SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

STAMKOS a minus EIGHT for 4 game sweep wow

Apr. 16, 2019 at 11:39 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: pharrow
my honest opinion is that Headman owed it to CBJ to step his self back on the ice after is really bad trash talking. He hid from them getting destroyed in the series.

Stamkos is fine. I never thought he was a top 5 center or anything, so I can't see how you can knock his play. It's been what it always has. Hell he showed signs of life in the final game, more than a lot of other players did. The problem TB has is there are so many small players in the top lines that they just get beat up and pushed around all over the ice. If it wasn't going to be CBJ it would have been Washington or Carolina doing the same thing to them.

the real difference comes in weight
CBJ's big guys are all more lean and about 15 pounds less then there TBL counterparts
CBJ's small guys are all about 10-15 pounds more then there TBL counterparts .

Small guys are built tougher in CBJ
Big guys are built to be faster with more stamina .
Apr. 16, 2019 at 11:41 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Billy739
putting CBJ and TBL rosters side by side sorted by size its almost identical .

TBL has 4 players 1 inch smaller then CBJ but TBL has 2 players that are 3 inches bigger then CBJ's biggest men .
given Point and Kucherov are among those small 4 players just under 6 foot i'd be stoked to give up an inch for that level of talent .

Yeah here is the problem with that "analysis"

Your largest player in Headman is contact Adverse as is Stamkos, etc.
But Columbus players like Anderson, Jones, Foligno, Dubinski, Jenner, PLD, Savard, should I go on? They don't mind putting your players through the glass. Which is why they won.
Apr. 16, 2019 at 11:57 p.m.
ChiHawks34
Some guys just can’t get the job done. Time and time again the lightning has been close but just can’t win the cup. Now with the cap closing in on this team, it doesn’t look good at all
BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 12:00 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Relax, guys. In 1978-79 the Islanders were clearly a team on the rise and had playoff success in earlier years (once coming from down 0-3 to win a series, and another year having an epic battle against the cross-town Rangers). That year the Isles finished first in the League. In those days, the playoff pairings were by pure seed so the Islanders got the #16 team -- the Toronto Maple Leafs. Shockingly, New York lost the seventh game in overtime on a Darryl Sittler shot coming down the left wing from above the circle on which Billy Smith fanned. So? The Islanders won the next 19 Stanley Cup series they played. Stay with it.
Billy739 liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 11:55 a.m.
This was just disgraceful and a disappointment on many levels. There's no other way to put it.
BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 12:04 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
Great summary .. what is missing is what needs to be done .. and nothing .. status quo .. we will learn from this etc.. all the loser BS .. is not the answer .. rumors in town on sports talk is Cooper on ropes.. working on buyout
Apr. 29, 2019 at 12:18 p.m.
Quoting: BOLTLOVER1
WHY on earth is anyone defending a historic failure.. all time historic in NHL and 2nd worse in ALL SPORTS per ESPN .. Stamkos is a 5 on 5 liability. Cirelli a stud played 1st line center with Point .. Stamkos is a 3rd liner now.. trade for 2 #1s now before it is too late

Clearly dealing with some type of injury...I agree that hes lost his touch but cmon, 3rd liner???? are you insane???? I think they have to play him alot more with Kuch to get the most out of all of them. I like Cirelli but hes still not stamkos...
Jul. 3, 2019 at 11:14 p.m.
Quoting: BOLTLOVER1
WHY on earth is anyone defending a historic failure.. all time historic in NHL and 2nd worse in ALL SPORTS per ESPN .. Stamkos is a 5 on 5 liability. Cirelli a stud played 1st line center with Point .. Stamkos is a 3rd liner now.. trade for 2 #1s now before it is too late

I'm just glad Kings got Drew Doughty instead of this scrub... Sorta like Rangers lucked out having Kakko drop instead of busting on Hughes wink...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll