2019-20 GM Game - General Discussion

May 27, 2019 at 10:07
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: flamesfan419
This game is so outta whack right now.
I wish I could trade a 12 pt Dman for a 34 pt winger straight up

?
May 28, 2019 at 1:49
Since I'm really good at doing the trades, I thought I'd make a little helpful guide to help the newer folk out with making the trades.

Dont Make Trades For No Reason
Every trade you make should be done with a goal in mind, are you rebuilding? then dont trade for Erik Karlsson. Are you trying to stay competitive? then dont trade Erik Karlsson.

This Isnt NHL19
Quantity does not always equal quality. Unlike the video games three 4th round picks dont actually equal a 1st rounder

Dont Be Afraid To Ask Others
Not sure what a players value is in game? Ask other people what they'd offer in hypothetical trade for said player. you might realize you are undervaluing or overvaluing a player

Get an AGM
Having an Assistant General Manager (agm for short) can help you because more heads are better at finding potential trades and finding the flaws in those same potential trades.

Think Before You Act
Thinking about doing a trade but you arent 100% sure about it? Ask if the other person is willing to wait a day or two for you to think it through fully, chances are they will agree to wait.

Does The Trade Help You
If you cant instantly figure out multiple ways the deal helps you, chances are you dont need to do it

Dont Settle
If you need something trade for it and not something similar to what you need. Dont trade for lesser players just because the other team wouldn't give up anybody of value.

not all of theses ideas need to be followed at all times, but using one or two will help you from making bad choices and making trades you'll regret soon after.
Gronk, Bo53Horvat, l9guysports and 1 other person liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 1:50
Justin_2t1
Quoting: Max
Since I'm really good at doing the trades, I thought I'd make a little helpful guide to help the newer folk out with making the trades.

Every trade you make should be done with a goal in mind, are you rebuilding? then dont trade for Erik Karlsson. Are you trying to stay competitive? then dont trade Erik Karlsson.

This Isnt NHL19
Quantity does not always equal quality. Unlike the video games three 4th round picks dont actually equal a 1st rounder

Not sure what a players value is in game? Ask other people what they'd offer in hypothetical trade for said player. you might realize you are undervaluing or overvaluing a player

Get an AGM
Having an Assistant General Manager (agm for short) can help you because more heads are better at finding potential trades and finding the flaws in those same potential trades.

Think Before You Act
Thinking about doing a trade but you arent 100% sure about it? Ask if the other person is willing to wait a day or two for you to think it through fully, chances are they will agree to wait.

Does The Trade Help You
If you cant instantly figure out multiple ways the deal helps you, chances are you dont need to do it

Dont Settle
If you need something trade for it and not something similar to what you need. Dont trade for lesser players just because the other team wouldn't give up anybody of value.

not all of theses ideas need to be followed at all times, but using one or two will help you from making bad choices and making trades you'll regret soon after.

No mention of Lucic 0/10
Max, Pross and rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 1:52
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
No mention of Lucic 0/10

If he wasn’t already traded I 100% would’ve tried to find a way to advertise him
May 28, 2019 at 12:29
GM - Avalanche
Quoting: A_K
@MrBooth @unbjoncar this trade has been reversed. For VAN, it will still count as a trade versus the offseason limit of 20.

Can someone explain the reasoning on why this trade was reversed but the Quick was not?
May 28, 2019 at 12:33
retain deez nuts
Quoting: TMLSage
Can someone explain the reasoning on why this trade was reversed but the Quick was not?

1. The Quick trade was posted late last night, so I'd assume not everyone has even been on CF since then.

2. How exactly was it unfair?
May 28, 2019 at 12:49
GM - Avalanche
Quoting: Gronk
1. The Quick trade was posted late last night, so I'd assume not everyone has even been on CF since then.

2. How exactly was it unfair?

It isn't. It is almost the identical trade to what Booth paid for Gallagher.
May 28, 2019 at 1:12
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
No mention of Lucic 0/10

If he wasn’t already traded I 100% would’ve tried to find a way to advertise him

This Isnt NHL19

Get an AGM

Think Before You Act

Does The Trade Help You

Dont Settle

Don't trade for Lucic
If Max offers you Lucic, don't take it unless you're getting a lot for taking him. But don't trade away picks straight up for Lucic and that horrible contract.

@Max I added 1 more
Max and EmpressKayla liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 1:12
Black Lives Matter
So, does Boston go 31st in the draft because they're up 1-0 in the final?
Pross liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 1:25
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
@Max I added 1 more

Lucic is already gone
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 1:27
Black Lives Matter
Lucic is already gone

I found the first 8 words of your long post pretty funny. Idk why lol.
Max liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 1:31
I found the first 8 words of your long post pretty funny. Idk why lol.

It’s funny because it’s true
May 28, 2019 at 2:25
Might be looking to trade Craig Smith and Pekka RInne. Let me know
May 28, 2019 at 4:10
Dumba OTB. Looking to deal by end of day
May 28, 2019 at 9:05

This Isnt NHL19

Get an AGM

Think Before You Act

Does The Trade Help You

Dont Settle

@Bo53Horvat in my totally unbiased opinion, this should be in its own thread so that it doesn’t get lost forever and can be a reference for new people forever
Bo53Horvat liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 9:35
@Bo53Horvat in my totally unbiased opinion, this should be in its own thread so that it doesn’t get lost forever and can be a reference for new people forever

Hahaha, I'll think abt it
Max liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 9:43
Black Lives Matter
So, does Boston go 31st in the draft because they're up 1-0 in the final?
Pross liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 9:48
retain deez nuts
May 28, 2019 at 9:49
retain deez nuts
@rangersandislesfan ^that was intentional... Boston will pick 32nd and STL will pick 31st. Based on Reg. Szn record
May 28, 2019 at 9:51
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Gronk
@rangersandislesfan ^that was intentional... Boston will pick 32nd and STL will pick 31st. Based on Reg. Szn record

I was forgetting there were 32 picks in the draft in-game lol. That's why i said 31st.
Gronk liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 11:12
GM - Avalanche
Colorado Avalanche
Andrej Sekera

Edmonton Oilers
Samuel Girard
May 28, 2019 at 11:13
Quoting: TMLSage
Colorado Avalanche
Andrej Sekera

Edmonton Oilers
Samuel Girard

Wrong thread dumb****
May 28, 2019 at 11:17
GM - Avalanche
Colorado Avalanche

Joe Sakic has made is abundtly clear that I am to trade the 5th overall selection for a quality NHL player.
In addition, we are looking to improve our goal-tending and offensive abilities.
May 29, 2019 at 12:00
TBL GM and BOG v4
Tampa Bay Lightning

I'm looking to make some more cap space so J.T. Miller, Yanni Gourde, Alex Killorn, and Tyler Johnson are available for cheaper replacements with term.
May 29, 2019 at 3:34
retain deez nuts
If anyone wants Jordan Staal you can have him

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll