SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Holy that was bad

Apr. 12, 2019 at 8:19 a.m.
Username_Bot
This is how I thought it through. Firstly, everyone except a few were aweful. Those exceptions include Rask, Bergeron, Krejci, and Coyle. Everyone else looked horrible. Maybe there a few that were acceptable such as Clifton, DeBrusk... but that was still horrible performance. Heinen and Kuhlman are horrible last night. They need to sit, and we need to play a more physical and veteran lineup.

First line: I went with the same thing. Yes risky since they played badly but... they are those who are the head of the team. Get something for them in the locker room and they should do fine.

2nd line: stuck with the same thing exception mojo up onto the 2nd line. Reason for that is that Kuhlman looked horrible and I believe he could benefit with some benching and watching. Yes, it demoralizes him, and everyone would be too but he needs to watch and learn. Also, he needs that attitude that he would be out if he doesn't play well, maybe put him back in when game 3 or 4 is back under way.

3rd line: Pretty big changes the third line. Other than coyle, I added the additions of Backes and Cehlarik. I went with a line that provides a physical game and could score.
Playmaker(I consider Cehlarik that way but...many will have different opinions)-Two way foward- power foward.
Playoffs usually find some older players back into their prime form and Backes/Coyle provides physicality, something we lacked tonight. This line must do something or else Szwarz or Stempniak or Smith will be hoping in, or maybe Carey has himself a good game and push up the lineup.

Line 4: After Kuraly's injury, there has been missing a lot of scoring and good plays from the 4th line. Nordstrom was the opposite of good yesterday and the 4th line didn't work out. I saw Carey fitting into the position of Kuraly. He has been excellent in the AHL, leading the P-Bruins in scoring and that is what we need from our 4th line. He also plays defensive making him a perfect fit on the 4th line. From his call up earlier this season, he made a name for himself and I think it is worth trying him out. If he does garbage, we have replacements, so all pressure is on him.

Defense
First pairing: No changes, would like to but pretty much injuries have done it again.

Second pairing: No changes, need better D from them. Would like to get some changes there too but injuries...

Third pairing: Grizz hasn't had the best of games and I want to shake things up. Grizz is a good D, don't get me wrong but as I said, I want to give some more older players a chance, such as Kampfer. Last time he played, he played above average and he is still capable of playing. Maybe he finds a good game, and if he doesn't, we have other options, so pressure is also on him to play well.

Goalies: The Bruins just called up Vladar so I don't know what is going on but... I would just role with Rask as the starter, unless he gets injured. Halak isn't that bad either. For those who were blaming Rask yesterday, this was what he had to face. A brake away, an aweful deflection, an empty net (nothing he can do), a penalty shot. That is not something good for the goalie, and I doubt Halak could have done much better.

Brutal game yesterday, hopefully this shake things up. Bring up some players to give pressure to those on the roaster. Its better to do this so that they are now forced to play better and have the pressure on them. imo, this is the best the Bruins could do to face the Leafs.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 8:21 a.m.
I was surprised Backes didn't play. I known he's not the fastest, but his experience and his style of game is suited for the playoffs.
palhal liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 8:25 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: Chopper02
I was surprised Backes didn't play. I known he's not the fastest, but his experience and his style of game is suited for the playoffs.

IKR
Apr. 12, 2019 at 4:43 p.m.
I think nerves just got to the younger players. Its like what cassidy said, they were trying to force plays that arent there. GM2 they should show up but I do agree with sitting kuhlman and bumping up mojo, as well as throwing backes into the lineup
Apr. 12, 2019 at 7:50 p.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: KennyBoi
I think nerves just got to the younger players. Its like what cassidy said, they were trying to force plays that arent there. GM2 they should show up but I do agree with sitting kuhlman and bumping up mojo, as well as throwing backes into the lineup

Yeah exactly

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll