SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Sharks defeat Blues 5-4 (OT) Lead Series 2-1

May 15, 2019 at 11:11 p.m.
Pain.
Edited May 15, 2019 at 11:26 p.m.. Reason: Meier's handpass was batting puck down to ice, therefore I believe it's a good goal.
Sharks are handed a win via the NHL.
It's okay blues fans.
May 15, 2019 at 11:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Bad call IMO. How is that a goal?
RagingSharksFan liked this.
May 15, 2019 at 11:19 p.m.
Pain.
to be honest I don't know. Refs should of seen it. But Meier batted the puck down. Blues should of won though.
May 16, 2019 at 12:51 a.m.
Imagine if the Cup were decided on a goal like this! It would surely taint the victory and place an asterisk next to the team's name on the Cup. They need ALL GOALS to be reviewed! The standard should be to disallow any goal where an infraction, like a hand pass or puck out of play, occurs since the puck entered the offensive zone. You can't rewind indefinitely! There needs to be an objective standard here.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 16, 2019 at 3:08 a.m.
There have been more blatant blown calls this postseason than during any in recent memory. Pucks in the netting, missed penalties right before goals, minor penalties called majors (Eakin on Pavelski), majors called minors (McAvoy on Anderson), and now a seemingly obvious hand pass right before an OT-GWG. This was arguably the worst b/c it directly led to an OT goal. NHL's worst nightmare. STL was probably the best team and lost on a missed call.
May 16, 2019 at 9:59 a.m.
Serious question - Am I the only one that sees it hit Boumeester's leg? I don't think it made a ton of contact and I know it was a bouncing puck, but It appeared to change direction. Even if you watch Karlsson, he had to delay and change his position slightly.

*not a Sharks or Blues fan
May 16, 2019 at 10:10 a.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
There have been more blatant blown calls this postseason than during any in recent memory. Pucks in the netting, missed penalties right before goals, minor penalties called majors (Eakin on Pavelski), majors called minors (McAvoy on Anderson), and now a seemingly obvious hand pass right before an OT-GWG. This was arguably the worst b/c it directly led to an OT goal. NHL's worst nightmare. STL was probably the best team and lost on a missed call.

Just an FYI - On the McAvoy play - I do not believe you can receive a major for a hit to the head. You can get a minor and a match. It's a weird rule, but it wasn't the wrong call. You can argue the match, but in context it was just after all the backlash on the Pavelski hit and Eakin suspension.
May 16, 2019 at 11:04 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: Propeller09
Serious question - Am I the only one that sees it hit Boumeester's leg? I don't think it made a ton of contact and I know it was a bouncing puck, but It appeared to change direction. Even if you watch Karlsson, he had to delay and change his position slightly.

*not a Sharks or Blues fan

Even if it did hit Bouwmeester's leg, possession never changed so the hand pass still should have been called.
May 16, 2019 at 1:06 p.m.
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Even if it did hit Bouwmeester's leg, possession never changed so the hand pass still should have been called.

Are you sure that is accurate? Boumeester did kick at it. If it were a delayed penalty and the player kicked the puck, it would be "possession" - Again, I am not sure if he did make contact, so maybe that is the key, but I am not sure that is a possession play. If you high stick a puck and it makes contact with the opposing team on the way down, I believe it's a live play.

I am not trying to be argumentative. I am not sure of the rule...
May 16, 2019 at 2:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Propeller09
Are you sure that is accurate? Boumeester did kick at it. If it were a delayed penalty and the player kicked the puck, it would be "possession" - Again, I am not sure if he did make contact, so maybe that is the key, but I am not sure that is a possession play. If you high stick a puck and it makes contact with the opposing team on the way down, I believe it's a live play.

I am not trying to be argumentative. I am not sure of the rule...

79.1 Hand Pass - A player shall be permitted to stop or “bat” a puck in the air with his open hand, or push it along the ice with his hand, and the play shall not be stopped unless, in the opinion of the on-ice officials, he has directed the puck to a teammate, or has allowed his team to gain an advantage, and subsequently possession and control of the puck is obtained by a player of the offending team, either directly or deflected off any player or official.
Propeller09 liked this.
May 16, 2019 at 2:04 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
79.1 Hand Pass - A player shall be permitted to stop or “bat” a puck in the air with his open hand, or push it along the ice with his hand, and the play shall not be stopped unless, in the opinion of the on-ice officials, he has directed the puck to a teammate, or has allowed his team to gain an advantage, and subsequently possession and control of the puck is obtained by a player of the offending team, either directly or deflected off any player or official.

So possession. At best it was a deflection.
No goal.
Thanks.
rangersandislesfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll