Forums/GM Game 2019-20

2019-20 GM Game - General Discussion

Sep 1 at 4:23
Calgary GM v3
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
Game = dead

Are there GM's who are considering leaving the game?
I know it's been dreadfully slow this summer, so more curious if thee will be people dropping out between now and the start of the season.
Sep 1 at 6:49
Maybe the real GM Game was the friends we made along the way
TMLSage, BuFfaLOFaN, rangersandislesfan and 1 other person liked this.
Sep 1 at 7:29
Quoting: flamesfan419
I know it's been dreadfully slow this summer, so more curious if thee will be people dropping out between now and the start of the season.

Meh, I've considered quitting at times. Don't really care about the game anymore to be honest.
Sep 2 at 1:38
I'm the Captain now
Sup nerds
Sep 2 at 7:54
rangersandislesfan

I really hope nobody quits just because of a small amount of action ... they'll probably want to rejoin in January lol.
Max liked this.
Sep 2 at 12:48
GM - Avalanche
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I really hope nobody quits just because of a small amount of action ... they'll probably want to rejoin in January lol.

The game always goes into a lull.

It should pick right back up come October (once the real NHL season starts).
rangersandislesfan and Daryl liked this.
Sep 2 at 1:14
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: TMLSage
The game always goes into a lull.

It should pick right back up come October (once the real NHL season starts).

More likely later this month to get ready for the season. I'd expect to see deals in the days before the season.
Sep 2 at 1:15
rangersandislesfan
I looked at the trade thread and i think we saw 11 or 12 trades in August ... so, it has been busy.
Sep 2 at 2:25
Oui non grille-pain
I looked at the trade thread and i think we saw 11 or 12 trades in August ... so, it has been busy.

That's not busy at all for GM Game standards.
Sep 2 at 5:32
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Icegirl
That's not busy at all for GM Game standards.

Not for the GM Game, but still very busy. Nobody is saying the real life NHL is dead and we're seeing almost no trades in real life this time of year.

The only time i care about seeing lots of deals in the GM Game (or real life) is around the trade deadline. Obviously, though, if there's a deal that makes sense for my team before then, i'll do it, and if i can't find any deals that make sense for my team at the TDL, i won't make deals then.

I don't make deals just to make deals, and I'm hoping things are busier at the TDL than they were the last few years. I think we saw like 10 trades or something this year on GM Game deadline day ... hopefully we see more in 2020.

But again, i don't think anyone should make a deal just to make a deal. That's just me, though.
Sep 2 at 9:34
GM - Avalanche
Not for the GM Game, but still very busy. Nobody is saying the real life NHL is dead and we're seeing almost no trades in real life this time of year.

The only time i care about seeing lots of deals in the GM Game (or real life) is around the trade deadline. Obviously, though, if there's a deal that makes sense for my team before then, i'll do it, and if i can't find any deals that make sense for my team at the TDL, i won't make deals then.

I don't make deals just to make deals, and I'm hoping things are busier at the TDL than they were the last few years. I think we saw like 10 trades or something this year on GM Game deadline day ... hopefully we see more in 2020.

But again, i don't think anyone should make a deal just to make a deal. That's just me, though.

Twitter.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Sep 3 at 7:48
Calgary GM v3
It doesn't help that we do things so much earlier than compared to real life.

We do the draft and all of free agency before it hits June. There will naturally be 3 months with nothing to do.
If we were to ever change one aspect of the game it would be to spread things out through the dead summer months. Even just a little.
We have so many stupid UFA contracts because we do it so far ahead of real life that there's nothing to base the numbers on.
As for the draft, there's no reason we couldn't do it a bit later. It still comes down to who each of us want to select and real life has no effect on that.
Sep 3 at 8:12
rangersandislesfan
It doesn't help that we do things so much earlier than compared to real life.

We do the draft and all of free agency before it hits June. There will naturally be 3 months with nothing to do.
If we were to ever change one aspect of the game it would be to spread things out through the dead summer months. Even just a little.
We have so many stupid UFA contracts because we do it so far ahead of real life that there's nothing to base the numbers on.
As for the draft, there's no reason we couldn't do it a bit later. It still comes down to who each of us want to select and real life has no effect on that.

What do you mean there's nothing to base the numbers on? If we wait until after IRL FA what's the point? Real life has so many bad contracts at FA that it's good to make bids based on what the player is worth in each team's opinion.
Sep 3 at 8:18
rangersandislesfan
Also, if IRL FA was before FA in the game, i know this is an RFA but if I couldn't sign him for any less, i still would've paid Labanc what i did (4.65M i believe) ...

Maybe RFAs should go after IRL UFAs and the team needs to either give the player that much OR work out a new deal with a BOG member (most likely with different term), and then UFA could be after that (Not because i think UFA in-game needs to be after real-life UFA, just 'cause i think it should be after the RFAs).

So, this could work to do UFA after IRL. The only problem is the RFAs because sometimes teams won't be able to get them signed if they haven't signed IRL (Use Marner and Point as examples).
Sep 3 at 8:19
rangersandislesfan
To tell the truth, i'm not a big fan of the rule in the game where if RFAs are not signed, they go to UFA. I understand them going to UFA if not qualified, but i think teams should get more time to sign the player and do it like real life. If still not signed by Dec 1, the player sits out the season and the team keeps his RFA rights. Just my opinion, though.
TMLSage liked this.
Sep 4 at 9:52
I thought v5 automatically started after Derrick Pouliot’s value became a 2nd and a 3rd rounds pick worth
hanson493, TMLSage, Gronk and 4 others liked this.
Sep 4 at 12:38
Oui non grille-pain
Minnesota Wild
Does anyone have a good RHD prospect in v3? That's one of the final pieces I needed there before it ended; if anyone has a viable RD prospect that they don't care about following for posterity, please let me know.
Sep 4 at 3:50
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: MrBooth
I thought v5 automatically started after Derrick Pouliot’s value became a 2nd and a 3rd rounds pick worth

You mean v6?
Sep 4 at 3:50
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Icegirl
Minnesota Wild
Does anyone have a good RHD prospect in v3? That's one of the final pieces I needed there before it ended; if anyone has a viable RD prospect that they don't care about following for posterity, please let me know.

Are you an AGM in v4 yet?
Sep 4 at 4:28
Oui non grille-pain
Are you an AGM in v4 yet?

Yes; I'm CAR's AGM.
Sep 5 at 5:57
Calgary GM v3
Quoting: MrBooth

I had no other choice, I didn't have a 1st rd pick left smile
Let's not also forget, Nazim Kadri fetched 2 x 1st rd picks in game. So just imagine where the price point starts when I move Monahan this year.
Sep 5 at 6:05
@Pointerr21
Let's not also forget, Nazim Kadri fetched 2 x 1st rd picks in game. So just imagine where the price point starts when I move Monahan this year.

A 4rd and givani smith for monabad?
Icegirl liked this.
Sep 5 at 7:10

given history... you'll trade Monahan for 4 1sts (Thanks Booth), then move 2 firsts for a 3rd line RW (Looking at James Neal, could have a ok year if he plays with McDaddy), then move another 1st for a heart guy (Reaver?), then use the last 1st in a package with Ritter for a B-Tier Goalie (Dubnyk). Then you will move Dubnyk when he eventually "Sugar Honey Iced Tea (Thanks CF censoring)" the bed.

Then once the Flames are free from anyone not named Tkachuk, we will start V5.

Then repeat cycle of taking advantage of newbies, C-Tier GMs, and making super teams all over again.

On a side note, if you ask the Toronto GM for Roslovic, the going rate is a 7th (that is after his assets unfreeze from that horrendus Rakell trade with A_K)

When does A_K take advantage of others... I guess the BOG took all the nice away from him.
Gronk and Icegirl liked this.
Sep 5 at 7:54
Let'sGoBlues | WPGv4
Quoting: jmac490

On a side note, if you ask the Toronto GM for Roslovic, the going rate is a 7th (that is after his assets unfreeze from that horrendus Rakell trade with A_K)

When does A_K take advantage of others... I guess the BOG took all the nice away from him.

Easy JMac! I had a few good offers involving Roslovic and Bobby Nops knew what he was interested in. But yes, the BOG did sour me a little.
Sep 5 at 9:29
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: jmac490
given history... you'll trade Monahan for 4 1sts (Thanks Booth), then move 2 firsts for a 3rd line RW (Looking at James Neal, could have a ok year if he plays with McDaddy), then move another 1st for a heart guy (Reaver?), then use the last 1st in a package with Ritter for a B-Tier Goalie (Dubnyk). Then you will move Dubnyk when he eventually "Sugar Honey Iced Tea (Thanks CF censoring)" the bed.

Then once the Flames are free from anyone not named Tkachuk, we will start V5.

Then repeat cycle of taking advantage of newbies, C-Tier GMs, and making super teams all over again.

When does v6 start?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll