot next season so the kids get real experience in high intensity games. Even if the kids are good this team will still have to add quality UFA’s or thru trades to become a legit SC contender.

As for the D, Manson and Lindholm only have 3 seasons after this and if they spend it retooling I don’t see them staying. They’ll be on the edge of their prime and be looking for a cup. But if the new coach gets this team playing like it should and their confidence back then sure they could stay.

All that said it doesn’t have to Hub but I think they need to add up front outside of the kids. Next year there are a few decent UFAs but no one of panarin or duchene’s impact and all 29 or older so trade is the best option to add quality and at a better age.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll