Bryam, Bowen
3$925,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Hughes, Quinn
Additional Details:
“Try to get me drafted to the hawks”

“I’m trying”

Conversation between Q Hughes and P Kane.
VAN
  1. Barratt, Evan [Reserve List]
  2. Beaudin, Nicolas
  3. Gustafsson, Erik
  4. Perlini, Brendan [RFA Rights]
  5. 2020 2nd round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
2020 2nd upgrades to a first based on performance of Q Hughes.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
15$83,000,000$54,225,128$0$6,340,000$28,774,872
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
Bryam, Bowen
$925,000$925,000
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$853,333$853,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 14, 2019 at 12:01 a.m.
JJ_91
Nope, Hughes is going to be our franchise dman. And even if we do a mock trade, there should defintely be a first rounder coming back, doesn't matter what other pieces u add in
brocklesnar liked this.
May 14, 2019 at 12:02 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: Strobez
Nope, Hughes is going to be our franchise dman. And even if we do a mock trade, there should defintely be a first rounder coming back, doesn't matter what other pieces u add in

Beaudin is a former first rounder.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 14, 2019 at 12:15 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
Beaudin is a former first rounder.

I like how Boqvist and Jokiharju are worth Nylander plus a first but then this pile is worth Q Hughs. You guys are totally fair and unbiased.
May 14, 2019 at 12:45 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: LoganOllivier
I like how Boqvist and Jokiharju are worth Nylander plus a first but then this pile is worth Q Hughs. You guys are totally fair and unbiased.

60 point D man
Former 1st rounder who had a good year in the Q
2 forwards with pretty good potential
A second round pick with a condition to move to a first

For an unproven, yet tantalizing Dman.

Yeah but it’s a pile sh*t is it.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 14, 2019 at 12:50 a.m.

Hardly a pile Logan, you just don't know the players apparently to make that comment. Nylander on the other hand scored 7 goals this season in 54 games without Matthews on his line.
May 14, 2019 at 1:07 a.m.
Best In The World
VAN decline and laugh
May 14, 2019 at 1:16 a.m.
Quoting: Strobez

Does our 2020 1st, Beaudin, and Gustafsson get us Hughes?
May 14, 2019 at 7:56 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: ChiHawk
Hardly a pile Logan, you just don't know the players apparently to make that comment. Nylander on the other hand scored 7 goals this season in 54 games without Matthews on his line.

One off season that clearly is an outlier makes all the difference but one good season makes a guy worth a tonne.
May 14, 2019 at 8:21 a.m.
Banned

Gustafsson is probably the best piece moving to Vancouver who is rebuilding. Perlini has some intriguing qualities but he's not really a prospect anymore and then you threw in a late first that hasn't really shown a tonne and before you defend him, look at Marc Hallowell for the Leafs, he was one of the top defenders in the OHL as a 20 year old this season but that doesn't mean he is anything more than a long term project. Barratt isn't anything special either and the 2nd is a lottery ticket. All of that for a kid who could be one of the best picks in his draft year. This is a massive win for the Hawks.

This is the same as TO trading Moore (Perlini), Gardiner (Gustafsson), Hallowell, and Gautier ( a former 1st rounded) and a 2nd for Boqvist. That actually is a better haul since Gardiner has a longer track record of being an offensively gifted but defensively terrible defenceman than Gustafsson. You guys think all your prospects are a prospects. It's easy to fall into that trap, in my younger years I did the same thing for the Leafs. I'd be on here arguing Kapanan was worth a ransom because all his talent. The reality is, most of these guys will never be anything, so the truly high end guys you just don't move unless you are getting something for sure back and this trade offers two NHLers who either have had 1 good year at age 27, or are clearly just a bottom 6 depth guy and two long shots and a 2nd for a guy who will likely be battling for the Calder next season. To get Hugh's would cost Boqvist + and that is only because Vancouver would have no desire to move him, so it would cost you more than he's worth.
May 14, 2019 at 11:05 a.m.
Gustafsson is probably the best piece moving to Vancouver who is rebuilding. Perlini has some intriguing qualities but he's not really a prospect anymore and then you threw in a late first that hasn't really shown a tonne and before you defend him, look at Marc Hallowell for the Leafs, he was one of the top defenders in the OHL as a 20 year old this season but that doesn't mean he is anything more than a long term project. Barratt isn't anything special either and the 2nd is a lottery ticket. All of that for a kid who could be one of the best picks in his draft year. This is a massive win for the Hawks.

This is the same as TO trading Moore (Perlini), Gardiner (Gustafsson), Hallowell, and Gautier ( a former 1st rounded) and a 2nd for Boqvist. That actually is a better haul since Gardiner has a longer track record of being an offensively gifted but defensively terrible defenceman than Gustafsson. You guys think all your prospects are a prospects. It's easy to fall into that trap, in my younger years I did the same thing for the Leafs. I'd be on here arguing Kapanan was worth a ransom because all his talent. The reality is, most of these guys will never be anything, so the truly high end guys you just don't move unless you are getting something for sure back and this trade offers two NHLers who either have had 1 good year at age 27, or are clearly just a bottom 6 depth guy and two long shots and a 2nd for a guy who will likely be battling for the Calder next season. To get Hugh's would cost Boqvist + and that is only because Vancouver would have no desire to move him, so it would cost you more than he's worth.

Ummm..Beaudin was selected at #27 in the draft last June. He has a stellar first year as a drafted rookie; his value certainly hasn't gone down and if anything has gone up. He's ready for the NHL next year. You forget him in the entire explanation above. Barratt had 43 points in 32 games last year at Penn...that's not something to be ignored either. While he's not of the level of Beaudin, he's certainly going to be a solid bottom 6 player at his current develop who is also ready for the NHL next year. Add in a conditional 1st.

This is hardly a "pile" Logan.

Gardiner is close but never put up 60 points and is about to turn 29...FYI. Perlini is a former 1st round draft pick and is not only younger then Moore but has put up more goals and points then Moore....that's a BAD comparison. I don't know who Gautier is, tried looking him up but don't see him. This is hardly apples to apples.
May 14, 2019 at 11:12 a.m.
Banned
Ummm..Beaudin was selected at #27 in the draft last June. He has a stellar first year as a drafted rookie; his value certainly hasn't gone down and if anything has gone up. He's ready for the NHL next year. You forget him in the entire explanation above. Barratt had 43 points in 32 games last year at Penn...that's not something to be ignored either. While he's not of the level of Beaudin, he's certainly going to be a solid bottom 6 player at his current develop who is also ready for the NHL next year. Add in a conditional 1st.

This is hardly a "pile" Logan. I don't know who Gautier is, tried looking him up but don't see him.

He's the Leafs 4th line centre who was a former 1st rounder. That one was a bad example. The point is, every prospect and player for the Hawks is a definite NHL player and future star according to you. The reality is, most of the players will never be more than depth guys. Many won't ever make it. The Pen state guy you say is a sure fire NHLer, Bozak had terrific stats in college and is one of the most successful college FA's ever and he's never been more than a 2c on a bad team. Until they make it they are all huge question marks. One thing for sure, Hughes is going to be a top performer in Vancouver next season. He's possibly their best defenceman already (as terrifying as that is) for them to move him, it has to make sense and this one hit wonder and bag of lottery tickets isn't close to enough to get them to even think about listening to anything else you ever say.
May 14, 2019 at 11:22 a.m.
He's the Leafs 4th line centre who was a former 1st rounder. That one was a bad example. The point is, every prospect and player for the Hawks is a definite NHL player and future star according to you. The reality is, most of the players will never be more than depth guys. Many won't ever make it. The Pen state guy you say is a sure fire NHLer, Bozak had terrific stats in college and is one of the most successful college FA's ever and he's never been more than a 2c on a bad team. Until they make it they are all huge question marks. One thing for sure, Hughes is going to be a top performer in Vancouver next season. He's possibly their best defenceman already (as terrifying as that is) for them to move him, it has to make sense and this one hit wonder and bag of lottery tickets isn't close to enough to get them to even think about listening to anything else you ever say.

I never said every prospect is a NHL start...clearly you are putting words in my mouth Logan. I didn't propose this team, I'm simply addressing you calling this a 'pile' when CLEARLY you don't know who all these players are to say that. A conditional 1st, two very recent former 1st rounders (Beaudin will be a top 4 D guy, and Perlini is a work in progress but he's shown flashes he can be a top 6 and is a lock to play top 9 minutes already), a bottom 6 prospect, and a top 5 defenseman in points this past season is not a 'pile'. Then you go on to make bad comparison's with Toronto players.

Whether the trade is fair or not (didn't comment on it) is another story but this is hardly a pile and NOBODY is saying all of Chicago's prospects are NHL stars....stop making blanket statements like this is shows your position is weak. What I've shared here is a very realistic projection of these players....end of story.
May 14, 2019 at 11:43 a.m.
Banned
I never said every prospect is a NHL start...clearly you are putting words in my mouth Logan. I didn't propose this team, I'm simply addressing you calling this a 'pile' when CLEARLY you don't know who all these players are to say that. A conditional 1st, two very recent former 1st rounders (Beaudin will be a top 4 D guy, and Perlini is a work in progress but he's shown flashes he can be a top 6 and is a lock to play top 9 minutes already), a bottom 6 prospect, and a top 5 defenseman in points this past season is not a 'pile'. Then you go on to make bad comparison's with Toronto players.

Whether the trade is fair or not (didn't comment on it) is another story but this is hardly a pile and NOBODY is saying all of Chicago's prospects are NHL stars....stop making blanket statements like this is shows your position is weak. What I've shared here is a very realistic projection of these players....end of story.

You really have a knack for missing the point. It doesn't matter what you say about these prospects. Hughes is already Vancouvers best defenceman, they see him as one of the future pillars of their franchise. They don't want to move him, so for them to consider it, it has to be super enticing, there is nothing enticing about this. I probably wouldn't be that interested in this package for Liljegren and Hughes is much better than Liljegren. That 1st rounder from last years draft is interesting but still a couple of seasons away. The other prospects are all long shots or bottom 6 players and Gustafsson had a great year offensively but is terrible in his own end at 5v5. When I look at all the pieces on the table, Hughes is by far the most interesting piece and its not at all close.

That is why I am saying you are overvaluing your own prospects. Its clear that the best piece is hughes.
May 14, 2019 at 11:57 a.m.
You really have a knack for missing the point. It doesn't matter what you say about these prospects. Hughes is already Vancouvers best defenceman, they see him as one of the future pillars of their franchise. They don't want to move him, so for them to consider it, it has to be super enticing, there is nothing enticing about this. I probably wouldn't be that interested in this package for Liljegren and Hughes is much better than Liljegren. That 1st rounder from last years draft is interesting but still a couple of seasons away. The other prospects are all long shots or bottom 6 players and Gustafsson had a great year offensively but is terrible in his own end at 5v5. When I look at all the pieces on the table, Hughes is by far the most interesting piece and its not at all close.

That is why I am saying you are overvaluing your own prospects. Its clear that the best piece is hughes.

You really have a knack for making blanket, inaccurate statements and I'm calling you out on them. Either you're ignorant to the players/prospects or too quick to react without doing your homework...your comparison player for player with Toronto shows how off you are. Another one here, saying Gus's defensive game is "terrible" again shows how you make inaccurate blanket statements because anyone who has watched him closely would agree with that statement through December but not from January on. Is his defenseman game good...no, but hardly terrible...it's below average but not a "F" more like a C-.

Again, how am I overvaluing my prospects? I just spelled out each player and what they are worth in an earlier post, this is completely inline with what scouting reports say.

Now quantity, which this is, doesn't always equal quality which agree that Hughes is the best guy in this trade but that doesn't mean the value isn't there...that's based on the nucks needs and how many holes they need to fill.
May 14, 2019 at 12:05 p.m.
Banned
You really have a knack for making blanket, inaccurate statements and I'm calling you out on them. Either you're ignorant to the players/prospects or too quick to react without doing your homework...your comparison player for player with Toronto shows how off you are. Another one here, saying Gus's defensive game is "terrible" again shows how you make inaccurate blanket statements because anyone who has watched him closely would agree with that statement through December but not from January on. Is his defenseman game good...no, but hardly terrible...it's below average but not a "F" more like a C-.

Again, how am I overvaluing my prospects? I just spelled out each player and what they are worth in an earlier post, this is completely inline with what scouting reports say. Now quantity, which this is, doesn't always equal quality which agree that Hughes is the best guy in this trade but that doesn't mean the value isn't there...that's based on the nucks needs and how many holes they need to fill.

Once again the point is eluding you.

The trade proposed here is the point. Lets put all the pieces on the table, what is the enticing piece? Hughes, by a massive amount. Most people probably haven't heard of any one other than hughes out of these players.

So Vancouver is a rebuilding team, they have some up front pieces to build around in Petterson, Horvat and Boeser but their defence is awfully thin except for their next wonder rookie in Q Hughes. They see him as their future blueline star as soon as next season. What out of the stuff you are offering is remotely close to Hughes. The answer is nothing. Its the same thing if we are talking about trading for McDavid (I know they are not the same player but just listen to the analogy) if you are offering Saad, Perlini, Gustafsson, Sikura, the guy who was drafted 27th overall last year and the other 2 guys mentioned in this trade, that isn't remotely close to enough to get Edmonton to think about moving McDavid. Why? Because there is nothing there that is close enough to do what the other team thinks the player in question can do. No one in this trade is considered a potential elite player, apart from Hughes. So why would Vancouver move someone who they think is going to be their future #1 defenceman for a bunch of things that will equate to depth players.
May 14, 2019 at 12:46 p.m.
Once again the point is eluding you.

The trade proposed here is the point. Lets put all the pieces on the table, what is the enticing piece? Hughes, by a massive amount. Most people probably haven't heard of any one other than hughes out of these players.

So Vancouver is a rebuilding team, they have some up front pieces to build around in Petterson, Horvat and Boeser but their defence is awfully thin except for their next wonder rookie in Q Hughes. They see him as their future blueline star as soon as next season. What out of the stuff you are offering is remotely close to Hughes. The answer is nothing. Its the same thing if we are talking about trading for McDavid (I know they are not the same player but just listen to the analogy) if you are offering Saad, Perlini, Gustafsson, Sikura, the guy who was drafted 27th overall last year and the other 2 guys mentioned in this trade, that isn't remotely close to enough to get Edmonton to think about moving McDavid. Why? Because there is nothing there that is close enough to do what the other team thinks the player in question can do. No one in this trade is considered a potential elite player, apart from Hughes. So why would Vancouver move someone who they think is going to be their future #1 defenceman for a bunch of things that will equate to depth players.

The fact that you have Hughes and McDavid in the same context is enough for me; Hughes isn't even close to the upside of what McDavid was then which explains your responses here....Hughes is not elite like Dahlin was. He's going to be a top 2 D guy in the same context of Boqvist but make no mistake, neither player is projected to be a Dahlin or Byram for that matter and definitely not McDavid.
May 14, 2019 at 1:06 p.m.
Banned
The fact that you have Hughes and McDavid in the same context is enough for me; Hughes isn't even close to the upside of what McDavid was then which explains your responses here....Hughes is not elite like Dahlin was. He's going to be a top 2 D guy in the same context of Boqvist but make no mistake, neither player is projected to be a Dahlin or Byram for that matter and definitely not McDavid.

I admitted that in the same sentence that I mentioned McDavid.

The point is, quantity doesn't equate to quality.

If Vancouver puts all the pieces mentioned on the table, the one that has the biggest upside and value is by far Hughes. Nothing you are offering is anything remotely close to what Vancouver sees in Hughes. So why would they trade a guy who they feel is going to be the anchor of their defence and a true #1 defenceman for a bunch of maybes and bottom half players? That is the point.

The McDavid analogy was the same question, you aren't getting McDavid for several serviceable bottom 6 players and some long shot prospects, its going to cost another star player. So to get hughes who obviously isn't get a star player but is very much a top level prospect, its going to cost an equally high level prospect, like Boqvist or Jokiharju. Not a collection of lesser assets that together may have some good players in it but nothing that blows the doors off.

I don't really know how to make this more clear. The fact that I said McDavid and then put in brackets how it was just an example, and you didn't understand that I obviously don't see Hughes and McDavid in the same light makes me question if you have any desire to understand the other side of any discussion.
May 14, 2019 at 2:07 p.m.
Chicago Blackhawks
This whole thing? tl:dr

However I'm still ****ing livid that the canucks got Quinn Hughes and would just about give them anything to get him. **** Vancouver...
May 14, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
I admitted that in the same sentence that I mentioned McDavid.

The point is, quantity doesn't equate to quality.

If Vancouver puts all the pieces mentioned on the table, the one that has the biggest upside and value is by far Hughes. Nothing you are offering is anything remotely close to what Vancouver sees in Hughes. So why would they trade a guy who they feel is going to be the anchor of their defence and a true #1 defenceman for a bunch of maybes and bottom half players? That is the point.

The McDavid analogy was the same question, you aren't getting McDavid for several serviceable bottom 6 players and some long shot prospects, its going to cost another star player. So to get hughes who obviously isn't get a star player but is very much a top level prospect, its going to cost an equally high level prospect, like Boqvist or Jokiharju. Not a collection of lesser assets that together may have some good players in it but nothing that blows the doors off.

I don't really know how to make this more clear. The fact that I said McDavid and then put in brackets how it was just an example, and you didn't understand that I obviously don't see Hughes and McDavid in the same light makes me question if you have any desire to understand the other side of any discussion.

That's not how trades work out. Trading Jokiharju or Boqvist for Hughes would be a net zero gain for either team other then Hughes is a LHD and the other two are RHD. Trades usually work out by giving multiple assets that a team needs in exchange for one or two better assets. Look at trades in the past for a top prospect or top players in the league. It's not like trades are Kane for Crosby. As far as value for Hughes in this armchair is largely dependent on what Vancouver needs and what they already have in their prospect system. Beaudin, Gus, Perlini, Barratt and a conditional 1st is not a "pile" as you put it and that's a fact. All 4 of those players will fill roles on a NHL team.
May 14, 2019 at 3:45 p.m.
Banned
That's not how trades work out. Trading Jokiharju or Boqvist for Hughes would be a net zero gain for either team other then Hughes is a LHD and the other two are RHD. Trades usually work out by giving multiple assets that a team needs in exchange for one or two better assets. Look at trades in the past for a top prospect or top players in the league. It's not like trades are Kane for Crosby. As far as value for Hughes in this armchair is largely dependent on what Vancouver needs and what they already have in their prospect system. Beaudin, Gus, Perlini, Barratt and a conditional 1st is not a "pile" as you put it and that's a fact. All 4 of those players will fill roles on a NHL team.

Vancouver doesn't have defensive prospects beyond Hughes that's kind of the point and moving a LHD for a RHD kind of makes sense in certain scenarios. I get his trades work but one thing I don't think you understand is that a teams need doesn't really inflate a players value, or at least is shouldn't.

If team A is short on centres, that doesn't make Player B who is a centre prospect more valuable just because there is a need. It may mean the team will look at Player B but if play But is rated at 70 out of 100 the other teams need doesn't boost that value to 80. He's still a 70.

In this proposed trade you are asking a team that essentially needs everything but most importantly key core pieces to build around, to move a guy who they see as a potential piece to build their Blueline around, for some lottery tickets and potential depth guys.

It's like TO saying we need a top pair Right handed partner for Rielly and then trading Rielly for a 2nd pair guy and a 3rd pair guy. That doesn't make sense. You are getting some depth but creating a incredibly hard to fill holes.
May 14, 2019 at 5:12 p.m.
Vancouver doesn't have defensive prospects beyond Hughes that's kind of the point and moving a LHD for a RHD kind of makes sense in certain scenarios. I get his trades work but one thing I don't think you understand is that a teams need doesn't really inflate a players value, or at least is shouldn't.

If team A is short on centres, that doesn't make Player B who is a centre prospect more valuable just because there is a need. It may mean the team will look at Player B but if play But is rated at 70 out of 100 the other teams need doesn't boost that value to 80. He's still a 70.

In this proposed trade you are asking a team that essentially needs everything but most importantly key core pieces to build around, to move a guy who they see as a potential piece to build their Blueline around, for some lottery tickets and potential depth guys.

It's like TO saying we need a top pair Right handed partner for Rielly and then trading Rielly for a 2nd pair guy and a 3rd pair guy. That doesn't make sense. You are getting some depth but creating a incredibly hard to fill holes.

There you go again; "lottery tickets" and "potential depth guys"...you are at this point obviously minimizing everyone in the Hawks trade because like most fans you don't know anyone that isn't in the league already or isn't a top 10 pick in the last year or two.

How is Beaudin and Gus a lottery ticket or depth guys? Gus clearly is neither and Beaudin as rated by scouts isn't either. Beaudin is either projected as a 1st line or 2nd line defender by the professionals. Gus is already proven to be that a top line or 2nd line defender. There is no arguing this so why you call these guys "lottery tickets" or "depth guys" is beyond me.

IF the Nucks need to fill two top 2 line defensive slots (Beaudin and Gus), a middle 6 winger (Perlini) and a bottom 6 center (Barratt) then this does make sense (not to mention the 1st round pick). If they only need a top line defender and the rest they have viable alternatives to, then this doesn't make sense. It's rather simple. Nobody is inflating anything players values, you just aren't as familiar with Beaudin or Barratt it sounds like. 1 top defensive pairing (maybe a #1 defensive guy...unkown yet) may be worth (2) top 2 line defensive guys, a middle 6 winger and bottom 6 center. Again, purely based on team needs and what fills holes. While Hughes is projected to be a #1 or #2 guy like Boqvist, nobody is saying he is the next Brent Burns or a Dahlin, stop acting like it to prove a point.
May 14, 2019 at 9:02 p.m.
Banned
There you go again; "lottery tickets" and "potential depth guys"...you are at this point obviously minimizing everyone in the Hawks trade because like most fans you don't know anyone that isn't in the league already or isn't a top 10 pick in the last year or two.

How is Beaudin and Gus a lottery ticket or depth guys? Gus clearly is neither and Beaudin as rated by scouts isn't either. Beaudin is either projected as a 1st line or 2nd line defender by the professionals. Gus is already proven to be that a top line or 2nd line defender. There is no arguing this so why you call these guys "lottery tickets" or "depth guys" is beyond me.

IF the Nucks need to fill two top 2 line defensive slots (Beaudin and Gus), a middle 6 winger (Perlini) and a bottom 6 center (Barratt) then this does make sense (not to mention the 1st round pick). If they only need a top line defender and the rest they have viable alternatives to, then this doesn't make sense. It's rather simple. Nobody is inflating anything players values, you just aren't as familiar with Beaudin or Barratt it sounds like. 1 top defensive pairing (maybe a #1 defensive guy...unkown yet) may be worth (2) top 2 line defensive guys, a middle 6 winger and bottom 6 center. Again, purely based on team needs and what fills holes. While Hughes is projected to be a #1 or #2 guy like Boqvist, nobody is saying he is the next Brent Burns or a Dahlin, stop acting like it to prove a point.

Vancouver sees Hughes as there Karlsson. He's highly valued, they won't trade that unless they already had it and have other holes. Finding a true #1 is hard to do, when you get someone you think is that, you keep him. What you are offering is not anywhere close to what they see Hughes being. So again it's not saying your players are crap, I am not debating anything about their possible potential. I am saying Hughes is special, Vancouver isn't moving from that unless they are getting a true #1 defenceman prospect back because it's something they desperately need.
May 14, 2019 at 9:04 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Vancouver sees Hughes as there Karlsson. He's highly valued, they won't trade that unless they already had it and have other holes. Finding a true #1 is hard to do, when you get someone you think is that, you keep him. What you are offering is not anywhere close to what they see Hughes being. So again it's not saying your players are crap, I am not debating anything about their possible potential. I am saying Hughes is special, Vancouver isn't moving from that unless they are getting a true #1 defenceman prospect back because it's something they desperately need.

Lol you have really changed your tone from your first post.
May 14, 2019 at 9:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
Lol you have really changed your tone from your first post.

I stand by that statement, if anyone proposed trading Boqvist to the Leafs you guys would be saying it starts with Nylander and includes Liljegren, Bracco and a 1st. 100% you guys would say something like that. Which is about 1000 times better package than what is proposed here for Hughes.

You guys are homers, which is totally fine but just understand it.
May 14, 2019 at 9:34 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
I stand by that statement, if anyone proposed trading Boqvist to the Leafs you guys would be saying it starts with Nylander and includes Liljegren, Bracco and a 1st. 100% you guys would say something like that. Which is about 1000 times better package than what is proposed here for Hughes.

You guys are homers, which is totally fine but just understand it.

Lol why would the leafs want Boqvist.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll