SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/St. Louis Blues

LETS GO BLUES WOOOOOO

May 8, 2019 at 12:09 a.m.
May 8, 2019 at 12:20 a.m.
blues deserve it. san jose is gonna be a tough matchup though.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 12:22 a.m.
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
blues deserve it. san jose is gonna be a tough matchup though.

Idk don't count your chickens before they hatch, Colorado is still in this thing.
Shifttee and ChiHawk liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 12:25 a.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Idk don't count your chickens before they hatch, Colorado is still in this thing.

nah. i think san jose takes it. home game. solid run by the avs. burns and karlsson were beasts last night. but if its the avs you're versing, im betting its gonna be a blues vs bruins cup final. but then again, the canes can surprise us. but in the long run, it seems as if the blues have finally found a good starter in binnington. rmr the trade rumors for tarasenko back in january lmao!
May 8, 2019 at 12:30 a.m.
What in tarnation
As a Stars fan I have nothing to say but congrats. The last two games you were miles ahead of us. We lost outright and you deserved the win.

Blues has had the potential to be successful so many years, but only now you have a truly solid goalie in the roster. And it shows.
ChiHawk, Shylo_Moxii, GMTD and 3 others liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 1:40 a.m.
CGY
That was a great game. Blues were great and if not for a performance if biblical proportions from Bishop it could have been lopsided

Interesting game tomorrow. Feel like the Sharks have had countless opportunities to put the Avs to bed and haven’t done so. Could come back to haunt them
ChiHawk, Shylo_Moxii, GMTD and 3 others liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 2:14 a.m.
Banned
RoR iS a CaNcEr. YoUlL nEvEr WiN w HiM

Haha oh buffalo what a terrible trade. I’m happy for the blues
ChiHawk and Shylo_Moxii liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 2:20 a.m.
Quoting: ItWasIn
That was a great game. Blues were great and if not for a performance if biblical proportions from Bishop it could have been lopsided

Interesting game tomorrow. Feel like the Sharks have had countless opportunities to put the Avs to bed and haven’t done so. Could come back to haunt them

Losing your captain is not helping the Sharks but hey, that's hockey baby!
Shylo_Moxii liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 2:20 a.m.
Congrats Blues and fans....even a Hawks guy can throw the rivals a nod applaud
May 8, 2019 at 8:37 a.m.
Quoting: BurgerBoss
As a Stars fan I have nothing to say but congrats. The last two games you were miles ahead of us. We lost outright and you deserved the win.

Blues has had the potential to be successful so many years, but only now you have a truly solid goalie in the roster. And it shows.

I do want to say never underestimate the Power of the Dallas Fanbase, and the Dallas team you guys have a bunch of studs on your team even if they ran out of gas. (Ben Bishop is Marty Brodeur material)
justaBoss, GMTD and ChiHawk liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 9:22 a.m.
Eichel Tower
Congratulations Blues, I always liked the Blues and envied their historic success. You know I am a Sabre's fan and was hoping Dallas could pull it out so the Sabres could get the 19th OA pick.

This next comment is directed to capsin9, do you think adding Perron and Bozak to team that missed the playoffs had anything to do with their success after missing the playoffs by one game last year? On January 1, 2019 the Blues were in last over all, 4 days later Binnington is added to the team and the team makes the playoffs. But it was ALL O'Reilly that put them into the playoffs.

Second comment also directed to capsin9, do you want your captain to quit on the team? What should you do if your captain quits on the team? Did you happen to remember what Ottawa got for locker room problem Hoffman? Did you happen to notice the the three years prior to trading O'Reilly and Hoffman, the two of them had nearly identical offensive stats? Ottawa got Boedker, who the three previous years had stats about equal to Berglund. So knowing that O'Reilly publicly stated he quit, watching him and the team perform poorly when he was here, it was obvious that he was at least part of the reason the team finished last. So would you have been satisfied with a captain who quit? Would have rather traded for Boedker? I for one am happy he was traded and was truly surprised that the return was so large for damaged goods. I am sure you will make an unsubstantiated reply, but in reality, O'Reilly did not improve his value while he was in Buffalo but really made himself a out cast forcing a trade. It is actually remarkable that the Sabres were able to nearly re-cooperate what was given up to get him originally.

So let me summarize, the Blues are in last place, get at GK who goes 25-5-1 and we give the credit to O'Reilly. Yup, he is the ONLY reason the Blues are doing well.

Quoting: capsin9
RoR iS a CaNcEr. YoUlL nEvEr WiN w HiM

Haha oh buffalo what a terrible trade. I’m happy for the blues

Quoting: ChiHawk
Congrats Blues and fans....even a Hawks guy can throw the rivals a nod applaud

I do want to say never underestimate the Power of the Dallas Fanbase, and the Dallas team you guys have a bunch of studs on your team even if they ran out of gas. (Ben Bishop is Marty Brodeur material)
CD282 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 9:26 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: GMTD
Congratulations Blues, I always liked the Blues and envied their historic success. You know I am a Sabre's fan and was hoping Dallas could pull it out so the Sabres could get the 19th OA pick.

This next comment is directed to capsin9, do you think adding Perron and Bozak to team that missed the playoffs had anything to do with their success after missing the playoffs by one game last year? On January 1, 2019 the Blues were in last over all, 4 days later Binnington is added to the team and the team makes the playoffs. But it was ALL O'Reilly that put them into the playoffs.

Second comment also directed to capsin9, do you want your captain to quit on the team? What should you do if your captain quits on the team? Did you happen to remember what Ottawa got for locker room problem Hoffman? Did you happen to notice the the three years prior to trading O'Reilly and Hoffman, the two of them had nearly identical offensive stats? Ottawa got Boedker, who the three previous years had stats about equal to Berglund. So knowing that O'Reilly publicly stated he quit, watching him and the team perform poorly when he was here, it was obvious that he was at least part of the reason the team finished last. So would you have been satisfied with a captain who quit? Would have rather traded for Boedker? I for one am happy he was traded and was truly surprised that the return was so large for damaged goods. I am sure you will make an unsubstantiated reply, but in reality, O'Reilly did not improve his value while he was in Buffalo but really made himself a out cast forcing a trade. It is actually remarkable that the Sabres were able to nearly re-cooperate what was given up to get him originally.

So let me summarize, the Blues are in last place, get at GK who goes 25-5-1 and we give the credit to O'Reilly. Yup, he is the ONLY reason the Blues are doing well.

Ror wasn’t the only cancer he just got blamed for a lot of the sht. The value you got for him is laughable to the level of hall for Larson.and he’s one of many major reasons the blues are doing well. In just love the “cancer in the locker room “ angle and dude is playing great and looks to be one for the blues best players
May 8, 2019 at 9:32 a.m.
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
nah. i think san jose takes it. home game. solid run by the avs. burns and karlsson were beasts last night. but if its the avs you're versing, im betting its gonna be a blues vs bruins cup final. but then again, the canes can surprise us. but in the long run, it seems as if the blues have finally found a good starter in binnington. rmr the trade rumors for tarasenko back in january lmao!

History is on the Avs side. So many game 7 loses. Least their not Anaheim.
May 8, 2019 at 9:40 a.m.
Ror wasn’t the only cancer he just got blamed for a lot of the sht. The value you got for him is laughable to the level of hall for Larson.and he’s one of many major reasons the blues are doing well. In just love the “cancer in the locker room “ angle and dude is playing great and looks to be one for the blues best players

he has had no effect in playoffs. Regular season 70 points, but he fits better in St.Louis anyway
GMTD liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 9:40 a.m.
Eichel Tower

I guess you missed the comparison to Hoffman return, that the return was substantially equal to what was given to get him, that the Blues were in last place until Binnington joined the team so how could HE be the major reason, the Blues missed the playoffs by one point last year and added Perron and Bozak as I said above. HE said he was the problem, HE said "I lost my love of the game", the captain NEVER quits, NEVER gives up, NEVER stops playing hard. This was not some media hype.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 9:44 a.m.
I guess you missed the comparison to Hoffman return, that the return was substantially equal to what was given to get him, that the Blues were in last place until Binnington joined the team so how could HE be the major reason, the Blues missed the playoffs by one point last year and added Perron and Bozak as I said above. HE said he was the problem, HE said "I lost my love of the game", the captain NEVER quits, NEVER gives up, NEVER stops playing hard. This was not some media hype.

Pat Maroon, Tyler Bozak, Ryan O'Reilly, David Perron, Jordan Binnington all of them have made a huge impact, but the biggest Playoff Performances First Year Player Robert Thomas, Brayden Schenn, and Jaden Schwartz are the guys who have done the most in playoffs. If we are talking about Regular season sure a season where he had 70 points, but most of them in the first half of the season when Blues were in last.
GMTD liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 9:54 a.m.
Eichel Tower
he has had no effect in playoffs. Regular season 70 points, but he fits better in St.Louis anyway

Pat Maroon, Tyler Bozak, Ryan O'Reilly, David Perron, Jordan Binnington all of them have made a huge impact, but the biggest Playoff Performances First Year Player Robert Thomas, Brayden Schenn, and Jaden Schwartz are the guys who have done the most in playoffs. If we are talking about Regular season sure a season where he had 70 points, but most of them in the first half of the season when Blues were in last.

Nice to hear from a Blues fan. I am too harsh on O'Reilly. He is obviously a very talented player and he was expected to lead the Sabres to the play offs. When he failed to do that, and basically announced that he wanted to be traded he had to go. I am sure the Blues were happy that they did not give up any players that were major contributors (but I did read Berglund was a great locker room presence, please comment) to get a great face off center and one who could PK, PP and regular shift. If he did not declare that he quit, I suppose the Sabres would have kept him, on the other hand, I noticed a jump in Eichel's play once O'Reilly was gone (wondered if O'Reilly was holding him back)
May 8, 2019 at 9:57 a.m.
Nice to hear from a Blues fan. I am too harsh on O'Reilly. He is obviously a very talented player and he was expected to lead the Sabres to the play offs. When he failed to do that, and basically announced that he wanted to be traded he had to go. I am sure the Blues were happy that they did not give up any players that were major contributors (but I did read Berglund was a great locker room presence, please comment) to get a great face off center and one who could PK, PP and regular shift. If he did not declare that he quit, I suppose the Sabres would have kept him, on the other hand, I noticed a jump in Eichel's play once O'Reilly was gone (wondered if O'Reilly was holding him back)

Berglund was a "leader", but he also had it too easy he was lazy on the ice. He could of been so much, but he just wasn't. Which is why he retired from hockey after Buffalo had enough of his laziness.
GMTD and gretzkyghosts liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 10:02 a.m.
Eichel Tower
Berglund was a "leader", but he also had it too easy he was lazy on the ice. He could of been so much, but he just wasn't. Which is why he retired from hockey after Buffalo had enough of his laziness.

Thank you very much. At the beginning of the season he was called the Swedish God Father by his team mates. I wish he could have performed as well as he did his last season for the Blues, he was originally penciled as the #2 center, then as you said, fell off of the face of the earth. I noticed that the Sabres decline coincided with his departure and while his leaving may have unnerved the team, I think his leadership was also missed.
Edit, I made the leap that his absence from the Blues may also have been partially the reason for the poor start.
May 8, 2019 at 10:57 a.m.
Banned

He has no effect in the playoffs? Man that’s a terrible. The guy is so effective in the defensive zone..... haha that’s a really bad take
May 8, 2019 at 11:01 a.m.
Banned

Hoffman wife was the issue or his gf........ from what I read. So dumb comparison to start..... and not a media hype but a escape goat for you guys and why you suck. Ror was a cancer we needed to dumb him..... not really the guy looks great for the blues. Maybe the organization is the issue? Idk or care just think it’s funny that he went from cancer to factor in a calendar year
May 8, 2019 at 11:11 a.m.
He has no effect in the playoffs? Man that’s a terrible. The guy is so effective in the defensive zone..... haha that’s a really bad take

you are joking right??? Game 7 is literally the only game he showed up in this series, you can't base a playoffs on 1 game. He did barely anything against WPG, and Dallas is much of the same except for "defense" in game 7.
GMTD and gretzkyghosts liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 11:41 a.m.
Banned
you are joking right??? Game 7 is literally the only game he showed up in this series, you can't base a playoffs on 1 game. He did barely anything against WPG, and Dallas is much of the same except for "defense" in game 7.

He’s 3rd in points on your team haha. He had 4 points in the last 5 games (DALLAS SERIES). Compelling points hah yeah he was invisible. Lmfao
May 8, 2019 at 12:03 p.m.
Eichel Tower

I presumed you watched every game. Getting bunch of points (winning a lot of face offs) does not mean one was a major contributor.
Hoffman wife was the issue or his gf........ from what I read. So dumb comparison to start..... and not a media hype but a escape goat for you guys and why you suck. Ror was a cancer we needed to dumb him..... not really the guy looks great for the blues. Maybe the organization is the issue? Idk or care just think it’s funny that he went from cancer to factor in a calendar year

That my friend is exactly the point, Hoffman did not quit his GF was the issue not Hoffman and yet he was traded for a player whose performance was equal to Berglund and yet you still call the O'Reilly trade bad. The issue was O'Reilly not his GF, HE quit, HE was the captain, yet you want a quitter on your team. The return was essentially equivalent to the assets to obtain him even though he devalued himself, yet you say it was the worse trade ever. I am happy that the Blues wanted him, it seems to have worked well for the Blues AFTER Binnington was added to the team.

I watched several games and O'Reilly was on the ice, I saw him make some nice plays, but to say he was a major factor would be a stretch, I agree with you and I am sure you watched every minute of the Blues playoff games.
As I said before, I wish the Sabres had the same success as the Blues. They either trade (Paul Stastny 2018 and miss the playoffs by one pt, Kevin Shattenkirk and make the playoffs) or lose players and are still successful. IMO the management knows what it is doing, good job my friend. Now that CBJ are out, I hope the Blues can do well.
May 8, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
Banned
I presumed you watched every game. Getting bunch of points (winning a lot of face offs) does not mean one was a major contributor.

That my friend is exactly the point, Hoffman did not quit his GF was the issue not Hoffman and yet he was traded for a player whose performance was equal to Berglund and yet you still call the O'Reilly trade bad. The issue was O'Reilly not his GF, HE quit, HE was the captain, yet you want a quitter on your team. The return was essentially equivalent to the assets to obtain him even though he devalued himself, yet you say it was the worse trade ever. I am happy that the Blues wanted him, it seems to have worked well for the Blues AFTER Binnington was added to the team.

I watched several games and O'Reilly was on the ice, I saw him make some nice plays, but to say he was a major factor would be a stretch, I agree with you and I am sure you watched every minute of the Blues playoff games.
As I said before, I wish the Sabres had the same success as the Blues. They either trade (Paul Stastny 2018 and miss the playoffs by one pt, Kevin Shattenkirk and make the playoffs) or lose players and are still successful. IMO the management knows what it is doing, good job my friend. Now that CBJ are out, I hope the Blues can do well.

Actually putting up a ton of points is one of the most important factors you could bring to the table. IMO

You compared ror to Hoffman not me. Ror was said to be a cancer or he quit blah blah. Seem irrelevant now that he’s helping his team win when it matters

Hoffman’s gf caused drama and he got traded. These seem like unrelated

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll