Forums/GM Game 2019-20

2019-20 GM Game - General Discussion

Jun 8 at 4:34
@monops19 this is what a ufa rights trade looks like lmfao.

Florida Panthers
2021 4th round pick (chicago)
2022 5th round pick (montreal)
(2022 2nd cbj) (conditional pick if resigned by cbj)

Columbus Blue Jackets
The rights to Mike hoffman
Mr_cap liked this.
Jun 15 at 11:39
Listening to McDavid offers dm me if interested
Jun 17 at 12:35
GM of V4 NJD
New Jersey Devils

Cam Fowler is available for a second line center (willing to add depending on the deal).
Jun 18 at 8:21
Go Habs Go
Edited Jul 5 at 10:50
*MONTREAL CANADIENS*
Moving Prospects/ Picks for Short term upgrade
Twitter:@PaoloUrso6
Jul 1 at 11:28
GM of V4 NJD
New Jersey Devils

Still looking for a 2C, I am now willing to move Skjei or Fowler in the deal (I am open to adding depending on how good the 2C is).
Jul 5 at 2:48
rangersandislesfan
BLOCKBUSTER
Jul 9 at 2:36
is hockey back yet or wut? can we get back to it so we can st.louis vs boston rematch in the stanley cup?
Jul 9 at 10:09
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: hanson493
is hockey back yet or wut? can we get back to it so we can st.louis vs boston rematch in the stanley cup?

Imagine Montreal vs. Chicago lol ...
Jul 9 at 10:10
rangersandislesfan

Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Imagine Montreal vs. Chicago lol ...

I just hope people stop complaining about the draft lottery results ... IMO it was fair. If you lose in the qualifier round, you don't make the playoffs ... and even if it is part of the playoffs, it's not the final 16 teams like usual.
Jul 10 at 9:20
I just hope people stop complaining about the draft lottery results ... IMO it was fair. If you lose in the qualifier round, you don't make the playoffs ... and even if it is part of the playoffs, it's not the final 16 teams like usual.

its not really that fair. Yes theoretically those 8 that lose dont get a playoff spot. but now they have an incentive to lose. they should have done the lottery AFTER the prelim games.
Jul 10 at 6:36
Blues GM v4

It's more about the structure of the lottery, which is amplified by the results. Even if there was no qualifying round, team E would've been Winnipeg. I understand that the point of the lottery is to avoid tanking, but a borderline playoff team (that was in the WCF just two seasons ago) shouldn't get the 1st overall pick over a god awful team like Detroit.
Jul 10 at 8:52
rangersandislesfan
its not really that fair. Yes theoretically those 8 that lose dont get a playoff spot. but now they have an incentive to lose. they should have done the lottery AFTER the prelim games.

That's why they're doing it in two phases ... I can see the argument for doing it in one phase after the qualifier round, though ... I guess they just wanted to keep business going.
Jul 11 at 1:17
Calgary GM v4
Lottery is just that, a lottery.
I am of the opinion the only way to make the draft lottery fair is that EVERY team that doesn't make the playoffs are given equal odds.
In fact, just put one ball from the 15/16 non playoff teams in the hopper and draw them one at a time.
The entire reason the lottery was put in was to stop teams from being crap the whole season just to get the 1st overall pick.
Now that the risk of that 1st OA not going to thee worst team, people call it unfair. Can't have it both ways.

Besides, you wanna talk "conspiracy", don't be shocked when Crosby and the Pens lay waste to the Habs in the play-in round and then it turns out MTL in fact is the mystery team who won the 1st OA pick.
Draft was supposed to be held in MTL-----cancelled
No. 1 pick is a highly skilled French Canadian kid
Just like the league handed Matthews to the Leafs, they will this year find a way to hand Laf to the Habs
Jul 11 at 1:49
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: flamesfan419
Lottery is just that, a lottery.
I am of the opinion the only way to make the draft lottery fair is that EVERY team that doesn't make the playoffs are given equal odds.
In fact, just put one ball from the 15/16 non playoff teams in the hopper and draw them one at a time.
The entire reason the lottery was put in was to stop teams from being crap the whole season just to get the 1st overall pick.
Now that the risk of that 1st OA not going to thee worst team, people call it unfair. Can't have it both ways.

Besides, you wanna talk "conspiracy", don't be shocked when Crosby and the Pens lay waste to the Habs in the play-in round and then it turns out MTL in fact is the mystery team who won the 1st OA pick.
Draft was supposed to be held in MTL-----cancelled
No. 1 pick is a highly skilled French Canadian kid
Just like the league handed Matthews to the Leafs, they will this year find a way to hand Laf to the Habs

I'm 99% sure this isn't what you're saying, but you're not saying you think the draft lottery is rigged, are you?
Jul 11 at 5:56
Blues GM v4
I'm 99% sure this isn't what you're saying, but you're not saying you think the draft lottery is rigged, are you?

If the lottery was rigged, the Leafs would've gotten McDavid in 2015 and the Coyotes would've gotten Matthews in 2016. People love throwing out the conspiracies because the Rangers and Blackhawks jumped into the top three last year so the league is "helping the big markets". I didn't hear any of that when the Sabres and Hurricanes were picking 1-2 in 2018.
Daryl and rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul 13 at 8:41
Quoting: krakowitz
If the lottery was rigged, the Leafs would've gotten McDavid in 2015 and the Coyotes would've gotten Matthews in 2016. People love throwing out the conspiracies because the Rangers and Blackhawks jumped into the top three last year so the league is "helping the big markets". I didn't hear any of that when the Sabres and Hurricanes were picking 1-2 in 2018.

i just wont be shocked when montreal gets the first pick. i will be shocked if a team like florida, the rangers again, or the maple leafs/bluejackets get that pick.
Jul 13 at 8:42
That's why they're doing it in two phases ... I can see the argument for doing it in one phase after the qualifier round, though ... I guess they just wanted to keep business going.

I think it was a "you need to stay tuned at whats happening" sort of deal. it just would have made 1000000% more sense if they had waited until august 10th after seeding was done.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul 13 at 2:28
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: krakowitz

It doesn't matter who wins, people always come up with some reason why they think it's rigged ... if it goes to a small market team they'll say the league rigged the lottery to save the team, and if it goes to a big market team they'll say the league rigged the lottery to make people mad.
Jul 13 at 2:29
rangersandislesfan
i just wont be shocked when montreal gets the first pick. i will be shocked if a team like florida, the rangers again, or the maple leafs/bluejackets get that pick.

I won't be shocked whoever wins the lottery because all eight teams who lose the qualifiers will have an equal chance.
Jul 13 at 2:40
I won't be shocked whoever wins the lottery because all eight teams who lose the qualifiers will have an equal chance.

I think if any of the teams that were actual playoff teams when this all happened: pitt, carolina, columbus, toronto, stars, jets, flames, predators/canucks (not sure of tiebreaker there...) i think if any of those teams win, its a joke. if any of the other 8 that get in that would have resulted in them not making the playoffs anyways, ill be okay with that.
Jul 13 at 4:35
Mysak
Lottery should have been done after the play ins are done with the losing teams taking 8-15 lottery slots as normal. Losing teams ranked by regular season pt%.
Jul 13 at 4:44
Calgary GM v4
No one is saying the lottery is "rigged" but until they show actual proof of the number of balls per team going in the hopper and then said balls actually being drawn from the machine, you can always make a claim that it's "skewed" let's say.
All anybody gets to see is the cards Bill Daley turns over. We never get to see the actual draw.
They should show it from start to finish. Show all the allotted balls prior to going int he machine. And then make the draw as it happens.

And yes, it would have made more sense to hold off until knowing exactly which teams did not make the real playoffs.
Jul 13 at 6:14
Blues GM v4
Quoting: flamesfan419
No one is saying the lottery is "rigged" but until they show actual proof of the number of balls per team going in the hopper and then said balls actually being drawn from the machine, you can always make a claim that it's "skewed" let's say.
All anybody gets to see is the cards Bill Daley turns over. We never get to see the actual draw.
They should show it from start to finish. Show all the allotted balls prior to going int he machine. And then make the draw as it happens.

And yes, it would have made more sense to hold off until knowing exactly which teams did not make the real playoffs.

Except they do release the video of the balls being drawn
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul 20 at 9:20
@mr_cap gotta hand it to you... getting rid of not one, but 2 terrible contracts and somehow getting good value for them is commendable. absolute fleece job on that last one. well done sir. well done.
TMLSage and Mr_cap liked this.
Jul 20 at 7:54
Leafs GM v4
@mr_cap gotta hand it to you... getting rid of not one, but 2 terrible contracts and somehow getting good value for them is commendable. absolute fleece job on that last one. well done sir. well done.

Sleeping on Bjorkstrand

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll