Forums/GM Game 2019-20

2019-20 GM Game - General Discussion

Nov 6 at 5:59
Calgary GM v3
Quoting: phillyjabroni
@Zach @DontToewsMe19 @l9guysports @Rodzikhockey93 @Gronk @Mr_Cap @flamesfan419 @mhockey91 @TMLSage @ricochetii @Pointerr21 @Dylan1995 @Math @PlNHL @GhostBear @unbjoncar @Daryl @Higgs31@HallforHart @bo53horvat @Matt59 @Turner33 @eklund29 @phillyjabroni @rangersandislesfan @krakowitz @TabooPenguo @Pross @MrBooth @DirtyDangles @A_K @PattyMack88 @monops19 @Icegirl @Max

The Results of the BOG Voting:

Bo53Horvat - 10
Gronk - 10
phillyjabroni - 10
Icegirl - 4
Max - 4
TMLSage - 2
GhostBear - 1

Due to the tie, we will have a runoff vote between Bo53Horvat, Gronk, and phillyjabroni. We will release a poll later tonight with the details of the voting.

This is likely impossible, but can we get some sort of guarantee that people won't up and quit the BOG for at least the remainder of this season?

I already know my thoughts never go over well with the group, but didn't 2 of the nominees recently quit the BOG earlier this year?
For the sake of the game I'm just saying we need a sense of commitment and consistency in the decisions being made.

This is in no way an attack on any of the GM's named above. I would like to think I have a fairly good online rappore with each of them despite the obvious differences we each share that sometimes may get misunderstood at times.

Just a final personal thought/opinion, but I really don't want this to turn into an online version of the Oilers "Ole Boys Club" since it usually ends up being the same group of people who get "voted" in to be the leaders of the pack. If a time ever comes that I have an issue that is need of being resolved, all I ask for is that it be handled in a mature fasion and that the other side is able to see and respect my opinions....which does not mean back down, but rather discuss the concern and be open to each parties thoughts.
Nov 6 at 6:09
NBABound
Quoting: flamesfan419
This is likely impossible, but can we get some sort of guarantee that people won't up and quit the BOG for at least the remainder of this season?

I already know my thoughts never go over well with the group, but didn't 2 of the nominees recently quit the BOG earlier this year?
For the sake of the game I'm just saying we need a sense of commitment and consistency in the decisions being made.

This is in no way an attack on any of the GM's named above. I would like to think I have a fairly good online rappore with each of them despite the obvious differences we each share that sometimes may get misunderstood at times.

Just a final personal thought/opinion, but I really don't want this to turn into an online version of the Oilers "Ole Boys Club" since it usually ends up being the same group of people who get "voted" in to be the leaders of the pack. If a time ever comes that I have an issue that is need of being resolved, all I ask for is that it be handled in a mature fasion and that the other side is able to see and respect my opinions....which does not mean back down, but rather discuss the concern and be open to each parties thoughts.

Everyone's opinion is welcomed, the current BOG is always taking all things into consideration. Yes they did and you aren't wrong in terms of the commitment and consistency being made has to be better which in fact the BOG will figure out a way to honour both criteria's. I believe the community likes a revote every few months to keep the members of the BOG in check. This is where this vote comes into play with the leave of L9 from the BOG last month.

You're in luck because everyone on the BOG or in the running hates the Oilers.

- BOG
flamesfan419 liked this.
Nov 6 at 7:21
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: flamesfan419

If I'm being honest, I left because starting school. Now that I have time, I'll be here more often. Another reason why I left was the backlash we as a BOG received. I think that's why 4 BOG members did leave in v4.
flamesfan419 liked this.
Nov 6 at 7:39
If I recall correctly the majority of the BOG stepped down because AK was done and nobody else wanted to actually do the work
Mr_cap and TMLSage liked this.
Nov 6 at 7:58
Quoting: Max
If I recall correctly the majority of the BOG stepped down because AK was done and nobody else wanted to actually do the work

Gronk and I mentioned leaving far before AK, just so you know.
Nov 6 at 8:00
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
Gronk and I mentioned leaving far before AK, just so you know.

Excuses excuses
Nov 6 at 8:06
NBABound
Quoting: Gronk
If I'm being honest, I left because starting school. Now that I have time, I'll be here more often. Another reason why I left was the backlash we as a BOG received. I think that's why 4 BOG members did leave in v4.

One must learn how to deal with pressure. Take it as you will.
Nov 6 at 8:45
TBL GM and BOG v4
Excuses excuses

I can get evidence if you'd like because unlike the other originals, I'm still here.
Gronk liked this.
Nov 6 at 8:46
I'm the Captain now
Excuses excuses

I think it was first justin, then myself and Glenn, then AK
Bo53Horvat liked this.
Nov 6 at 9:19
Calgary GM v3
I still hold the record of being the only BOG member kicked out because a petulant group threw a temper tantrum and threatened to QUIT the game if I was removed smile smile

And yet I still did the mature thing and stuck around.
Max and TMLSage liked this.
Nov 7 at 7:35
Oui non grille-pain
Quoting: Mr_cap
@Zach @DontToewsMe19 @l9guysports @Rodzikhockey93 @Gronk @Mr_Cap @flamesfan419 @mhockey91 @TMLSage @ricochetii @Pointerr21 @Dylan1995 @Math @PlNHL @GhostBear @unbjoncar @Daryl @Higgs31@HallforHart @bo53horvat @Matt59 @Turner33 @eklund29 @phillyjabroni @rangersandislesfan @krakowitz @TabooPenguo @Pross @MrBooth @DirtyDangles @A_K @PattyMack88 @monops19 @Icegirl @Max @hanson493

Multiple people trying to bypass the voting system again so a re-vote will commence as of right now. YOU MUST DM ME ON TWITTER (@TityBoiCap) OR EMAIL ME IF YOU DONT HAVE TWITTER (hiphop24hiphop@gmail.com) to vote.

CANDIDATES:
Nick D (PHILLYJABRONI)
Anthony (GRONK)
Dylan G (BO53HORVAT)

Votes close later in the evening (NOVEMBER 7th) at 9pm EST!!!!

To clear things up with the community as it should be known that the two individuals that interfered with the voting the day prior are MrBooth and TMLSage based on empirical evidence found by the BOG through the SurveyMonkey and conversations from other GMs.

Apologies to those who voted in a proper manner.

Thanks,
BOG

Posting to confirm that I strongly condemn these actions. All they did was delegitimize me. A sarcastic thanks to whichever of you two cast those phony votes for me.
GhostBear and Mr_cap liked this.
Nov 7 at 8:12
we can.. and we will
Damn.

I'm gone for a week and all hell breaks loose.
Earfgang liked this.
Nov 7 at 8:22
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: Daryl
Damn.

I'm gone for a week and all hell breaks loose.

Vote Gronk
monops19 liked this.
Nov 7 at 8:46
Vote Gronk

And Dylan
monops19 liked this.
Nov 7 at 8:54
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
And Dylan

But mainly Gronk
Max liked this.
Nov 7 at 8:54
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: Icegirl
Posting to confirm that I strongly condemn these actions. All they did was delegitimize me. A sarcastic thanks to whichever of you two cast those phony votes for me.

Ok Boomer
Pointerr21 and Max liked this.
Nov 7 at 9:18
we can.. and we will
Ok Boomer

#VoteGlenn
Bo53Horvat liked this.
Nov 7 at 9:24
I'm the Captain now
#VoteGlenn

Its all fun and games until you realize that I'm talking with myself and Glenn now has no hope
Daryl and Bo53Horvat liked this.
Nov 7 at 9:30
Not trying to start anything but the childishness, like the above comments (back and forth nonsense that happens in multiple threads) should disqualify certain people from running.
Nov 7 at 9:34
Alex Higgins
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Not trying to start anything but the childishness, like the above comments (back and forth nonsense that happens in multiple threads) should disqualify certain people from running.

I agree, #CapOut
Nov 7 at 10:20
Quoting: DirtyDangles

Damn, way to ruin the fun, eh?
Nov 7 at 10:22
we can.. and we will
Okay, I'm bored, who wants an AGM?

New twitter = @Daryl_c137

DM me.
Gronk liked this.
Nov 7 at 10:56
I'm the Captain now
Okay, I'm bored, who wants an AGM?

New twitter = @Daryl_c137