SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Buffalo Sabres

head coach options

Apr. 12, 2019 at 6:49 p.m.
buffalofan
my top 2 picks are Scott Sandelin (NCAA Minnesota-Duluth) or Dale Hunter (OHL London Kinghts) let me hear some thoughts
Apr. 12, 2019 at 6:57 p.m.
I don't know the coaching market very well, especially in such leagues. Maybe Taylor or Keefe from AHL, Alain Vigneault is still free, Guy Boucher or Bob Boughner, or Dave Tippet.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 7:15 p.m.
buffalofan
Quoting: Cheesesauce
I don't know the coaching market very well, especially in such leagues. Maybe Taylor or Keefe from AHL, Alain Vigneault is still free, Guy Boucher or Bob Boughner, or Dave Tippet.

i guess i am just thinking that they should break cycle of recycling nhl coaches. instead they should try bringing in coaches proven by years of developing younger players into champions consistently. so Taylor or Keefe from AHL work well too.
SalamiCheese liked this.
May 15, 2019 at 9:03 a.m.
Ralph Krueger.

"Known as a defensive-minded coach, he has also demonstrated the ability to deliver the offensive style of game. He has been described as a great communicator, positive thinker and a motivator."
May 15, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.
buffalofan
i am iffy on the hire. i think there were better options on the table in Keefer, Sandelin and Hunter. but botts actual got to talk to these guys so should have better idea.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 7:42 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I wouldn't hire a NCAA coach. You need a coach with pro experience who knows the players/teams...pro concepts. And Dale Hunter with Patrick Roy might be good/great coach/GM in junior where the team owner has complete control over his players. Doesn't necessarily work in the NHL. Hunter has shown he doesn't want an NHL position.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll