SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Where will Gardiner sign Whos gonna touch him

Apr. 26, 2019 at 11:55 p.m.
Jefe
Apr. 26, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
CHI NYI
However unlikely it may be, Montreal seems like a good fit, roster-wise.
DirtyDangles liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:00 a.m.
Jay27
It's free agency, somebody will be willing to overpay him
Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:00 a.m.
Jay27
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
However unlikely it may be, Montreal seems like a good fit, roster-wise.

Oh god, let it not be the Habs.
ForsbergForVezina liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:01 a.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: Jay27
Oh god, let it not be the Habs.

For their sake, I hope not
Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:04 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
For their sake, I hope not

If you paid Gardiner 7m a year, he might seem like a bargain compared to that LHD signing of 4.625m Alzner. But agree with you....stay away from Jake.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:10 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
God gards is one of the most underrated dmen in the league. If his back issue looks like it won't be a problem, anyone with a brain would be all over it. If it does stick around, maybe dont go 7-8 years.
HabsForEver liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:21 a.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: palhal
If you paid Gardiner 7m a year, he might seem like a bargain compared to that LHD signing of 4.625m Alzner. But agree with you....stay away from Jake.

Yeah, idk what went wrong with Karl. I thought he was a decent defensive defenseman, it makes no sense to me what happened to him. As for Gardiner, I don't actually think either side would want him to sign (imagine the hate he would get if he signed with the Habs lol), but I have no idea who signs him
Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:22 a.m.
Edited Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:57 a.m.
He has his defensive flaws but all in all, hes still legit Top 25 LHD in the League. Pair him with quality shutdown RHD to cover his back and he will end the season with another 50+ points.

Im betting on VAN after they ditched Gudbranson at TDL and with their current situation where D needs complete overhaul in this offseason, 5 x 6M
HabsForEver liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:50 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Gardiner will get somewhere around 5/6m in FA. Yes he has hisvissurs but certainly has his upsides too.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:57 a.m.
If Jake becomes a Hab he will score 50 plus points just to spite the Leafs and myself.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 4:53 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Yeah, idk what went wrong with Karl. I thought he was a decent defensive defenseman, it makes no sense to me what happened to him. As for Gardiner, I don't actually think either side would want him to sign (imagine the hate he would get if he signed with the Habs lol), but I have no idea who signs him

You mentioned Alzner. In the playoffs 2017, the Leafs played Washington and Alzner was going to be a UFA in a few months. I watched him closely and thought, this he had lost mobility. He was OK in a series that was intense but there was lots of rest between games. I just thought he had poor skating especially turning abilities. And when those skills go in a player they go quickly.

Gardiner: I have used the following comparison to Gardiner: In the original Star Trek series, Captain Kirk goes into the transporter and is divided into two people....The "good" Kirk and the "bad" Kirk. To me that's Gardiner. He'll have 65 games a year of the good or even very good Gardiner, and then he'll have the 17 games of the bad Gardiner. Maddening. At age 28 it's not getting better.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 6:09 p.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: palhal
You mentioned Alzner. In the playoffs 2017, the Leafs played Washington and Alzner was going to be a UFA in a few months. I watched him closely and thought, this he had lost mobility. He was OK in a series that was intense but there was lots of rest between games. I just thought he had poor skating especially turning abilities. And when those skills go in a player they go quickly.

Gardiner: I have used the following comparison to Gardiner: In the original Star Trek series, Captain Kirk goes into the transporter and is divided into two people....The "good" Kirk and the "bad" Kirk. To me that's Gardiner. He'll have 65 games a year of the good or even very good Gardiner, and then he'll have the 17 games of the bad Gardiner. Maddening. At age 28 it's not getting better.

I'm not trying to compare the two at all, they're completely different players. It's just that the last time they invested a ton of money into a defenseman, it bit them in the butt. It's a crude comparison, but just something I remembered, idk
Apr. 28, 2019 at 12:20 a.m.
6x6 from the Habs hopefully.
Apr. 28, 2019 at 12:21 a.m.
[qquote=ForsbergForVezina;825794]Yeah, idk what went wrong with Karl. I thought he was a decent defensive defenseman, it makes no sense to me what happened to him. As for Gardiner, I don't actually think either side would want him to sign (imagine the hate he would get if he signed with the Habs lol), but I have no idea who signs him[/quote]

NHL got fast around him. He just isn't fast and quick enough for the NHL these days. I believe he could last in the west simply because it's the slower conference. No team is going to take a chance on him though
S
Apr. 28, 2019 at 10:26 a.m.
Well, he would make a good partner for Shea Weber. Has power play experience, great passer. Shea Weber is physical and reliable enough so that he doesn't make too many mistakes. But still, if it doesn't work out, Petry and him would be a nightmare of bad turnovers. So, I don't know if they will take a chance on him. The Habs are more conscious about free agency than they were in the past (Karl Alzner), and Marc Bergevin realised that this contract was a mistake. Plus, I think they should be patient. Romanov will be a really good defensman.
Blazingbat11 and Poehling liked this.
May 3, 2019 at 9:09 p.m.
Quoting: seb
Well, he would make a good partner for Shea Weber. Has power play experience, great passer. Shea Weber is physical and reliable enough so that he doesn't make too many mistakes. But still, if it doesn't work out, Petry and him would be a nightmare of bad turnovers. So, I don't know if they will take a chance on him. The Habs are more conscious about free agency than they were in the past (Karl Alzner), and Marc Bergevin realised that this contract was a mistake. Plus, I think they should be patient. Romanov will be a really good defensman.

Kulak is playing like a 2nd pairing defenseman too. He's underrated, only because the trade ( Valiev-Taormina vs Kulak ) seems like an AHL one. But Kulak skate well, physical & bring offense. I think Mete-Kulak will be both on the top 4 LHD next year

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll