SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Officiating.

May 6, 2019 at 9:12 p.m.
Is it just me or have the officials been pretty bad this post season.

Also, if you high stick someone its high sticking 2mins. If its bad enough ti draw blood its 4mins. That player may not even miss a shift.

However if you illegally check someone to the head its 2 mins. But if that player is taken off the ice for concussion protocol...... Its still only 2mins.
May 6, 2019 at 11:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rangsey

Also, if you high stick someone its high sticking 2mins. If its bad enough ti draw blood its 4mins. That player may not even miss a shift.

However if you illegally check someone to the head its 2 mins. But if that player is taken off the ice for concussion protocol...... Its still only 2mins.

Definitely should've been 5 and a game IMO.
May 7, 2019 at 12:33 p.m.
I think come summer time during the GM meetings, there will be a rule in place to allow the officials to review the play. Not every penalty but things like 5 min majors, hits to the head, any dangerous play that injured a player. I can't see many gm's disagreeing with the reviews. Their have been at least 5 blown calls on hits to the head this playoffs and that is unacceptable.
Rangsey and Brian2016 liked this.
May 12, 2019 at 7:34 a.m.
Quoting: awatt
I think come summer time during the GM meetings, there will be a rule in place to allow the officials to review the play. Not every penalty but things like 5 min majors, hits to the head, any dangerous play that injured a player. I can't see many gm's disagreeing with the reviews. Their have been at least 5 blown calls on hits to the head this playoffs and that is unacceptable.

Yes! Every major penalty should be reviewed in real; time by Toronto, just like every goal or challenge. A 5 min. major can be even more impactful than a disallowed goal from offsides or goalie interference, as clearly illustrated by the SJ PP in game 7. I would cap video replay at major penalties, offsides, and goaltender interference though. We really don't want a 10 minute stoppage after every goal to rewind 2-3 minutes to check for the puck hitting the netting or something like that, do we? Just need to stop the glaring mistakes like the McAvoy penalty that should've been 5 minutes and the Pavelski hit that should've been 4 minutes.
May 12, 2019 at 9:26 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Rangsey

Unless it's a Bruin...no penalty. Kadri a major and five game suspension.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll