LD
              NMC
              UFA - 1
              BOS
              Miller, Kevan
              $2,500,000
              RD
              UFA - 2
              ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
              BOS
              Grzelcyk, Matt
              $1,400,000
              LD
              UFA - 2
              BOS
              Bjork, Anders
              $925,000
              LW, RW
              RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
              • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
              Mar 29, 2019 at 3:13
              Bcarlo25
              What a novel concept! Never seen this before! It totally isn’t the 15,000th idiot post like this we’ve seen. Yay for your creativity.....

......yawn
              Mar 29, 2019 at 3:14
              Quoting: Bcarlo25
              What a novel concept! Never seen this before! It totally isn’t the 15,000th idiot post like this we’ve seen. Yay for your creativity.....

......yawn

My bad for doing something fun I guess lol
              dzad96 liked this.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 3:15
              Exercise in futility!
              Mar 29, 2019 at 3:17
              Moderators Are Soft
              Quoting: Bcarlo25

......yawn

Sour at how much of a joke the 2015 draft was for the Bruins? With those 3 picks, if they would have literally drafted the 3 guys that went after instead... Wow. Could have had an unreal team. Barzal, Connor, Chabot. Would be scary good. Mucked that one up BAAAAADLY
              Mar 29, 2019 at 3:26
              Yeah seriously, the already all star like team could have been even more All Star-y. smirk
              dzad96 liked this.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 3:57
              Still a bit early...

It appears that way now, but by No means do I think Senyshyn or Zboril are done. Everyone chooses to ignore the fact that the Bruins are good and have been*. There is less of a necessity to get these guys up and on an NHL roster. The Bruins have been notoriously slow at bringing their guys up. Also, to be fair - you need to praise the hell out of them for their Carlo pick. This could also be said about every team, every draft. Senyshyn is a year behind due to illness and Zboril just turned 22. Jake Debrusk is also a beast and is going to be a superstar.

At the end of the day, I think they made two mistakes. I'll take Debrusk there any day and be ok with losing out on one of the aforementioned. There is still plenty of time for this to not look as bad as it seems now. Senyshyn is McDavid fast and dmen develop slower.

* I know Winnipeg is good and has been, but it's because they were very bad and got to pick Sheifeile, Laine, Trouba and Ehlers. Speaking of Winnipeg Mark Schiefele is a perfect example. It seemed at the time and for three years the Jets had really blown that draft. They Didn't. If it were redrafted today. Schiefele would likely go #1 overall. Not saying Zboril or Senyshyn will have that arc, just that theirs isn't done yet.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 4:07
              Also - Debrincat? That is a stretch. Every team passed on him once - a few twice. I mean if we are going that route. The 2011 draft which I said Scheifele would likely go 1st in my previous post was incorrect! Kucherov would. 57 mistakes were made prior to him being selected. Point being, sometimes you just get lucky. Kucherov (like debrincat) were not projected 1st rounders.
              NICHILO14 liked this.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 4:08
              Quoting: dzad96
              Sour at how much of a joke the 2015 draft was for the Bruins? With those 3 picks, if they would have literally drafted the 3 guys that went after instead... Wow. Could have had an unreal team. Barzal, Connor, Chabot. Would be scary good. Mucked that one up BAAAAADLY

Still a bit early...

It appears that way now, but by No means do I think Senyshyn or Zboril are done. Everyone chooses to ignore the fact that the Bruins are good and have been*. There is less of a necessity to get these guys up and on an NHL roster. The Bruins have been notoriously slow at bringing their guys up. Also, to be fair - you need to praise the hell out of them for their Carlo pick. This could also be said about every team, every draft. Senyshyn is a year behind due to illness and Zboril just turned 22. Jake Debrusk is also a beast and is going to be a superstar.

At the end of the day, I think they made two mistakes. I'll take Debrusk there any day and be ok with losing out on one of the aforementioned. There is still plenty of time for this to not look as bad as it seems now. Senyshyn is McDavid fast and dmen develop slower.

* I know Winnipeg is good and has been, but it's because they were very bad and got to pick Sheifeile, Laine, Trouba and Ehlers. Speaking of Winnipeg Mark Schiefele is a perfect example. It seemed at the time and for three years the Jets had really blown that draft. They Didn't. If it were redrafted today. Schiefele would likely go #1 overall. Not saying Zboril or Senyshyn will have that arc, just that theirs isn't done yet.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 4:23
              Quoting: Propeller09
              Also - Debrincat? That is a stretch. Every team passed on him once - a few twice. I mean if we are going that route. The 2011 draft which I said Scheifele would likely go 1st in my previous post was incorrect! Kucherov would. 57 mistakes were made prior to him being selected. Point being, sometimes you just get lucky. Kucherov (like debrincat) were not projected 1st rounders.

Before the season started I personally projected Debrincat to be a top 10 pick. Size probably scared teams away. I knew about him, but maybe other fans didn’t.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 4:49
              Quoting: Jiannuccilli
              Before the season started I personally projected Debrincat to be a top 10 pick. Size probably scared teams away. I knew about him, but maybe other fans didn’t.

To be fair being a 2nd round pick is nothing to be embarrassed about- You are "supposed" to be a good NHL'er- just that heading in (CSS) didn't have him projected top 10. You may have, but clearly the league didn't. I have a hard time blaming the Bruins for missing him. With the others they passed on Barzal, Chabot and Connor for guys that were projected to go after them.

yes, his size scared everyone away. Just like Gaudreau
              Mar 29, 2019 at 5:04
              LongtimeLeafsufferer
              If other teams had "drafted correctly" than the Bruins would've have got Pastrnak in the second round or McAvoy at # 14. (or Bergeron or Marchand )
              Propeller09 and NICHILO14 liked this.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 5:16
              Quoting: palhal
              If other teams had "drafted correctly" than the Bruins would've have got Pastrnak in the second round or McAvoy at # 14. (or Bergeron or Marchand )

Not necessarily. In 2015, the guys they picked were projected to go much later (senyshyn almost 3rd round). They did this instead of taking the clear cut best players still on the board. For pastrnak and McAvoy, they were picked right around their projection. Everyone and their moms knew the bruins were going to pick McAvoy.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 7:29

We all know Boston mucked it up. It's been done to death on this site though which is his point.
              Just for fun though, in that same draft Devils took Zacha, Panthers took Lawson Crouse, and Dallas took Denis Gurianov. At least DeBrusk turned out to be worth it for the Bruins.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 8:27
              They also hit on Pastrnak, McAvoy and Carlo instead of taking Schebak, Fabbro and Meloche. I don't particularly enjoy these hindsight teams. I liked Barzal and thought he was better then anyone on team Canada that year not named McDavid. Boston didn't believe his body would hold up in the NHL. Connor sabotaged his interview with Boston because he didn't want to play there. Zboril was ranked higher then Chabot in almost every list. Bruins picked Senyshyn knowing he'd be a project. Debrusk they loved.

The thing most people ignore or don't know is that they had no intention of using all three picks. They wanted to move up and take Hanifin. Bottom fell out of the deal and now we wait to see the final results.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 8:59
              Quoting: keepcalmandbergeron
              They also hit on Pastrnak, McAvoy and Carlo instead of taking Schebak, Fabbro and Meloche. I don't particularly enjoy these hindsight teams. I liked Barzal and thought he was better then anyone on team Canada that year not named McDavid. Boston didn't believe his body would hold up in the NHL. Connor sabotaged his interview with Boston because he didn't want to play there. Zboril was ranked higher then Chabot in almost every list. Bruins picked Senyshyn knowing he'd be a project. Debrusk they loved.

The thing most people ignore or don't know is that they had no intention of using all three picks. They wanted to move up and take Hanifin. Bottom fell out of the deal and now we wait to see the final results.

Never knew that about Connor. My mistake.

Every mock draft I saw had Chabot ahead of Zboril.

I feel like not planning to use those picks would be even more of a reason to just take the top 3 players on the board.

I still just don’t know why they passed on barzal. I was yelling at the TV to draft Barzal. Senyshyn would have been there in round 2 or 3 if they really wanted him.

This isn’t really all hindsight. People knew Barzal would be good at the time. No one even knew who senyshyn was.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 9:03
              GM Game v1 v2
              This could be done for literally any team, Bruins aren't the only ones who passed on Barzal & Co.

Not to mention, at least the Bruins have really good player development. Be proud of that!
              Mar 29, 2019 at 9:56
              NICHILO14

If you want to talk about a joke of a team just look Toronto and their drafting. Not one of your core players are drafted outside the top 10 overall. Matthews Marner Nylander Kadri Reilly and even Tavares and Marleau. Before you go roasting other people's picks take a good hard look at your own.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 9:59
              NICHILO14
              Well said. And we also drafted Carlo 2nd round which could have easily been one of our firsts. Every team makes mistakes. Everyone passed on Point 3 times. Everyone passed on pasta... The list goes on and on
              Mar 29, 2019 at 11:37
              Quoting: We_Want_The_Cup
              This could be done for literally any team, Bruins aren't the only ones who passed on Barzal & Co.

Not to mention, at least the Bruins have really good player development. Be proud of that!

Worse for the bruins here though since they reached for players who (unsurprisingly) aren’t developing, instead of taking the clear-cut best players on the board at positions of need.
              Mar 29, 2019 at 11:38
              Worse for the bruins here though since they reached for players who (unsurprisingly) aren’t developing that well, instead of taking the clear-cut best players on the board at positions of need.
              Mar 30, 2019 at 3:00
              GM CRIME DAWG
              Edited Mar 30, 2019 at 3:26
              MBarzal: "Seattle top prospect Barzal sustains knee injury" (news article November 19th, 2014).

MB was drafted June 2015...Prior to that though he had a slow rehab and a bit of a setback in his recovery. Needless to say, many teams not only didn't see him as much as they would have liked but they were reluctant to go for a small guy with a bum knee. Furthermore, MB's highest goal total in junior career = 27 (post-draft year)...nice but not exactly Gretz or Mario.

Bruins are the poster child for bad knees - Orr and Kluzak anyone? NO WONDER they passed....NEXT!!

Bruins did (are doing) fine and every team could fill a toilet roll w/ what "if's" when it comes to drafting!

One final point/fact - MB wouldn't have gotten the same chance down the middle in Beantown (#1C Bergy, 2C Krej then maybe 3C/4C MB...) as he's been given w/ NYI.
              Apr 1, 2019 at 9:31
              Never knew that about Connor. My mistake.

Every mock draft I saw had Chabot ahead of Zboril.

I feel like not planning to use those picks would be even more of a reason to just take the top 3 players on the board.

I still just don’t know why they passed on barzal. I was yelling at the TV to draft Barzal. Senyshyn would have been there in round 2 or 3 if they really wanted him.

This isn’t really all hindsight. People knew Barzal would be good at the time. No one even knew who senyshyn was.

A rumor on Barzal was during his interview with Boston they asked him why they should draft him. As the story goes, he told them "Don't and see what happens." That comment didn't sit well with Boston brass.

At the end of the day though, if you change the 2015 draft, you change the entire NHL. Everything that happened post the 2015 draft for Boston and EVERY TEAM is now different.
              Apr 1, 2019 at 10:01
              Quoting: McGruff
              MBarzal: "Seattle top prospect Barzal sustains knee injury" (news article November 19th, 2014).

MB was drafted June 2015...Prior to that though he had a slow rehab and a bit of a setback in his recovery. Needless to say, many teams not only didn't see him as much as they would have liked but they were reluctant to go for a small guy with a bum knee. Furthermore, MB's highest goal total in junior career = 27 (post-draft year)...nice but not exactly Gretz or Mario.

Bruins are the poster child for bad knees - Orr and Kluzak anyone? NO WONDER they passed....NEXT!!

Bruins did (are doing) fine and every team could fill a toilet roll w/ what "if's" when it comes to drafting!

One final point/fact - MB wouldn't have gotten the same chance down the middle in Beantown (#1C Bergy, 2C Krej then maybe 3C/4C MB...) as he's been given w/ NYI.

Personally I, and many others, feel this “if” for Boston is a lot bigger since they reached off the board instead of taking 3 of the clear cut guys. But maybe you’re right about the opportunity. However I believe he could have been the 2C over Krejci.
              Apr 1, 2019 at 10:36
              Moderators Are Soft
              Quoting: NICHILO14
              If you want to talk about a joke of a team just look Toronto and their drafting. Not one of your core players are drafted outside the top 10 overall. Matthews Marner Nylander Kadri Reilly and even Tavares and Marleau. Before you go roasting other people's picks take a good hard look at your own.

andreas johnson, 7th round pick, 2nd in rookie scoring.
              travis dermott, blossoming top 4-6 defensemand, 2nd round pick.
              Connor Brown, 20 goal scorer, 6th round pick.

Not to mention tons of guys on the marlies who are going to be impact players. Nice try tho.

Also love how you mentioned how damn near perfectly the Leafs have drafted in the top 10 and used it as somehow an insult? Like so many teams muck up their top 10 picks and the Leafs havent... So yeah we must be bad at drafting. Your argument is garbage.
              Apr 1, 2019 at 11:15
              NICHILO14
              andreas johnson, 7th round pick, 2nd in rookie scoring.
              travis dermott, blossoming top 4-6 defensemand, 2nd round pick.
              Connor Brown, 20 goal scorer, 6th round pick.

Not to mention tons of guys on the marlies who are going to be impact players. Nice try tho.

Also love how you mentioned how damn near perfectly the Leafs have drafted in the top 10 and used it as somehow an insult? Like so many teams muck up their top 10 picks and the Leafs havent... So yeah we must be bad at drafting. Your argument is garbage.

Those are the three best players you can come up with???? You are proving my point for me lol. It took 10 years to at least get lucky with 3 picks that aren't even pivotal players. Fact is, leafs are horrible at drafting and developing anyone outside top 10 in picks which is almost impossible to screw up anyways.

To create a post please Login or Register
              Question:
              Options:
              Add Option
              Remove Option
              Submit Poll