Forums/GM Game 2019-20

2019-20 GM Game - General Discussion

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:39
I'm the Captain now
Willing to move 1 of my goalies for a defensemen.
Dec 13, 2019 at 5:46
User TitleFlair
Quoting: Gronk
Willing to move 1 of my goalies for a defensemen.

McIlrath for Binny
Dec 13, 2019 at 7:34
Go Jackets
Ottawa Senators

Going to open up the team page for offers on everyone except for the following who are untouchable: Brady Tkachuk, Kirby Dach, Kaapo Kakko. Everyone else I’ll at least hear out an offer on. By no means a guarantee I’ll move anyone, moreso just curious to see what offers get made.
Dec 13, 2019 at 9:00
GM - Avalanche
Quoting: matt59
Ottawa Senators

Going to open up the team page for offers on everyone. I can guarantee I’ll move anyone.

Can I get Dach then?
Dec 14, 2019 at 5:25
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: matt59
Ottawa Senators

Going to open up the team page for offers on everyone except for the following who are untouchable: Brady Tkachuk, Kirby Dach, Kaapo Kakko. Everyone else I’ll at least hear out an offer on. By no means a guarantee I’ll move anyone, moreso just curious to see what offers get made.

Note: San Jose can get anyone (including Tkachuk, Dach, and Kakko) for whatever they want.

Tkachuk for a 7th

@TMLSage
TMLSage and Earfgang liked this.
Dec 14, 2019 at 5:26
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Pointerr21
McIlrath for Binny

Dell for Dobson
TMLSage liked this.
Dec 15, 2019 at 3:43
GM of V4 NJD
New Jersey Devils

*updated trade block*

Shopping Brendan Lemieux and Tanner Pearson.
Dec 16, 2019 at 10:39
GM - Avalanche
Colorado Avalanche

Colorado is looking for an impact top 6 center.
In addition, we are looking to add a young defender to our defence-core.

We are also willing to accept salary dumps.
Dec 17, 2019 at 12:18
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: TMLSage
Colorado Avalanche

Colorado is looking for an impact top 6 center.
In addition, we are looking to add a young defender to our defence-core.

We are also willing to accept salary dumps.

So what are you willing to give up. Value? Nobodies putting up ppg in ECHL?
EmpressKayla and GhostBear liked this.
Dec 17, 2019 at 3:08
GM - Avalanche
Quoting: Gronk
So what are you willing to give up. Value? Nobodies putting up ppg in ECHL?

Kaut, Bowers, Dellandrea, Podkolzin, and many more.
Dec 17, 2019 at 2:29
@Math @plNHL I want you both to be my agms
TMLSage liked this.
Dec 18, 2019 at 9:38
Is there going to be some sort of announcement on here about fired/new GM's for us non-Twitter group chat people?
hanson493, MrBooth and jmac490 liked this.
Dec 21, 2019 at 12:16
rangersandislesfan
Is there a roster freeze?
Dec 22, 2019 at 8:28
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Is there a roster freeze?

This isn’t the real NHL Raif...what would be the point of a roster freeze?
Dec 22, 2019 at 1:27
GM - Avalanche
Quoting: DirtyDangles
This isn’t the real NHL Raif...what would be the point of a roster freeze?

We have done one the past couple of years.
Dec 22, 2019 at 1:31
Quoting: TMLSage
We have done one the past couple of years.

I stand by the fact that it literally does nothing...
Dec 22, 2019 at 7:02
Earfgang
Quoting: DirtyDangles
I stand by the fact that it literally does nothing...

The CBA requires there is a trade freeze at this time, we follow the CBA. Stop trying to take away players rights monster
TMLSage liked this.
Dec 22, 2019 at 7:31
Quoting: Earfgang
The CBA requires there is a trade freeze at this time, we follow the CBA. Stop trying to take away players rights monster

If the game was entirely based upon the CBA, there wouldn't be any of the following: trade reversals, GMs who vote on whether other team's trades stand or not, inability to retain excessive amounts, GM firings for inadequate performances, and a limit on the number of waiver claims allowed per month. Therefore, the purpose of a trade freeze in this alternate-reality game is worth questioning...my two cents
EmpressKayla liked this.
Dec 22, 2019 at 10:09
Earfgang
Edited Dec 22, 2019 at 10:36
Quoting: MrBooth
If the game was entirely based upon the CBA, there wouldn't be any of the following: trade reversals, GMs who vote on whether other team's trades stand or not, inability to retain excessive amounts, GM firings for inadequate performances, and a limit on the number of waiver claims allowed per month. Therefore, the purpose of a trade freeze in this alternate-reality game is worth questioning...my two cents

It is true, we have appropriated many of the CBA's rules and regulations, but on a meta level I see this as a reaction to our fictional environment. The 32 owners of the NHL teams have found that their organizations are being controlled by GM's that are, in many cases, below the level they are willing to accept. I'm sure Edmonton is surprised and confused by this notion but many wouldn't be. It makes sense that to protect their investments they put a governing body over the leagues general managers, both as a precautionary measure to protect investments and as an opportunity to directly encourage more equal competition (We all know Bettman has wanted this power since he started).

That being said, while the trust owners have in their managers has been in question for a few years now the players association has taken this opportunity to change hockey to be safer and more player friendly by changing the goals of the game. The game is now based off of more skill based incentive scoring instead of puck in net caveman style pissing matches of hitting and fighting. They pushed for the value of advanced statistics to give better determinations of value of skill across the league and the physical toll on players has been significantly decreased due to skill being rewarded and hitting and fighting being non-entities in winning effectively limiting hitting to a minimum and relegating fighting to an uncommon sideshow. In this renaissance of player safety there is no way in hell the owners would move to take away simple rights as the winter Holiday trade break.

Learn the lore of the game @MrBooth XD
TMLSage liked this.
Dec 22, 2019 at 11:20
It is true, we have appropriated many of the CBA's rules and regulations, but on a meta level I see this as a reaction to our fictional environment. The 32 owners of the NHL teams have found that their organizations are being controlled by GM's that are, in many cases, below the level they are willing to accept. I'm sure Edmonton is surprised and confused by this notion but many wouldn't be. It makes sense that to protect their investments they put a governing body over the leagues general managers, both as a precautionary measure to protect investments and as an opportunity to directly encourage more equal competition (We all know Bettman has wanted this power since he started).

That being said, while the trust owners have in their managers has been in question for a few years now the players association has taken this opportunity to change hockey to be safer and more player friendly by changing the goals of the game. The game is now based off of more skill based incentive scoring instead of puck in net caveman style pissing matches of hitting and fighting. They pushed for the value of advanced statistics to give better determinations of value of skill across the league and the physical toll on players has been significantly decreased due to skill being rewarded and hitting and fighting being non-entities in winning effectively limiting hitting to a minimum and relegating fighting to an uncommon sideshow. In this renaissance of player safety there is no way in hell the owners would move to take away simple rights as the winter Holiday trade break.

@ Banks @ Jarvis blink twice if this is Mike’s double
TabooPenguo, TMLSage, Earfgang and 4 others liked this.
Dec 23, 2019 at 6:42
rangersandislesfan

You're not even in the game, are you?
BruinsWillWin2020 liked this.
Dec 23, 2019 at 11:57
NBABound
I'm with the fact that there really isn't a point in having a 'roster freeze' in our game but during this time if GM's aren't responsive then we know why, up until the first week of January or so is when activity is expected to rise.
Dec 23, 2019 at 1:12
Quoting: MrBooth
@ Banks @ Jarvis blink twice if this is Mike’s double

its actually Daryl's 16th alternate account
TMLSage, Gronk, Daryl and 1 other person liked this.
Dec 23, 2019 at 1:20
Quoting: jmac490
its actually Daryl's 16th alternate account

17th you forgot one.
TMLSage, jmac490, Daryl and 1 other person liked this.
Dec 23, 2019 at 9:15
Earfgang
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
You're not even in the game, are you?

I'm Winnipeg's assistant GM
rangersandislesfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll