SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

PENS FANS - CHAT or JUST LISTEN

Apr. 30, 2019 at 7:51 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
PLEASE STOP TRADING GUYS LIKE -
RUST / HORNY / MAATTA - FOR NOTHING BUT 8th Rdrs , lol.
- Horny has value still bc those types of players are rare and was great all year.. except for at end of year he couldnt buy a goal
- Rust was very good all year and wasn't even close to healthy in playoffs... The dude is a swiss army knife and does it all.
- Maatta is a top 4 young Dman on a fair contract that has rings and loads of playoff exp. that just needs a change at this point.

PLUS, GMJR isnt just giving them away... Common now , Use ur brain... FFS
- Think Bjugstad / McCann bc thats what the old man is going for YOUNG players

And PLEASE FOR GOD's SAKE , PK Subban is the very last kind of player we need. But If we really would trade for him, atleast we would kno we are going full re-build tho in less than 1 yr.

** Also when trading Kessel - Please remember how many guys in the league avg 1 point per game, is a play-off beast, can change a game w/ a flick of his wrists, and could take a bubble type Cup team over the top?? So YES, there is a Sh*t Ton of value there.

*** And most important of all - When or if Trading Letang - Remember U need to replace a #1 RHD-man , his 28min of TOI per nite, The #1 Point guy on Top PP, The #1 Dman put in for PK, The best Dman on Pens that has that perfect 1st pass out of zone that Sid loves & needs, His world class skating ability, and plus he is a beautiful man,lol. And just so u kno Schultzy is good 2nd Pairing guy, he aint no #1. And before u say or cry out - "What about his turnovers"? Ok yah when he returned from injury (he was prob 75%) .. yah he had some bad turnovers , but could u imagine if our other Dmen were playing 28 Min per game?? My god it would have been a nitemare. AND before u forget, Remember before Letang was injured in Philly, he was playing all year at a top 2- 3 Dman in the NHL level.
May 1, 2019 at 12:21 p.m.
Whatever is going in and out look for about $4M in cap to go out and not come back. Whether that is for a 7th rounder, a 4th rounder, a 2nd rounder, a prospect that won't impact next year, etc etc etc... it's not really that relevant. Sure, it's relevant to Rutherford, but it's not relevant to the team being shown on the AGM here.

I would do a Letang/Subban trade in a heartbeat. (maybe extra pieces as it causes more cap issues) However, i see that as a near exact parallel to the Neal/Hornqvist trade.

I would also be fine with none of the Dmen playing 28 minutes, not even 25 minutes. i know that he is your picture, but Sullivan is flat out poo at player management.
May 1, 2019 at 12:28 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: biglite351
Whatever is going in and out look for about $4M in cap to go out and not come back. Whether that is for a 7th rounder, a 4th rounder, a 2nd rounder, a prospect that won't impact next year, etc etc etc... it's not really that relevant. Sure, it's relevant to Rutherford, but it's not relevant to the team being shown on the AGM here.

I would do a Letang/Subban trade in a heartbeat. (maybe extra pieces as it causes more cap issues) However, i see that as a near exact parallel to the Neal/Hornqvist trade.

I would also be fine with none of the Dmen playing 28 minutes, not even 25 minutes. i know that he is your picture, but Sullivan is flat out poo at player management.

I would NOT be ok with Letang for Subban... Letang is 10 times the better defensive Dman and can skate circles around him. I would prob become a Nashville fan if that happened, id be so mad,lol
- Yes I agree about Sully (just liked pic) He got flat out ... Out coached and his coaching adjustment is making line changes FFS???
May 1, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.
Quoting: Sidstick87
I would NOT be ok with Letang for Subban...

Well, it's a good thing that I am the GM and yer not!
May 1, 2019 at 3:06 p.m.
I'm starting to think James Neal for Hornqvist would be a bad basis for a deal. As much as I love Hornqvist he just doesn't seem to have developed any chemistry with Crosby or Malkin and is paid too high to be a 3rd line winger. In the past year Jake has looked better on the powerplay.

Now Neal comes with a ****load of baggage and about the same contract as Hornqvist, but the lopsidedness of the trade could open up the possibility of moving one of our expensive defenseman contracts.
May 16, 2019 at 8:30 a.m.
Quoting: Blynasty
I'm starting to think James Neal for Hornqvist would be a bad basis for a deal. As much as I love Hornqvist he just doesn't seem to have developed any chemistry with Crosby or Malkin and is paid too high to be a 3rd line winger. In the past year Jake has looked better on the powerplay.

Now Neal comes with a ****load of baggage and about the same contract as Hornqvist, but the lopsidedness of the trade could open up the possibility of moving one of our expensive defenseman contracts.

Lopsidedness? Are you suggesting that the Pens would need to add, potentially heavily, to a Neal/Hornqvist trade?
Sidstick87 liked this.
May 16, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.
I agree with you except for Maatta, he hasnt really fully gotten back to what he showed his first year. hes not a top4D imo
Sidstick87 liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 12:54 p.m.
Quoting: biglite351
Lopsidedness? Are you suggesting that the Pens would need to add, potentially heavily, to a Neal/Hornqvist trade?

No not at all. I'm saying we could package Gudbranson or Johnson or Maatta as part of the trade to off load one of those contracts.
May 21, 2019 at 6:28 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: Sidstick87
PLEASE STOP TRADING GUYS LIKE -
RUST / HORNY / MAATTA - FOR NOTHING BUT 8th Rdrs , lol.
- Horny has value still bc those types of players are rare and was great all year.. except for at end of year he couldnt buy a goal
- Rust was very good all year and wasn't even close to healthy in playoffs... The dude is a swiss army knife and does it all.
- Maatta is a top 4 young Dman on a fair contract that has rings and loads of playoff exp. that just needs a change at this point.

PLUS, GMJR isnt just giving them away... Common now , Use ur brain... FFS
- Think Bjugstad / McCann bc thats what the old man is going for YOUNG players

And PLEASE FOR GOD's SAKE , PK Subban is the very last kind of player we need. But If we really would trade for him, atleast we would kno we are going full re-build tho in less than 1 yr.

** Also when trading Kessel - Please remember how many guys in the league avg 1 point per game, is a play-off beast, can change a game w/ a flick of his wrists, and could take a bubble type Cup team over the top?? So YES, there is a Sh*t Ton of value there.

*** And most important of all - When or if Trading Letang - Remember U need to replace a #1 RHD-man , his 28min of TOI per nite, The #1 Point guy on Top PP, The #1 Dman put in for PK, The best Dman on Pens that has that perfect 1st pass out of zone that Sid loves & needs, His world class skating ability, and plus he is a beautiful man,lol. And just so u kno Schultzy is good 2nd Pairing guy, he aint no #1. And before u say or cry out - "What about his turnovers"? Ok yah when he returned from injury (he was prob 75%) .. yah he had some bad turnovers , but could u imagine if our other Dmen were playing 28 Min per game?? My god it would have been a nitemare. AND before u forget, Remember before Letang was injured in Philly, he was playing all year at a top 2- 3 Dman in the NHL level.

plz dont call hornquist horny
Sidstick87 and Savard96 liked this.
May 21, 2019 at 7:16 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
plz dont call hornquist horny

lol, i never remember if its quist or qvist ...thats why.. and its just his name here
SpaghettiPasta and Savard96 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll