SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

Nhl needs to stop

Apr. 22, 2019 at 9:50 p.m.
Banned
Nhl needs to stop dictating their games. It was clear from puck drop that the canes were going to win this game with the one sided calls. At one point they waved off an icing and allowed a guy slash the defenseman causing a goal. I mean if that wasn’t bad enough they disallowed a goal bc he had planned on blowing his whistle. NHL is a joke. It’s not just the games but 3 major hockey markets are picking 123 in the draft? It’s pathetic and it not surprised just annoyed. Same story different game
Apr. 22, 2019 at 9:55 p.m.
classic caps fan lmao
Apr. 22, 2019 at 9:57 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: EGM
classic caps fan lmao

No I get bias team complaining. Watch the game it was really bad.

Also you guys got swept....haha congrats classic penguins fan haha
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:00 p.m.
As a Carolina fan, can I just say.....

Na Na Na Na

Na Na Na Na

Hey Hey Hey

GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A myriad of reactions to this:

1. Intent to blow a whistle is a load of **** rule. The goal was waved off for different reasons (interference :/), but I'd still like to say that is a **** rule.
2. I agree this was the Canes game to win. I disagree that it had to do with the refs. Canes had more shots on goal, more faceoffs won, they were statistically better. Also no PP goals on either side, so you can only blame the refs so much for the score. It'll be an interesting game 7, but my money's still on the Caps.
3. Major markets got the good picks this year, sure, but who were the winners last year? Buffalo (small market, though they've been due for more than a while), Carolina (small market jumped up 10 slots) and Montreal (bug market, sure but they barely jumped up in the lottery). Between the Isles, Rangers and Devils, the Greater NY Metropolitan area had 4 1st round lottery eligible picks. None of them won. If it's all about market size, the NHL could have picked one of those 4 and no one would have called bull****.
capsin9, EGM and OldNYIfan liked this.
Did the NHL dictate the caps winning the cup last year? I’m sure the NHL is thrilled that the two one seeds (with larger markets and fan bases) got beat by 8 seeds.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:01 p.m.
Quoting: capsin9

I watched the game tonight, id agree refs this playoffs have been bad, I thought tonight the refs were decent tho, and ya ik I picked islanders in 6 in my bracket, thought we could at least win 2 games.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Hawkisles

1. Intent to blow a whistle is a load of **** rule. The goal was waved off for different reasons (interference :/), but I'd still like to say that is a **** rule.
2. I agree this was the Canes game to win. I disagree that it had to do with the refs. Canes had more shots on goal, more faceoffs won, they were statistically better. Also no PP goals on either side, so you can only blame the refs so much for the score. It'll be an interesting game 7, but my money's still on the Caps.
3. Major markets got the good picks this year, sure, but who were the winners last year? Buffalo (small market, though they've been due for more than a while), Carolina (small market jumped up 10 slots) and Montreal (bug market, sure but they barely jumped up in the lottery). Between the Isles, Rangers and Devils, the Greater NY Metropolitan area had 4 1st round lottery eligible picks. None of them won. If it's all about market size, the NHL could have picked one of those 4 and no one would have called bull****.

The goalie didn’t have the puck for 1second. It was a bang bang play. That would have changed then game but again it was a intent to blow the whistle call. It was an awful game to watch. I could give 40 different insistence’s but there’s no real point

If the sens didn’t trade that 1st round pick they would have got the #1 pick no doubt in my mind.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
Yeah, rough times. Maybe throw on a re-run of your cup parade from LAST YEAR, that'll cheer you up... Honestly though, if you want to get on the bitter bus you're going to have to be ok with standing, because after tomorrow night those seats could be occupied by a whole lot of Leafs fans
capsin9 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:05 p.m.
Banned
I watched the game tonight, id agree refs this playoffs have been bad, I thought tonight the refs were decent tho, and ya ik I picked islanders in 6 in my bracket, thought we could at least win 2 games.

So......

You though Orlov dove?

I agree it wasn’t icing and he didn’t slash the guys hands

You agree that the “planned to blow the whistle?”

2/3 of those things were huge game swingers
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:06 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Zhaavs
Did the NHL dictate the caps winning the cup last year? I’m sure the NHL is thrilled that the two one seeds (with larger markets and fan bases) got beat by 8 seeds.

Yeah absolutely they did. They could have suspended Wilson 8 times and didn’t ?
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:07 p.m.

From an Isles fan to a Pens fan, each of those games were close. Isles in 6 was my prediction too. I didn't expect Lehner to be as good as he was this series, and I thought Murray would steal at least one game. Murray had a good series, just didn't have a shutdown game.
EGM and OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:07 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Shifttee
As a Carolina fan, can I just say.....

Na Na Na Na

Na Na Na Na

Hey Hey Hey

GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game 7 ? Solid chirp though... seriously it was good....
GenXHockey liked this.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:13 p.m.
The goalie didn’t have the puck for 1second. It was a bang bang play. That would have changed then game but again it was a intent to blow the whistle call. It was an awful game to watch. I could give 40 different insistence’s but there’s no real point

If the sens didn’t trade that 1st round pick they would have got the #1 pick no doubt in my mind.

I can buy that WSH deserved the goal that was called off, but I'll never buy the argument that if one goal was scored, another goal wouldn't/would have been scored. It just gets too speculative. Sure, Williams might not have scored later in exactly the same way, but who's to say he or a different Cane wouldn't have scored later around the same time but in a different way? It wouldn't really be fair to say it would or wouldn't happen. Like I said, it just gets too speculative too quickly.

Honestly not sure about how Lottery Picks are determined. I have no proof it isn't random, and while it's tempting to believe Bettman is pulling the strings, I just kind of doubt that he or anyone is. I'd need proof to think that. Besides, Bettman grew up watching the Isles (amongst other teams). Where's our BS lottery pick? We had two lottery picks last year, why didn't Bettman give us Dahlin and Svechnikov??? smile
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:15 p.m.
So......

You though Orlov dove?

I agree it wasn’t icing and he didn’t slash the guys hands

You agree that the “planned to blow the whistle?”

I said decent, not great, disagree with some of the calls they made but the disallowed goal was a no goal. I thought it was icing tbh, watching it now in slow mo it is impossible to tell for sure tho.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:16 p.m.
Banned
I can buy that WSH deserved the goal that was called off, but I'll never buy the argument that if one goal was scored, another goal wouldn't/would have been scored. It just gets too speculative. Sure, Williams might not have scored later in exactly the same way, but who's to say he or a different Cane wouldn't have scored later around the same time but in a different way? It wouldn't really be fair to say it would or wouldn't happen. Like I said, it just gets too speculative too quickly.

Honestly not sure about how Lottery Picks are determined. I have no proof it isn't random, and while it's tempting to believe Bettman is pulling the strings, I just kind of doubt that he or anyone is. I'd need proof to think that. Besides, Bettman grew up watching the Isles (amongst other teams). Where's our BS lottery pick? We had two lottery picks last year, why didn't Bettman give us Dahlin and Svechnikov??? smile

He screwed them on mcdavid he needed to give them the lotto that year or Buffalo would look like Ferguson.

The puck was visible and the goalie didn’t have it covered. It was a bad call imo. Like I said it was a game changing call that directly benefited the canes. The show was on the other foot and the caps won the series bc of a no goal for canes it would be a similar feeling
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:17 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Game 7 ? Solid chirp though... seriously it was good....

Ovi game 7... 5 goals, puts half the Canes team in the hospital and does the surge by himself after the horn in front of the canes bench.

Cane’s should not be poking the bear with a stick.

Oh and Ovi’s goal was good. That was a **** call. He saw the puck loose targeted it and pushed it into the net. He has just as much right to the puck and did not push the goalie into the net. You can clearly see him push the puck in first.
capsin9 liked this.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:17 p.m.
From an Isles fan to a Pens fan, each of those games were close. Isles in 6 was my prediction too. I didn't expect Lehner to be as good as he was this series, and I thought Murray would steal at least one game. Murray had a good series, just didn't have a shutdown game.

If carolina can't take the east, my second dream as it stands now is.........

Isles sweep Toronto in the ECF
Hawkisles liked this.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:18 p.m.
Banned
I said decent, not great, disagree with some of the calls they made but the disallowed goal was a no goal. I thought it was icing tbh, watching it now in slow mo it is impossible to tell for sure tho.

That’s a goal in any league. And the icing was bad but to ignore the the slash is embarrassing. The guy couldn’t even clear it bc of the slash...... it was clear the slash effect the play.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Jamiepo
Ovi game 7... 5 goals, puts half the Canes team in the hospital and does the surge by himself after the horn in front of the canes bench.

Cane’s should not be poking the bear with a stick.

Oh and Ovi’s goal was good. That was a **** call. He saw the puck loose targeted it and pushed into the net. He has just as much right to the puck and did not push the goalie into the net. You can clearly see him push the puck in first.

I agree. It wasn’t like the goalie 100% had it. And it was a bang bang play. That called impacted the game. Benefitted the canes...:

The called Orlov for a dive. He fell it was a terrible call....their 2nd goal was just a complete ball drop by the refs
GenXHockey liked this.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
He screwed them on mcdavid he needed to give them the lotto that year or Buffalo would look like Ferguson.

The puck was visible and the goalie didn’t have it covered. It was a bad call imo. Like I said it was a game changing call that directly benefited the canes. The show was on the other foot and the caps won the series bc of a no goal for canes it would be a similar feeling

I'm clearly not going to convince you the NHL isn't rigged. I just wonder what the point of watching any of this is if it's all controlled by a bunch of dicks in Toronto. And I'm an Isles fan. If I can get over what a bunch of dicks in Toronto did to us in June/July, I feel like anyone can forgive their scapegoat bunch of dicks in Toronto.

Enjoy Game 7, dude. I'd enjoy watching my Isles play either of these teams at this point, both look hungry.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:22 p.m.
Glep

Here is my unbiased opinion of the game
- the called off goal was hard to dictate but if you look at the replay ovi ran into mrazek to get the puck unintentionally causing goalie interference and I don’t think it was the intent to blow the whistle which I agree is a stupid rule
- it’s playoff hockey so let them play. Over the course of the series there have been many missed calls and cheap shots. Carlson had one on mcginn in game 3 while ferland also had a hit on dowd that had the whiplash effect which caused him to get ejected. Two blown calls that overall didn’t affect the outcome of the game which is the same in this game. If the goal went in then they still would have lost due to the Williams goal
- game 7 will be amazing and I feel that this is what both organizations needed. 7 games to prove that they both deserve it and even though one will lose, the team that looses will feel like they put up their best fight and it will be finals play on Wednesday. What I’m trying to say is that it will be a very good game and I do expect lots of cheap shots on both ends of the ice. Svech should be good by then but he will be targeted because of how he plays
All in all, nobody’s perfect and I wouldn’t say that the nhl is rigged. People get actually hurt and I do believe of both teams were completely healthy then the caps should win but they don’t have Kempeny and oshie while Carolina doesn’t have ferland and svech. Though their were blown calls I don’t think that the refs were payed off or anything like that.
capsin9 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:23 p.m.
Banned
I'm clearly not going to convince you the NHL isn't rigged. I just wonder what the point of watching any of this is if it's all controlled by a bunch of dicks in Toronto. And I'm an Isles fan. If I can get over what a bunch of dicks in Toronto did to us in June/July, I feel like anyone can forgive their scapegoat bunch of dicks in Toronto.

Enjoy Game 7, dude. I'd enjoy watching my Isles play either of these teams at this point, both look hungry.

You can’t rig the games but you can create situations that benefit teams. Like fighting w a hand behind your back you can win but it’s harder.

Also drafts are rigged. You can’t convince me other wise. It’ll benefit the caps a few years down the road but never the less
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:24 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

What did these “dicks in Toronto” do to your team? You wanted Tavares in San Jose? Does that somehow make your team better?
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:25 p.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
What did these “dicks in Toronto” do to your team? You wanted Tavares in San Jose? Does that somehow make your team better?

It was meant as a joke at Tavares'/The Leafs in general expense. Clearly the joke didn't get the yucks.
GenXHockey liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll