SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Shorten the bench

Apr. 18, 2019 at 5:52 p.m.
So i'm not saying for the whole game but when the bruins can't get players off due to Icings or we need a big spark. Matthews is playing well but Kapanen is not a playmaker. Putting Matthews with Marner and Tavares forces BOS into uncomfortable pairings on d to compensate. Doing this will jack up everyones ice time but they are being paid to be Franchise players and asking them to carry this team to the next round should be in their wheelhouse.
Apr. 18, 2019 at 8:29 p.m.
I would rather have seen W.A.M line
Apr. 18, 2019 at 9:06 p.m.
Quoting: PJoseph13
I would rather have seen W.A.M line

My thinking is that not only would that top line possibly dominate but the 2nd line would complement eachother as well. But like i said this isn't every shift but part of the leafs issue to me is that Boston knows who is comming out every shift and they are making it easier than it should to defend. By putting Matthews on with Tavares who loves to crash the net, Marner who has elite vision it allows more lanes to open for him which with that release will make it lethal. Hyman is playing well but he's a net crasher as well and due to that leafs have right now have 2 crashers and a playmaker on a line, 2 snipers and a crasher on another and a playmaker with 2 checkers.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll