C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Rangers
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 5
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$833,333$833,333
LD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 26, 2019 at 11:01 p.m.
Bcarlo25
No
Mar. 26, 2019 at 11:03 p.m.
You’re not getting Edmonton’s first for Kreider.

Leafs can get someone better for Kapanen.

Carolina trade makes sense for neither team. Why would carolina trade their first just to swap backup goalies and add a forward they really don’t need? They already have their goalie of the future in Nedelijkovic.

Georgiev looks as if he will pan out to be a good goalie in the future, Which is why the rangers would not trade him, and why Carolina would not give up a first for him being in “win-now” mode. The value to them would essentially be a first for Vesey which is not a good trade for them.

I don’t know what the point of trading Vladdy for Callahan is pointless when the rangers are rebuilding.

Why are you getting Tampa’s first for a second?
Mar. 26, 2019 at 11:23 p.m.
Quoting: Jiannuccilli

Carolina trade makes sense for neither team. Why would carolina trade their first just to swap backup goalies and add a forward they really don’t need? They already have their goalie of the future in Nedelijkovic.

Georgiev looks as if he will pan out to be a good goalie in the future, Which is why the rangers would not trade him, and why Carolina would not give up a first for him being in “win-now” mode. The value to them would essentially be a first for Vesey which is not a good trade for them.

I don’t know what the point of trading Vladdy for Callahan is pointless when the rangers are rebuilding.

Tampa wins cup, conditional 2nd becomes a 1st from MCD/Miller trade
Mar. 26, 2019 at 11:32 p.m.
Mods have power egos

I understand what you say about Edmonton I was also thinking instead of the 2nd we send them Winnipeg’s 1st but Kreider is fast and has almost 30 goals on the rangers this year I feel he could be really good with mcdavid

I understand what your saying about the leafs I just didn’t know who to trade pionk to

Car is cap dumping darling on us and vesey is a good third line guy that can play 2nd if needed and Georgiev is a young cheap goalie who prove he can play with the rangers garbage defense

Callahan is another cap dump and vladdy played well with stamkos before we got him so a play who already knows the system for 2mil and you clear over 3 mil to sign point

And Tampa wins the cup is the 2nd to 3rd
Mar. 26, 2019 at 11:37 p.m.
Quoting: NYRxLundqvist
I understand what you say about Edmonton I was also thinking instead of the 2nd we send them Winnipeg’s 1st but Kreider is fast and has almost 30 goals on the rangers this year I feel he could be really good with mcdavid

I understand what your saying about the leafs I just didn’t know who to trade pionk to

Car is cap dumping darling on us and vesey is a good third line guy that can play 2nd if needed and Georgiev is a young cheap goalie who prove he can play with the rangers garbage defense

Callahan is another cap dump and vladdy played well with stamkos before we got him so a play who already knows the system for 2mil and you clear over 3 mil to sign point

And Tampa wins the cup is the 2nd to 3rd

Edmonton has a defense problem. No way they give up a first for another forward.

Carolina has $24 million in cap space. What makes you think they would give up a first for a “cap dump?” And exactly. Georgiev is good. Probably could be the rangers future goalie. Which is why they wouldn’t trade him. Car wouldn’t want him since they already have a prospect goalie. Again, they’re really only getting vesey and he’s not worth a first.

Taking cap dumps does not make sense for a team that is actively rebuilding. NYR isn’t struggling to get to the cap floor.
Mar. 26, 2019 at 11:46 p.m.
Mods have power egos
Edmonton has a defense problem. No way they give up a first for another forward.

Carolina has $24 million in cap space. What makes you think they would give up a first for a “cap dump?” And exactly. Georgiev is good. Probably could be the rangers future goalie. Which is why they wouldn’t trade him. Car wouldn’t want him since they already have a prospect goalie. Again, they’re really only getting vesey and he’s not worth a first.

Taking cap dumps does not make sense for a team that is actively rebuilding. NYR isn’t struggling to get to the cap floor.

Edmonton’s whole team is an issue they have 3-4 forwards who can actually do anything and drisital* can only produce at a good pace playing with mcdavid

Yeah car has a lot of money but aho is going to get probably 8mil they could try and go for some big free agents and with Shestyorkins play in the khl if he transfers well he’s going to be the rangers future

And talking cap dumps for extra stuff is kind how rebuilding work when you know you’re going to be bad you take bad players for future players it’s not a new thing
Mar. 27, 2019 at 7:58 a.m.
Edmonton’s whole team is an issue they have 3-4 forwards who can actually do anything and drisital* can only produce at a good pace playing with mcdavid

Yeah car has a lot of money but aho is going to get probably 8mil they could try and go for some big free agents and with Shestyorkins play in the khl if he transfers well he’s going to be the rangers future

And talking cap dumps for extra stuff is kind how rebuilding work when you know you’re going to be bad you take bad players for future players it’s not a new thing

Rebuilding has NEVER been trading young players that you’re rebuilding around for old useless cap dump players. Besides, why would you ever RETAIN salary if a team is giving you a cap dump? You clearly don’t understand how they work and which situations teams do them in. Rangers would not be doing it at all here.

Edmonton does have a forward issue too. But not enough to give up a 1st round pick (which will probably end up being too 10) for a guy who has cracked 50 points a whopping one time in his career.

None of these trades make sense, nor would they be completed in real life. Nothing to else to say about it.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 10:07 a.m.
Lamar1226
Quoting: Bcarlo25
No

Via Capfriendly rules:
"Trolling:
-Posting a thread or reply to a thread that's sole purpose is to start an argument is not permitted on CapFriendly. This includes non-constructive replies to Armchair-GM threads such as "lol", "terrible" "not realistic". If you want to criticize an armchair-gm team, your post should focus on answering the question "why".. If you believe an armchair-gm team was posted to troll, simply do not reply to it and the moderators will remove it."

Refrain from posting if you're gonna give no effort to the conversation. people like you ruin the site.

-Kreider would be a good fit in Edmonton especially with the speed he has to keep up with McDavid. I would even go as far as to take out Manning and our Dallas 2nd if Kreider comes extended.
-I think the Kapanen trade may need something else to make it fair for TOR.
-One of these trades for cap dumps would have to not happen in order to have a chance at Panarin, which is what I think we are posturing for this offseason. Unless of course the whole point was that you don't want that to happen in the first place, which is fine.
-I think overall the value isn't that far off in most of these trades as far as i can tell.

Rebuilding has NEVER been trading young players that you’re rebuilding around for old useless cap dump players. Besides, why would you ever RETAIN salary if a team is giving you a cap dump? You clearly don’t understand how they work and which situations teams do them in. Rangers would not be doing it at all here.

Let me educate you, because clearly YOU don't understand what you're talking about. We are rebuilding around Chytil, Howden, Andersson, Kravtsov, Skjei, Hajek, Deangelo (over pionk as far as i can tell), K'Andre Miller, Nils Lundkvist, Igor Shestyorkin, as well as at least the next 1-2 crops from the draft, of which we are going to have a lot of high round picks for. When you have cap space available and you're more than likely not going to be able to make a playoff push, taking short term cap dumps for more prospects and picks is ALWAYS prudent.

Another one of the huge problems about this site are the comments from people that assume they know everything and have to write matter of fact, sarcastic comments to get their point across.
NYRxLundqvist liked this.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 10:12 a.m.
Lamar1226
i guess i just broke a rule and made a "matter of fact, sarcastic" comment as well sarcasm
Mar. 27, 2019 at 10:22 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: lamar1226
Via Capfriendly rules:
"Trolling:
-Posting a thread or reply to a thread that's sole purpose is to start an argument is not permitted on CapFriendly. This includes non-constructive replies to Armchair-GM threads such as "lol", "terrible" "not realistic". If you want to criticize an armchair-gm team, your post should focus on answering the question "why".. If you believe an armchair-gm team was posted to troll, simply do not reply to it and the moderators will remove it."

Refrain from posting if you're gonna give no effort to the conversation. people like you ruin the site.

-Kreider would be a good fit in Edmonton especially with the speed he has to keep up with McDavid. I would even go as far as to take out Manning and our Dallas 2nd if Kreider comes extended.
-One of these trades for cap dumps would have to not happen in order to have a chance at Panarin, which is what I think we are posturing for this offseason. Unless of course the whole point was that you don't want that to happen in the first place, which is fine.
-I think overall the value isn't that far off in most of these trades as far as i can tell.

Let me educate you, because clearly YOU don't understand what you're talking about. We are rebuilding around Chytil, Howden, Andersson, Kravtsov, Skjei, Hajek, Deangelo (over pionk as far as i can tell), K'Andre Miller, Nils Lundkvist, Igor Shestyorkin, as well as at least the next 1-2 crops from the draft, of which we are going to have a lot of high round picks for. When you have cap space available and you're more than likely not going to be able to make a playoff push, taking short term cap dumps for more prospects and picks is ALWAYS prudent.

Another one of the huge problems about this site are the comments from people that assume they know everything and have to write matter of fact, sarcastic comments to get their point across.

The title asked a question. I answered it. Grow up.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 10:32 a.m.
Lamar1226
The title asked a question. I answered it. Grow up.

Must be too hard for you to come up with constructive criticism. That's okay little buddy you'll figure it out eventually.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 11:52 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Must be too hard for you to come up with constructive criticism. That's okay little buddy you'll figure it out eventually.

He asked if it was realistic. It isn’t. I told him it wasn’t. You must just be so much fun at parties, interjecting yourself into everyone’s conversations. What a tool.

Rick and morty stinks btw
Mar. 27, 2019 at 1:05 p.m.
Via Capfriendly rules:
"Trolling:

Find me one example of a past trade in which an actively rebuilding team traded a young regular roster player (with retained salary) for a terrible cap hit with 1 year left on the deal.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 2:43 p.m.
Lamar1226
He asked if it was realistic. It isn’t. I told him it wasn’t. You must just be so much fun at parties, interjecting yourself into everyone’s conversations. What a tool.

Rick and morty stinks btw

The fact that you said Rick and Morty stinks is all I need to know about you
Mar. 27, 2019 at 2:54 p.m.
Lamar1226
Find me one example of a past trade in which an actively rebuilding team traded a young regular roster player (with retained salary) for a terrible cap hit with 1 year left on the deal.

Why do you need examples? Cant it just be an original trade? Also assuming you're talking about the Georgiev trade. To defend the possible logic there, we cant protect him come expansion draft (he is likely selected) and we have several goaltender prospects including one who is suppose to be the heir apparent to Henrik.... Hopefully. Unfortunately there might not be room for Georgiev if Shestyorkin signs this off season. So I think the logic here is to not let him go for nothing. I don't think it is reasonable to have several cap dumps though, for the simple fact that it could take spots away from young developing players. I'm far from an expert but I feel confident that its an option that our management will be considering.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 2:56 p.m.
CanadianRangers

I don't think it's unusual at all for a rebuilding team to take on a cap dump in exchange for a prospect or a pick. In fact, I believe it's quite common. After all, it wouldn't make much sense for a contending team to take on cap dumps. This also applies for retained salary too. When you're a rebuilding team, money doesn't really matter all that much so if you have to use some of it to obtain more prospects and picks, that's not a problem.

As for the specific situation you outlined, I don't think there are many trades where all those conditions are met. It's probably hard to find any trade that has both a cap dump for 1 year and a salary retained on a U26 player. That being said, it's not that unrealistic, and isn't that the point of the armchair-GM? To create trades that you would do if you were a team's GM?

Personally if I was the GM of the Rangers, I wouldn't have any problem doing this kind of trade. A U26 player won't necessarily be a big piece of our future core so trading him, even with retained salary, isn't that big of a deal. Also if the return included a first round pick as well as a prospect, I would gladly take on a short-term cap dump to complete the trade.
lamar1226 liked this.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 2:57 p.m.
Lamar1226

Also Namestnikov is not part of our long term plans which you mentioned and i forgot to address. He is not worth the 4mil we signed him at so his value would go up if we retain half and if we have the cap space then why not. taking a cap dump with it just gives Tampa the cap space they need and us more value added to attain a young developing player.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 2:58 p.m.
Lamar1226
Quoting: CanadianRangers
I don't think it's unusual at all for a rebuilding team to take on a cap dump in exchange for a prospect or a pick. In fact, I believe it's quite common. After all, it wouldn't make much sense for a contending team to take on cap dumps. This also applies for retained salary too. When you're a rebuilding team, money doesn't really matter all that much so if you have to use some of it to obtain more prospects and picks, that's not a problem.

As for the specific situation you outlined, I don't think there are many trades where all those conditions are met. It's probably hard to find any trade that has both a cap dump for 1 year and a salary retained on a U26 player. That being said, it's not that unrealistic, and isn't that the point of the armchair-GM? To create trades that you would do if you were a team's GM?

Personally if I was the GM of the Rangers, I wouldn't have any problem doing this kind of trade. A U26 player won't necessarily be a big piece of our future core so trading him, even with retained salary, isn't that big of a deal. Also if the return included a first round pick as well as a prospect, I would gladly take on a short-term cap dump to complete the trade.

Well said
Mar. 27, 2019 at 2:58 p.m.
the most realistic is the last one since that's not actually a trade that's a condition on a trade already made lol.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 4:14 p.m.
Mods have power egos
Also Namestnikov is not part of our long term plans which you mentioned and i forgot to address. He is not worth the 4mil we signed him at so his value would go up if we retain half and if we have the cap space then why not. taking a cap dump with it just gives Tampa the cap space they need and us more value added to attain a young developing player.

I just looked at this guy profile he’s 15 so he thinks he knows everything
lamar1226 liked this.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.
Well said

I just don’t see the benefit for the rangers here. Teams that take cap dumps are always the clear winners of the trade because the other team always has to add on actual assets of value to convince the other team to take on the rebuilding cap it. Raddysh isn’t all that valuable.

Whether or not Vladdy is part of the future, you can get way more out of him than trading him to acquire another team’s cap dump.

When the panthers dumped bolland to Arizona, they added on Lawson crouse (who was still considered an A level prospect at the time) and only received a pair of thirds. Very far from receiving a roster player with 2.5m retained.

Let me rephrase what I meant: rebuilding teams do take cap dumps. But not in the type of cap dump trade on this armchair GM. In my opinion, something like

3rd and a 6th for Callahan and Katchouck

or

2nd and 4th for Callahan and Foote
Mar. 27, 2019 at 4:22 p.m.
Why do you need examples? Cant it just be an original trade? Also assuming you're talking about the Georgiev trade. To defend the possible logic there, we cant protect him come expansion draft (he is likely selected) and we have several goaltender prospects including one who is suppose to be the heir apparent to Henrik.... Hopefully. Unfortunately there might not be room for Georgiev if Shestyorkin signs this off season. So I think the logic here is to not let him go for nothing. I don't think it is reasonable to have several cap dumps though, for the simple fact that it could take spots away from young developing players. I'm far from an expert but I feel confident that its an option that our management will be considering.

I’m talking about the Callahan trade.

Anyways, you said you want to “educate” me. So educate me by giving me an example of a trade where a team gave up a roster player and retained salary for a cap dump.

You can’t, because those types of deals don’t happen. Cap dump trades still benefit the team taking on the cap. There is no benefit for the rangers here. Look at the coyotes when they took on bolland’s salary. Look at when they took in datayuk contacts. They’re the ones getting the valuable assets in exchange for taking on the cap it.

The cap dump trade here for the rangers doesn’t make sense. Why retain salary and take a cap hit and then not get anything out of it? Teams don’t make trades solely for the sake of helping out a team in need.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 4:23 p.m.
I just looked at this guy profile he’s 15 so he thinks he knows everything

Someone can’t count...
Mar. 27, 2019 at 4:26 p.m.
Quoting: CanadianRangers

It’s unusual for a rebuilding team to take on a cap hit and not benefit from the trade very much. Namenstikov is not the type of player you would give away for a cap dump. Way too generous towards Tampa. Look at how the coyotes handled their cap dump trades for the bolland and datsyuk contracts.
Mar. 27, 2019 at 4:39 p.m.
Mods have power egos
Someone can’t count...

Lol it said 2001 not my fault you changed it but ok you can go and leave this thread I wanted real opinions not a 15 yo you thinks he’s the next Great gm

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll