$6,750,000$6,750,000
LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 27, 2019 at 11:36 a.m.
Banned
The most attractive part of the trade here fr Toronto is the contract, which may also be the biggest stopping point for Calgary, I was thinking about this exact trade yesterday, definitely interesting, obviously I don't see it happening but good thought!
Apr. 27, 2019 at 11:50 a.m.
Dubas for Prez
Gaudreau, Matthews , Bracco woould be dirty

Babcock would probably play them 16 minutes a night though
Apr. 27, 2019 at 11:55 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: tomkinoo

So would Tkachuk/Monahan/Marner
Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:02 p.m.
Quoting: tomkinoo

Lol. That's an awesome assessment and probably true if that trade happened. Which btw, I think could be a pretty awesome trade fir both teams..
Apr. 27, 2019 at 12:57 p.m.
Banned
Why would the Leafs trade for a guy who folds like a lawn chair the moment people hit him? Marner plays better the hard you go after him, there is a reason Gudreau has done nothing in the playoffs. No chance this ever even begins to be discussed. Dubas would here Mar.. and just yell NOPE! and hangup.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Why would the Leafs trade for a guy who folds like a lawn chair the moment people hit him? Marner plays better the hard you go after him, there is a reason Gudreau has done nothing in the playoffs. No chance this ever even begins to be discussed. Dubas would here Mar.. and just yell NOPE! and hangup.

Because, by the sounds of it, the leafs have a number that they can afford Marner at. And if his side isn't willingly to come in at that number, then the leafs will trade him. Or so says Chris Johnston..

And if that's true, then Dubas won't be waiting for the calls, he'll be making them..

Why does Johnny Hockey makes sense? Because he comes in at almost half of what Marner is reportedly demanding.. and for similar production... while still leaving the leafs enough room to go find another Hyman through ufa..

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
SmugTkachuk liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:25 p.m.
Banned

Marner had 4 points in 7 games and was a -4? Still better than Johnny but I mean maybe If he’s scores a ppg they win that series.

Long story short Marner is the better player but he’s more expensive. IMO you’d need a more tkachuk type player.... idt flames have a player worth a 1for 1 that equals Marner
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: blowing_the_zone
Because, by the sounds of it, the leafs have a number that they can afford Marner at. And if his side isn't willingly to come in at that number, then the leafs will trade him. Or so says Chris Johnston..

And if that's true, then Dubas won't be waiting for the calls, he'll be making them..

Why does Johnny Hockey makes sense? Because he comes in at almost half of what Marner is reportedly demanding.. and for similar production... while still leaving the leafs enough room to go find another Hyman through ufa..

By that logic why would the flames pay 2x the money for the same production? You would think that eating 6m would cost you more than a 2nd round pick?
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:38 p.m.
Banned

Two things in response to that.

1) I am thinking Sportsnet has given their staff encouragement to sessationalize everything and speculate like crazy. What we know is both sides want this done fast. That is a real fact that has been mentioned by both sides. Everything else is made up speculation by people who want more clicks to earn bigger contracts at work.

2) Gaudreau folds like a lawn chair in the playoffs, how would he fair against Boston next year (I'd say it's almost a coin flip It happens again) Marner shows up when people go after him, Gaudreau on the other hand disappears

So my take is this is just speculation designed to get fans to discuss is on the internet
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:41 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: capsin9
Marner had 4 points in 7 games and was a -4? Still better than Johnny but I mean maybe If he’s scores a ppg they win that series.

Long story short Marner is the better player but he’s more expensive. IMO you’d need a more tkachuk type player.... idt flames have a player worth a 1for 1 that equals Marner

Yeah Tkachuk is a guy I'd like on my team but I am not sure that is still worth Marner. He's a local kid who is living his dream. He'll sign and as long as the Leafs manage to stay away from giving money and term to guys who will decline, they'll be fine.
capsin9 liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:52 p.m.
That’s an overpayment for Larsson
capsin9 liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:54 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: PJoseph13
That’s an overpayment for Larsson

More than hall?
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:55 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles
I can’t even respond to an irrational thinker such as yourself. I suggest you just ignore my teams since you think every player you have is a hall of famer.

They are all hall of famers except for contract purposes.
capsin9 liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:55 p.m.
Banned
I can’t even respond to an irrational thinker such as yourself. I suggest you just ignore my teams since you think every player you have is a hall of famer.

Irrational is ignoring tangible evidence. Gaudreau has been to the playoffs 3 times and has done nothing. Marner hasn't won a round either, I am not oblivious, but he also has been good to great in those rounds.

What you can say about these two is this. Gaudreau is currently a better offensive player but Marner is younger by 3 years and is far better defensively and is way more versatile since he's a good penalty killer.

So how is any of that irrational? Spoiler alert, it isn't its logical thought that can be backed up with reasonable facts.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:57 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
They are all hall of famers except for contract purposes.

Many Leafs fans are ridiculous yes, I like to think I keep a smaller bias than most. Don't get me started on the contracts on here for Kap and Johnsson. 1 20 goal season and everyone wants to give them 5+ million. It's ridiculous
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:57 p.m.
More than hall?

Just because Edmonton was stupid enough to trade hall for Larsson. Doesn’t mean Larsson is worth as much.
capsin9 liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 1:59 p.m.
Banned
Irrational is ignoring tangible evidence. Gaudreau has been to the playoffs 3 times and has done nothing. Marner hasn't won a round either, I am not oblivious, but he also has been good to great in those rounds.

What you can say about these two is this. Gaudreau is currently a better offensive player but Marner is younger by 3 years and is far better defensively and is way more versatile since he's a good penalty killer.

So how is any of that irrational? Spoiler alert, it isn't its logical thought that can be backed up with reasonable facts.

Marner, $11 mil for 90+ points and not being a dominant force in the playoffs. Gaudreau $6.75 for 90+ points plus a 2nd round pick. So explain agin how the cap means nothing when it comes to value...
SmugTkachuk liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Two things in response to that.

1) I am thinking Sportsnet has given their staff encouragement to sessationalize everything and speculate like crazy. What we know is both sides want this done fast. That is a real fact that has been mentioned by both sides. Everything else is made up speculation by people who want more clicks to earn bigger contracts at work.

2) Gaudreau folds like a lawn chair in the playoffs, how would he fair against Boston next year (I'd say it's almost a coin flip It happens again) Marner shows up when people go after him, Gaudreau on the other hand disappears

So my take is this is just speculation designed to get fans to discuss is on the internet

Yeah, I'll agree to your first point in that that is what the media (whether hockey or otherwise) generally does... its kinda their business model..

As to the comment on Johnny Hockey, I'd say that's a pretty sensational take.. he's a good hockey player.

But we're absolutely on the same page regarding sparking debate amongst us hockey nuts. It's all speculation, and it should all be in good fun.

Look, I'd hate to lose Marner - he really is a special player. But I really don't want him at any number either.. and I hope the leafs have the stones to draw a line in the sand. Because i do think the leafs can be a better team by trading Mitch rather than keeping him and giving him whatever he wants.

And because this whole site is about speculation, I enjoy seeing other posters take on what Marner could fetch. Dirty's agm seems more than reasonable and it could benefit both teams. Im looking forward to seeing more like this..
DirtyDangles liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 3:03 p.m.
By that logic why would the flames pay 2x the money for the same production? You would think that eating 6m would cost you more than a 2nd round pick?

Because. Its obvious... Marner = 12M!

I keep hearing that, so it must mean that hes twice as good as Johnny Hockey.. and thats why the flames would be happy to have him
capsin9 liked this.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 3:10 p.m.
Banned
Marner, $11 mil for 90+ points and not being a dominant force in the playoffs. Gaudreau $6.75 for 90+ points plus a 2nd round pick. So explain agin how the cap means nothing when it comes to value...

Gaudreau has how many years on his contract. He'll need another bigger contract soon and how much will that be? All for a player who disappears in the playoffs. Marner is better and yes he'll get more but stars getting star money is never an issue. Secondary players making too much is a problem
Apr. 27, 2019 at 3:24 p.m.
Banned
Yeah, I'll agree to your first point in that that is what the media (whether hockey or otherwise) generally does... its kinda their business model..

As to the comment on Johnny Hockey, I'd say that's a pretty sensational take.. he's a good hockey player.

But we're absolutely on the same page regarding sparking debate amongst us hockey nuts. It's all speculation, and it should all be in good fun.

Look, I'd hate to lose Marner - he really is a special player. But I really don't want him at any number either.. and I hope the leafs have the stones to draw a line in the sand. Because i do think the leafs can be a better team by trading Mitch rather than keeping him and giving him whatever he wants.

And because this whole site is about speculation, I enjoy seeing other posters take on what Marner could fetch. Dirty's agm seems more than reasonable and it could benefit both teams. Im looking forward to seeing more like this..

I'd say it weakens the Leafs and creates more long term head aches. How much will Gaudreau want on his next deal?
Apr. 27, 2019 at 3:56 p.m.
I'd say it weakens the Leafs and creates more long term head aches. How much will Gaudreau want on his next deal?

Marner might hold an edge on Johnny Hockey, but not 6M worth of an edge. Thst leaves enough room to maybe sign a Ferland. And if that happened I dont see how Marner is > Goudreu + a guy like Ferland.

Sure, J Hockey will look for more on his next deal. But what if the leafs need to bridge Marner at 9M o er 3 years, or something like that? What you think Mitch will want on his next deal? 13M avv?

See the pickle we're in?
Apr. 27, 2019 at 4:48 p.m.
Because. Its obvious... Marner = 12M!

I keep hearing that, so it must mean that hes twice as good as Johnny Hockey.. and thats why the flames would be happy to have him

Actually, Capsin.. I'd love to see one or many of the sharp hockey minds that post to CapFriendly put together an AGM that shows a reasonable trade for Marner from each team. I'd do it.. but I'm not even reasonable when it comes to understanding one team.. the leafs.. let alone being a sharp enough hockey mind to create a fair value Marner trade for each team...

I think that could be really interesting to see.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 5:58 p.m.
Banned
Marner might hold an edge on Johnny Hockey, but not 6M worth of an edge. Thst leaves enough room to maybe sign a Ferland. And if that happened I dont see how Marner is > Goudreu + a guy like Ferland.

Sure, J Hockey will look for more on his next deal. But what if the leafs need to bridge Marner at 9M o er 3 years, or something like that? What you think Mitch will want on his next deal? 13M avv?

See the pickle we're in?

Marner is a winger so he'll get less than a centre. So if he wants over 10 it will mean a longer term. I am predicting 7 or 8 years at 10-11 million. Which is doable. This coming season will be harder than others but it's not that bad. Brown and I think Kapanen could get moved and there won't be a big drop off in any aspect.

In my eyes I would rather have someone who shows up in the playoffs over someone who doesn't as is older and will want a massive deal in a few years when their best hockey is behind them.
Apr. 27, 2019 at 9:38 p.m.
Marner is a winger so he'll get less than a centre. So if he wants over 10 it will mean a longer term. I am predicting 7 or 8 years at 10-11 million. Which is doable. This coming season will be harder than others but it's not that bad. Brown and I think Kapanen could get moved and there won't be a big drop off in any aspect.

In my eyes I would rather have someone who shows up in the playoffs over someone who doesn't as is older and will want a massive deal in a few years when their best hockey is behind them.

Meh. I don't see how in any circumstance, tax crap or otherwise, how Marner should get more than Kucherov. And Iove the dùde!

Apparently with a french accent..

Anways. I find it extremely interesting that outta the teams remaining in the playoffs theres, like, two guys who were in the top 15 in scoring during the regular season..

One player does not make a team.

If Marner and camp are going to try and hold the team over a barrel, then the only choice is to let him go..

And if Marner really and honestly does = 12M, then there is a massive haul coming back and we're a better team because of it..

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll