Forums/NHL Signings

Pittsburgh Penguins signed Jacob Lucchini (1 Year / $925,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar 11 at 4:09
Jacob Lucchini has signed a new contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
ENTRY-LEVEL CONTRACT
COMPARE THIS CONTRACT
LENGTH: 1 YEAR
EXPIRY STATUS: RFA
SIGNING TEAM: Pittsburgh Penguins
VALUE: $925,000
C.H.% : 1.00
SIGNING DATE: March 11, 2019
SOURCE: CapFriendly
SEASONCLAUSECAP HIT AAV P. BONUSES S. BONUSES BASE SALARY TOTAL SALARY MINORS SALARY
2019-20$792,500$925,000$132,500$92,500$700,000$792,500$70,000
TOTAL$792,500$925,000$132,500$92,500$700,000$792,500$70,000
Mar 11 at 5:38
With 10 expiring AHL contracts next year I don't mind the signing. They just have to be real about it. Let the older players in the AHL walk if they aren't NHL material by this point.
Being 25+ player in the AHL means you have hit your peak. Replacing them with people just getting their chance is a better option.
I don't know if Lucchini will be that player who hits the next level. There is some skill there but not sure it's enough. It's a 1 year try out deal. I give them credit for keeping their nose in the NCAA free agent pool, but I hope they can find some better signings than this. We'll see shortly how things turn out. Penn state is playing Ohio State this weekend. That's 4 vs 1 in the big ten tourney. If Penn state doesn't win the tourney they are most likely out the frozen 4. So that will open up some players. Lots of teams getting eliminated now and free agents will be popping up. But a lot of the bigger fish are still swimming in the sea.
Mar 11 at 7:54
Norris Letang
Quoting: pharrow
With 10 expiring AHL contracts next year I don't mind the signing. They just have to be real about it. Let the older players in the AHL walk if they aren't NHL material by this point.
Being 25+ player in the AHL means you have hit your peak. Replacing them with people just getting their chance is a better option.
I don't know if Lucchini will be that player who hits the next level. There is some skill there but not sure it's enough. It's a 1 year try out deal. I give them credit for keeping their nose in the NCAA free agent pool, but I hope they can find some better signings than this. We'll see shortly how things turn out. Penn state is playing Ohio State this weekend. That's 4 vs 1 in the big ten tourney. If Penn state doesn't win the tourney they are most likely out the frozen 4. So that will open up some players. Lots of teams getting eliminated now and free agents will be popping up. But a lot of the bigger fish are still swimming in the sea.

I have not paid attention to any of the soon to be NCAA guys this year.... who are the top guys to sign?
Mar 11 at 10:09
Quoting: Sidstick87
I have not paid attention to any of the soon to be NCAA guys this year.... who are the top guys to sign?

i did a post in the armchair not long ago about some of the guys I think would fit the penguins well. It really depends the scouting report on people varies.
As usual there aren't a ton of people out there but there are a handful. Taro Hirose is probably the biggest fish. Bobo Carpenter was in the penguins camp not long ago is a FA.
There is some decent talent there. No one that's going to be a generational player but people who could fill a mid 6 role if they hit their potential. Much like ZAR did.
Sidstick87 liked this.
Mar 12 at 11:30
Kindersley, SK
This guy must be Italian, right?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Submit Poll Edit