SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2019 Playoffs Discussion Thread

May 4, 2019 at 6:27 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
First, why didn't I get a notification? Also, I know people can get updates in other places. I'm trying to get discussion going but none seems to be. Last year in the playoffs discussion thread there was a lot of discussion, so I don't know what's happened this year.

I forgot to tag you initially so I edited the comment to tag you - probably why you didn't get a notification, my bad
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 7, 2019 at 10:46 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Anyone want to talk about the playoffs? Game 7 is going to overtime (STL-DAL) ...

Thoughts on the game anyone? I think Dallas just needs to play like they had the same amount of shots as St. Louis. The fact that they haven't been getting many shots shouldn't change anything in overtime.
May 8, 2019 at 12:13 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I didn't care who won the series but great to see Maroon score the OT winner.
May 8, 2019 at 12:15 a.m.
I didn't care who won the series but great to see Maroon score the OT winner.

What a performance by Ben Bishop though. Binnington did well to keep his head in the game with so little action.
May 8, 2019 at 1:54 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rangsey
What a performance by Ben Bishop though. Binnington did well to keep his head in the game with so little action.

I mean, in the first period and the overtimes he got quite a bit of action. Dallas actually outshot St. Louis in the first. Crazy that the game actually went to overtime with St. Louis outshooting Dallas by that much.
May 8, 2019 at 1:58 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Here's my terrible pre-playoff predictions bracket:

Tampa Bay over Columbus in 4
Boston over Toronto in 6
Washington over Carolina in 6
NY Islanders over Pittsburgh in 6
Nashville over Dallas in 4
Winnipeg over St. Louis in 6
Calgary over Colorado in 5
Vegas over San Jose in 5

Tampa Bay over Boston in 6
Washington over NY Islanders in 5
Nashville over Winnipeg in 7
Vegas over Calgary in 6

Washington over Tampa Bay in 6
Nashville over Vegas in 5

Washington over Nashville in 5
May 9, 2019 at 9:00 p.m.
At Season start i had TBL vs WAS and NSH vs SJS ( after they acquired Karlsson )...with CAR and WPG as honorable mentions cause of amazingly built D.

Right now CAR is showing how important is D if you want to go all the way.

As for the last year i think it was about time and deserving for Ovechkin and Backstrom to earn their Cup finally, this year i think its Karlsson and those SJS old farts to get one after all those years of being Elite and nothing to show......
May 10, 2019 at 10:53 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Laudan
At Season start i had TBL vs WAS and NSH vs SJS ( after they acquired Karlsson )...with CAR and WPG as honorable mentions cause of amazingly built D.

Right now CAR is showing how important is D if you want to go all the way.

As for the last year i think it was about time and deserving for Ovechkin and Backstrom to earn their Cup finally, this year i think its Karlsson and those SJS old farts to get one after all those years of being Elite and nothing to show......

I think they're probably the most likely team to win it but maybe Boston because they've already won a game. But then it gets into "what is the most likely matchup and winner in the final" and that's too much for my brain.

Going into the conference final series I picked Carolina in 5 and San Jose in 6. For my Carolina prediction to be right the Canes need to win the next 4.
May 12, 2019 at 12:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Am I the only one who noticed that the first SJS goal and the first STL goal shouldn't have counted? There should have been penalties on both plays.
May 12, 2019 at 5:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Wow, what is wrong with the Hurricanes? They haven't been very good this game.
May 16, 2019 at 2:16 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Thoughts on the Meier hand pass anyone? (IMO the goal shouldn't have counted)
May 16, 2019 at 3:28 a.m.
Thoughts on the Meier hand pass anyone? (IMO the goal shouldn't have counted)

Missed call...No question. Hard to believe all 4 officials missed it. Obviously, the play wasn't reviewable under the current rules, but that probably needs to change this summer. What a great game it was too! Probably one of the most exciting games I've watched this postseason. That 2nd period was edge of your seat, high powered offense. I think this series is going at least 6 games. Both teams are very evenly matched in almost all facets of the game. 100 times more entertaining than the East Final w/ BOS and CAR.
May 16, 2019 at 10:26 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Brian2016
Missed call...No question. Hard to believe all 4 officials missed it. Obviously, the play wasn't reviewable under the current rules, but that probably needs to change this summer. What a great game it was too! Probably one of the most exciting games I've watched this postseason. That 2nd period was edge of your seat, high powered offense. I think this series is going at least 6 games. Both teams are very evenly matched in almost all facets of the game. 100 times more entertaining than the East Final w/ BOS and CAR.

Agreed, way better series. Would be interesting to see Carolina come back though. I doubt the Canes will win the series, but it's not over until one team wins 4 games. I feel like the game tonight will be close.
May 16, 2019 at 10:26 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

And it was a scoreless 3rd until Couture's trying goal. How is he so good in the playoffs?
May 16, 2019 at 12:48 p.m.
And it was a scoreless 3rd until Couture's trying goal. How is he so good in the playoffs?

Couture reminds me of Crosby so much. I realize there's no comparison to Sid, but their games are so similar in my opinion. Couture has been the best player this postseason by a mile and he probably would've won the Conn Smythe in '16 had SJS won the Cup. He's a big game player who's probably underpaid considering what he does in the playoffs. Evander Kane makes only $1M less AAV and he's been pretty much irrelevant so far this postseason.
May 16, 2019 at 12:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Couture reminds me of Crosby so much. I realize there's no comparison to Sid, but their games are so similar in my opinion. Couture has been the best player this postseason by a mile and he probably would've won the Conn Smythe in '16 had SJS won the Cup. He's a big game player who's probably underpaid considering what he does in the playoffs. Evander Kane makes only $1M less AAV and he's been pretty much irrelevant so far this postseason.

He is similar to Crosby, but I wouldn't say he's as good (I don't think you're saying he is, either). Crosby is better than Couture in the regular season, which is obviously important because you need to be good enough to make the playoffs. They're pretty even in the playoffs so that's why I'd rather have Crosby. He's as good in the playoffs and better in the regular season. But I'm not even sure i'd say Couture is as good as Sid in the playoffs. Crosby does so much for the Pens and has helped them win 3 cups.
May 16, 2019 at 10:57 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Islanders swept Pittsburgh
Carolina swept the Islanders
Boston swept Carolina

Does this mean the Bruins will be swept in the final?
May 19, 2019 at 6:18 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Not a great game by the Sharks.
May 20, 2019 at 1:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
On this day, last year, the playoffs discussion thread was on page 16. This year, we're only on page 4. Where did all the discussion go? Are people already busy talking about offseason stuff?
May 20, 2019 at 5:56 p.m.
On this day, last year, the playoffs discussion thread was on page 16. This year, we're only on page 4. Where did all the discussion go? Are people already busy talking about offseason stuff?

Game of Thrones bud.

Plus you keep opening a new thread for every series and spreading things out. Also the Carolina, San Jose and St Louis fanbases aren't the most talkative about there.
May 20, 2019 at 6:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Game of Thrones bud.

Plus you keep opening a new thread for every series and spreading things out. Also the Carolina, San Jose and St Louis fanbases aren't the most talkative about there.

I did that last year, too.
May 20, 2019 at 9:21 p.m.
I did that last year, too.

Probably the latter then.
May 20, 2019 at 9:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Probably the latter then.

True. But what about Boston?
May 20, 2019 at 11:00 p.m.
True. But what about Boston?

They've got nobody to talk to.
May 20, 2019 at 11:33 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Which teams fans are often talking about the playoffs here? Tampa, Washington, Vegas, and Winnipeg you're saying?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll