SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock draft 2019 + explanations

Mock draft 2019 + explanations

Draft Class: 2019
Created By: Holtz
Published: Apr. 12, 2019 at 1:26 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New Jersey Devils-With Michael McLeod almost NHl ready, I would not be surprised if New-Jersey goes with Kakko instead of Jack Hugues. He showed amazing speed, shots and IQ hockey sense at the World Juiniors 2019, already a strong asset for them even at 17. Hischier/McLeod as top centers prospects and Quenneville/Kakko as wingers.
2Logo of the New York Rangers-Well...Jack Hugues.
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Tough spot for the Hawks here. They have plenty of choices, but no sureshot like Kakko and Hugues. With Beaudin, Boqvist and Jokiharju in the pipeline, they will probably go for a big forward. Cozens fit perfectly for Chicago. Big, good skating abilities and very good for faceoffs. He will have the best mentor with Toews. He still need to find consistency in his play, and he will most likely play NHL in 2-3 years.
4Logo of the Colorado AvalancheLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsMakar and Timmins are the incoming defensemen for the Avs. Bowers and Kaut are not ''supposed to'' to be top end prospects right now. They have a chance to add a elite player with this pick. Illinois born Alex Turcotte could be their guy. Based on scouting reports, he possesses incredible speed and puck handling. He can also play Center and Winger.
5Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-At this point, the Kings need to rebuild. When you start rebuilding, in my opinion you start with defense. So, Bowen Byram will be the next great d-man to rise in L.A.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Unfortunately for the Wings, Byram will no longer be available and would have been the greatest pick for them. The urge for strong young defeman is real for this team. So, I would not be surprise they go with Philip Broberg. One of the most complete athlete in this draft.
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Enigmatic and leadershipless. Is Jack Eichel the real leader in this lockerroom? They need someone with leadership and complement Mittelstadt and Eichel. Seems to fit with Matthew Boldy. Scouts are describing him as a winger at NHL level and his competiveness is huge.
8Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Another team who struggles. They need someone who will act as a second violin for McDavid. I think Kirby Dach is their guy. His doesn't eran the expected second junior season, but his ceiling his high. Would be great for them to see McDavid and Dach in their top6 center line in 4 years.
9Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Ducks season is just a bump on the road, they will probably boune back next year. They need to replace Perry as a top 6 liner with Comtois, Terry or Steel as soon as possible. So, they'll go for one of my favorite player of this draft, Cam York.
10Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Canucks have a huge prospect bank right now. Looks like Peyton Krebs will be added. Strong guy with grit, if he can gain in size he could play like a power forward for them.
11Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-There is always one guy falling off each year and Podkolzin is this chosen one for 2019. Flyers can't pass on him at this point.
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-They got Donato for Coyle, good thing for them cause Eriksson-Ek is not playing as they were expecting. This is not enough anyway, so a guy like Trevor Zegras is more than welcome. They don't have prospects with a vision like him, he's a real playmaker.
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-This guy probably doesn't have the credit for his 2 previous seasons because he is playing BCHL. Just like Jost and Fabbro, he will be draft first round. I look forward what he can do in the next level.
14Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Chayka likes numbers and Kaliyev have good ones. With 102 points in the OHL, he finished in top scorers in the league at 17. Plus, he has the size. He's going to play for Arizona.
15Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I could have go for Lavoie or Suzuki, knowing Lavoie is from Quebec and Suzuki could play with his brother. I don't think they'll choose this way. They a top left defenseman. Romanov can be their guy, but another one needed. I think Thomas Harley could be a good fit for them. He is one of the youngest player on the draft and have good offensive skills.
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
17Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-
19Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
20Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the St. Louis Blues
21Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
22Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
23Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
24Logo of the Nashville Predators-
25Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the San Jose Sharks
27Logo of the New York Islanders-
28Logo of the Washington Capitals-
29Logo of the Boston Bruins-
30Logo of the Calgary Flames-
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
Apr. 12, 2019 at 3:05 p.m.
3 LHD in the top9, it won't happens...
Holtz liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 4:45 p.m.
I said the same thing to myself doing this earlier.

The thing is, I did it with the need as the first criteria. But most of the teams are just going to pick the best player depending on their scout without thinking their need specifically.

But heh, just for fun wink
Apr. 12, 2019 at 5:06 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
doubt Zegras falls that much. Ill be making one in a bit. Peek it when you get a chance
Holtz and TanSor liked this.
Apr. 15, 2019 at 12:30 p.m.
I'll take a look for sure Rodzik.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll