SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Statements must be made

Apr. 19, 2019 at 11:26 p.m.
Username_Bot
Honestly, I don't care about winning this series anymore. Doesn't seem like we will so who cares anyways. Now to this point, statements must be made. The first line has been looking line a 3rd line at best and honestly, they don't feel like they need to compete to get ice time. That is the biggest problem on the team, where everyone thinks they don't need to compete for ice time and the only bright spots are those who compete. These are Krejci (for first line), Coyle (for second line), Backes (to not be scratched), Rask (to not be taken by Halak) and really no one else. This is how my thinking went into place.

First line: Krejci has deserved this. He has been the only Bruin to really put up a fight and that is why he is on that first line. DeBrusk playing his physical game at the finest right now should also get up there as he provides goal scoring and offense that replaces Brad Marchand and also puts up physicality. Carey has been the MVP of the P-Bruins this entire season. Last call up, he was amazing and showed that he could play really well, an absolutely phenomenal performance from him. This is the time for him to prove himself to be a better player than the roaster players right now. It is his time to prove he should be on the NHL squad next year. Pressure on him will force him to play better and will propel him into playing his absolute best, something we are lacking on this team as of now.

2nd line: 3rd line as of today has been probably the best line on the Bruins team. I don't want to give them a 1st line role as this is a bit too much but now this line could prove themselves to be better and play at a higher level and fight for a spot on the roaster. Backes looking for a roaster spot, Coyle wanting 2nd line ice time and Johansson is on a contract year. These propel this line to play their absolute best or else, its less/no game time for them.

3rd line: I cannot take Bergeron off as he is probably the biggest impact on the team as of now. Cehlarik is brought up to the NHL squad as he is now pushed to have a chance to get a roaster spot. Same sort of pressure on him. Szwarz has the same role as Cehlarik, especially playing with someone who is a star in the NHL.

Line 4: no changes except Nordstrom is finally gone... Finally...

Not much change to D except Grizz out and Kampfer in as Grizz has been horrible all series long. Get a veteran presence in the room who is also fighting for a spot.

This provides a grittier lineup and a scratch pool where they now feel like their spots are being taken. I don't except to win with this lineup but this lineup is to symbolize to the super stars on this team that they are replaceable. This is the problem we lacked all series and now we start over next year.
Apr. 19, 2019 at 11:35 p.m.
This idea is poop.
Apr. 19, 2019 at 11:36 p.m.
Leafs fans would pray for this line up
Apr. 19, 2019 at 11:40 p.m.
I hope the Bruins coaching staff agrees with you
Apr. 19, 2019 at 11:41 p.m.
Paul Carey is an AHL stud, but he's not an NHL player. He's maybe the worst player to suit up for Ottawa this season. Don't know what it is, but his skillset does not translate at all.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 12:04 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Paul Carey is an AHL stud, but he's not an NHL player. He's maybe the worst player to suit up for Ottawa this season. Don't know what it is, but his skillset does not translate at all.

Yeah right. He played fantastically for the Bruins. Probably because how bad Ottawa is and playing on their 4th line makes his talent decay.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 12:05 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: BlueSeeker
This idea is poop.

No its not. Either you try to win or you make a statement. I don't see us winning so you make that statement
Apr. 20, 2019 at 12:05 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: beavereater
Leafs fans would pray for this line up

Look, we lost this series and there is no need to try. Get this statement out fast and than beat them the next season
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 12:14 a.m.
Dude, relax
Apr. 20, 2019 at 2:01 a.m.
Quoting: Username_Bot
Yeah right. He played fantastically for the Bruins. Probably because how bad Ottawa is and playing on their 4th line makes his talent decay.

It's a cop out to say its Ottawa's fault. Sens had plenty of AHL call ups this year who looked like they belonged. Carey didn't.

Maybe he's been better since coming to Boston, but he was not good in Ottawa.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 10:38 a.m.
Username_Bot
Edited Apr. 20, 2019 at 11:47 a.m. by Banks
Quoting: Bcarlo25
I read the first two sentences. Dude.

As if we will be able to come back. Look, I want to win, but getting the right attitude to the right people are more important. I know we all want to win, but the point is if this continues, its going to become worse. Our first line has just shown to be arrogant and completely unable to adopt as they have no heart to fight. They get their ice tie anyways. Only player aside from that is Bergeron, no one else. And if this continues, this will only become the Tampa Bay Lightning V2.0. Not putting up a fight, not going hard in corners, not pushing themselves physically or mentally and honestly that is the biggest reason for Tampa's defeat. I don't want to see us falling into the same trap. I'd rather sacrifice a year to have players pushing themselves knowing that they must play better. I want them to win, of course I do, I am a die heart Bruins fan but what I need to see is them pushing themselves. The only time I saw this the entire series was in Game 4, and than back to garbage. I want to win but as I said, we must sacrifice for the future. I doubt this happens so if the Bruins win G6 in Toronto with all the efforts they have and than go onto a G7 with that same attitude, I will have nothing to complain about, but you must throw yourself in the game. Today (or yesterday i assume for you), the Bruins didn't seem like they wanted to play at all, 0 effort. None. Like None. They sat there, not going hard, not playing their game. Either win this series or make that statement and either way, Im fine with it. Of course I prefer to win, but... Beating Toronto away is hard, especially with all the injuries...
Apr. 20, 2019 at 10:39 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
It's a cop out to say its Ottawa's fault. Sens had plenty of AHL call ups this year who looked like they belonged. Carey didn't.

Maybe he's been better since coming to Boston, but he was not good in Ottawa.

Good, than he does well here in Boston. Plus hes a Boston hometown and wants to play in Boston.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 10:39 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: shmoeman
Dude, relax

I am relaxed sir, I just need to see some more motivation and hard work from this team
Apr. 20, 2019 at 12:03 p.m.
Bcarlo25
As if we will be able to come back. Look, I want to win, but getting the right attitude to the right people are more important. I know we all want to win, but the point is if this continues, its going to become worse. Our first line has just shown to be arrogant and completely unable to adopt as they have no heart to fight. They get their ice tie anyways. Only player aside from that is Bergeron, no one else. And if this continues, this will only become the Tampa Bay Lightning V2.0. Not putting up a fight, not going hard in corners, not pushing themselves physically or mentally and honestly that is the biggest reason for Tampa's defeat. I don't want to see us falling into the same trap. I'd rather sacrifice a year to have players pushing themselves knowing that they must play better. I want them to win, of course I do, I am a die heart Bruins fan but what I need to see is them pushing themselves. The only time I saw this the entire series was in Game 4, and than back to garbage. I want to win but as I said, we must sacrifice for the future. I doubt this happens so if the Bruins win G6 in Toronto with all the efforts they have and than go onto a G7 with that same attitude, I will have nothing to complain about, but you must throw yourself in the game. Today (or yesterday i assume for you), the Bruins didn't seem like they wanted to play at all, 0 effort. None. Like None. They sat there, not going hard, not playing their game. Either win this series or make that statement and either way, Im fine with it. Of course I prefer to win, but... Beating Toronto away is hard, especially with all the injuries...

No. Just to be clear, no, you don’t want them to win. You said as much. They went down 3-2 in a series and you turned into a sniveling joke. I assume it was the same when they were down 0-2 to Montreal and Vancouver. I’m sure it was definitely the case when they were down 4-1 in game 7. You’re a fair weather loser. You’re not a bruins fan, and to claim your a die hard is a joke.

Your best play here is to start a new account. Everyone will remember this. Your team that was basically the second best team in hockey this year fell down 3-2, and you quit. You threw in the white towel. You said you wanted them to lose.

You’re not a bruins fan, you’re a little cowardly pigeon
KennyBoi liked this.
Apr. 21, 2019 at 1:58 a.m.
Username_Bot
No. Just to be clear, no, you don’t want them to win. You said as much. They went down 3-2 in a series and you turned into a sniveling joke. I assume it was the same when they were down 0-2 to Montreal and Vancouver. I’m sure it was definitely the case when they were down 4-1 in game 7. You’re a fair weather loser. You’re not a bruins fan, and to claim your a die hard is a joke.

Your best play here is to start a new account. Everyone will remember this. Your team that was basically the second best team in hockey this year fell down 3-2, and you quit. You threw in the white towel. You said you wanted them to lose.

You’re not a bruins fan, you’re a little cowardly pigeon

oh really kid. So lets say they lose in 6 and than carry that same @#$%ed up attitude right into next year and the same result will happen. Oh, so we allow the first line to be arrogant as hell and they feel like they won't be replaced? Or are they going to carry that same attitude into Game 6? And is that going to help us win game 6? An arrogant first line that doesn't push themselves to their best at the time where they are most needed. Yeah, 2nd best hockey team down 3-2 and I give up? I never gave up, but what is I am proposing here is to give players who are going to try their best in the lineup than those who are relying on talent. Playoffs aint about talent, its about pushing yourself, and your former statements are considerably the same here. So let that first line do whatever they want like the Lightning? Oh wait, they went out in 4. Yeah sure we can win this game without the first line and more likely as well. So what is your suggestion? Let the first line go in and give them all the ice time they want and they don't push themselves or under my condition. Honestly, if I say this lineup will win, that is pretty ironic to most who don't have a mind, but this is the lineup we need if we are to win against the leafs or if we want to be a hockey team in the future. If I am not a Bruins fan, you are not either, allowing the team to be ran by 3 players and arrogantly criticizing facts in front of your eyes because you are too blind to see them. What sort of fan are you if the only thing you know is criticizing. Look, if you only believe, than you aren't a true fan either if you don't see the mistakes in your team. If I am a cowardly pigeon, you are no better. I have never said I wish them losing, but instead change up this combinations of lines. Its pretty ironic how you suggestively added slippery slopes into your ad hominem and nonconstructive assumption that I guess you never understand this sentence anyways. Pretty sure you do not define what a die hard fan is nor a cowardly pigeon. You are not god, and so allow my @#$%ing opinion to be heard as the same as yours.
Apr. 24, 2019 at 6:39 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Honestly, I don't care about winning this series anymore. Doesn't seem like we will so who cares anyways. Now to this point, statements must be made. The first line has been looking line a 3rd line at best and honestly, they don't feel like they need to compete to get ice time. That is the biggest problem on the team, where everyone thinks they don't need to compete for ice time and the only bright spots are those who compete. These are Krejci (for first line), Coyle (for second line), Backes (to not be scratched), Rask (to not be taken by Halak) and really no one else. This is how my thinking went into place.

First line: Krejci has deserved this. He has been the only Bruin to really put up a fight and that is why he is on that first line. DeBrusk playing his physical game at the finest right now should also get up there as he provides goal scoring and offense that replaces Brad Marchand and also puts up physicality. Carey has been the MVP of the P-Bruins this entire season. Last call up, he was amazing and showed that he could play really well, an absolutely phenomenal performance from him. This is the time for him to prove himself to be a better player than the roaster players right now. It is his time to prove he should be on the NHL squad next year. Pressure on him will force him to play better and will propel him into playing his absolute best, something we are lacking on this team as of now.

2nd line: 3rd line as of today has been probably the best line on the Bruins team. I don't want to give them a 1st line role as this is a bit too much but now this line could prove themselves to be better and play at a higher level and fight for a spot on the roaster. Backes looking for a roaster spot, Coyle wanting 2nd line ice time and Johansson is on a contract year. These propel this line to play their absolute best or else, its less/no game time for them.

3rd line: I cannot take Bergeron off as he is probably the biggest impact on the team as of now. Cehlarik is brought up to the NHL squad as he is now pushed to have a chance to get a roaster spot. Same sort of pressure on him. Szwarz has the same role as Cehlarik, especially playing with someone who is a star in the NHL.

Not much change to D except Grizz out and Kampfer in as Grizz has been horrible all series long. Get a veteran presence in the room who is also fighting for a spot.

This provides a grittier lineup and a scratch pool where they now feel like their spots are being taken. I don't except to win with this lineup but this lineup is to symbolize to the super stars on this team that they are replaceable. This is the problem we lacked all series and now we start over next year.

This won’t be forgotten
Apr. 29, 2019 at 12:02 p.m.

Dude, you clearly dont know what youre talking about. The Leafs matched up well against our top 2 lines thats why they didnt look their best, give credit to the tavares line for playing their asses off. I dont know why you think this strategy would remotely work. Bcarlo25 is right....delete your account thats your only move at this point... but it looks like you already did. Cant wait to find your new account from all the future nonsense you will post.
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Aug. 15, 2019 at 1:50 p.m.
Bcarlo25
remember this?
KennyBoi and SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Aug. 15, 2019 at 4:08 p.m.
remember this?

what an idiot lol. Paul carey in a playoff scenario? yikes.
Aug. 15, 2019 at 5:17 p.m.
remember this?

This is gold, sat him the **** down real quick ?
Aug. 20, 2019 at 6:15 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Look, we lost this series and there is no need to try. Get this statement out fast and than beat them the next season

Whoops
bhavikp27 liked this.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 10:58 p.m.
torontos finest
looking forward to this being reposted when boston loses the first game against toronto only to come back and win the next four
Bcarlo25 and hanson493 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll