Oct 4, 2019 at 3:57
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: TMLSage
TabooPenguo

tears of joy
Oct 4, 2019 at 5:23
TBL GM and BOG v4
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Sorry but could i please get an answer? Thanks.

I'll edit the post, he's yours.
Oct 23, 2019 at 8:02
GM of V4 NJD
Okay so I just wanted to put out an idea I had that could make the game better.

I think we can all agree that the two biggest hindrances to the game are: inactive GM's and terrible trades that don't get reversed.

All of us like to get angry at the BOG members when a certain GM goes MIA, or a trade passes that we think shouldn't. However, I think it's unfair of us to have even placed this responsibility on a handful of people in the first place.

First off, with the issue of bad trades. I would suggest that we remove it from the BOG's jurisdiction entirely. My idea (up for debate) would be to have a system, in which, if a minimum of 5-10 GM's submit a complaint to the BOG (on a public forum on CF, not Twitter) that they believe a trade should be reverted, then it will be the BOG's responsibility to open a public vote (similar platform to what Booth used last week), in which all GM's have a 24 hour period to vote on the deal. This would be similar to fantasy sports, where league managers have a time frame to vote on whether certain trades pass or not.

I believe this system would remove severe pressure from the BOG, and allow the GM Game market to flow more freely and realistically with the opinions of each GM being considered.

With regards to inactive GM's.... they need to go. I wouldn't suggest a public voting system to fire GM's, as that would be easily corrupted. However, I strongly petition that the BOG tighten activity rules. If you're going to be inactive for a time frame, that's fine, just let us all know. However, if you don't have the time or desire to be able to reply to people's trade inquiries within 24 hours. Please quit the game.

I haven't thought far enough ahead as to how we can better regulate inactive GM's, but I had hoped to at least open discussion.

In all, I really think a public voting system on trades would be far more realistic, efficient, and far less controversial.
flamesfan419 liked this.
Oct 23, 2019 at 8:05
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: Daryl
Okay so I just wanted to put out an idea I had that could make the game better.

I think we can all agree that the two biggest hindrances to the game are: inactive GM's and terrible trades that don't get reversed.

All of us like to get angry at the BOG members when a certain GM goes MIA, or a trade passes that we think shouldn't. However, I think it's unfair of us to have even placed this responsibility on a handful of people in the first place.

First off, with the issue of bad trades. I would suggest that we remove it from the BOG's jurisdiction entirely. My idea (up for debate) would be to have a system, in which, if a minimum of 5-10 GM's submit a complaint to the BOG (on a public forum on CF, not Twitter) that they believe a trade should be reverted, then it will be the BOG's responsibility to open a public vote (similar platform to what Booth used last week), in which all GM's have a 24 hour period to vote on the deal. This would be similar to fantasy sports, where league managers have a time frame to vote on whether certain trades pass or not.

I believe this system would remove severe pressure from the BOG, and allow the GM Game market to flow more freely and realistically with the opinions of each GM being considered.

With regards to inactive GM's.... they need to go. I wouldn't suggest a public voting system to fire GM's, as that would be easily corrupted. However, I strongly petition that the BOG tighten activity rules. If you're going to be inactive for a time frame, that's fine, just let us all know. However, if you don't have the time or desire to be able to reply to people's trade inquiries within 24 hours. Please quit the game.

I haven't thought far enough ahead as to how we can better regulate inactive GM's, but I had hoped to at least open discussion.

In all, I really think a public voting system on trades would be far more realistic, efficient, and far less controversial.

K
Oct 26, 2019 at 7:28
Calgary GM v4
Is it possible to get the current waiver order posted please.
Would like to know where I am on the list to know if it's worth putting in a claim on guys.
Oct 26, 2019 at 7:57
TBL GM and BOG v4
Quoting: flamesfan419
Is it possible to get the current waiver order posted please.
Would like to know where I am on the list to know if it's worth putting in a claim on guys.

Check the Official Waiver Claims Thread.
flamesfan419 liked this.
Oct 26, 2019 at 10:10
Justin_2t1
Quoting: TabooPenguo
Check the Official Waiver Claims Thread.

Did i get Pachal or no?
Oct 26, 2019 at 10:59
TBL GM and BOG v4
Quoting: Pointerr21
Did i get Pachal or no?

Yes, forgot about that.
Oct 28, 2019 at 9:01
GM of V4 NJD
I've decided to leave the game. Just a lot going on in real life, and I've realized this game is simply taking to much of the limited time that I have each day. Been loads of fun, and I'm not ruling out the possibility of returning again one day.

If he's willing, I'd recommend my AGM: @Gerber14. To take over the team.
Oct 28, 2019 at 10:52
Let'sGoBlues | WPGv4
Quoting: Daryl
I've decided to leave the game. Just a lot going on in real life, and I've realized this game is simply taking to much of the limited time that I have each day. Been loads of fun, and I'm not ruling out the possibility of returning again one day.

If he's willing, I'd recommend my AGM: @Gerber14. To take over the team.

Take care of your business and take care buddy
BuFfaLOFaN and Daryl liked this.
Oct 29, 2019 at 8:42
GM of V4 NJD
Quoting: A_K
Take care of your business and take care buddy

Thanks man. cheers
Nov 17, 2019 at 2:15
GM - Avalanche
Colorado Avalanche

Colorado wishes for the Max Domi - Darcy Kuemper trade to be flagged for review.

Regards,
Colorado Management
Booth, BuFfaLOFaN and hanson493 liked this.
Nov 17, 2019 at 3:05
Calgary GM v4
Quoting: TMLSage
Colorado Avalanche

Colorado wishes for the Max Domi - Darcy Kuemper trade to be flagged for review.

Regards,
Colorado Management

Don't you have a vote to rig or something?

If you're gonna complain, at least post your reasons for wanting it "reviewed".
But you do know, if it gets reversed he's still not getting traded to you.
Gronk, monops19, Mr_cap and 3 others liked this.
Nov 17, 2019 at 3:40
Justin_2t1
Quoting: flamesfan419
Don't you have a vote to rig or something?

If you're gonna complain, at least post your reasons for wanting it "reviewed".
But you do know, if it gets reversed he's still not getting traded to you.

Ok boomer
Nov 27, 2019 at 3:37
Let'sGoBlues | WPGv4
Quoting: Mr_cap

@A_K = Winnipeg Jets (Eligible to take Jayce Hawryluk off IR), (Eligible to take Valentin Zykov off LTIR)

Zykov is suspended so he's not on my roster... where does he go? He's listed under "Substance Abuse/Behavioral Health Program" on the CF page.
Nov 27, 2019 at 3:48
NBABound
Quoting: A_K
Zykov is suspended so he's not on my roster... where does he go? He's listed under "Substance Abuse/Behavioral Health Program" on the CF page.

He was just placed on waivers irl post-suspension so the same can be done here.
Nov 27, 2019 at 4:39
Quoting: Mr_cap

@GhostBear = Minnesota Wild (Change - Samuel Morin to IR)
@matt59 = Ottawa Senators (Change - Marian Gaborik to IR)
@MrBooth = Vancouver Canucks (Change - Connor Carrick to IR)
@Rodzikhockey93 = Buffalo Sabres (Change - Patrick Eaves to IR)
@ricochetii = Dallas Stars (Change - Stephen Johns to IR)
@Max = Edmonton Oilers (Change - Kyle Brodziak to IR)
@Zach = Anaheim Ducks (Change - Ryan Kesler to IR)
@TMLSage = Colorado Avalanche (Change - Gabriel Landeskog to IR)

Under the LTIR section of the CBA:
Quote:
When a player has an injury of which they are expected to miss a minimum of 10 NHL games and 24 days in the NHL season, the team can place them on long term injured reserve (LTIR)

Why aren't these players LTIR eligible?

Sam Morin : Out 2019-20 season with ACL surgery.
Marian Gaborik : Missed 2018-19 season with herniated disk surgery.
Connor Carrick : Out 4-6 weeks with finger surgery (as of 10/28/19)
Patrick Eaves : Out for 2019-20 season with unclassified muscle disease
Stephen Johns : Missed 2018-19 season with post-traumatic headaches
Kyle Brodziak : Out 2019-20 season with degeneration of back disk
Ryan Kessler : Out 2019-20 season with hip resurfacing surgery
Gabriel Landeskog : Out indefinitely with lower-body injury (as of 10/26/19)
ricochetii liked this.
Nov 27, 2019 at 5:00
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Under the LTIR section of the CBA:
Quote:
When a player has an injury of which they are expected to miss a minimum of 10 NHL games and 24 days in the NHL season, the team can place them on long term injured reserve (LTIR)

Why aren't these players LTIR eligible?

Sam Morin : Out 2019-20 season with ACL surgery.
Marian Gaborik : Missed 2018-19 season with herniated disk surgery.
Connor Carrick : Out 4-6 weeks with finger surgery (as of 10/28/19)
Patrick Eaves : Out for 2019-20 season with unclassified muscle disease
Stephen Johns : Missed 2018-19 season with post-traumatic headaches
Kyle Brodziak : Out 2019-20 season with degeneration of back disk
Ryan Kessler : Out 2019-20 season with hip resurfacing surgery
Gabriel Landeskog : Out indefinitely with lower-body injury (as of 10/26/19)

Knew cap was dumb. He'll fix now...
Nov 27, 2019 at 6:28
Stars GM for V3
I heard this was corrected, but just so the BOG is aware, when an LTIR eligible player is NOT placed on LTIR by their (RL) team, it is for cap management purposes only. We manage our own cap, so the decision of whether to place the player on IR or LTIR should be up to us. Provided we return them to the roster when healthy of course. I doubt the majority of our GMs or even the BOG have the knowledge and information necessary to deal with those nuances, or even the desire to do so. Sticking Out Tongue

Basically it's long and confusing. Simplified, when you place a player on IR, you are able to benefit from the difference between the salary of the injured player vs the replacement player, while a player on LTIR only allows you to exceed the upper limit when required. If you are a team close to the upper limit, you may benefit more from placing a player on IR as opposed to LTIR and "bank" cap savings. Since we use static totals rather than a more dynamic running total, there's no benefit to us in micromanaging our cap in this way.

The other part is the "expected to miss". Obviously you wouldn't put a player on LTIR when they are listed as day-to-day or the initial timetable for their return is less than 2 weeks, but 10 games could be two and a half weeks if it's a busy part of a team's schedule. Does someone really want to put in the effort of checking timetables against a team's schedule every time a player is injured? We have to be realistic with expectations. If someone puts a player on LTIR for something like a cold, that should be addressed, but there's no need to step in unless somebody is abusing LTIR.
Mr_cap liked this.
Dec 1, 2019 at 7:00
Edited Dec 1, 2019 at 7:30
I went to check the v4 statsheet to see if it had been updated and noticed that some of the rosters had players on them acquired after the 20th deadline. I reached out to @matt59 to see if I missed an announcement, but apparently there wasn't one. To me, the roster deadline doesn't really matter, but my concern is that nobody communicated about this and from my conversation, Matt seemed equally confused as me. The OCT scoring was used from teams roster's as of the 20th so it seems a little weird that we would change that mid season.

Edit/Rewording : There was little to no discussion about this rule change in general by the BOG, per sources.
Dec 1, 2019 at 8:54
I went to check the v4 statsheet to see if it had been updated and noticed that some of the rosters had players on them acquired after the 20th deadline. I reached out to @matt59 to see if I missed an announcement, but apparently there wasn't one. To me, the roster deadline doesn't really matter, but my concern is that nobody communicated about this and from my conversation, Matt seemed equally confused as me. The OCT scoring was used from teams roster's as of the 20th so it seems a little weird that we would change that mid season.

Edit/Rewording : There was little to no discussion about this rule change in general by the BOG, per sources.

*sad trombone noise*
Dec 1, 2019 at 9:16
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
*sad trombone noise*

Can we still get an explanation at least or* what the announcement would have been haha? Kinda seems like something everyone should know about before it happens.

*edit
Dec 1, 2019 at 9:23

I agree my latest trade should have not affected my NOV stats as it was completed after the 20th.
Dec 1, 2019 at 9:29
Can we still get an explanation at least or* what the announcement would have been haha? Kinda seems like something everyone should know about before it happens.

*edit

We made the change because it makes no sense to release the rankings with a third of the month left. It just seems silly to have the cutoff then.
Dec 1, 2019 at 9:39
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
We made the change because it makes no sense to release the rankings with a third of the month left. It just seems silly to have the cutoff then.

Is the plan to retroactively change the standings from October then? Otherwise we have different cut-off dates, which makes less sense than having the deadline at the 20th.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll