RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,000,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Nylander, William
Additional Details:
Hawks need another star forward. We have much to many D man. I say we move Mitchell for forward help.
TOR
  1. Forsberg, Anton [RFA Rights]
  2. Mitchell, Ian [Reserve List]
  3. Murphy, Connor
CHI
  1. 2019 2nd round pick (CAR)
CAR
  1. Anisimov, Artem
  2. Ejdsell, Victor [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
The later of the two picks
CHI
  1. 2019 7th round pick (NYR)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$83,000,000$55,983,327$0$7,005,000$27,016,673
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, C, RW
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$775,833$775,833 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$853,333$853,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 28, 2019 at 2:42 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: jonesryan
Lol. Nylander brings back a better d-man than Murphy. Guarantee that.

Try watching some games. Things aren't solely based on points/production. Yes Nylander tends to get lazy sometimes, a lot of players do. But the difference is that Nylander has the ability and frequently takes control of the game. There's been times where he's been the beat forward in the game, but some bad puck luck held him back from points. Matthews went through a time in his rookie year where he didn't score for 13 games. So by your logic, they shoulda traded him. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He's 5 months into his new contract. Chillnon the trade talk just cause he's having a down season in terms of statistics.. he's young. Guys mature and develop and maybe he grows out of the lazy times. But to suggest to give up that much skill for something that's not even close, is probably the worst trade suggestion possible. Did the Hall for Larsson trade not teach you anything? You don't trade top end talent for positional need. You trade it for its value. What you've suggested is no where near market value for Nylander.

Taylor Hall won the Hart...
Mar. 28, 2019 at 2:45 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: exo2769

I like how he suggests nylander and Hall were ever on the same level.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 2:51 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: exo2769

Quoting: Stan_Bowman
I like how he suggests nylander and Hall were ever on the same level.

Lol. That's not what I said at all. & exactly, Hall won the Hart. So I was saying that you don't sell low on talented players for a positional need like Edmonton did with Hall. So Toronto wouldn't sell low on Nylander because he "doesn't have the points to justify $7M" right now, just for a positional need. That's poor management and that's exactly why Edmonton is where they are today.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 2:56 p.m.
exo2769
Lol. That's not what I said at all. & exactly, Hall won the Hart. So I was saying that you don't sell low on talented players for a positional need like Edmonton did with Hall. So Toronto wouldn't sell low on Nylander because he "doesn't have the points to justify $7M" right now, just for a positional need. That's poor management and that's exactly why Edmonton is where they are today.

Part of the reason the Blackhawks won 3 cups is because of good cap management. (It's also how they're falling off the planet now, but that doesn't take away 3 cups) You don't give people money before it's earned. Toews/Kane each made $6.3M per year for a while until they earned the money. BOTH Toews/Kane are obviously in a different class than William Nylander, but still Nylander get's $7M a year? He's been paid before he's done anything. That's poor management too. AND yes when you're comparing the Taylor Hall and Adam Larsson trade...you're comparing the quality of each of those players in a trade VS the quality of Big Willie and Murph in a trade. is Adam Larsson >> Connor Murphy? NO. Is Taylor Hall >> William Nylander? YES.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:16 p.m.
Lol. Nylander brings back a better d-man than Murphy. Guarantee that.

No Tavares and Matthews takes over the game Nylander is just a helping hand.

Try watching some games. Things aren't solely based on points/production. Yes Nylander tends to get lazy sometimes, a lot of players do. But the difference is that Nylander has the ability and frequently takes control of the game. There's been times where he's been the beat forward in the game, but some bad puck luck held him back from points. Matthews went through a time in his rookie year where he didn't score for 13 games. So by your logic, they shoulda traded him. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He's 5 months into his new contract. Chillnon the trade talk just cause he's having a down season in terms of statistics.. he's young. Guys mature and develop and maybe he grows out of the lazy times. But to suggest to give up that much skill for something that's not even close, is probably the worst trade suggestion possible. Did the Hall for Larsson trade not teach you anything? You don't trade top end talent for positional need. You trade it for its value. What you've suggested is no where near market value for Nylander.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:18 p.m.
You are pretty insane imo.

Quoting: ChiHawk
When somebody says "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard" is when the conversation ends as you know you're dealing with a child.

I am ending talks with this little kid. I know 2 good Toronto fans, and neither of them are in this thread.
ChiHawk liked this.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:20 p.m.

Nylander and Hall are 2 completely different players. Nylander is getting overpaid on a contract that he is not even close to worth.
ChiHawk liked this.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:22 p.m.
Analytics are good
Leafs fans are crazy. This is a great deal for both teams.

No, it isn't. The Leafs get zero help from this trade. They don't have a use for any one of Murphy, Forsberg or Mitchell
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:22 p.m.

So you are saying a guy who has 6 Goals and 20 Assists in 49 Games is worth more than Mitchell a top prospect, a great Goalie Prospect and a depth Defenseman which is what Toronto needs because you guys lose to teams like the Blues with the defense you have/ I watch Toronto games. I'm not so sure you do. I think you just think everyone on Toronto is better than everyone from every other team.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:24 p.m.
Quoting: PenGoater99
No, it isn't. The Leafs get zero help from this trade. They don't have a use for any one of Murphy, Forsberg or Mitchell

So the Leafs don't need RHD guys? Really?
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:24 p.m.
Analytics are good
Murphy is an overrated 4 or 5 dman? LMAO Typical Leafs fan, can't come to grips with the reality like another 1st round exit this year or the statistical fact Nylander is playing like garbage....Saad is better this season then Nylander at $1M cheaper. Nylander doesn't warrant a A+ prospect like Boqvist let alone adding a conditional 1st plus a roster pick??? LMAO YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND

Murphy sucks. That's just what it is. @jonesryan is right.
BeastMode5515 liked this.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:25 p.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
I am ending talks with this little kid. I know 2 good Toronto fans, and neither of them are in this thread.

Don't blame you; he heats up quickly on people and then cries fowl when someone gives it back to him.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:26 p.m.
Analytics are good
So the Leafs don't need RHD guys? Really?

Murphy won't solve their problems, if anything, he's a watered down Zaitsev.
BeastMode5515 liked this.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:27 p.m.
Murphy sucks. That's just what it is. @jonesryan is right.

Best D guy on the Hawks this season as supported by stats; better then Keith, Gus, etc. Either factually support a statement like "Murphy sucks" or your posts won't be taken seriously which in your case is often the case.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:28 p.m.
Analytics are good
When your defense is exposed in the playoffs, and nylander disappears then come comment on this post about how you guys don’t need Murphy and how Nylnader is worth so much.

The Leafs don't need Murphy. He's Zaitsev but a little less garbage
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
Analytics are good
Best D guy on the Hawks this season as supported by stats; better then Keith, Gus, etc. Either factually support a statement like "Murphy sucks" or your posts won't be taken seriously which in your case is often the case.

Please show me a single stat that shows that Murphy is good.

He has a +11 defensive threat. That ain't good, and most of the shots that opposing teams get against him when he's on the ice come from very high danger areas.

But yeah, try to prove that he's good.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:37 p.m.
Analytics are good
This not even close value for Nylander. Murphy is trash and Mitchell is really the only good piece, Nylander has way more value than Mitchell.
BeastMode5515 and Lights liked this.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:37 p.m.
Analytics are good
All in all this is Typical overvaluing of the "God" Nylander.

Look in the mirror before you call out other people for overvaluing players.

Let's not forget you legitimately think Schenn is better than Barkov
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:39 p.m.
DeBrincat > Kane
So you are saying a guy who has 6 Goals and 20 Assists in 49 Games is worth more than Mitchell a top prospect, a great Goalie Prospect and a depth Defenseman which is what Toronto needs because you guys lose to teams like the Blues with the defense you have/ I watch Toronto games. I'm not so sure you do. I think you just think everyone on Toronto is better than everyone from every other team.

go back to playing chess.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:41 p.m.
Please show me a single stat that shows that Murphy is good.

He has a +11 defensive threat. That ain't good, and most of the shots that opposing teams get against him when he's on the ice come from very high danger areas.

But yeah, try to prove that he's good.

No need to try, Murphy's work is doing the talking

https://sportsmockery.com/2019/03/connor-murphy-has-evolved-into-the-blackhawks-best-defenseman/

https://blackhawkup.com/2019/03/17/chicago-blackhawks-connor-murphy-good-season/

The Athletic, probably the best analysts for Hockey, also did a good write up on him recently so you can search for it if you are subscriber.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:45 p.m.
Murphy won't solve their problems, if anything, he's a watered down Zaitsev.

Problem is we aren't looking at it from that perspective we are looking at it on how much Nylander is worth and with how he has played it doesn't look like much, and it's a shame with the talent the team has.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:45 p.m.
Quoting: kopiino
go back to playing chess.

I am I have Missouri Scholastic Chess Championship Saturday. I can send you a pick if you want when I win.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 3:54 p.m.
Analytics are good
No need to try, Murphy's work is doing the talking

https://sportsmockery.com/2019/03/connor-murphy-has-evolved-into-the-blackhawks-best-defenseman/

https://blackhawkup.com/2019/03/17/chicago-blackhawks-connor-murphy-good-season/

The Athletic, probably the best analysts for Hockey, also did a good write up on him recently so you can search for it if you are subscriber.

yea, I should totally believe a Blackhawks based website for unbiased reporting. Even then, most of the stats the use still show him as being below league average. rolling eyes:

The 2nd article doesn't mean anything. It just shows that he's being deployed the most and being the best defender on Chicago (one of the worst defensive teams in the league this year) means nothing.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 4:14 p.m.
yea, I should totally believe a Blackhawks based website for unbiased reporting. Even then, most of the stats the use still show him as being below league average. rolling eyes:

The 2nd article doesn't mean anything. It just shows that he's being deployed the most and being the best defender on Chicago (one of the worst defensive teams in the league this year) means nothing.

They explain the reasons for his stats. That's the problem, if you don't watch the games, you don't know and only look at a stat sheet and anyone who knows anything about the game, knows stats are a good starting place but a bad way to evaluate a player solely on. Very common problem for fans and seen on this website daily.

Case and point; it's amazing how any fan that see the Hawks a couple times a year and that's it, or any team, think they know that teams players. Toronto fans, Pens fans and Caps fans acting like they know Murphy and probably have watched the Hawks play 2 games this year. Ask a fan of another team that plays against the Hawks regularly if you don't want to trust any Blackhawks fans or beat writers; when Murphy is on the ice, he's been covering constantly for his partners (Forsling, Dahlstrom, and even Keith). He's been without a shadow of a doubt, the best defender on the Hawks (grant it bad defensive team) but a solid 2nd line option for all but the deepest defensive teams which Toronto is clearly weak at defense.

How does a defender, on one of the worst defensive teams in the league with the most high danger shots against, go a +15 especially playing the 1st line penalty kill and not the 1st line power play? His main 5 on 5 partner this season, Dahlstrom has been pretty awful and the only reason his stats look somewhat decent as a NHL player is due to Murphy; one can only know that watching game in and game out. Simply put, stats don't paint the whole picture. Same goes for Nylander because on stats alone, the guy isn't worth more then $3.5M a year. Now the debate is, is he worth $7M and I think most agree based on his production and role the answer so far this season is no.

Assuming you a big hockey fan and willing to fork up $20 a year, get a subscription to the Athletic which is one of the best, most in depth, places to get a proper analysis of a player without purely looking at stats.
Mar. 28, 2019 at 4:46 p.m.
Jbarah10

Ur letting recency bias get to you, Nylander is really good, don't let the whole contract fiasco distract you from his skill. He may not be worth his $ rn, but he's still a core piece moving forward for the leafs. Terrible trade imo for the leafs and I like Ian Mitchell

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll