Forums/GM Game 2019-20

2019-20 GM Game - General Discussion

May 12, 2019 at 12:17
Oui non grille-pain
Vegas Golden Knights
I'm filing my retirement papers.

Before we go any further, the Stone trade is NOT the sole reason, or even the primary reason. It is, however, an indicator of what I've been feeling ever since the transition to v4. My heart is not here like it once as, and I am not taking the game as seriously anymore. I've wanted to retire on multiple previous occasions but always managed to find an excuse not to. But this time, no more crying wolf, and no more excuses: my run here is over for the time being.

My reputation has been dropping since 2018 as well. I've always meant well but it never seemed to come across as intended, so apologies to anyone I might've alienated or otherwise pissed off in the process. I'll stick around in the chat if anyone wants an AGM, or if they're just looking for general trade advice. Above all, though, it's been a very fun two years. My full time job begin next week as well, so chances are I might lack the time for this in the future anyway.

Thanks for everything, and long live the GM game.
Gronk, Turner33 and Mr_cap liked this.
May 12, 2019 at 12:22
Quoting: Icegirl
Vegas Golden Knights

Before we go any further, the Stone trade is NOT the sole reason, or even the primary reason. It is, however, an indicator of what I've been feeling ever since the transition to v4. My heart is not here like it once as, and I am not taking the game as seriously anymore. I've wanted to retire on multiple previous occasions but always managed to find an excuse not to. But this time, no more crying wolf, and no more excuses: my run here is over for the time being.

My reputation has been dropping since 2018 as well. I've always meant well but it never seemed to come across as intended, so apologies to anyone I might've alienated or otherwise pissed off in the process. I'll stick around in the chat if anyone wants an AGM, or if they're just looking for general trade advice. Above all, though, it's been a very fun two years. My full time job begin next week as well, so chances are I might lack the time for this in the future anyway.

Ya hired. You ain't leaving that easily Kayla.
Turner33 and EmpressKayla liked this.
May 12, 2019 at 2:08
rangersandislesfan
Vegas Golden Knights

Thanks for all the time you've put into the game. You've been in the game since v1 and it'll be weird not having you in the game. Good luck with your job. smile
EmpressKayla liked this.
May 12, 2019 at 2:08
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
Detroit Red Wings

Hal Gill

69 years x $6,969,420

Now I do

That'll be a terrible contract when he's no longer alive.
May 12, 2019 at 6:40
Stars GM for V3
Who do I talk to about getting back into the GM Game chat on Twitter?
May 12, 2019 at 7:59
Go Jackets
Quoting: ricochetii
Who do I talk to about getting back into the GM Game chat on Twitter?

Says you’re still in it? Not showing up on your end?
Gronk liked this.
May 12, 2019 at 9:51
Stars GM for V3
Quoting: matt59
Says you’re still in it? Not showing up on your end?

It is now. It wasn't earlier.
I had 3 message notifications, but when I went to check what they were, there was nothing new/unread and the chat was missing.
I don't know twitter so I just figured the notifications were from the chat that was no longer appearing and that I'd lost connection to the chat somehow.
Dunno. All better now.
matt59 liked this.
May 12, 2019 at 11:21
Calgary GM v4
According to the schedule, May 10 - June 18 is blocked off for RFA extensions.
Does that mean we can do ALL our RFAs now? It'd be nice to get them over with if so.
May 12, 2019 at 11:58
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: flamesfan419
According to the schedule, May 10 - June 18 is blocked off for RFA extensions.
Does that mean we can do ALL our RFAs now? It'd be nice to get them over with if so.

We were going to announce when you can start once each division rep has time...
May 12, 2019 at 7:56
GM - Avalanche
Quoting: Gronk
We were going to announce when you can start once each division rep has time...

I'll be your rep Gronk effective May 27. wink
May 12, 2019 at 8:10
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: TMLSage
I'll be your rep Gronk effective May 27. wink

That's not how it works you goof
May 13, 2019 at 12:11
Oui non grille-pain
Vegas Golden Knights

I will say this, though:

1. The leaders being overly restrictive was one of the reasons why v2 ended back in the day...
2. You were so desperate for viable GMs that you brought back a guy who calls women c*nts and has no shame in it. Granted, my own viability is up for debate at this point in time, but you've got a vacancy either way.

I do apologize if this rubs anyone the wrong way, and I mean that sincerely. I just need to get this off my chest too.
Pross and TonyStrecher liked this.
May 13, 2019 at 12:40
rangersandislesfan
I will say this, though:

1. The leaders being overly restrictive was one of the reasons why v2 ended back in the day...
2. You were so desperate for viable GMs that you brought back a guy who calls women c*nts and has no shame in it. Granted, my own viability is up for debate at this point in time, but you've got a vacancy either way.

I do apologize if this rubs anyone the wrong way, and I mean that sincerely. I just need to get this off my chest too.

I'll just say that I have no problem with anything you did. I just hope everyone in the game can get along and I think for the most part everyone does.
May 13, 2019 at 2:19
This may also come to the surprise of many and may even be deemed rash.

I am leaving the GM Game effective immediately. I will also be deactivating Twitter in the early afternoon on May 13th.

If youd still like to connect me by other means, please let me know beforehand so that we can be in contact.

- Jmac
May 13, 2019 at 4:12
NBABound
I am also leav.. nah jk but forreal @jmac490 STTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY
May 13, 2019 at 9:02
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: jmac490
This may also come to the surprise of many and may even be deemed rash.

I am leaving the GM Game effective immediately. I will also be deactivating Twitter in the early afternoon on May 13th.

If youd still like to connect me by other means, please let me know beforehand so that we can be in contact.

- Jmac

Alright wtf is going on
Daryl, rangersandislesfan and Pross liked this.
May 13, 2019 at 9:05
GM of V4 NJD
Alright wtf is going on

Sooooo.....

V5?
Gronk and TMLSage liked this.
May 13, 2019 at 9:08
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: Daryl
Sooooo.....

V5?

I have no clue but GMs are dropping like flies
Daryl and rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 13, 2019 at 11:14
rangersandislesfan
Just something i'd like to say:
I get if GMs have something important that will take up most of their time. If there's something very important happening IRL I get that, but if GMs are leaving because they "aren't enjoying the game" or "are getting bored" could they at least wait until after the expansion draft, FA, entry draft, etc? Either that or could you not leave the game until you have a replacement?

I mean, if it's something really important IRL that cannot wait then that's okay, but unless it's something really important that's the reason for leaving the game, then i mean, I have no problem with someone saying "I'll be leaving the game after we find a new GM for this team. Until then, I will remain as the GM." At least this time of year when there's lots going on in the game.

Just my own opinion.
Pross, Max, tylerpaluzzi35 and 1 other person liked this.
May 13, 2019 at 12:37
You were so desperate for viable GMs that you brought back a guy who calls women c*nts and has no shame in it. Granted, my own viability is up for debate at this point in time, but you've got a vacancy either way.

I feel like this might be directed towards me.
May 13, 2019 at 12:43
I'm the Captain now
I will say this, though:

We brought back GMs who arent newbies and wouldnt destroy their teams in the first 3 trades. We made the right decision. It is up to you or whoever this may concern, to just grow up and 1. Dont speak to that GM(s), or 2. Just totally ignore it. Obviously there are certain people in this game that just cant grow up or act mature and they take things further than they ever should have gotten, and that's why we have these situations. Like I can tell you right now. I have no clue if Dan or L9 are still in school or not, but for myself and Dylan (G), it's a pain in the ass to deal with all this extra bs that shouldn't be here. Like we both made commitments to the game and the BOG, and yet all we get is more problems brought up which shouldn't have started.
Daryl and tylerpaluzzi35 liked this.
May 13, 2019 at 12:51
GM of V4 NJD
We brought back GMs who arent newbies and wouldnt destroy their teams in the first 3 trades. We made the right decision. It is up to you or whoever this may concern, to just grow up and 1. Dont speak to that GM(s), or 2. Just totally ignore it. Obviously there are certain people in this game that just cant grow up or act mature and they take things further than they ever should have gotten, and that's why we have these situations. Like I can tell you right now. I have no clue if Dan or L9 are still in school or not, but for myself and Dylan (G), it's a pain in the ass to deal with all this extra bs that shouldn't be here. Like we both made commitments to the game and the BOG, and yet all we get is more problems brought up which shouldn't have started.

What my double is saying...

Don't get offended when some petty Twitter user living on the other side of North America calls you names. All this drama is 100% avoidable if more people were willing to take the high road and just move on. Let's all stop getting offended when internet strangers hurt our feelings and just work on enjoying this fun game.
Gronk, Max, Bo53Horvat and 3 others liked this.
May 13, 2019 at 12:55
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: Daryl
What my double is saying...

Don't get offended when some petty Twitter user living on the other side of North America calls you names. All this drama is 100% avoidable if more people were willing to take the high road and just move on. Let's all stop getting offended when internet strangers hurt our feelings and just work on enjoying this fun game.

What my mother account is saying....

Facts
Daryl, Max and tylerpaluzzi35 liked this.
May 13, 2019 at 1:13
Justin_2t1
Quoting: Max
I feel like this might be directed towards me.

Tough scene
Max liked this.
May 13, 2019 at 1:21
I'm the Captain now
Svechnikov (Andrei) is OTB. Looking for a MAJOR forward piece.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll