Forums/Armchair-GM

Hamilton Nylander Ferland Lucic back to Boston

Created by: Oil9729
Team: 2019-20 Edmonton Oilers
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 1, 2019
Published: Mar. 2, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Puljujarvi trade is 2019 FIRST ROUND PICK!!!!!!!
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Puljujarvi, Jesse
1$1,000,000
Ferland, Michael
4$4,000,000
Starett, Shane
1$800,000
Trades
BOS
  1. Lucic, Milan ($3,000,000 retained)
EDM
  1. 2019 4th round pick (OTT)
CAR
  1. Puljujarvi, Jesse
  2. Sekera, Andrej
  3. 2020 1st round pick (EDM)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$80,000,000$77,710,198$0$332,500$2,289,802
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
UFA - 7
$1,950,000$1,950,000
RW
UFA - 1
Ferland, Michael
$4,000,000$4,000,000
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 6
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$808,333$808,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,835,000$2,835,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$230,000$230K)
RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
C
RFA - 1
$687,500$687,500
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
$720,000$720,000 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
RD
RFA - 4
Starett, Shane
$800,000$800,000

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 2, 2019 at 2:46 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Leafs would block your phone number.
Mar. 2, 2019 at 3:03 a.m.
1) Even with 3 Million retained Boston would not take lucic back for 5 more years. You're stuck with him unless he gets bought out.

2) Ottawa does not need benning or want benning so why give up a draft pick? Benning is not worth more than a 6th or 7th round pick from a playoff team.

3) Leafs would hang up as Nurse is not what they need (he's a left handed defenseman) also, that trade is almost as bad as Hall for Larsson in terms of the leafs perspective. Swap Nurse with Larsson, 2019 1st round pick and Caleb Jones for Nylander and Brown

4) Oilers GM would be fired for this.
Mar. 2, 2019 at 7:13 a.m.
Boston declines
Mar. 2, 2019 at 11:10 a.m.
Boston won’t even take your call. No way in hell they are taking Looch back. Unless you are adding McDavid for Krejci and taking Backes too you can forget it.

If he had 1 year left, you retained half and added a 1st in exchange for a 4th, maybe they’d consider it. Until then. Don’t bother.
Mar. 2, 2019 at 12:46 p.m.
Quoting: jayhus
1) Even with 3 Million retained Boston would not take lucic back for 5 more years. You're stuck with him unless he gets bought out.

2) Ottawa does not need benning or want benning so why give up a draft pick? Benning is not worth more than a 6th or 7th round pick from a playoff team.

3) Leafs would hang up as Nurse is not what they need (he's a left handed defenseman) also, that trade is almost as bad as Hall for Larsson in terms of the leafs perspective. Swap Nurse with Larsson, 2019 1st round pick and Caleb Jones for Nylander and Brown

4) Oilers GM would be fired for this.

That is WAY to much to give for Nylander, Oilers are better off getting wingers from free agency then give all of that. Nurse is a better player then Larsson, younger, faster, and is having a WAY better season. Just cause he’s a lefty doesn’t mean Leafs wouldn’t want him. They are losing Gardiner who is also a lefty. On top of all of that, Leafs need to sign Marner AND Kapenin, who both play the same wing position as Nylander. They need cap space more then anything. I’m guessing they would want Nurse cause his cap hit is only 3.2 mill.
Mar. 2, 2019 at 2:53 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Oil9729
That is WAY to much to give for Nylander, Oilers are better off getting wingers from free agency then give all of that. Nurse is a better player then Larsson, younger, faster, and is having a WAY better season. Just cause he’s a lefty doesn’t mean Leafs wouldn’t want him. They are losing Gardiner who is also a lefty. On top of all of that, Leafs need to sign Marner AND Kapenin, who both play the same wing position as Nylander. They need cap space more then anything. I’m guessing they would want Nurse cause his cap hit is only 3.2 mill.

Nylander is way better than any winger in free agency and can also play centre. Any deal would start with Larsson and a 1st. Guaranteed. Leafs don't need Nurse. He'd be a nice addition for the physical side, but they need a righty. Even though they're most likely losing Gardiner, they still have Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott, Rosen, and Sandin who are all lefties.. the left hand side is already stacked. The need for a right handed shot puts Larsson at the front of the list and a 1st and a prospect along with that is certainly not out of the question. Nylander is one of the best Leafs in terms of possession and controlling play
Mar. 2, 2019 at 3:57 p.m.
Quoting: jonesryan
Nylander is way better than any winger in free agency and can also play centre. Any deal would start with Larsson and a 1st. Guaranteed. Leafs don't need Nurse. He'd be a nice addition for the physical side, but they need a righty. Even though they're most likely losing Gardiner, they still have Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott, Rosen, and Sandin who are all lefties.. the left hand side is already stacked. The need for a right handed shot puts Larsson at the front of the list and a 1st and a prospect along with that is certainly not out of the question. Nylander is one of the best Leafs in terms of possession and controlling play

I agree Nylander is better then any winger available in free agency but like I said he’s not worth Larsson, 1st round pick and Jones. Better off getting a player that would just cost the oilers nothing but money like Simmonds then lose all that. Nurse is better then all those guys you mention for the LD depth except Reily and is only 23 and on a cheap contract. Muzzin is already having a rough go as a leaf and is older. He was just brought in for the playoffs, he would still be a good bottom pairing D but I think Nurse is in the top 4 right away and is an answer to the D for the Leafs for the future. Muzzin only has 1 more year left on his deal then they would be looking for another Dman again. Riellly, Nurse, Muzzin is a solid left line. The main reason the trade makes sense is cause the Leafs NEED cap space. Trading Nylander and getting a cap hit coming back won’t happen. I think the trade works for both teams but I’m not sending all that away just for Nylander. It’s a fair trade 1 for 1 and Edmonton isn’t getting as hosed as it did for Hall for Larsson.
Mar. 4, 2019 at 7:14 p.m.
I agree Nylander is better then any winger available in free agency but like I said he’s not worth Larsson, 1st round pick and Jones. Better off getting a player that would just cost the oilers nothing but money like Simmonds then lose all that. Nurse is better then all those guys you mention for the LD depth except Reily and is only 23 and on a cheap contract. Muzzin is already having a rough go as a leaf and is older. He was just brought in for the playoffs, he would still be a good bottom pairing D but I think Nurse is in the top 4 right away and is an answer to the D for the Leafs for the future. Muzzin only has 1 more year left on his deal then they would be looking for another Dman again. Riellly, Nurse, Muzzin is a solid left line. The main reason the trade makes sense is cause the Leafs NEED cap space. Trading Nylander and getting a cap hit coming back won’t happen. I think the trade works for both teams but I’m not sending all that away just for Nylander. It’s a fair trade 1 for 1 and Edmonton isn’t getting as hosed as it did for Hall for Larsson.

The Problem with getting a player like Simmonds is he is just another player like Lucic who does not have a long term future with McDavid. You want a player who is around the same age group so that they can be in their prime with McDavid and is also locked up at a reasonable cap hit for his prime years. Also, Larsson, Caleb Jones and a 1st from Oilers for Nylander and Brown would only get the conversation started with the Leafs. It would require more from Oilers to get that trade done. Oilers get a 1st line Winger for McDavid and a 3rd Line winger who can also play anywhere up the line up when needed. Also Nurse straight up for Nylander is a stupid scenario because that ****s up oilers long term and also because him alone is not worth Nylander. You would still need to send a 3rd round pick or a B level prospect back. But either way he is not what the Leafs need so hence that trade would never happen.
Mar. 4, 2019 at 7:16 p.m.

Totally Agree with this. Also, let's not forget that the Oilers had trade talks with the Leafs which was centered around Larsson going to the Leafs in exchange for Connor Brown plus prospects and picks... Clearly the GM's don't value that high. So a 1st and a grade A prospect from Oilers is well within question.
Mar. 4, 2019 at 8:23 p.m.
Quoting: jayhus
The Problem with getting a player like Simmonds is he is just another player like Lucic who does not have a long term future with McDavid. You want a player who is around the same age group so that they can be in their prime with McDavid and is also locked up at a reasonable cap hit for his prime years. Also, Larsson, Caleb Jones and a 1st from Oilers for Nylander and Brown would only get the conversation started with the Leafs. It would require more from Oilers to get that trade done. Oilers get a 1st line Winger for McDavid and a 3rd Line winger who can also play anywhere up the line up when needed. Also Nurse straight up for Nylander is a stupid scenario because that ****s up oilers long term and also because him alone is not worth Nylander. You would still need to send a 3rd round pick or a B level prospect back. But either way he is not what the Leafs need so hence that trade would never happen.

I didn’t know the trade was for Nylander AND Brown, that changes a lot of things. I’m not sure if the Leafs would wanna lose both those guys but if they got Marner and Kapanen maybe?? Hard to say

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll