SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Can we beat Boston?

How does our first round end?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 20, 2019 at 6:25 p.m.
get ur corsi up
A few weeks ago I would of said yes. Now I'm not so sure...

On paper, we are much better than we were last year. Tavares is in, Muzzin is in, Kadri isn't suspended, and Kapanen and Johnsson have finally broken out. But despite all this talent the team still seems to falter.

Thoughts?
Mar. 21, 2019 at 1:53 p.m.
At the start of the year I would have said yes hands down easily. The way this team has played since Christmas, and more specifically the last three weeks, not a chance in hell. I don't even think it'll go to 7 this year. Boston might sweep the Leafs the way the leafs are playing. My guess is Boston wins games 1&2, Leafs squeak out game 3, Bruins win game 4&5 to finish it.
Mar. 21, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: dzad96
At the start of the year I would have said yes hands down easily. The way this team has played since Christmas, and more specifically the last three weeks, not a chance in hell. I don't even think it'll go to 7 this year. Boston might sweep the Leafs the way the leafs are playing. My guess is Boston wins games 1&2, Leafs squeak out game 3, Bruins win game 4&5 to finish it.

Still a few weeks left to get things in order. Would be nice to see our blueline at full strength again.

I love the fire that Matthews is playing with. He’s a player that could really put this team on his back and go. Hopefully his play inspires the rest of the team to turn things around.

The last 5 games before the sabres game were brutal. Better now than at the end of the season or even worse... in the playoffs. Slumps and slides happen. The team that heats up in the playoffs is what I’m looking for.
dzad96 liked this.
Mar. 21, 2019 at 2:22 p.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
Still a few weeks left to get things in order. Would be nice to see our blueline at full strength again.

I love the fire that Matthews is playing with. He’s a player that could really put this team on his back and go. Hopefully his play inspires the rest of the team to turn things around.

The last 5 games before the sabres game were brutal. Better now than at the end of the season or even worse... in the playoffs. Slumps and slides happen. The team that heats up in the playoffs is what I’m looking for.

Well also, if neither of Dermott or Gardiner come back you can forget about it. Our defense is average with them let alone without. We need atleast one of those two back in the lineup to have any hope at all. and even with both I would put us at 40% to win at best. Boston just has the Leafs number.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 1:56 a.m.
Edited Mar. 28, 2019 at 5:37 a.m.
Maybe im biased cause being between the pipes for whole my youth ( even 8 years on pro level here in Europe ) but its obvious if a Goalie and D cant perform, Team can be All-stars offensive, but wont be able to win games, cause you will always receive one more goal that you will score.

I was advocating since joining here that D needs to be adressed ( as i said, my pov on the thing from where i was standing on the ice ), ppl told me we are fine. Muzzin was brought in which is great, injuries striked, PP with all those superstars failing, and now....extremly bad timing for Andersen to hit slumpy mode and Sparks not being able to step up.

Sacrifice some offensive depth for D ffs :

Muzzin should be Manson <> Grundstrom, Durzi, 1st ( 2019 ), 2nd ( 2019 ), 2nd ( 2020 ).......ofc before Montour to BUF happened
Offence depth for Pesce <> Kadri, 1st ( 2020 )......first to compensate 4y younger, 1y longer term "stay at home" RHD which are some kind of gold in NHL currently

TL;DR : no

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit