SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Who wants to fight in the comments

Apr. 14, 2019 at 9:10 p.m.
Okrepps85
Already have a couple infractions so might as well push it to the limit.

Here are some arguments
- Penguins are not trading Kessel malkin or Letang
- Crosby is still the best player on Earth
- Rutherford made (mostly) good moves
- Simon and Johnson are bad, yes, but the penguins have bigger problems
- Sullivan will not be fired
- The penguins will still be conteders next year
DonkeyLips liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 9:19 p.m.
McDavid way better than Crosby
capsin9 and PrisonBull liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 9:27 p.m.
Crosby is on the wane but his experience probably still gives him a slight edge as the all round player. McDavid is the heir apparent. Won't be long before the young pretender de-thrones the King though.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 9:28 p.m.
B
Quoting: Poehling

Lol
mhockey91 and okrepps185 liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 9:30 p.m.
100% agree with your statements. No argument here.
okrepps185 liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 9:44 p.m.
First as a Detroit fan I clicked on the link expecting to get in a fight with a Pens Fan. Much to my disappointment I agree with you.

McDavid has more skill than Crosby at this point but until he wins a Cup or two Crosby is the better player IMO.
okrepps185 liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 10:00 p.m.
Banned
Tom Wilson > Crosby
Savard96 liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 10:00 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
First as a Detroit fan I clicked on the link expecting to get in a fight with a Pens Fan. Much to my disappointment I agree with you.

McDavid has more skill than Crosby at this point but until he wins a Cup or two Crosby is the better player IMO.

McDavid's alone, Crosby have Malkin Letang Fleury ( before ), McDavid's with Draisaitl thats it.
aedoran liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 10:02 p.m.
Glep

Africa still doesn’t have water but all of your points are valid

https://media.giphy.com/media/icFILTqtzyj4Y/giphy.gif

Apr. 14, 2019 at 10:13 p.m.
1- kessel will probably be moved. we need a guzental #2 and kessel is our best trade chip to acquire one.
2- debatable between him and Mcdavid. solid arguments for both. not clear cut.
3- he made 2 really bad moves that really set this team back. the reaves trade, and the JJ signing. Gubranson trade isn't great but he's been better then I expected so I can live with it. brassard trade was good at the time he made it. we got the best 3C we had since Staal. its unfortunate he didn't fit but it happens sometimes. and he brought in some good assets to salvage the trade
4- Simon is actually a Corsi god. great defensively. hes kind of like a slower hagalin. I like him in the bottom 6.
5- sullivan prolly won't be fired. but hes been out coached two years in a row by trotz and doesn't let the players play creatively like he once did in 2016. pens are not a "physical" team yet they lead the league in hits. that's not their style.
6- if they have a good offseason they will be. Crosby/malkin/letang/murray/guzental core will always be a contender.
Poehling liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 10:58 p.m.
McDavid's alone, Crosby have Malkin Letang Fleury ( before ), McDavid's with Draisaitl thats it.

Ok Draisaitl has been there the whole time but so has RNH. But he has also had Eberle, Hall, and Maroon. There is also Klefbom And Nurse I know either of them are Letang but it isn’t like he has no one. This is year 4 he has plenty of time. This argument will probably continue Even after they both retire.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 11:02 p.m.
The only thing I may contradict from your statements is the Kessel one. Something tells me the Pens will move at least one of Hornqvist/Kessel. It will create cap space and allow them to get younger. I dont necessarily think trading either puts us in any type of rebuild. The team will still be very much competitive, but I think that slowly, they gotta start thinking ahead. Moving one of them for some younger guys could be a good move. Hard to move on from them, but it might have to be done.
okrepps185 liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 11:33 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
Ok Draisaitl has been there the whole time but so has RNH. But he has also had Eberle, Hall, and Maroon. There is also Klefbom And Nurse I know either of them are Letang but it isn’t like he has no one. This is year 4 he has plenty of time. This argument will probably continue Even after they both retire.

Every teams as good players lol Nurse & Klefbom are top4 defenseman, no #1. RNH is a good 2C, again, named a team with 2 good players & all the rest is garbage ? Take out McDavid & Draisaitl they dont win 10 games
aedoran liked this.
Apr. 15, 2019 at 1:01 p.m.
Okrepps85

What time does he play tonight?
Apr. 15, 2019 at 1:55 p.m.
Okrepps85
Quoting: mhockey91
1- kessel will probably be moved. we need a guzental #2 and kessel is our best trade chip to acquire one.
3- he made 2 really bad moves that really set this team back. the reaves trade, and the JJ signing. Gubranson trade isn't great but he's been better then I expected so I can live with it. brassard trade was good at the time he made it. we got the best 3C we had since Staal. its unfortunate he didn't fit but it happens sometimes. and he brought in some good assets to salvage the trade
4- Simon is actually a Corsi god. great defensively. hes kind of like a slower hagalin. I like him in the bottom 6.
5- sullivan prolly won't be fired. but hes been out coached two years in a row by trotz and doesn't let the players play creatively like he once did in 2016. pens are not a "physical" team yet they lead the league in hits. that's not their style.
6- if they have a good offseason they will be. Crosby/malkin/letang/murray/guzental core will always be a contender.

1- What's your sources bud. Also it's GUENTZEL
2- Ok
3- JJ signing is the only major one that hurts right now
4- Simon is an ECHL level player who looks good rarely, and advanced stats don't mean jack ****
5- OK
6- And of course but dude come on it's GUENTZEL
Apr. 15, 2019 at 5:39 p.m.
Quoting: okrepps185
1- What's your sources bud. Also it's GUENTZEL
2- Ok
3- JJ signing is the only major one that hurts right now
4- Simon is an ECHL level player who looks good rarely, and advanced stats don't mean jack ****
5- OK
6- And of course but dude come on it's GUENTZEL

1- He’s been rumoured to have been traded the last two off seasons in a row. It’s certainly possible. Idc enough about spelling lol.
3- Reaves didn’t work out for us and Lauzon was a stupid pick. klim kostin is very good and we desperately need an A level forward prospect just like him and Sundqvist has developed into a good bottom 6 forward. Since 2006, Pittsburgh has 1 first round pick drafted by Pens currently on their team... (Olli maatta-2012). Dropping out of the first round and drafting a D with very little upside was very dumb. If we took Josh Brook instead I’d be okay with it, but Lauzon will prolly never play a game in the NHL
4- lmao yes advanced stats do. I don’t mind Simon. He’s very good defensively. Just can’t finish. For the fourth line though I have zero problem with him there. He’s on an ELC so it’s not like he’s overpaid.
6- okay lol
Apr. 15, 2019 at 6:12 p.m.
Okrepps85
1- He’s been rumoured to have been traded the last two off seasons in a row. It’s certainly possible. Idc enough about spelling lol.
3- Reaves didn’t work out for us and Lauzon was a stupid pick. klim kostin is very good and we desperately need an A level forward prospect just like him and Sundqvist has developed into a good bottom 6 forward. Since 2006, Pittsburgh has 1 first round pick drafted by Pens currently on their team... (Olli maatta-2012). Dropping out of the first round and drafting a D with very little upside was very dumb. If we took Josh Brook instead I’d be okay with it, but Lauzon will prolly never play a game in the NHL
4- lmao yes advanced stats do. I don’t mind Simon. He’s very good defensively. Just can’t finish. For the fourth line though I have zero problem with him there. He’s on an ELC so it’s not like he’s overpaid.
6- okay lol

1- rumored doesn't mean jack ****
3- The penguins also have three Stanley cups since 2006.
4- Advanced stats are for nerds that overanalyze the game
GUENTZEL
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 15, 2019 at 6:27 p.m.
1- rumored doesn't mean jack ****
3- The penguins also have three Stanley cups since 2006.
4- Advanced stats are for nerds that overanalyze the game
GUENTZEL

1- it depends, I just think kessel is gone. He has a shelf life on certain teams. I’m okay with it as long as we get a good return like I said
2- I know; and as fans we are spoiled. But are you sick of winning cups? I sure as hell am not. Management and coaching need to get this team back on track as the speedy, creative, offensive team that made us so successful
4- Definitely not. They’re a great tool
Apr. 23, 2019 at 12:54 p.m.

"Wanna fight?"
"Thems fightin werds!"
- From an old Simpson's episode

- Penguins are not trading Kessel malkin or Letang - I think the Letang is the biggest possibility here. Between his constant injuries and even more constant screw ups... if someone takes that contract Rutherford will move forward with it.

- Crosby is still the best player on Earth - So says the players in a poll last month, or whenever it was.

- Rutherford made (mostly) good moves - His trades tend to be +, his signings tend to be -.

- Simon and Johnson are bad, yes, but the penguins have bigger problems - Yep.

- Sullivan will not be fired - Probably not, but he is top-5 on the "Pens Problems" list.

- The penguins will still be contenders next year - The Pens will be contenders until Crosby crashes.
okrepps185 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.

Reaves was a Lemieux mandate, so you need to point the finger at Lemieux.
They weren't going to pick Kostin, they were going to pick Lauzon. If that is a fail it falls to the scouts giving poor information. Drafts are full of 1st round failures and 7th round successes (to a lesser extent). Looking back makes it easy.
Sullivan wasn't playing Sundqvist.
Considering those last two points, Rutherford got Reaves (Lemieux) for a guy that Sullivan had no interest in. ie: basically free.
Sundqvist STUNK last year in StL, but was good this year. What will next year bring?

The Pens only have the one home grown 1st round D on the roster, but the do have three 1st rounders on D. (Including Johnson, just to show how unimportant of a topic this is) On the roster are eight 1st rounders, and six 2nd rounders. And those does NOT include: Guentzel 3rd, Hornqvist 7th, Letang 3rd, Murray 3rd, or Rust 3rd. Five players on the roster were taken top-5.
okrepps185 and DonkeyLips liked this.
Apr. 23, 2019 at 8:38 p.m.
JimmyPaek

Here are some arguments
- Penguins are not trading Kessel malkin or Letang
- Crosby is still the best player on Earth
- Rutherford made (mostly) good moves
- Simon and Johnson are bad, yes, but the penguins have bigger problems
- Sullivan will not be fired
- The penguins will still be conteders next year

I ageee with everything except number one. Malkin is definitely staying out and Letang most likely is but Kessel has to go
Apr. 23, 2019 at 8:42 p.m.
JimmyPaek
Quoting: capsin9
Tom Wilson > Crosby

Erik Gudbransson > Tom Wilson
Apr. 23, 2019 at 9:13 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: edeangel84
Erik Gudbransson > Tom Wilson

Gudbransson > Crosby

He had more playoffs points this year hahaha
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Jun. 4, 2019 at 11:09 p.m.

I don't think you watch hockey.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 12:13 a.m.
Quoting: DonkeyLips
I don't think you watch hockey.

Who tf are you??? You’re clueless bud

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll