Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW, C
UFA - 7
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 3
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 19, 2019 at 11:55 a.m.
Drouin is good but he isn't that good. Probably have to remove 1 of those 3 assets.
Mar. 19, 2019 at 11:57 a.m.
You moved Sergachev to get Drouin, why would you get another Sergachev essentially in Girard (very comparable players) plus Jost and on top of that a 1st! no chance Avs do that.
Mar. 19, 2019 at 11:58 a.m.
Official Leafs Fan
Love how people say Nylander is worth Pesce but you think Drouin is worth Girard (>Pesce) Jost and a first
Mar. 19, 2019 at 12:01 p.m.
Quoting: LGBstl
You moved Sergachev to get Drouin, why would you get another Sergachev essentially in Girard (very comparable players) plus Jost and on top of that a 1st! no chance Avs do that.

I don't think Sergachev and Girard are even close to comparables, like at all. Playing style, draft status, statistics, size, etc. I agree with valuation though, I don't think Drouin would get all that.
Mar. 19, 2019 at 12:02 p.m.
that is a 100% No...holy crap are you serious wiht this over valuing Drouin stuff?
JeffW liked this.
Mar. 19, 2019 at 12:10 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
I don't think Sergachev and Girard are even close to comparables, like at all. Playing style, draft status, statistics, size, etc. I agree with valuation though, I don't think Drouin would get all that.

I mean Sergachev is a little higher value being a year younger and better numbers but they are both young offensive LHD on their ELCS still. If Sergachev is an A+ trade piece Girard is like an A-
Mar. 19, 2019 at 12:26 p.m.
The Pens will give you Jack Johnson for Drouin. Do it!

sarcasm
Mar. 19, 2019 at 12:27 p.m.
hell no
Mar. 19, 2019 at 12:33 p.m.
Quoting: Hackadart
Love how people say Nylander is worth Pesce but you think Drouin is worth Girard (>Pesce) Jost and a first

Pesce is a whole lot better than Girard. Pesce is on a 32 point pace, Girard is on a 24 point pace. Pesce blocks more shots, has more hits, has better Corsi and Fenwick numbers, better oish% and oisv%, far more defensive starts, more takeaways, fewer giveaways, a higher e+/- and Thru%, more GF/60, fewer GA/60, and kills penalties exceptionally well in the same ice time. The only stat that I can find that indicates that Girard is better is the power play, and Girard hasn’t done that well on the PP. Maybe Girard will eventually become better offensively, but he’s not even where Pesce was at his age.
Mar. 19, 2019 at 12:38 p.m.
I mean Sergachev is a little higher value being a year younger and better numbers but they are both young offensive LHD on their ELCS still. If Sergachev is an A+ trade piece Girard is like an A-

Yeah, that’s probably a better analysis. Sergachev is hugely sheltered, and really hasn’t been able to show who he is. Though from what we saw last year when McDonagh wasn’t around, we can safely assume that Sergachev is a 40-50 point D man on most teams and has 60+ point potential. Girard’s ceiling is far lower. He is slightly worse than Sergachev right now, but things could swing waaayyy out of proportion should Sergachev develope properly. Which is why he was worth Drouin and Girard was worth far less. Don’t forget that Sergachev is a top ten pick.
LGBstl liked this.
Mar. 19, 2019 at 12:41 p.m.
Quoting: NucksFanForLife
Yeah, that’s probably a better analysis. Sergachev is hugely sheltered, and really hasn’t been able to show who he is. Though from what we saw last year when McDonagh wasn’t around, we can safely assume that Sergachev is a 40-50 point D man on most teams and has 60+ point potential. Girard’s ceiling is far lower. He is slightly worse than Sergachev right now, but things could swing waaayyy out of proportion should Sergachev develope properly. Which is why he was worth Drouin and Girard was worth far less. Don’t forget that Sergachev is a top ten pick.

True, my main point is just that when trading Drouin Avs would not be giving up Girard+Jost+1st... probably Girard and 1st is good value
NucksFanForLife liked this.
Mar. 19, 2019 at 1:07 p.m.
Even if Drouin turns into a dangerous player after reuniting with MacKinnon, it's a major overpayment by the Avs. That Av's own 1st round pick is most likely eligible to the lottery.
Mar. 19, 2019 at 1:08 p.m.
True, my main point is just that when trading Drouin Avs would not be giving up Girard+Jost+1st... probably Girard and 1st is good value

Mtl could add a 2cnd or Shaw, but I think Girard and a 1rst will be a good return for Drouin. Avs need offensive depth and are stacked in defense with all of their prospects. I think Jost value isnt that high since he hasn’t produce in the nhl
LGBstl liked this.
Mar. 19, 2019 at 1:27 p.m.
Official Leafs Fan
Pesce is a whole lot better than Girard. Pesce is on a 32 point pace, Girard is on a 24 point pace. Pesce blocks more shots, has more hits, has better Corsi and Fenwick numbers, better oish% and oisv%, far more defensive starts, more takeaways, fewer giveaways, a higher e+/- and Thru%, more GF/60, fewer GA/60, and kills penalties exceptionally well in the same ice time. The only stat that I can find that indicates that Girard is better is the power play, and Girard hasn’t done that well on the PP. Maybe Girard will eventually become better offensively, but he’s not even where Pesce was at his age.

Wow a stat sheet says he is better.... watch the games that’s all I can say, Girard has more raw skill and will develop to be much better than pesce in the long term and that’s why he is worth more right now
Mar. 19, 2019 at 1:37 p.m.

THats an overpayment still. Drouin is struggling hard, getting run out of town based on his play...in what world would Avs want to trade a very talented 20 year old Dman and a 1st round pick that could be in the 10th overall range for another teams inconsistent player.

Drouin isnt going to get better dramatically, he is what he is now. a good but not elite complimentary player who can play with elite players. No one is going to trade large chunks of their future for him
Mar. 19, 2019 at 2:03 p.m.
Wow a stat sheet says he is better.... watch the games that’s all I can say, Girard has more raw skill and will develop to be much better than pesce in the long term and that’s why he is worth more right now

Sure...... Burakovsky has far more talent than Wilson, but Wilson will outscoring him every day and destroy him defensively. Wilson definitely has more value. Sikura has more talent but is not as valuable as Saad. Milano has more talent than Anderson, but Anderson has a whole lot more value. Zacha has more talent than Coleman...... you get the point. You could be the most talented NHL player and not pan out in this league. Pesce is a solid, proven, elite defensively NHL veteran who is still 24 on an excellent contract. I’d rather him than Ristolainen. 30 ES points against top lines and great penalty killing in a defenseman that is that young is incredibly valuable. Girard isn’t quite there. He’ll never be Pesce defensively, though I think he’ll be better offensively. If Pesce is 1.5 times as good defensively and on the PK, then Girard will have to score 50-60 points a year down the road consistently. It could happen, but I seriously doubt that’ll happen.
Mar. 19, 2019 at 3:10 p.m.
Official Leafs Fan
Sure...... Burakovsky has far more talent than Wilson, but Wilson will outscoring him every day and destroy him defensively. Wilson definitely has more value. Sikura has more talent but is not as valuable as Saad. Milano has more talent than Anderson, but Anderson has a whole lot more value. Zacha has more talent than Coleman...... you get the point. You could be the most talented NHL player and not pan out in this league. Pesce is a solid, proven, elite defensively NHL veteran who is still 24 on an excellent contract. I’d rather him than Ristolainen. 30 ES points against top lines and great penalty killing in a defenseman that is that young is incredibly valuable. Girard isn’t quite there. He’ll never be Pesce defensively, though I think he’ll be better offensively. If Pesce is 1.5 times as good defensively and on the PK, then Girard will have to score 50-60 points a year down the road consistently. It could happen, but I seriously doubt that’ll happen.

You just listed a bunch of guys who have proven they can’t do it in the NHL..... so therefore talented and skilled prospects are worth less then a guy with 75% of the talent who have been good in the NHL but not fantastic? So if you drafted Jack Hughes this year and NYR call you up and offer Zibanejad, you’d do it? Zibanejad has 75% the talent of Hughes and has found NHL success... so why not?
Mar. 19, 2019 at 3:29 p.m.
You just listed a bunch of guys who have proven they can’t do it in the NHL..... so therefore talented and skilled prospects are worth less then a guy with 75% of the talent who have been good in the NHL but not fantastic? So if you drafted Jack Hughes this year and NYR call you up and offer Zibanejad, you’d do it? Zibanejad has 75% the talent of Hughes and has found NHL success... so why not?

Bura and Zacha have been 25-35 point guys. At another position, would you rather Patrick or Couturier if he were two years younger? It’s the same thing. I think my point about Ristolainen is valid. He is what Girard will probably look like at Pesce’s age - except smaller. Pesce has a better contract, and only scores 15-20 fewer points a year right now. Pesce allows fewer goals when he’s on ice than Ristolainen, and somehow has similar GF/60. Pesce is almost the whole package. Girard is a single linear player. Almost similar to Stetcher.
Mar. 19, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
Bura and Zacha have been 25-35 point guys. At another position, would you rather Patrick or Couturier if he were two years younger? It’s the same thing. I think my point about Ristolainen is valid. He is what Girard will probably look like at Pesce’s age - except bigger. Pesce has a better contract, and only scores 15-20 fewer points a year right now. Pesce allows fewer goals when he’s on ice than Ristolainen, and somehow has similar GF/60. Pesce is almost the whole package. Girard is a single linear player. Almost similar to Stetcher.
Mar. 21, 2019 at 6:51 p.m.
Official Leafs Fan
Bura and Zacha have been 25-35 point guys. At another position, would you rather Patrick or Couturier if he were two years younger? It’s the same thing. I think my point about Ristolainen is valid. He is what Girard will probably look like at Pesce’s age - except smaller. Pesce has a better contract, and only scores 15-20 fewer points a year right now. Pesce allows fewer goals when he’s on ice than Ristolainen, and somehow has similar GF/60. Pesce is almost the whole package. Girard is a single linear player. Almost similar to Stetcher.

Ok,I thought you knew ur stuff till u said “almost similar to stetcher”
Mar. 21, 2019 at 7:06 p.m.
Ok,I thought you knew ur stuff till u said “almost similar to stetcher”

Lol. Quite the opposite. I don’t expect you to know much about Stetcher, who has been singlehandedly the best defenseman on Vancouver this year - better than Tanev or Edler. His stats beat Girard in every area and to watch him on the ice - the kid’s got an incredible hockey IQ. He’s a similar size to Girard, except he’s completely a defensive minded guy. He’s been playing 25-30 minutes a night rountinely and has done very well, killing penalties, good first passing and breaking the zone, awesome job of keeping opposing defensive time down while completely limiting any scoring chances by the opposition. He works super hard and is one of the most underrated defensemen in the game. I quite applaud Green on the way he has turned him from a slightly sub-average offensive D to a well rounded 3D who can play even higher in the lineup if need be and still excell. TBH, he’s a lot more similar to Pesce, just smaller.
Mar. 21, 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
Official Leafs Fan
Lol. Quite the opposite. I don’t expect you to know much about Stetcher, who has been singlehandedly the best defenseman on Vancouver this year - better than Tanev or Edler. His stats beat Girard in every area and to watch him on the ice - the kid’s got an incredible hockey IQ. He’s a similar size to Girard, except he’s completely a defensive minded guy. He’s been playing 25-30 minutes a night rountinely and has done very well, killing penalties, good first passing and breaking the zone, awesome job of keeping opposing defensive time down while completely limiting any scoring chances by the opposition. He works super hard and is one of the most underrated defensemen in the game. I quite applaud Green on the way he has turned him from a slightly sub-average offensive D to a well rounded 3D who can play even higher in the lineup if need be and still excell. TBH, he’s a lot more similar to Pesce, just smaller.

What do you know “NucksFanForLife” over rates Canucks, can’t say I’m surprised
Mar. 21, 2019 at 9:56 p.m.
What do you know “NucksFanForLife” over rates Canucks, can’t say I’m surprised

I won’t overate most players on my team. Tanev has been very bad, Hutton is sinking faster than the Titanic, Biega/Schenn/Pouliot don’t make most teams D groups. The only legit top nine forwards on the team are Horvat, Pettersson, and Boeser. Markstrom isn’t a starting goalie on a playoff team. I don’t overrate my team, who currently is garbage - a result of rebuilding - but I will say that it’s hard to argue that Setcher is not a top 4 D on a playoff team. Check out his stats for backup on hockey reference and compare the advanced, ice time, and basic stats to Pesce’s and Girard’s keeping in mind how much worse Vancouver is and you’ll be surprised. But this doesn’t really matter. Stetcher is a side note. Girard was the focus.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll