SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

Nhl needs to stop

Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Hurricanes73
Here is my unbiased opinion of the game
- the called off goal was hard to dictate but if you look at the replay ovi ran into mrazek to get the puck unintentionally causing goalie interference and I don’t think it was the intent to blow the whistle which I agree is a stupid rule
- it’s playoff hockey so let them play. Over the course of the series there have been many missed calls and cheap shots. Carlson had one on mcginn in game 3 while ferland also had a hit on dowd that had the whiplash effect which caused him to get ejected. Two blown calls that overall didn’t affect the outcome of the game which is the same in this game. If the goal went in then they still would have lost due to the Williams goal
- game 7 will be amazing and I feel that this is what both organizations needed. 7 games to prove that they both deserve it and even though one will lose, the team that looses will feel like they put up their best fight and it will be finals play on Wednesday. What I’m trying to say is that it will be a very good game and I do expect lots of cheap shots on both ends of the ice. Svech should be good by then but he will be targeted because of how he plays
All in all, nobody’s perfect and I wouldn’t say that the nhl is rigged. People get actually hurt and I do believe of both teams were completely healthy then the caps should win but they don’t have Kempeny and oshie while Carolina doesn’t have ferland and svech. Though their were blown calls I don’t think that the refs were payed off or anything like that.

Agree to disagree with the ovi goal but I agree game should be great.... tonight the “blown call” seemed to go in the back of our net or out of the canes. Either way nothing you can do about it. As a caps fan it’s hard to not see this going to 7 after that 2nd goal and the disallowed goal.

Either way good luck in game 7
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:49 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Hawkisles
It was meant as a joke at Tavares'/The Leafs in general expense. Clearly the joke didn't get the yucks.

I get it. I just see a lot of angry isles fans. I get the anger at Tavares. Just don’t understand the anger at the leafs. It’s not like we offer sheeted one of your RFA’s.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 10:51 p.m.
Log off the internet
y’all just won a cup why are you complaining
Apr. 22, 2019 at 11:34 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Hawkisles
It was meant as a joke at Tavares'/The Leafs in general expense. Clearly the joke didn't get the yucks.

Leave comedy to the professionals.
GenXHockey liked this.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 11:37 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
It's always like this for every losing team's fan base. They lose the game, then start thinking back to all the missed calls they got throughout the game, then start putting them all together creating this mini conspiracy theory that the refs were against them.

every. damn. time.

Yet if they win, what do we hear from the winning teams fan base? .............................................................................................. nothing,

You sir are currently in a bit size version of the 2nd and 3rd stages of grief. Denial and anger.

Don't worry, you'll get over it.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 22, 2019 at 11:42 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Blazingbat11
It's always like this for every losing team's fan base. They lose the game, then start thinking back to all the missed calls they got throughout the game, then start putting them all together creating this mini conspiracy theory that the refs were against them.

every. damn. time.

Yet if they win, what do we hear from the winning teams fan base? .............................................................................................. nothing,

You sir are currently in a bit size version of the 2nd and 3rd stages of grief. Denial and anger.

Don't worry, you'll get over it.

Or just angry about 2 major missed calls resulting in a goal for and a goal disallowed.

But your 2 cents was great thank you. Seriously good job
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2019 at 2:28 a.m.
Jah1722
Did you miss Hagelin’s slash on Nino that woulda put the canes on a 5 on 3? It was pretty blatant. Idk if he’ll get a fine for it or not but if it was the regular season he would.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 23, 2019 at 6:30 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Jah1722
Did you miss Hagelin’s slash on Nino that woulda put the canes on a 5 on 3? It was pretty blatant. Idk if he’ll get a fine for it or not but if it was the regular season he would.

Agree completely. See my following comment.
Apr. 23, 2019 at 6:31 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Following up on Jah1722's comment: And do you think that during the regular season, Ovechkin wouldn't be fined or even suspended for attacking the integrity of the officials at the end of the game?
Apr. 26, 2019 at 8:16 a.m.
Edited Apr. 26, 2019 at 10:39 a.m.
Quoting: EGM
classic caps fan lmao

True, but every fanbase thinks that the officiating is biased against them. However, they are nowhere near Flyer's fans. Flyers fans will watch one of their guys lay out a textbook charge on on opposing player, and the Flyer fans starts crying about there not being an interference call against the opposing player and how the refs and league have it out for them. If you get to watch a Flyers vs "not your team" game with Flyer fans, I suggest doing it... it's an adventure and a comedy of errors all rolled into one.
EGM and capsin9 liked this.
Apr. 26, 2019 at 11:24 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: biglite351
True, but every fanbase thinks that the officiating is biased against them. However, they are nowhere near Flyer's fans. Flyers fans will watch one of their guys lay out a textbook charge on on opposing player, and the Flyer fans starts crying about there not being an interference call against the opposing player and how the refs and league have it out for them. If you get to watch a Flyers vs "not your team" game with Flyer fans, I suggest doing it... it's an adventure and a comedy of errors all rolled into one.

I had no issue with game 7 the better team won but my god game 6 was terrible then game 7 with Vegas....ref have made a major impact in these games it’s unfortunate

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll