Forums/GM Game 2019-20

2019-20 GM Game - General Discussion

Oct 23 at 8:04
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: Daryl
Okay so I just wanted to put out an idea I had that could make the game better.

I think we can all agree that the two biggest hindrances to the game are: inactive GM's and terrible trades that don't get reversed.

All of us like to get angry at the BOG members when a certain GM goes MIA, or a trade passes that we think shouldn't. However, I think it's unfair of us to have even placed this responsibility on a handful of people in the first place.

First off, with the issue of bad trades. I would suggest that we remove it from the BOG's jurisdiction entirely. My idea (up for debate) would be to have a system, in which, if a minimum of 5-10 GM's submit a complaint to the BOG (on a public forum on CF, not Twitter) that they believe a trade should be reverted, then it will be the BOG's responsibility to open a public vote (similar platform to what Booth used last week), in which all GM's have a 24 hour period to vote on the deal. This would be similar to fantasy sports, where league managers have a time frame to vote on whether certain trades pass or not.

I believe this system would remove severe pressure from the BOG, and allow the GM Game market to flow more freely and realistically with the opinions of each GM being considered.

With regards to inactive GM's.... they need to go. I wouldn't suggest a public voting system to fire GM's, as that would be easily corrupted. However, I strongly petition that the BOG tighten activity rules. If you're going to be inactive for a time frame, that's fine, just let us all know. However, if you don't have the time or desire to be able to reply to people's trade inquiries within 24 hours. Please quit the game.

I haven't thought far enough ahead as to how we can better regulate inactive GM's, but I had hoped to at least open discussion.

In all, I really think a public voting system on trades would be far more realistic, efficient, and far less controversial.

K
TMLSage and higgs31 liked this.
Oct 23 at 8:06

I think we can all agree that the two biggest hindrances to the game are: inactive GM's and terrible trades that don't get reversed.

All of us like to get angry at the BOG members when a certain GM goes MIA, or a trade passes that we think shouldn't. However, I think it's unfair of us to have even placed this responsibility on a handful of people in the first place.

First off, with the issue of bad trades. I would suggest that we remove it from the BOG's jurisdiction entirely. My idea (up for debate) would be to have a system, in which, if a minimum of 5-10 GM's submit a complaint to the BOG (on a public forum on CF, not Twitter) that they believe a trade should be reverted, then it will be the BOG's responsibility to open a public vote (similar platform to what Booth used last week), in which all GM's have a 24 hour period to vote on the deal. This would be similar to fantasy sports, where league managers have a time frame to vote on whether certain trades pass or not.

I believe this system would remove severe pressure from the BOG, and allow the GM Game market to flow more freely and realistically with the opinions of each GM being considered.

With regards to inactive GM's.... they need to go. I wouldn't suggest a public voting system to fire GM's, as that would be easily corrupted. However, I strongly petition that the BOG tighten activity rules. If you're going to be inactive for a time frame, that's fine, just let us all know. However, if you don't have the time or desire to be able to reply to people's trade inquiries within 24 hours. Please quit the game.

I haven't thought far enough ahead as to how we can better regulate inactive GM's, but I had hoped to at least open discussion.

In all, I really think a public voting system on trades would be far more realistic, efficient, and far less controversial.

Big if true
Oct 23 at 8:21
Quebec GM v4

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VNV5V23

Do this. Roll tide.
Daryl and A_K liked this.
Oct 24 at 10:15
Stars GM for V3
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Wasn't going to respond. Wanted to wait and see what people thought. Are we incapable of gathering feedback without surveys now?
Oct 25 at 7:57
Quoting: ricochetii
Wasn't going to respond. Wanted to wait and see what people thought. Are we incapable of gathering feedback without surveys now?

giphy.gif
Oct 25 at 1:13
we can.. and we will
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Are the results in for this yet?
TMLSage and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct 25 at 7:01
we can.. and we will
Delete
Oct 26 at 9:14
Timashov, boedker, woll and bobrovski on the block. Looking to get picks and another goalie.
Oct 27 at 1:33
Go Jackets
Ottawa Senators

Foligno, Ryan, Marleau*, Duclair, Thornton, Nichushkin, Gagner, Zack Smith, Kris Russell, and Craig Anderson are all available.

*50% Salary Retention available

**Retention available on others in the right offer. Inquire on team page or via twitter. Desired return is picks/ unsigned player rights. Exact price depends on the player involved.
TMLSage liked this.
Oct 28 at 9:00
we can.. and we will
I've decided to leave the game. Just a lot going on in real life, and I've realized this game is simply taking to much of the limited time that I have each day. Been loads of fun, and I'm not ruling out the possibility of returning again one day.

If he's willing, I'd recommend my AGM: @Gerber14. To take over the team.
BuFfaLOFaN and matt59 liked this.
Oct 28 at 9:29
Vancouver Canucks Press Release:

The Vancouver Canucks organization is pleased to announce that @Daryl is officially the Assistant General Manager and Senior Vice President of the team. The club looks forward to the addition of a veteran executive and former general manager to their already loaded management roster.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct 28 at 10:35
New York Rangers

Trying to win is boring af. Having a firesale. Nobody off limits. But I don't have set prices so don't ask me what I want. Just make offers.
Oct 28 at 10:38
@Pointerr21
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
New York Rangers

Trying to win is boring af. Having a firesale. Nobody off limits. But I don't have set prices so don't ask me what I want. Just make offers.

Senko for Daley. Daley isnt injured rn so he's the better player
Bo53Horvat liked this.
Oct 28 at 10:42
Quoting: Pointerr21
Senko for Daley. Daley isnt injured rn so he's the better player

I'll have to add then
Oct 29 at 12:18
I'm the Captain now
I've decided to leave the game. Just a lot going on in real life, and I've realized this game is simply taking to much of the limited time that I have each day. Been loads of fun, and I'm not ruling out the possibility of returning again one day.

Hope you fail school
Oct 29 at 12:23
@Pointerr21
I've decided to leave the game. Just a lot going on in real life, and I've realized this game is simply taking to much of the limited time that I have each day. Been loads of fun, and I'm going to suffer a relapse by the end of the year and return to the game.

Fixed
Oct 29 at 8:42
we can.. and we will
Quoting: Pointerr21
Fixed

I mean, you’re probably not wrong.
Oct 29 at 10:38
rangersandislesfan

It's been great having you in the game. Thanks for playing and I hope you return at some point!

Will you still have time to post with your double accounts? Sticking Out Tongue
Daryl and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct 31 at 9:03
taking offers in Auston Matthews. not guaranteed he is going to get moved, just want to see the offers in him.
Oct 31 at 5:34
New York Rangers

Looking to move Tarasenko for another top line forward that will actually be getting me points for the next 5 months. Willing to add for the right player.
Oct 31 at 6:00
GM - Avalanche
New York Rangers

Looking to move Tarasenko for another top line forward that will actually be getting me points for the next 5 months. Willing to add for the right player.

So your trading a top line player that won't play for a top line that will play...

Whats the add?
Oct 31 at 8:22
Quoting: TMLSage
So your trading a top line player that won't play for a top line that will play...

Whats the add?

Depends on the player
Oct 31 at 8:40
GM - Avalanche
Depends on the player

Say you get an identical player to Tarasenko, but healthy.
Are you trying to do a 1 4 1 deal.
Or would you pay for the missed season worth of points... and if so. What is that payment looking like, assuming an identical healthy player. Is that a 1st round pick or?
Nov 1 at 12:02
Quoting: TMLSage
Say you get an identical player to Tarasenko, but healthy.
Are you trying to do a 1 4 1 deal.
Or would you pay for the missed season worth of points... and if so. What is that payment looking like, assuming an identical healthy player. Is that a 1st round pick or?

I would pay
Nov 1 at 12:03
I'm the Captain now
I would pay

I just got Higgs' mom on fish4**** so I can pay that
Bo53Horvat liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option