Forums/Armchair-GM

Subban and big UFA-Flyers contend

Created by: AndrewLadd
Team: 2019-20 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: May 2, 2019
Published: May 2, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I think these moves are fair and would make the Flyers a dangerous team. I’m not a flyers fan so I’m not totally sure the value of each player so lmk if there should be any changes
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$800,000
1$750,000
3$2,250,000
6$6,250,000
5$4,200,000
3$1,800,000
2$1,675,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$8,200,000
2$1,125,000
Trades
NSH
  1. Patrick, Nolan
  2. 2020 5th round pick (PHI)
Additional Details:
Conditional 5th, if Nolan Patrick does not get at least 50 points it becomes a 1st Round Pick
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,000,000$74,355,555$0$345,000$8,644,445
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 3
$4,200,000$4,200,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$8,200,000$8,200,000
RW, C
UFA - 7
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C
RFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,675,000$1,675,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 6
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
RFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
$678,889$678,889
RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,345,000$2,345,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 2, 2019 at 9:09 a.m.
luketd
Frost won’t be ready next season. Don’t want PK if it means losing Patrick
May 2, 2019 at 9:12 a.m.
Quoting: luketd
Frost won’t be ready next season. Don’t want PK if it means losing Patrick

Nolan Patrick wouldn't get you Subban anyways
May 2, 2019 at 9:18 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: toddbertuzzi44

LMFAO, that is a joke right? Pretty sure NSH would take the massive cap savings everyday of the week. Now saying that, I wouldn't trade Patrick for him.
May 2, 2019 at 9:28 a.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles
LMFAO, that is a joke right? Pretty sure NSH would take the massive cap savings everyday of the week. Now saying that, I wouldn't trade Patrick for him.

LMFAO, no its not a joke. Nashville is trying to compete for the cup right now, there not going to trade PK, who is there number 1 Dman and would be a number 1 on almost every team in the NHL for a prospect who still hasn't proven himself at NHL level yet and wouldn't help them win right now. Cap space for what? They have a lot of players on really good contracts.
May 2, 2019 at 9:35 a.m.
Banned
LMFAO, no its not a joke. Nashville is trying to compete for the cup right now, there not going to trade PK, who is there number 1 Dman and would be a number 1 on almost every team in the NHL for a prospect who still hasn't proven himself at NHL level yet and wouldn't help them win right now. Cap space for what? They have a lot of players on really good contracts.

I think you and I see Nashville differently. There are on the downswing and are not competing for a Cup anytime soon. They have 1-2 forwards on good contracts and 2 D on good contracts (changes after next year). This team has missed it's window. And Subban is not their #1 D, Josi is.
Predcam liked this.
May 2, 2019 at 9:45 a.m.
I think you and I see Nashville differently. There are on the downswing and are not competing for a Cup anytime soon. They have 1-2 forwards on good contracts and 2 D on good contracts (changes after next year). This team has missed it's window. And Subban is not their #1 D, Josi is.

They haven't missed their window, No one that is a significant piece is even over 29. You could argue that they have two number 1's. My point was PK would be a number 1 on most teams.
LordFrahnk and TraderJoes liked this.
May 2, 2019 at 10:01 a.m.

popcorn
May 2, 2019 at 10:03 a.m.
Banned
They haven't missed their window, No one that is a significant piece is even over 29. You could argue that they have two number 1's. My point was PK would be a number 1 on most teams.

I don't care what their ages are. Their goalie is likely done after next year. Josi needs a big raise next year. Their forward group isn't very good. Ellis makes $6+ starting next year. If they don't win next year (they won't) then they are done.

As for Subban...his salary of $9 mil is way too high for what he is worth, not to mention he only put up 31 points last year.
May 2, 2019 at 10:23 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I don't care what their ages are. Their goalie is likely done after next year. Josi needs a big raise next year. Their forward group isn't very good. Ellis makes $6+ starting next year. If they don't win next year (they won't) then they are done.

As for Subban...his salary of $9 mil is way too high for what he is worth, not to mention he only put up 31 points last year.

Nashville is stale, in need of a blockbuster retool robbery, going to be tough to do though with big bad contracts on some of the main culprits, turris and subban, and also a few more could be argued, never quite agreed with buying a 4 million dollar checking centre from free agency. Got to figure out what saros is because pekka is fading, blueline is solid but also paid that way, and the forwards need a influx of cheap scoring
May 2, 2019 at 10:27 a.m.

Admittedly, I'm biased, but I also don't believe NSH's window is closed. For some perspective, the Preds won the Central. Albeit, the Central was a **** show, but they got the job done nonetheless with a 100 point regular season.

Keep in mind, this was done with a historically bad powerplay. If that powerplay is slightly below average instead of an absolute dumpster fire, the Preds could still be playing hockey. Not only was the powerplay horrendous, but they were also a one-line team. Opposing teams needed to shutdown Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson to be in a good position to win the game. With a surplus of defensemen, it makes sense to move one for some offensive firepower.
toddbertuzzi44 liked this.
May 2, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.

why is Rinne done after next year? he was still one of the top goalies in the league this season. He should be a good goalie at least for the next three years or so. How do you know his game is just gonna fall off a cliff after next season? Ok Josi gets a raise how does that make them done. The cap is gonna go up for 19-20 and then probably again in 20-21 because of seatle joining the league. Also they have some contracts coming off the books after next season. There cap situation is fine there not Toronto.
PK had 31 points in 63 games, not bad, look at his last 5 seasons, one slightly down year points wise doesn't just kill his value. He's only 29. Yeah you would like him to be on a little bit of a better contract but he's not overpaid if he went to UFA he would get 9 mil.
May 2, 2019 at 10:33 a.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
Nashville is stale, in need of a blockbuster retool robbery, going to be tough to do though with big bad contracts on some of the main culprits, turris and subban, and also a few more could be argued, never quite agreed with buying a 4 million dollar checking centre from free agency. Got to figure out what saros is because pekka is fading, blueline is solid but also paid that way, and the forwards need a influx of cheap scoring

i wouldn't say Rinne is fading, he just hasn't played good enough in the playoffs
May 2, 2019 at 10:36 a.m.
why is Rinne done after next year? he was still one of the top goalies in the league this season. He should be a good goalie at least for the next three years or so. How do you know his game is just gonna fall off a cliff after next season?

My gut is this is more about Rinne's desire to finish his career in Nashville. With the Seattle draft looming, are the Preds comfortable exposing Saros (who has been excellent) to keep Pekka? That scenario may be forcing his hand a tad.
May 2, 2019 at 10:43 a.m.
Banned
why is Rinne done after next year? he was still one of the top goalies in the league this season. He should be a good goalie at least for the next three years or so. How do you know his game is just gonna fall off a cliff after next season? Ok Josi gets a raise how does that make them done. The cap is gonna go up for 19-20 and then probably again in 20-21 because of seatle joining the league. Also they have some contracts coming off the books after next season. There cap situation is fine there not Toronto.
PK had 31 points in 63 games, not bad, look at his last 5 seasons, one slightly down year points wise doesn't just kill his value. He's only 29. Yeah you would like him to be on a little bit of a better contract but he's not overpaid if he went to UFA he would get 9 mil.

Subban - when players start to show signs of decline heading into their 30's and make $9 mil per, teams are not going to risk giving up a ton for that kind of risk.
Rinne - is currently 36. Most goalies don't play much beyond that age and if they do, they decline into a split/backup role. Rinne is the 4th (tied) oldest goalie in the league. Chances are he won't be at his caliber for long.
Josi is going to get a raise to $8+ and if NSH won't give that to him, someone will.

I didn't say they were in cap trouble but they won't be able to sign big name UFAs which they need to in order to get some offense. 1 offensive line doesn't win you much in the playoffs.
May 2, 2019 at 11:08 a.m.
Subban - when players start to show signs of decline heading into their 30's and make $9 mil per, teams are not going to risk giving up a ton for that kind of risk.
Rinne - is currently 36. Most goalies don't play much beyond that age and if they do, they decline into a split/backup role. Rinne is the 4th (tied) oldest goalie in the league. Chances are he won't be at his caliber for long.
Josi is going to get a raise to $8+ and if NSH won't give that to him, someone will.

I didn't say they were in cap trouble but they won't be able to sign big name UFAs which they need to in order to get some offense. 1 offensive line doesn't win you much in the playoffs.

Rinne may be old but his numbers were still in the top of league this year. Based on his play this season. I would say he still has 2-3 good seasons left. I think Nashville can find a replacement by then.
A lot of Defensemen are in or starting there prime when there 29. He didnt have that much of down year. he was on pace for 40 points if he would have played a full healthy season his numbers would have been similar to previous seasons. Like i said one slightly down year points wise with injuries doesn't kill his value as a player. He's got a lot good seasons left in him. Were going in circles. Would PK Subban be the best defensemen on the majority of the teams in the NHL? you know the answer is yes. Therefore Nolan patrick wouldn't get you a number 1 Dman.
May 2, 2019 at 11:23 a.m.
Banned
Rinne may be old but his numbers were still in the top of league this year. Based on his play this season. I would say he still has 2-3 good seasons left. I think Nashville can find a replacement by then.
A lot of Defensemen are in or starting there prime when there 29. He didnt have that much of down year. he was on pace for 40 points if he would have played a full healthy season his numbers would have been similar to previous seasons. Like i said one slightly down year points wise with injuries doesn't kill his value as a player. He's got a lot good seasons left in him. Were going in circles. Would PK Subban be the best defensemen on the majority of the teams in the NHL? you know the answer is yes. Therefore Nolan patrick wouldn't get you a number 1 Dman.

A 20 year old #2 OA pick with cost control for a long time...ya i'll keep him thanks! He has lots of time to become a really good player. If you have watched him, you can see flashes of what his capabilities are.
May 2, 2019 at 11:35 a.m.
A 20 year old #2 OA pick with cost control for a long time...ya i'll keep him thanks! He has lots of time to become a really good player. If you have watched him, you can see flashes of what his capabilities are.

Im not saying he won't be a good player. But as of right now all he has is cost control and solid potential. Until he proves more at the NHL level he's not worth a Number 1 Dman.
May 2, 2019 at 12:07 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe

Patrick’s junior owner just got the gm post in Vegas, so I’m guessing that phone call is being made to philly to attempt to pry some payroll relief out of philly and known players, he had provorov in junior also, but that would be a untouchable player
May 2, 2019 at 12:10 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Birtle34
Patrick’s junior owner just got the gm post in Vegas, so I’m guessing that phone call is being made to philly to attempt to pry some payroll relief out of philly and known players, he had provorov in junior also, but that would be a untouchable player

If they want Patrick, they better send Glass +
May 2, 2019 at 12:14 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
If they want Patrick, they better send Glass +

If I’m Vegas they got to try to find a home for Reilly smith 5 million or possibly millers contract off the blueline, crazy to me they are up against the cap so hard all ready. My wish list for my jets off philly would be Patrick and sanheim, but Chevy would need some magic to pull that trick off

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll