2$2,000,000
1$970,000
2$2,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$900,000
1$700,000
1$970,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Armia, Joel$2,500,000
2020 2nd round pick
Trades
WPG
  1. Fleury, Haydn [RFA Rights]
WPG
  1. Ristolainen, Rasmus
  2. 2019 1st round pick (SJS)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,000,000$81,320,001$0$272,500$1,679,999
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
UFA - 5
$9,250,000$9,250,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
LW
UFA - 7
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,916,667$2,916,667
C
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$741,667$741,667
RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,150,000$3,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 5
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$60,000$60K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$970,000$970,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$970,000$970,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, C, LW
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 17, 2019 at 10:17 p.m.
What in tarnation
Why don't just re-sign Brossoit. He's been pretty good.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 10:21 p.m.
Math and Sports
Quoting: BurgerBoss
Why don't just re-sign Brossoit. He's been pretty good.

He has, but his sample size has also been pretty small, and he was not good in Edmonton (but it's Edmonton). Considering how good he's been in that small sample size, and that he's probably going to regress his trade value is probably better than his actual value. I'm a big believer in always selling high.
justaBoss liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 10:44 p.m.
Math and Sports
Just putting my spin on @arafay 's idea.
arafay liked this.
Apr. 18, 2019 at 11:07 a.m.
Quoting: TheCelt
Just putting my spin on @arafay 's idea.

I like the idea of bringing Armia back but not for the price of a 2nd. just bring Tanev back.

Also Comrie is not Waiver exempt next year so either him or Brossiot are traded (I kept comrie because he has more upside)

I also do not think Brossiot will regress (unless traded to a defensively porous team). If anything he might even get better. He is growing a style that will do him well.
Apr. 18, 2019 at 2:55 p.m.
Math and Sports
Quoting: arafay
I like the idea of bringing Armia back but not for the price of a 2nd. just bring Tanev back.

Also Comrie is not Waiver exempt next year so either him or Brossiot are traded (I kept comrie because he has more upside)

I also do not think Brossiot will regress (unless traded to a defensively porous team). If anything he might even get better. He is growing a style that will do him well.

I think anytime you go from being a top 10 goalie in per game stats for the majority of the season straight out of the blue, you should expect regression. That's not a knock on Brossoit, that's just the trend that most goalies that aren't franchise talents have shown.

As for Tanev, he is good with Lowry in the bottom 6, but it ties Lowry down to a 4th line shutdown centre. Last year Lowry was 6th on the team in scoring per ice time. Think about all the offense the Jets had on that team and Lowry was outproducing most of everyone. Now he regressed this year, but I'm at least intrigued to see what Lowry could do with some skilled line-mates. Producing on a level, similar to Little, isn't terribly unrealistic. Armia, Copp, Appleton, Roslovic, and Little have all shown that they are flexible through the lineup and can play with different linemates and not drop off too much. (Except for Laine and Little.) Getting rid of Tanev makes the bottom six much, much more flexible and an extra .5K for Armia is completely worth it imo.

I am pretty ambivalent about trading a 2nd for Army. As of this moment we have one of the youngest rosters in the NHL. We have a stud defensive prospect in Samberg who is allegedly signing with us this summer, and the 1st round pick from the Sharks to pick up a RHD or another center. The only thing I'd actually use the 2nd for if we didn't use to get a player like Armia, is to trade up higher in the draft if possible.
arafay liked this.
Apr. 18, 2019 at 4:18 p.m.
I think anytime you go from being a top 10 goalie in per game stats for the majority of the season straight out of the blue, you should expect regression. That's not a knock on Brossoit, that's just the trend that most goalies that aren't franchise talents have shown.

As for Tanev, he is good with Lowry in the bottom 6, but it ties Lowry down to a 4th line shutdown centre. Last year Lowry was 6th on the team in scoring per ice time. Think about all the offense the Jets had on that team and Lowry was outproducing most of everyone. Now he regressed this year, but I'm at least intrigued to see what Lowry could do with some skilled line-mates. Producing on a level, similar to Little, isn't terribly unrealistic. Armia, Copp, Appleton, Roslovic, and Little have all shown that they are flexible through the lineup and can play with different linemates and not drop off too much. (Except for Laine and Little.) Getting rid of Tanev makes the bottom six much, much more flexible and an extra .5K for Armia is completely worth it imo.

I am pretty ambivalent about trading a 2nd for Army. As of this moment we have one of the youngest rosters in the NHL. We have a stud defensive prospect in Samberg who is allegedly signing with us this summer, and the 1st round pick from the Sharks to pick up a RHD or another center. The only thing I'd actually use the 2nd for if we didn't use to get a player like Armia, is to trade up higher in the draft if possible.

I was more talking regression in play not stats.
The though about Tanev makes sense but he is one of the only jets who put their stick down and drive to the net, which is very valuable for a center like Lowry who relies on that.

The issue I have with trading the 2nd is that 2020 is said to be a deep draft. Trading our 2nd will almost guarantee that we will have to trade our 1st if we were to make a rental, and that is something I do not think the jets should do in the 2020 draft

Honestly I like having discussions with you. You lay everything out unlike others who just state something that leaves you wondering
TheCelt liked this.
Apr. 19, 2019 at 10:51 a.m.
BiscuitBakesHotTaeks
Taking on perrault, paying Trouba AND giving a 1? No thanks friend.
Apr. 19, 2019 at 8:42 p.m.
Math and Sports

Honestly I like having discussions with you. You lay everything out unlike others who just state something that leaves you wondering

Agreed, friendo
arafay liked this.
Apr. 19, 2019 at 10:58 p.m.
Quoting: BiscuitBakesandHotTaeks
Taking on perrault, paying Trouba AND giving a 1? No thanks friend.

Perreault is not a cap dump. He is one of the best corsi players in the league and would be very good next to Middlestadt or Thompson. He can play either wing and plays with skill while also keeping the game simple. Coaches like that. I would love to keep him but the jets just don't have the money. He is the type of player that teams with cap space should be jumping all over

Anyways if you are getting a defensively responsible and offensively productive #1 D, you are going to have to pay him, or someone else will.

I think @TheCelt would approve
Apr. 20, 2019 at 8:51 a.m.
BiscuitBakesHotTaeks
Perreault is not a cap dump. He is one of the best corsi players in the league and would be very good next to Middlestadt or Thompson. He can play either wing and plays with skill while also keeping the game simple. Coaches like that. I would love to keep him but the jets just don't have the money. He is the type of player that teams with cap space should be jumping all over

Anyways if you are getting a defensively responsible and offensively productive #1 D, you are going to have to pay him, or someone else will.

I think @TheCelt would approve

He kind of is. Offensive production isn’t there to justify 4M per year. That being said he could be useful. Throw a 2nd and a later pick (5+) back BUF way and I would say deal
Apr. 20, 2019 at 11:44 a.m.
Math and Sports
He kind of is. Offensive production isn’t there to justify 4M per year. That being said he could be useful. Throw a 2nd and a later pick (5+) back BUF way and I would say deal

Offensive production is only one ingredient of what makes a good hockey player. As long as you're scoring more than you're conceding on the ice, and have the mathematical backing to show that it's very likely not 'luck', and the math predicts a rate similar of goal differential similar to other 4million dollar players, Perreault is worthwhile. Hockey is just a series of battles over the course of an hour of game time, and the data says Perreault has consistently been a dominant player in the NHL at winning those battles. The only knock against Perreault is his frame is not ideal.

If Botterill saw Perreault as negative value than the easy fix is to take Perrault out of the trade. Someone will be willing to pay a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick for him somewhere. I just would not do that if I were Buffalo.

On the flip side if this is because Buffalo is against the cap (I don't really follow Buffalo), the Jets could always take someone like Sheary but that would probably up the price minimally since Sheary really does have pretty much zero to negative value.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 12:43 p.m.
BiscuitBakesHotTaeks
Offensive production is only one ingredient of what makes a good hockey player. As long as you're scoring more than you're conceding on the ice, and have the mathematical backing to show that it's very likely not 'luck', and the math predicts a rate similar of goal differential similar to other 4million dollar players, Perreault is worthwhile. Hockey is just a series of battles over the course of an hour of game time, and the data says Perreault has consistently been a dominant player in the NHL at winning those battles. The only knock against Perreault is his frame is not ideal.

If Botterill saw Perreault as negative value than the easy fix is to take Perrault out of the trade. Someone will be willing to pay a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick for him somewhere. I just would not do that if I were Buffalo.

On the flip side if this is because Buffalo is against the cap (I don't really follow Buffalo), the Jets could always take someone like Sheary but that would probably up the price minimally since Sheary really does have pretty much zero to negative value.

See here’s the thing. MP used to be an analytic powerhouse but he took a pretty significant step back in most offensive xG stats (evolving-wild) and stayed about the same in d xG. Now that he is on the other side of 30 and 2 years left at 4M? Yeah I’ll take 1 year of Conor Sheary over that.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 12:50 p.m.
Math and Sports
See here’s the thing. MP used to be an analytic powerhouse but he took a pretty significant step back in most offensive xG stats (evolving-wild) and stayed about the same in d xG. Now that he is on the other side of 30 and 2 years left at 4M? Yeah I’ll take 1 year of Conor Sheary over that.

I'm going by the last two years. You can slump one year and make a comeback. It happens all the time. You count 2017-2019, Perrault has a relCF% of 5.09 and a relxGF% of 0.19 per naturalstattrick. So the average of his usual form and a slump season for Perreault is still heads above the average NHL player.

I'm vaguely familiar with evolving wild's work, and I got to say their derivation for xGF% seems to be sketchy as hell. These are the guys that said Connor McDavid was one of he worst defensive players in the NHL.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 2:45 p.m.

Offensive production is not everything and all gm’s know he was playing on a checking line all year. Other years he has a 60pt pace. A checking line is no place for a skilled player

People might say its regression but it is not.playing him on a skilled line would drastically improve is numbers

Why do you think Tanev has 30 pts this season. Because of perreault. He adds that offensive capability to that line that Tanev does not have.

He is not a cap dump
Apr. 20, 2019 at 3:04 p.m.
BiscuitBakesHotTaeks
Offensive production is not everything and all gm’s know he was playing on a checking line all year. Other years he has a 60pt pace. A checking line is no place for a skilled player

People might say its regression but it is not.playing him on a skilled line would drastically improve is numbers

Why do you think Tanev has 30 pts this season. Because of perreault. He adds that offensive capability to that line that Tanev does not have.

He is not a cap dump

As I’ve said before: it’s not just production, it’s offensive xG as well on top of being on the wrong side of 30. There are bigger cap dumps for sure, but he’s a cap dump.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 3:06 p.m.
As I’ve said before: it’s not just production, it’s offensive xG as well on top of being on the wrong side of 30. There are bigger cap dumps for sure, but he’s a cap dump.

Would you classify boedker as a cap dump?
Apr. 20, 2019 at 3:07 p.m.
BiscuitBakesHotTaeks
Would you classify boedker as a cap dump?

Absolutely. Like not a question.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 3:21 p.m.
Absolutely. Like not a question.

Shot for some reason I though he had 40 pts. Nm he is a cap dump lol

Do you classify Tyler toffoli or Tyler bozak as cap dumps
Apr. 20, 2019 at 3:29 p.m.
BiscuitBakesHotTaeks
Shot for some reason I though he had 40 pts. Nm he is a cap dump lol

Do you classify Tyler toffoli or Tyler bozak as cap dumps

Bozak yes, no desire for his age and contract.
Toffoli not really bc he’s still 26. Much less risk of a continued tumble down the age curve.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.
Bozak yes, no desire for his age and contract.
Toffoli not really bc he’s still 26. Much less risk of a continued tumble down the age curve.

If you think bozak is a cap dump we’re done here
Apr. 20, 2019 at 6:49 p.m.
BiscuitBakesHotTaeks
If you think bozak is a cap dump we’re done here

Lol thank you.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll