SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Toronto Maple Leafs signed Andreas Borgman (1 Year / $700,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 6, 2019 at 11:42 a.m.
Andreas Borgman has signed a new contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Standard Contract (Extension)
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Kyle Dubas
Length: 1 year
Value: $700,000
Expiry Status: UFA (Group 6)
Cap % Tooltip: 0.88
Signing Team: Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsToronto Maple Leafs
Signing Date: Mar. 6, 2019
Source: CapFriendly

Andreas Borgman signed a 1 year, $700,000 contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs on Mar. 6, 2019. The contract has a cap hit of $700,000.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2019-20$700,000$700,000$0$0$700,000$700,000$200,000
TOTAL$700,000$700,000$0$0$700,000$700,000$200,000
MINIMUM GUARANTEED SALARY: 2019-20: $300,000
Mar. 6, 2019 at 11:46 a.m.
Sabres are elite
Love Borgman. Great physical defenseman who can also contribute decent offense. Great signing by Dubas
Mar. 6, 2019 at 11:51 a.m.
Edited Mar. 6, 2019 at 12:14 p.m.
Dubarelli is doing good job with the depth player re-signing for low $$ ( same pattern as Moore, Rosen and Sparks ) while hes failing to do his job where he should be making a stand ( Matthews overpayment, which will be precedens for Marner, Kapanen and Johnsson, and Gardiner trading at TDL )
Mar. 6, 2019 at 12:56 p.m.
Buljujarvi
Always get him confused with Johnsson
Mar. 6, 2019 at 1:00 p.m.
oyeahdj
Quoting: Laudan
Dubarelli is doing good job with the depth player re-signing for low $$ ( same pattern as Moore, Rosen and Sparks ) while hes failing to do his job where he should be making a stand ( Matthews overpayment, which will be precedens for Marner, Kapanen and Johnsson, and Gardiner trading at TDL )

I disagree. Squeeze the players at the bottom of your roster, not the talented ones.
I have no issues with them holding onto Gardiner at the TDL. Unless they were getting the equivalent on a longer-term deal for the same money (which no current GM would do), there wasn't a deal to be had.
Mar. 6, 2019 at 3:47 p.m.
Marner's agent asked for 5 yrs @ 9 million last summer, Dubas offered him the Draisaitl contract. Now it'll cost Dubas at least 2 seasons, Marner will only take 9 million on a 2 or 3 bridge deal. There is no way Dubas can fix this team. We need the cheap ass Lou back, I have a feeling that 2-3 years from now the NYI may be the better team.
Mar. 7, 2019 at 3:17 a.m.
Edited Mar. 7, 2019 at 12:03 p.m.
Quoting: djoyea
I disagree. Squeeze the players at the bottom of your roster, not the talented ones.
I have no issues with them holding onto Gardiner at the TDL. Unless they were getting the equivalent on a longer-term deal for the same money (which no current GM would do), there wasn't a deal to be had.

to bring back in money he overpaid on Matthews and which will trigger contracts of other three kids that are overperforming right now......

overpayment ( 5x9,5M, 6x10,3M, 7x11M ) mostly in term to short or in 2M to high for 5 years on the basis of two 60+ seasons will have consequences that wont be patched with cutting bottom six and bottom two for 150k per year, mark my words

After those 5x 11,634M Chiarelli looks like genius with McDavid and Draisaitl 8y contracts......
Mar. 7, 2019 at 3:21 a.m.
Edited Mar. 7, 2019 at 3:32 a.m.
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Marner's agent asked for 5 yrs @ 9 million last summer, Dubas offered him the Draisaitl contract. Now it'll cost Dubas at least 2 seasons, Marner will only take 9 million on a 2 or 3 bridge deal. There is no way Dubas can fix this team. We need the cheap ass Lou back, I have a feeling that 2-3 years from now the NYI may be the better team.

Otherwise i would throw you Kutcherov contract in your face ( bridge 3 x 4,8M on top of two 60+ seasons ), but with the bar that Dubarelli set now, i must humbly sit in the corner......
Mar. 7, 2019 at 12:16 p.m.
BobrovTree

Yeah cheap ass Lou who signed Zaitsev to 7 years at 4.5 Mil, thats who we need!!
kaljakori liked this.
Mar. 7, 2019 at 2:32 p.m.
Otherwise i would throw you Kutcherov contract in your face ( bridge 3 x 4,8M on top of two 60+ seasons ), but with the bar that Dubarelli set now, i must humbly sit in the corner......

The one that signed depth players(Hyman/Brown) for too long, brought in Ron Hainsey and Patrick Marleau, brought back Roman Polak for a year and then for another after his massive leg injury, signed 7th/8th D Martin Marincin to 2x1,25, signed Matt Martin for 4x2,5 and extended a bottom-pairing dman for 7 years @ 4,5? That "cheap ass"-Lou? Yeah no thanks. I'll rather sign my superstars and sign depth via market inefficencies and draft well, which, btw, "the draft king" Hunter didn't do.
Mar. 7, 2019 at 2:37 p.m.
Quoting: kaljakori
The one that signed depth players(Hyman/Brown) for too long, brought in Ron Hainsey and Patrick Marleau, brought back Roman Polak for a year and then for another after his massive leg injury, signed 7th/8th D Martin Marincin to 2x1,25, signed Matt Martin for 4x2,5 and extended a bottom-pairing dman for 7 years @ 4,5? That "cheap ass"-Lou? Yeah no thanks. I'll rather sign my superstars and sign depth via market inefficencies and draft well, which, btw, "the draft king" Hunter didn't do.

You quoted wrong guy honey...i was talking Marner extension.....dont give a rats ass about Lou
Mar. 7, 2019 at 2:39 p.m.
You quoted wrong honey

Oh I'm sorry, you still get the point, creep.
Mar. 7, 2019 at 6:38 p.m.
Quoting: BobrovTree
Yeah cheap ass Lou who signed Zaitsev to 7 years at 4.5 Mil, thats who we need!!

Quoting: kaljakori

How about the Lou that signed Kadri to 4.5 or Reilly to 5 or traded to get Andersen and sign him for 5 or traded Phaneuf or traded Polak for 2 2nd Picks and Drafted Matthews ?
Mar. 7, 2019 at 7:11 p.m.
BobrovTree
How about the Lou that signed Kadri to 4.5 or Reilly to 5 or traded to get Andersen and sign him for 5 or traded Phaneuf or traded Polak for 2 2nd Picks and Drafted Matthews ?

Lol those players weren't nearly where they are today when they signed those deals. Andersen trade was solid, deal was seen a bit high at the time (obviously great now), Polak trade was a result of desperation from the sharks (dont forget Reimer was also in that trade) and Drafting Matthews could have been done by a monkey, that took no skill lol
Mar. 7, 2019 at 7:29 p.m.
Edited Mar. 7, 2019 at 7:36 p.m.
Lol those players weren't nearly where they are today when they signed those deals. Andersen trade was solid, deal was seen a bit high at the time (obviously great now), Polak trade was a result of desperation from the sharks (dont forget Reimer was also in that trade) and Drafting Matthews could have been done by a monkey, that took no skill lol

My point exactly, there is a risk in signing players, 5 million for a career co-starting goalie was a risk, he won, signing his best C at the time Kadri for 4.5 was a big deal and still looks great even with Kadri demote to 3rd C, another big win, admittedly he lost his risky signing on Zaitsev (blame Babcock for showing more attention to Hainsey over developing Z) but as everyone posts here, RHD are gold so it was a deal that needed to happen.Than dumping players for picks and allowing the Leafs to get 1st overall has part of the plan, he succeeded. So far Dubas has done what? nothing but get screwed by every player agent and has shown weakness which will forever haunt his NHL GM career.
Mar. 7, 2019 at 8:02 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

I think Marner is worried that Leafs aren't going money for him. Just this week, Sparks. Borgman and Hollowell have been signed.
I agree with you, I don't know what Dubas and the total Leafs management were thinking when they signed the Nylander, Matthews contracts. Paying a premium for your own players.
Mar. 7, 2019 at 10:06 p.m.
Edited Mar. 8, 2019 at 6:24 p.m.

Polak and Reimer trades for the SJS playoff run was 2 separate trades, netting the Leafs 3 draft picks and a couple of cash dump players. You must be thinking of Spalling, he also was in the Polak trade.

FYI if you go to the team and click on their GM's name the website will give you tons of info on him.
BobrovTree liked this.
Mar. 7, 2019 at 10:18 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
I think Marner is worried that Leafs aren't going money for him. Just this week, Sparks. Borgman and Hollowell have been signed.
I agree with you, I don't know what Dubas and the total Leafs management were thinking when they signed the Nylander, Matthews contracts. Paying a premium for your own players.

The NHL owners must be mad seeing the Leafs rookie GM setting a new high on these contracts. The Oilers Chiarelli started this ELC exist contract mess with McDavid and Draisaitl. No wonder Dubas has the new nickname Dubarelli.
palhal liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit