SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

POLL Who should the Hawk draft

Who should the Hawks Draft
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 17, 2019 at 1:00 a.m.
Quoting: NickC1988
Fair, draft Byram and move some D prospects around, but it still just seems unlikely.

Sorry was editing when you responded.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 1:00 a.m.
Chicago
Quoting: ChiHawk
Large in part because D men develop much later so they are harder to judge. That said, that is also why the failure rate on D men is much higher. Look at some of the guys the Hawks are dealing with now....lots of fringe players. Byram is a known entity which is hard to find in any draft at such a young age.

Also, Podkolzin probably doesn't even make the team next season anyways. There's not much room for him and the hawks are going to spend money on free agents. Playing his two years in Russia wouldn't be the worst thing.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 7:44 a.m.
exo2769
Edited Apr. 17, 2019 at 11:32 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Here's the problem Nick; he might not want to leave Russia. I had a good friend who played in Russia 15 years ago and a couple top guys on the team had offers to play in the NHL but they stayed in Russia where they made more money and were treated like rockstars.. Russian players are risky, not all of them want to play in the NHL.

LA won't trade they are rebuilding. Colorado might as they also have 2 1st rounders. If the Hawks had the #3 and #4, it would be well worth Jokiharju, 2020 1st and someone like Kahun but doubt that does it.

I don't want to trade Joki. He's the biggest and probably most defensively responsible Dman out of the big 5 prospects D prospects in their system. I get his draft position might not be the highest, but let's say hypothetically...the Hawks do draft Bowen Byram...Joki's perfect to play opposite him for the long term. Lot's of options for Stan and he's been pretty good at the draft over the past few years. I hope that doesn't jinx it though.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 6, 2019 at 8:49 p.m.
bigmikewall
Hawks draft Byram and move Gustafsson. BOOK IT!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit