SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Toronto Maple Leafs signed Ilya Mikheyev (1 Year / $925,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 6, 2019 at 12:07 p.m.
Ilya Mikheyev has signed a new contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Entry-Level Contract
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Kyle Dubas
Length: 1 year
Value: $925,000
Expiry Status: RFA (Arb)
Cap % Tooltip: 1.16
Signing Team: Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsToronto Maple Leafs
Signing Date: May 6, 2019
Source: @CapFriendly

Ilya Mikheyev signed a 1 year, $925,000 contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs on May 6, 2019. The contract has a cap hit of $925,000.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2019-20$925,000$925,000$0$92,500$832,500$925,000$70,000
TOTAL$925,000$925,000$0$92,500$832,500$925,000$70,000
Qualifying OfferTooltip: $874,125
European Union This contract includes a European Assignment Clause
May 6, 2019 at 12:11 p.m.
Banned
interesting signing. Looks like Toronto is getting ready to move on from a winger or two.
May 6, 2019 at 12:23 p.m.
AwesomeMatthews
I'd say so
May 6, 2019 at 12:27 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: pharrow
interesting signing. Looks like Toronto is getting ready to move on from a winger or two.

I think this is a sign of kapanen or Johnsson on the move. They have been working on this deal for a while though. Battling out Vegas to get him signed.
burla13 liked this.
May 6, 2019 at 12:30 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Jamiepo
I think this is a sign of kapanen or Johnsson on the move. They have been working on this deal for a while though. Battling out Vegas to get him signed.

Eh. By reports he is not particularly fast or a possession guy. He'll be 4th line depth, not sure that really affects guys higher up
HabsForEver liked this.
May 6, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.
Burla
Quoting: Random2152
Eh. By reports he is not particularly fast or a possession guy. He'll be 4th line depth, not sure that really affects guys higher up

He is a cheap bottom 6 forward, which is what we need.
May 6, 2019 at 12:43 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

I wasn’t saying he was going to take a sporks on the top line. But it will displace players up the lineup.
May 6, 2019 at 12:44 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: burla13
He is a cheap bottom 6 forward, which is what we need.

Not disagreeing, I just don't see how this somehow means anything for what happens to Johnsson and Kapanen.
He is a 4th line guy on a cheap contract, not a replacement for Kapanen like some here are saying.
May 6, 2019 at 12:45 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I wasn’t saying he was going to take a sporks on the top line. But it will displace players up the lineup.

I mean, Maybe Korshkov and Bracco stay on the Marlies. I can't see how it affects Kapanen for Johnsson.
May 6, 2019 at 12:49 p.m.
Burla
Not disagreeing, I just don't see how this somehow means anything for what happens to Johnsson and Kapanen.
He is a 4th line guy on a cheap contract, not a replacement for Kapanen like some here are saying.

Yes, I think honestly if someone is going to replace Kap, it would be Bracco, I think he would be great with Naz, because Naz can defend and likes to score, Bracco's job would be send great passes and run PP2.
May 6, 2019 at 12:52 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: burla13
Yes, I think honestly if someone is going to replace Kap, it would be Bracco, I think he would be great with Naz, because Naz can defend and likes to score, Bracco's job would be send great passes and run PP2.

Bracco will either be a breakout hit or an AHL scorer, and is much more likely the latter. He is completely one dimensional and scoring often doesn't translate well from AHL to NHL for guys like that. Maybe he gets a shot, but I don't see it as likely that he is ever a regular leaf.
HabsForEver liked this.
May 6, 2019 at 1:04 p.m.
Brown's replacement for 1.175M cheaper?
May 6, 2019 at 1:10 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Someone like Moore will bump up which is okay to me.
I like Moore's hustle, plays like Hyman
May 6, 2019 at 1:32 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Trading 3m players and just replacing them with 900,000 doesn't help the Leafs cap situation that much. You have to do about three or four of trades to make the cap work. Now a Kadri/Brown trade or just a Nylander trade might be make cap right.
May 6, 2019 at 2:44 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bluetomorrow83
Brown's replacement for 1.175M cheaper?

Kap is on the RW this guy is a LW, he's left handed. So I don't think Kap is the one on the way out because of this signing.

I don't think they are moving Hyman, he's only a 2 mil cap hit, and the rest of what is on the RW is getting close to league minimum except Johnsson and Marleau.

My thought was you move Marleau to the AHL. It's a cap savings of 1,075,000
This kid is at 925,000
you save 150,000 in cap space and probably improve your line up.
I don't think he volunteerly retires because that's giving up too much money. Even after the bonus is paid and if he's going to play he will want a cup. So you have to relegate him to the AHL to sink it in that his time is done. Maybe then you can deal him out to another team at a cost. But this move makes sense in that it's cost effective and it's for a bottom line winger.
May 6, 2019 at 2:46 p.m.
Kap is on the RW this guy is a LW, he's left handed. So I don't think Kap is the one on the way out because of this signing.

I don't think they are moving Hyman, he's only a 2 mil cap hit, and the rest of what is on the RW is getting close to league minimum except Johnsson and Marleau.

This kid is at 925,000
I don't think he volunteerly retires because that's giving up too much money. Even after the bonus is paid and if he's going to play he will want a cup. So you have to relegate him to the AHL to sink it in that his time is done. Maybe then you can deal him out to another team at a cost. But this move makes sense in that it's cost effective and it's for a bottom line winger.

They can't do anything to him without him giving the OK including sending him to the AHL. NMC worst thing in hockey imo
May 6, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bluetomorrow83
They can't do anything to him without him giving the OK including sending him to the AHL. NMC worst thing in hockey imo

That could be it depends on his clause and what he accepts. I mean there becomes a point where a team makes it obvious. They can prevent his name from getting on the cup by simply not playing him. Teams can only put so many names on the cup. At which point what is he doing? Collecting a check. if they can't unload him, sending him down is the right move. In return they dress him for 1 playoff game and put his name on the cup if they win.
I don't know, but I do know the only other option to move is Johnsson if they are going to move a winger. Everyone else is on a nothing of a contract and I don't view him as a replacement for Johnsson.
May 6, 2019 at 3:03 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming

This kid is at 925,000

He is a left handed Right wing. From what I understand he has never played on the Left.

Moore-Goat/Petan-Mik

Also Marleau has a NMC, not an NTC. He can't be sent to the AHL.
May 6, 2019 at 3:17 p.m.
Banned
He is a left handed Right wing. From what I understand he has never played on the Left.

Moore-Goat/Petan-Mik

Also Marleau has a NMC, not an NTC. He can't be sent to the AHL.

Like every other position in hockey, you don't want to be on your off side. It's why positions are predominately held by players on their handed side. No one brings a player to this level and tells them, play on your off side unless they absolutely have to. Adjusting to the speed and talent level of the game is already hard enough.
May 6, 2019 at 3:18 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Like every other position in hockey, you don't want to be on your off side. It's why positions are predominately held by players on their handed side. No one brings a player to this level and tells them, play on your off side unless they absolutely have to. Adjusting to the speed and talent level of the game is already hard enough.

For the majority of players you'd be right, but some prefer their off hand. I know I do, and more importantly:
https://www.capfriendly.com/players/alex-ovechkin
May 6, 2019 at 3:31 p.m.
Banned
For the majority of players you'd be right, but some prefer their off hand. I know I do, and more importantly:
https://www.capfriendly.com/players/alex-ovechkin

pointing out a few exceptions does not make it the norm. The kid is probably a middle 6 guy. And there isn't much room on the RW for Toronto. You got Marner, Nylander, and Kap on the RW. I don't think Nylander plays center next year and I don't think they trade Kap.
He's most likely going on the LW.
May 6, 2019 at 3:35 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
pointing out a few exceptions does not make it the norm. The kid is probably a middle 6 guy. And there isn't much room on the RW for Toronto. You got Marner, Nylander, and Kap on the RW. I don't think Nylander plays center next year and I don't think they trade Kap.
He's most likely going on the LW.

My point was he is one of the exceptions lol.
That being said, He will play where Babs tells him to, which is likely on the 4th line RW as he plays Trevor Moore (LH) on both sides and Moore is a natural LW.

The KHL is a better league than many give credit for btw.
May 6, 2019 at 3:42 p.m.
Banned
My point was he is one of the exceptions lol.
That being said, He will play where Babs tells him to, which is likely on the 4th line RW as he plays Trevor Moore (LH) on both sides and Moore is a natural LW.

The KHL is a better league than many give credit for btw.

he's not a 4th line player. There isn't even an argument to be made that he is. He's not coming to the NHL to play 4th line minutes.
The RW is stacked. He'll be on the LW.
May 6, 2019 at 3:44 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
he's not a 4th line player. There isn't even an argument to be made that he is. He's not coming to the NHL to play 4th line minutes.
The RW is stacked. He'll be on the LW.

He's comparable to miro aaltonen points wise. He is a 4th liner.

Also, Marleau won't be played lower than the 3rd because Babs.

Moore-goat/petan-mik
May 6, 2019 at 3:54 p.m.
Banned
He's comparable to miro aaltonen points wise. He is a 4th liner.

Also, Marleau won't be played lower than the 3rd because Babs.

Moore-goat/petan-mik

He's not a 4th line player. If you think he's a 4th line player you don't know who you signed. He's considered a high end 2 way forward with a scoring touch that skates well. He'll be a 2nd 3rd liner for Toronto.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit