SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Who wants to fight in the comments

Jun. 5, 2019 at 10:28 a.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
Who tf are you??? You’re clueless bud

I'm being serious. After reading a lot of your posts it has become very obvious that you do not watch much hockey. You probably play a lot of video games and fantasy hockey, follow and read advanced stats blogs, but don't actually watch any hockey. And if you do watch actual games you have no clue what you are seeing.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.
Quoting: DonkeyLips
I'm being serious. After reading a lot of your posts it has become very obvious that you do not watch much hockey. You probably play a lot of video games and fantasy hockey, follow and read advanced stats blogs, but don't actually watch any hockey. And if you do watch actual games you have no clue what you are seeing.

You’re clueles lmao. I probably played a higher level of hockey than you. Go back to being a keyboard warrior in your parents basement
Jun. 5, 2019 at 11:21 a.m.
You’re clueles lmao. I probably played a higher level of hockey than you. Go back to being a keyboard warrior in your parents basement

Playing hockey has nothing to do with any of this. Just because you played the game doesn't make you knowledgeable about anything. That comment just further proves my point that you really don't know what you are talking about.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 11:47 a.m.
Playing hockey has nothing to do with any of this. Just because you played the game doesn't make you knowledgeable about anything. That comment just further proves my point that you really don't know what you are talking about.

My analysis on Pittsburgh was very good. You didn’t make a knowledgeable comment. You just said I’m dumb or whatever. People like you aren’t welcome on this site
Jun. 5, 2019 at 12:24 p.m.
My analysis on Pittsburgh was very good. You didn’t make a knowledgeable comment. You just said I’m dumb or whatever. People like you aren’t welcome on this site

I'm sorry. My parents basement, where you said I lived, is very damp and moldy. It causes me to read things incorrectly. Also my keyboard sticks, so sometimes I make typos.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 11:50 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: okrepps185
Already have a couple infractions so might as well push it to the limit.

Here are some arguments
- Penguins are not trading Kessel malkin or Letang
- Crosby is still the best player on Earth
- Rutherford made (mostly) good moves
- Simon and Johnson are bad, yes, but the penguins have bigger problems
- Sullivan will not be fired
- The penguins will still be conteders next year

rolling eyes
PrisonBull liked this.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 11:51 a.m.
gregb569
Quoting: Poehling
McDavid's alone, Crosby have Malkin Letang Fleury ( before ), McDavid's with Draisaitl thats it.

"McDavid's with Draisaitl thats it." OOF
Aug. 2, 2019 at 9:12 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
I have wanted to ask this question for a very long time:

Why is Conor Sheary hated so much amongst Penguins fans?

@mhockey91 @dgfresh78 @pharrow @AFOX10900 @Yojimbo @DonkeyLips @PenGoater99 @okrepps185 @gregb569

Anyone else with knowledge on this, you are all welcomed to share!
Aug. 2, 2019 at 9:13 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: gregb569
"McDavid's with Draisaitl thats it." OOF

To be fair, Malkin at his peak was better than Draisaitl.
mhockey91 liked this.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 9:19 a.m.
@BrandonDubinskyGOAT Sheary lost his luster towards the end because Rust proved to be a better winger for Crosby and Guentzel and without Crosby he looked very lost. Most of the time during that ‘18 3-peat bid he was buried on the 3rd and 4th lines and couldn’t get anything going.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 9:23 a.m.
gregb569
Quoting: BrandonDubinskyGOAT
To be fair, Malkin at his peak was better than Draisaitl.

Not even debatable... RN tho Drai > Malkin
Aug. 2, 2019 at 11:07 a.m.
I think that Crosby is the best all around player in the NHL and by advanced stats shoulda won Hart over Kucherov. I think that McDavid could be next best if his Dfensive game improves a little bit
Aug. 2, 2019 at 11:28 a.m.

@mhockey91 @dgfresh78 @pharrow @AFOX10900 @Yojimbo @DonkeyLips @PenGoater99 @okrepps185 @gregb569

Hate is a strong word that gets used too much in hockey. You hate the Flyers. You don't hate Sheary.

Sheary's $-vs-output took a dive. Outside of points he didn't add much else. So get him out.
dgfresh78 and DonkeyLips liked this.
Aug. 2, 2019 at 11:56 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: dgfresh78
@BrandonDubinskyGOAT Sheary lost his luster towards the end because Rust proved to be a better winger for Crosby and Guentzel and without Crosby he looked very lost. Most of the time during that ‘18 3-peat bid he was buried on the 3rd and 4th lines and couldn’t get anything going.

Quoting: Yojimbo
Hate is a strong word that gets used too much in hockey. You hate the Flyers. You don't hate Sheary. Sheary's $-vs-output took a dive. Outside of points he didn't add much else. So get him out.

Thank you for replying. I think it’s true that Sheary lacked versatility and physical presence plus he fumbled on too many chances, but I just don’t understand why I always see Penguins fans bashing him on Twitter and YouTube. Even now, there are still comments about how the only thing he does is slip and fall when he steps on the ice and how he’s Sully’s favourite cuz he married Sully’s niece. I honestly think the expectations were too high after his breakout 2016-17 season. We thought he would be a point per game player but he was actually just a third line role player who can score 15-20 goals a season as well as provide some solid forechecking and possession driving attributes. At least that’s what I saw from him last season. For 3 million dollars, I don’t think it’s that bad.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 12:48 p.m.

Because he makes Donald Trump look like Wayne Brady.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 12:52 p.m.
Edited Aug. 3, 2019 at 1:09 p.m.
Thank you for replying. I think it’s true that Sheary lacked versatility and physical presence plus he fumbled on too many chances, but I just don’t understand why I always see Penguins fans bashing him on Twitter and YouTube. Even now, there are still comments about how the only thing he does is slip and fall when he steps on the ice and how he’s Sully’s favourite cuz he married Sully’s niece. I honestly think the expectations were too high after his breakout 2016-17 season. We thought he would be a point per game player but he was actually just a third line role player who can score 15-20 goals a season as well as provide some solid forechecking and possession driving attributes. At least that’s what I saw from him last season. For 3 million dollars, I don’t think it’s that bad.

Penguin fans are some of the most uninformed people when it comes to hockey fans. They have had arguably the best player in the world since 1984. Because of this it has altered their perception on what good and bad is. They are spoiled brats who don't realize or appreciate how good they have it.
Aug. 3, 2019 at 1:02 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Penguin fans are some of the most informed people when it comes to hockey fans. They have had arguably the best player in the world since 1984. Because of this it has altered their perception on what good and bad is. They are spoiled brats who don't realize or appreciate how good they have it.

Finally someone said it, thank you very much sir. Do you think Sheary is overrated?
Aug. 3, 2019 at 1:09 p.m.
Finally someone said it, thank you very much sir. Do you think Sheary is overrated?

I don't think overrated would be the right word just because not to many people claim he is better than what he is. He has the potential to score 20 goals a year which as the league continues to go in the direction it is, is a much needed commodity. He doesn't do much else though. I thought 3 million a year for 20 goals was fine. Not everyone on a team has to do everything. Some players make that much money with much less point production but contribute in other ways.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll