SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

RFA Market

How many offer sheets will be signed this summer?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 5, 2019 at 5:05 p.m.
I've been reading a lot about the upcoming RFA market this summer. There is TONS of high end young talent out there and some teams with not much cap room to sign them and teams with lots of cap room who could be willing to sign somebody. I'm curious what you guys think in terms of if we'll see some RFA get offer sheets or not and what teams might be in play in the RFA market. I personally think Colorado is the number one team to make some noise. They have a ton of cap room and desperately need some help up front. I could see them going after a point or marner. If they get one that secures a huge weakness with their depth up front. Add in the potential of huges or kakko and makar next year this team will be dangerous for along time.
Mar. 5, 2019 at 5:15 p.m.
With what current RFA compensations are and the contracts the high-end talent are going to get (i.e. Marner/Point), I'm going to say no offer sheets. More likely an RFA gets traded if the team can't sign him.
cmuggym liked this.
Mar. 5, 2019 at 5:23 p.m.
Quoting: mtdavis311
With what current RFA compensations are and the contracts the high-end talent are going to get (i.e. Marner/Point), I'm going to say no offer sheets. More likely an RFA gets traded if the team can't sign him.

I think you're right in terms of the high end players (Marner, Point etc...) but I can teams targeting guys in that 6-8 million dollar range. Kappaned or Johnsson being prime candidates. Now like I mentioned these player are high quality so even if they get offered teams will likely do everything they can to match. But I still think we'll see a few offer sheets this summer
Brian2016 liked this.
Mar. 5, 2019 at 5:40 p.m.
Quoting: cmuggym
I think you're right in terms of the high end players (Marner, Point etc...) but I can teams targeting guys in that 6-8 million dollar range. Kappaned or Johnsson being prime candidates. Now like I mentioned these player are high quality so even if they get offered teams will likely do everything they can to match. But I still think we'll see a few offer sheets this summer

Even in the 6-8 range, that's giving up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. I don't think either Johnsson or Kapanen are worth that return.
Mar. 6, 2019 at 6:16 a.m.
Quoting: cmuggym

TOR can't possibly match an offer of over $5M for either Kapanen or Johnsson. I think they'll sign in the $3.5-$4M AAV range. Perhaps Kapanen will be a little higher than Johnsson.
cmuggym liked this.
Mar. 6, 2019 at 6:20 a.m.
Quoting: mtdavis311
Even in the 6-8 range, that's giving up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. I don't think either Johnsson or Kapanen are worth that return.

Kapanen will be in the $4M-$4.5M AAV range and Johnsson will be slightly less. Laine and Point have the highest potential for an offer sheet in my opinion, especially Laine if he underperforms in the postseason. Most likely WPG will offer a bridge deal at a higher AAV in order to keep him. I'm thinking 3 years at $8.5M No way WPG can justify higher than Wheeler given their role and importance to the Jets.
cmuggym liked this.
Mar. 10, 2019 at 8:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Nobody really knows why, but offer sheets don't seem to be happening. This offseason seems more likely than previous offseason for offer sheets, but I still don't think we'll see any.
cmuggym liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit