SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Rangers

Pet Peeves

Apr. 20, 2019 at 2:22 p.m.
As I have been seeing some NYR fans posts, there have a been a few things that have been of concern. If you are just having fun, I get it; not trying to criticize or be a kill joy. However, if you are serious in your posts, please take into account the following considerations.

1- STOP TRADING FOR ADAM FOX: Countless NYR fans continue to trade for Adam Fox. I do not think your values are wrong, but why do you want to trade for Adam when there is simply no market for him yet? No other team is reportedly interested in him, so why waste any assets on Fox now? Unless you think he's the difference that will help NYR win a cup (which I would like to think most do not believe so), then you simply wait for him to be an UFA, and sign him. If another teams calls up CAR for his rights, then I can understand trading for his rights. However, at the moment, trading for Adam should not be in your NYR 19-20 plan.

2- STOP TRADING BRENDAN SMITH TO OTT: I continue to see this in many posts. Smith had a 15 team trade list from 17-19, and will diminish to only 10 teams. I doubt that OTT will be on that list. Think about what Smith wants: playing time on a team that will help him showcase his talents for another contract. OTT is in total rebuild, so I would like to think they would rather play their youth as much as possible (similar to what NYR was doing with Deangelo and Pionk). Smith would be in no different situation in OTT than in NY, but he would only be paying even more in income taxes. Suggestion: look for teams that have holes on their blueline, and do not have talented youth coming up soon. A couple of teams to consider could be ANA and MIN.

3- STOP ASSUMING DAL FULFILLS THE CONDITIONS IN ZUCCARELLO'S TRADE: As we saw with Tampa Bay, when you assume, "it makes an ass out of u and me." My personal outlook is that you work with the worst case scenario. I understand that it would be fun to maximize first rounders, but until it happens I think it's better to work with what is at play at the current moment.

As I said, I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I just think that if you are serious when posting these ideas, less people are going to take you seriously. I apologize in advance if this offends anyone, as that is clearly not my intention. These are just suggestions.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 2:31 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Thanks for this, My favourite is trading players with NTCs to obviously "black hole" destinations. Just not going to happen.
My other is thinking Ottawa "needs to get to the cap", so they would take poor players on overpaid multiple year contracts. Lots of better ways to to get to the cap, even if getting to the cap was a problem
Apr. 20, 2019 at 2:44 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Thanks for this, My favourite is trading players with NTCs to obviously "black hole" destinations. Just not going to happen.
My other is thinking Ottawa "needs to get to the cap", so they would take poor players on overpaid multiple year contracts. Lots of better ways to to get to the cap, even if getting to the cap was a problem

OTT may not even need help getting to the cap, having to resign some players and others may be coming off of LTIR. But yes I agree with you.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 3:01 p.m.
arky
Thank you for being a voice of reason.
Apr. 20, 2019 at 6:36 p.m.
ChytilMania
Lmao this is totally me
Apr. 20, 2019 at 7:51 p.m.
Lamar1226
Why do you have to be reasonable? Cant we just enjoy the fantasy of it? Change your name to dreamkiller please.
Apr. 21, 2019 at 12:01 a.m.
Edited Apr. 21, 2019 at 12:06 a.m.
Quoting: lamar1226
Why do you have to be reasonable? Cant we just enjoy the fantasy of it? Change your name to dreamkiller please.

Haha I never said you couldn't and I was not trying to offend at all (as I wrote in the description). All I am saying is people will take your posts a little less seriously. Dream on bud do your thing.
Apr. 21, 2019 at 1:59 a.m.
Mods have power egos
It’s all just best case scenario if you don’t like it don’t look at it. if we get a young rh dman for a 3rd round then it’s best case scenario. Is Dallas fulfills the condition then it’s best case scenario. Nobody is forcing you to look at these so if you look at the and don’t like them or don’t think they’re realistic give the person some constructive feedback.
Apr. 21, 2019 at 6:37 a.m.
Old Timer
My pet peeve is signing Panarin for less than the max 7 years, which will never happen, and for around $10 mil, which is unlikely at best in a high tax state.
I do see some point though in trading for Fox. You want him in the system now, rather than when he becomes a free agent in 2020/21. And there is always risk that some other team comes along that he finds acceptable.
Just don't tell me I can't trade Pionk.
Apr. 21, 2019 at 11:04 a.m.
Quoting: NYRxLundqvist
It’s all just best case scenario if you don’t like it don’t look at it. if we get a young rh dman for a 3rd round then it’s best case scenario. Is Dallas fulfills the condition then it’s best case scenario. Nobody is forcing you to look at these so if you look at the and don’t like them or don’t think they’re realistic give the person some constructive feedback.

With regards to Fox, I sort of just did. I would not give away an asset if there's no market for that asset. If some team comes along and offers for him, then sure I get it. But as of now, there are better ways you could use that 3rd rounder, or Vesey, or Namestnikov, or whatever has been proposed. The point of the post was to give constructive feedback, without going through each thread. And with regards to the DAL conditions, that's just personal preference. I am more impressed with those who try to make the best out of the worst case scenarios.

Reread my description. You can do whatever you like. Dream big, I am all for it. Just do not be disappointed if it does not happen, or do not be angry with NYR management if certain things cannot or do not happen.
Apr. 21, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.
Quoting: WalterT
My pet peeve is signing Panarin for less than the max 7 years, which will never happen, and for around $10 mil, which is unlikely at best in a high tax state.
I do see some point though in trading for Fox. You want him in the system now, rather than when he becomes a free agent in 2020/21. And there is always risk that some other team comes along that he finds acceptable.
Just don't tell me I can't trade Pionk.

Why do you want him in the system now? To develop? That was the point in going to Harvard, to develop. Is he going to be the difference between success or failure? Probably not. They also have a logjam at defense at the moment anyway, so why not give him another year in college and then go sign him in free agency? Would you buy something you do not need in the present, or wait for it to be free when you will need it? That's how I see it. When a market for Fox is established, then go trade for him. I am sure CAR will call NYR up if another team makes an offer, to inflate the price. And in this case, the price prob cannot be inflated too high to be unpalatable for the Rangers.

Oh, and with Pionk, I agree with you; it's time to shop him and collect what you can get for him.
Apr. 21, 2019 at 12:27 p.m.
Old Timer
I'm not sure Fox develops as much at Harvard as he would in an NHL organization. He's no teenager - if he didn't go the college route he'd probably be in the NHL by now.
How about we compromise and trade Pionk for him. Kills two birds with one stone.
Apr. 21, 2019 at 5:27 p.m.
Quoting: WalterT
I'm not sure Fox develops as much at Harvard as he would in an NHL organization. He's no teenager - if he didn't go the college route he'd probably be in the NHL by now.
How about we compromise and trade Pionk for him. Kills two birds with one stone.

A) At this point it does not matter what we think and
B) It does not change the fact that you can use any asset that you would trade for Fox to acquire something else. I respect your opinion that you would like to trade for him but personally I would just wait the year if no other team is even thinking about offering anything to the Hurricanes.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll