CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Cozens, Dylan
3$925,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Kahun, Dominik
  2. Murphy, Connor
Additional Details:
Kahun gets his raise after the Marleau contract expires. Toronto gets LW depth and a RHD
CAR
  1. Anisimov, Artem
  2. Sikura, Dylan
  3. 2020 4th round pick (CHI)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$66,617,494$0$2,932,500$16,882,506
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Cozens, Dylan
$925,000$925,000
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 10, 2019 at 9:56 a.m.
Drumman44
Edited May 10, 2019 at 10:04 a.m.
I like the idea of Nylander wearing the Indian head but you need to add a lot more to that trade for Toronto:

1. Retain a bit on Murphy (helps their cap)
2. Take back Marleau's last year
3. Add the 2020 1st rounder.

With all that, you can probably hang onto Kahun.
Csick123 liked this.
May 10, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
I'm not sure why Toronto would trade a top 6 forward for a middle pair D & 3rd line winger. Nylander has a lot more value than that and one of the pieces would likely be Jokiharju or Boqvist.
I think Toronto is under some cap issues because they do need a few defencemen plus Kapanen & Marber are RFA's, but it'll likely be Kadri or Marleau that's moved ahead of Nylander.
May 10, 2019 at 10:23 a.m.
Ricky
I don't think Marleau gets moved. Don't forget he has a full No move clause, so he controls his future, highly doubt he waves. Neither Jokiharju or Boqvist are going to get moved for Nylander. Honestly I don't see Nylander as a fit for the Blackhawks, they added Strome, he and d cat are due for raises after this coming season. The Hawks have a pretty good offense already and really need to bring in Defense, not lose defense for more offense, doesn't make much sense. Nylander is a bit of a risk right now, his value took a hit last season as he did not play well at all. Yes he is young and had success for a few years before so with a full training camp and working hard in the off season he should be primed for much better year.
May 10, 2019 at 10:27 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: kzaker12
I like the idea of Nylander wearing the Indian head but you need to add a lot more to that trade for Toronto:

You had me thinking it was reasonable till you said 2020 first.
Csick123 and ChiHawk liked this.
May 10, 2019 at 10:34 a.m.
Quoting: RamonDaze
I'm not sure why Toronto would trade a top 6 forward for a middle pair D & 3rd line winger. Nylander has a lot more value than that and one of the pieces would likely be Jokiharju or Boqvist.
I think Toronto is under some cap issues because they do need a few defencemen plus Kapanen & Marber are RFA's, but it'll likely be Kadri or Marleau that's moved ahead of Nylander.

Nylander, after the season he had and his cap hit, is not worth Jokiharju or Boqvist straight up...not happening.
May 10, 2019 at 10:35 a.m.
Perlini is not getting $2M. He'll get $1M to $1.5M...he still needs to prove he is a full time NHL player. Whether it's a 1 year or 2 year deal, TBD.
May 10, 2019 at 10:53 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: ChiHawk
Nylander, after the season he had and his cap hit, is not worth Jokiharju or Boqvist straight up...not happening.

You know what else is not going to happen, Chicago getting Nylander. Not that reality is going to stop you guys from trading for him every day under the guise of "helping the Leafs".

"After the season he had, he is barely worth a 2nd." Every person who actually knows how hockey is played rolls there eyes.
May 10, 2019 at 10:55 a.m.

Just because he isn’t worth Joki/Boqvist right now doesn’t mean they’re going to trade him for worse assets. Nylander has a ton of potential, and they will trade almost any other guy on their team to get out of cap hell before they trade him for Murphy and Kahun.
WindyCityHockeyGuy liked this.
May 10, 2019 at 11:38 a.m.
Drumman44
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
You had me thinking it was reasonable till you said 2020 first.

Emperor Stan, you know that the 2020 first rounder will be around ~25th overall with Nylander.
May 10, 2019 at 3:54 p.m.
Emperor Stan, you know that the 2020 first rounder will be around ~25th overall with Nylander.

Nylander is not turning around the Hawks. We need a dynamic winger on the first two lines, but Skinner and Panarin maybe be a higher cap hit but we don't lose assests for them and Nylander is not on the level of either one of those guys. Dzingel would come at a cheaper cap hit and we don't give up assets for him and his production was certainly better then Nylander; in fact this last season, Dzingel scored more goals then Nylander ever has.
May 10, 2019 at 3:57 p.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
You know what else is not going to happen, Chicago getting Nylander. Not that reality is going to stop you guys from trading for him every day under the guise of "helping the Leafs".

"After the season he had, he is barely worth a 2nd." Every person who actually knows how hockey is played rolls there eyes.

And every person who knows something about hockey would rolls their eyes when a suggestion like Boqvist or Jokiharju for Nylander is made. Nylander is worth a mid to late first and a B level prospect. Murphy, Kahun and a 2nd or 3rd is a fair offer for Nylander. He's a top 6 supporting cast member, not even a top 50 forward in the league.
May 10, 2019 at 4:04 p.m.
Banned
And every person who knows something about hockey would rolls their eyes when a suggestion like Boqvist or Jokiharju for Nylander is made. Nylander is worth a mid to late first and a B level prospect. Murphy, Kahun and a 2nd or 3rd is a fair offer for Nylander. He's a top 6 supporting cast member, not even a top 50 forward in the league.

So if we were both GM's, I'd never answer your number. You want to win the trade with a slam dunk. Nope, not interested we are building a winning franchise, good luck finding a trading partner who is going to work under your parameters. It certainly won't be me.
May 10, 2019 at 4:05 p.m.
So if we were both GM's, I'd never answer your number. You want to win the trade with a slam dunk. Nope, not interested we are building a winning franchise, good luck finding a trading partner who is going to work under your parameters. It certainly won't be me.

So if we were both GM's and you sent me an email asking for Boqvist for Nylander, I'd add your email address to my spam mailbox.

Nylander isn't even a top 50 forward....that's a fact. He's also a supporting cast member as we saw this year, a very good one, but nonetheless he's not carrying a line. End of story.
May 10, 2019 at 4:13 p.m.
Banned
So if we were both GM's and you sent me an email asking for Boqvist for Nylander, I'd add your email address to my spam mailbox.

Nylander isn't even a top 50 forward....that's a fact. He's also a supporting cast member as we saw this year, a very good one, but nonetheless he's not carrying a line. End of story.

Here is the thing and you should know this by now. I wouldn't offer you Nylander. End of story, he's a great player that I think is going to develop into a terrific part of our core with a great contract. That's what I think I have. So instead of trying to convince me that I am wrong and he sucks, either stop calling me and asking for him, or start treating me and my player with the respect that we deserve. Because saying on one hand that I want this player in my top 6 and in the other this player is just a support guy and isn't worth much is dishonest and disrespectful. If he is so bad, why do you want him.

Now before you go off again on why he isn't worth much, please keep in mind, I don't care what you think. I value Nylander and see him as part of my core, I don't want to move him. So either stop asking for him, or give me an offer I can't refuse because I am not listening to anything short of that.
May 10, 2019 at 4:44 p.m.
Here is the thing and you should know this by now. I wouldn't offer you Nylander. End of story, he's a great player that I think is going to develop into a terrific part of our core with a great contract. That's what I think I have. So instead of trying to convince me that I am wrong and he sucks, either stop calling me and asking for him, or start treating me and my player with the respect that we deserve. Because saying on one hand that I want this player in my top 6 and in the other this player is just a support guy and isn't worth much is dishonest and disrespectful. If he is so bad, why do you want him.

Now before you go off again on why he isn't worth much, please keep in mind, I don't care what you think. I value Nylander and see him as part of my core, I don't want to move him. So either stop asking for him, or give me an offer I can't refuse because I am not listening to anything short of that.

And here's the thing and you should know this by now, nobody is trading a future top line #1 RHD prospect OR a top 15 RHD guy currently playing 1 for 1 for a top 6 line supporting cast member. Nobody needs to convince anyone who knows hockey; bottom line is Nylander isn't Matthews, Marner, Kane, Debrincat, McDavid, Crosby, Ovy, Johnny hockey, McKinnon, Kurashev, etc. (you get the point). End of story.
May 10, 2019 at 4:53 p.m.
Banned
And here's the thing and you should know this by now, nobody is trading a future top line #1 RHD prospect OR a top 15 RHD guy currently playing 1 for 1 for a top 6 line supporting cast member. Nobody needs to convince anyone who knows hockey; bottom line is Nylander isn't Matthews, Marner, Kane, Debrincat, McDavid, Crosby, Ovy, Johnny hockey, McKinnon, Kurashev, etc. (you get the point). End of story.

What is your aim here? I don't want to move Nylander. You won't be able to convince me to move him, unless you treat him the same way I do. You won't so there is no discussion. What are you trying to do?
May 10, 2019 at 5:03 p.m.
What is your aim here? I don't want to move Nylander. You won't be able to convince me to move him, unless you treat him the same way I do. You won't so there is no discussion. What are you trying to do?

LMAO you responded to me Logan, I responded to someone else who suggested Nylander for Jokiharju or Boqvist and you jumped in responding to my response to someone else so obviously you're trying to convince me not vice versa. Bottom line, we aren't trading Boqvist or Jokiharju for Nylander...end of story. Ciao smile
May 10, 2019 at 5:10 p.m.
Banned
LMAO you responded to me Logan, I responded to someone else who suggested Nylander for Jokiharju or Boqvist and you jumped in responding to my response to someone else so obviously you're trying to convince me not vice versa. Bottom line, we aren't trading Boqvist or Jokiharju for Nylander...end of story. Ciao smile

This all started when I said the trade posted above here, and others that you have posted where you get Nylander for Murphy Sikura and a 2nd. Or some other equally poor return. Since then you have tried your hardest to convince me that Nylander isn't worth anything. I keep saying, he's a great player and he's going to get a lot better.

Then you keep saying if you think you are going to get some sort of blah blah blah... at which point I keep saying, I don't want to trade Nylander. Stop asking for him. And you keep saying stuff about how insane I am for thinking he is worth all these assets. At which point I again, say I don't want to trade him. Are you just trying to get the last word in? Its all yours.
May 10, 2019 at 5:15 p.m.
This all started when I said the trade posted above here, and others that you have posted where you get Nylander for Murphy Sikura and a 2nd. Or some other equally poor return. Since then you have tried your hardest to convince me that Nylander isn't worth anything. I keep saying, he's a great player and he's going to get a lot better.

Then you keep saying if you think you are going to get some sort of blah blah blah... at which point I keep saying, I don't want to trade Nylander. Stop asking for him. And you keep saying stuff about how insane I am for thinking he is worth all these assets. At which point I again, say I don't want to trade him. Are you just trying to get the last word in? Its all yours.

LOL, I didn't make this Armchair Logan....you first responded to me posting we aren't trading Boqvist or Jokiharju for Nylander which I responded to someone else's post.
May 10, 2019 at 5:18 p.m.
Banned
LOL, I didn't make this Armchair Logan....you first responded to me posting we aren't trading Boqvist or Jokiharju for Nylander which I responded to someone else's post.

Not sure if you have noticed, but I haven't once said on this thread anything about Boqvist or Jokiharju. In fact I have been very adamant that I don't want to move Nylander, period.
May 10, 2019 at 5:29 p.m.
Not sure if you have noticed, but I haven't once said on this thread anything about Boqvist or Jokiharju. In fact I have been very adamant that I don't want to move Nylander, period.

Okay great, but you didn't just say, you first responded to my response about another poster suggesting Boqvist or Jokiharju and responded with a sarcastic comment
"After the season he had, he is barely worth a 2nd."....nobody here said that and if you were trying to quote me I clarified what I think Nylander is worth which is clearly more then a 2nd....so Chicago fans don't think that Logan...nobody said that. End of story...not going to continue with this waste of time discussion other then to say, you jumped in and made a sarcastic comment that I clarified where mine and a lot of other fans here think...whether you agree or disagree doesn't matter...."you aren't trading" anybody because you're not the GM and neither is anyone else here.
May 10, 2019 at 6:22 p.m.
Banned
Okay great, but you didn't just say, you first responded to my response about another poster suggesting Boqvist or Jokiharju and responded with a sarcastic comment
"After the season he had, he is barely worth a 2nd."....nobody here said that and if you were trying to quote me I clarified what I think Nylander is worth which is clearly more then a 2nd....so Chicago fans don't think that Logan...nobody said that. End of story...not going to continue with this waste of time discussion other then to say, you jumped in and made a sarcastic comment that I clarified where mine and a lot of other fans here think...whether you agree or disagree doesn't matter...."you aren't trading" anybody because you're not the GM and neither is anyone else here.

You are correct, I was portraying my frustration over the ridiculous Nylander threads on here.
May 11, 2019 at 10:29 a.m.

Leafs are not dealing from a position of Strength..... they HAVE to move a bigger contract out when they resign Marner this off season so they aren’t gonna get full value for a guy like Nylander in that situation.
May 11, 2019 at 10:33 a.m.

Ok so your not trading Nylander...... how the hell do you expect to get out of Cap hell once Marner signs his big deal?? Nobody is going to do you a favor and take Marleau either.
May 11, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: WindyCityHockeyGuy
Ok so your not trading Nylander...... how the hell do you expect to get out of Cap hell once Marner signs his big deal?? Nobody is going to do you a favor and take Marleau either.

Just check out any of my recent AGM posts

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll