SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

who should the canucks DRAFT at 10 or trade up

Apr. 11, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.
Big Boeser
i don’t think the canucks will trade up considering they are at 10 and it would cost horvat, juolevi +. I’m thinking canucks take Zegras or turcotte if he falls. write in description
Apr. 11, 2019 at 4:14 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Zegras would be Buffalo bound imo. Turcotte would fall to Wild or be picked by Red Wings at 6. Nucks should draft Broberg or Soderstrom. Either one of them is great addition to the depth of that blue line. You have enough forwards to be good to pick swede Dman.
SalamiCheese and bigboeser6 liked this.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 4:17 p.m.
I hope that we (Buffalo) take Turcotte or Zegras.
SammyT_51 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 4:19 p.m.
Banned
If both Cozens and Byram are off the boards when Detroit picks at #6, I think they take Turcotte if he's still on the board.
SammyT_51 and aedoran liked this.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 4:20 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
My top-15 mock draft is this:

NJD - Hughes
NYR - Kakko
CHI - Podkolzin
COL - Cozens
LAK - Byram
DET - Turcotte
BUF - Zegras
EDM - Krebs
ANA - Boldy
VAN - Broberg
PHI - Soderstrom
MIN - Dach (he could easily fall)
FLA - Knight (they should)
ARI - Caufield/Suzuki
MTL - Lavoie
Apr. 11, 2019 at 4:31 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Cheesesauce
I hope that we (Buffalo) take Turcotte or Zegras.

I don't think Turcotte will still be there at #7. But you (Buffalo) should have a choice of Dach, Zegras or Krebs.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 4:32 p.m.
What in tarnation
Correct me if I'm wrong, but VAN doesn't really have any too good RHD prospects? Except Woo, that is.

If that's the case, I think Söderström might be the most beneficial, position-wise.

My TOP10 guess on the draft is somewhat like this
1. Jack Hughes, NJ
2. Kaapo Kakko, NYR
3. Vasili Podkozlin, CHI
4. Dylan Cozens, COL
5. Bowen Byram, LA
6. Alex Turcotte, DET
7. Kirby Dach, BUF
8. Peyton Krebs, EDM
9. Trevor Zegras, ANA
10. Matthew Boldy, VAN
SammyT_51 and sedin33 liked this.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 4:34 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: SammyT_51
My top-15 mock draft is this:

NJD - Hughes
NYR - Kakko
CHI - Podkolzin
COL - Cozens
LAK - Byram
DET - Turcotte
BUF - Zegras
EDM - Krebs
ANA - Boldy
VAN - Broberg
PHI - Soderstrom
MIN - Dach (he could easily fall)
FLA - Knight (they should)
ARI - Caufield/Suzuki
MTL - Lavoie

I think it depends a lot on the final prospect rankings. Right now I have the first six as yours, but LA takes Turcotte and Detroit gets Byram. I think Edmonton takes Boldy and Anaheim gets its choice of the two centers Buffalo didn't pick or Soderstrom (who fills their immediate need more). My mock also has Caufield to Arizona and Lavoie to Montreal. Philly might look at Harley or York.
sedin33 liked this.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I don't think Turcotte will still be there at #7. But you (Buffalo) should have a choice of Dach, Zegras or Krebs.

You never know, maybe in front of us someone will do a controversial choice. Arizona did that last year, but I don't mind if we take Zegras or Dach.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 4:38 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I think you'll have a choice of whoever is still on the board among Dach, Zegras and Krebs, plus Broberg, Soderstrom and York. In my heart of hearts, I'm hoping for Soderstrom to fall all the way to #19 where Anaheim will pick him because Las Vegas will get all the way to the conference finals again (and thus move up to #28), but I'm steeling myself for disappointment.
bigboeser6 liked this.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 4:53 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I think it depends a lot on the final prospect rankings. Right now I have the first six as yours, but LA takes Turcotte and Detroit gets Byram. I think Edmonton takes Boldy and Anaheim gets its choice of the two centers Buffalo didn't pick or Soderstrom (who fills their immediate need more). My mock also has Caufield to Arizona and Lavoie to Montreal. Philly might look at Harley or York.

Of course they might. I think LA takes Byram as they need that top quality LHD because Clague or Brickley are not that. They have a lot of forward prospects. Thats why. But Detroit would pick either Turcotte or Dach. And either of those is going to fall then. Zegras is going to BUF imo. Soderstrom is great pick for Canucks so I think they take him. I like Broberg more tbh but both are great Dman both defensively and offensively. I think Philly needs RHD so maybe they would trade down and pick somebody else at 20 and get another pick in early 20s. Anything is possible outside top-10. It can be anybody to anywhom outside top-5 or top-6. I love Turcotte man.. so great defensively..
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 5:02 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: SammyT_51
Of course they might. I think LA takes Byram as they need that top quality LHD because Clague or Brickley are not that. They have a lot of forward prospects. Thats why. But Detroit would pick either Turcotte or Dach. And either of those is going to fall then. Zegras is going to BUF imo. Soderstrom is great pick for Canucks so I think they take him. I like Broberg more tbh but both are great Dman both defensively and offensively. I think Philly needs RHD so maybe they would trade down and pick somebody else at 20 and get another pick in early 20s. Anything is possible outside top-10. It can be anybody to anywhom outside top-5 or top-6. I love Turcotte man.. so great defensively..

We may have a lot of forward prospects, but unless Gabriel Vilardi is actually able to play in the NHL, none at center, which is why Cozens and Turcotte and Dach are appealing.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 5:47 p.m.
EclipzeEDM
If NJ offers you 1OA for Juolevi, Horvat and maybe one of your goalie prospects with the 10th pick Vancouver would be dumb to say no.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 6:09 p.m.
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
If both Cozens and Byram are off the boards when Detroit picks at #6, I think they take Turcotte if he's still on the board.

I agree now between Cozens and Byram who do you like more?

I think LA goes offense with their pick. They need scoring more than defense.
Apr. 11, 2019 at 7:01 p.m.
Quoting: Eclipze
If NJ offers you 1OA for Juolevi, Horvat and maybe one of your goalie prospects with the 10th pick Vancouver would be dumb to say no.

As a Vancouver fan, it's an interesting proposal and very good value for Vancouver, but I think it's a step back for the Canucks.

They need quality and quantity right now. At 10th hey could get either a top six forward or top four defense. Adding that to their core > subtracting Horvat... and adding Hughes. Part of my reasoning is that I still think Juolevi will be a top 4 d.
bigboeser6 and Canucks1 liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 1:29 a.m.
Canucks123
Hughes
Kakko
Poldkolzin
Turcotte
Byram
Cozens

Will be gone forsure imo.

Dach
Zegras
Krebs
Boldy

So hopefully
one of these guys in that order.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 1:34 a.m.
Markstrom, Virtanen and 10th OA to Avs for 4th and take Byram
bigboeser6 and Lbb liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 8:43 a.m.
Quoting: Canucks1
Hughes
Kakko
Poldkolzin
Turcotte
Byram
Cozens

Will be gone forsure imo.

Dach
Zegras
Krebs
Boldy

So hopefully
one of these guys in that order.

I’m not sure about Dach. I think his transition to the NHL may be longer. Is his hockey sense strong?
Apr. 16, 2019 at 12:13 p.m.
Canucks123
Quoting: sedin33
I’m not sure about Dach. I think his transition to the NHL may be longer. Is his hockey sense strong?

His hockey sense and vision/playmaking ability is his strong suit imo. His only downfall is his effort consistently, as he seems to coast some games and play hard others.
sedin33 liked this.
May 18, 2019 at 1:55 p.m.
Brendan Fox
My thoughts at 10:

-Zegras (Highly doubt he falls past Buffalo)
- Dach (doubt he falls, if he falls to ANA there's no way they pass... right?)
-Caufield (he's small, but has seriously talent and scores like crazy)
-Boldy (solid choice)
-Krebs ( ^ )

There are some defence we could take, but I'm very hesitant on Broberg, who has shown limited versatility. Soderstrom The defence in this draft come around 15, where there's A LOT of them (Harley, York, Soderstrom, Broberg all could go around then). None have shown enough to surpass the huge amount of forward talent we see above, except maybe soderstrom. The only reason to go Defence is because of positional need, but at 10 i really don't think it makes sense.
Jun. 15, 2019 at 9:21 a.m.
Wit h Krebs injury he will definitely fall.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll