Forums/Armchair-GM

Trouba to DET

Created by: CFMan
Team: 2019-20 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: May 15, 2019
Published: May 20, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not spending to cap so that they can resign and make bigger splash in FA next year.

WPG gets young RHD that can be top 4 as well as WPG native in Bowey WPG recoups some of the picks they lost. Trouba can also mentor Cholowski like he did with Morrissey.

CAR gets scoring depth, DET gets young LHD both orgs get what they want.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,000,000
7$8,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$7,000,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
kaski, oliwer
2$925,000
Trades
DET
  1. Trouba, Jacob [RFA Rights]
WPG
  1. Bowey, Madison
  2. Hronek, Filip
  3. 2019 2nd round pick (DET)
  4. 2019 6th round pick (DET)
  5. 2020 4th round pick (DET)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the DET
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,000,000$74,514,999$145,000$3,650,000$8,485,001
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
UFA - 4
$3,300,000$3,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$894,166$894,166
LD
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
UFA - 7
$4,000,000$4,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,100,000$1M)
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$2,687,500$2,687,500
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
kaski, oliwer
$925,000$925,000
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,166,666$3,166,666
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,083,333$6,083,333
C
UFA - 2
$3,954,545$3,954,545
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 20, 2019 at 2:15 p.m.
Hronek's p/60 numbers and metrics in his first season were almost identical to Trouba's in his best season offensively. Plus Hronek is 21 and is close to $6M cheaper. I could see Bowey and Rasmussen going in a trade or one of them and Detroit's 2nd rd pick this year but anything more for a rental is absurd Plus until Hronek got called up and had a chance to play a few games Cholowski was Detroit's top D prospect and still has a chance to be a top pair defenseman. Since Detroit isn't going to the playoffs next year it makes to give up that many players for 1 guy. Go Look at moves made By Buffalo and Edmonton that have kept them is rebuild mode for the better part of a decade. Trouba would be nice but we don't need him right now we need to keep building our prospect pool and giving they players a chance to improve.
May 20, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I would love that trade for the Jets.
aedoran liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 2:22 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I would love that trade for the Jets.

It is really good for the Jets. 5 assets for 1 what's not to like.
May 20, 2019 at 2:28 p.m.
Number 1 Kahun Fan
Quoting: aedoran
Hronek's p/60 numbers and metrics in his first season were almost identical to Trouba's in his best season offensively. Plus Hronek is 21 and is close to $6M cheaper. I could see Bowey and Rasmussen going in a trade or one of them and Detroit's 2nd rd pick this year but anything more for a rental is absurd Plus until Hronek got called up and had a chance to play a few games Cholowski was Detroit's top D prospect and still has a chance to be a top pair defenseman. Since Detroit isn't going to the playoffs next year it makes to give up that many players for 1 guy. Go Look at moves made By Buffalo and Edmonton that have kept them is rebuild mode for the better part of a decade. Trouba would be nice but we don't need him right now we need to keep building our prospect pool and giving they players a chance to improve.

Detroits defense right now is split being either too young or too old Trouba bridges that. Even if you signed Trouba to a huge contract its not like Detroit is in that bad of a cap situation. I honestly thought it was a lot worse but you guys free up so much space next season even if you signed Trouba to 10 or 11 million dollar contract(which he isnt worth and wont be) you guys would still be okay. Your prospect pool is basically built after this year, the only thing you need is a competent goal tender. I'm familiar with some of DET prospects but none of their goalies, do you guys have one that you think could be no. 1 in the future?
May 20, 2019 at 3:16 p.m.
Quoting: CFMan
Detroits defense right now is split being either too young or too old Trouba bridges that. Even if you signed Trouba to a huge contract its not like Detroit is in that bad of a cap situation. I honestly thought it was a lot worse but you guys free up so much space next season even if you signed Trouba to 10 or 11 million dollar contract(which he isnt worth and wont be) you guys would still be okay. Your prospect pool is basically built after this year, the only thing you need is a competent goal tender. I'm familiar with some of DET prospects but none of their goalies, do you guys have one that you think could be no. 1 in the future?

But trading players that could end up being better Trouba is not smart and the age bridge is pointless because at the end next season Ericsson, Daley and Kronwall will be retired. Maybe Green gets traded at the TDL or retires himself. Then it leaves Bowey, DeKeyser, Hronek, Cholowski and probably McIsaac (Who has looked really good at the Memorial cup so far). It's not the money to pay Trouba its what we have to give up to get him. You have our best D prospect who was playing on or near Trouba's level in his first season. A young D man who looked like he fit in very well toward the end of the season and 3 draft picks for TROUBA not Lindstrom, Burns or Doughty! A number #2 dman that is a free agent at the end of the season. Detroit has Beriner for 2 more years and Howard is signed till the end of next season and could easily sign for another year if needed he just wants to stay in Detroit. Rybar had a good season in Grand Rapids this year and less than impressive appearance at the worlds. But they did just sign Larsson. So you are right Detroit doesn't have a number 1 goaltender but they do have time to sort that out and moving out Abs, Helm and Neilson has to happen before Detroit can even think about being a contender. But if Detroit trades 5 assets for Trouba what are they going use to get a goalie?
CFMan liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 3:57 p.m.
Number 1 Kahun Fan
But trading players that could end up being better Trouba is not smart and the age bridge is pointless because at the end next season Ericsson, Daley and Kronwall will be retired. Maybe Green gets traded at the TDL or retires himself. Then it leaves Bowey, DeKeyser, Hronek, Cholowski and probably McIsaac (Who has looked really good at the Memorial cup so far). It's not the money to pay Trouba its what we have to give up to get him. You have our best D prospect who was playing on or near Trouba's level in his first season. A young D man who looked like he fit in very well toward the end of the season and 3 draft picks for TROUBA not Lindstrom, Burns or Doughty! A number #2 dman that is a free agent at the end of the season. Detroit has Beriner for 2 more years and Howard is signed till the end of next season and could easily sign for another year if needed he just wants to stay in Detroit. Rybar had a good season in Grand Rapids this year and less than impressive appearance at the worlds. But they did just sign Larsson. So you are right Detroit doesn't have a number 1 goaltender but they do have time to sort that out and moving out Abs, Helm and Neilson has to happen before Detroit can even think about being a contender. But if Detroit trades 5 assets for Trouba what are they going use to get a goalie?

If you say his numbers were on or near troubas then I believe you. I had just seen other Detroit ACGM all trading for him, and it seems like a good fit since hes RHD and from Michigan. I just didnt think having a top pairing of 2 young dmen would be a good plan going forward, I figured Trouba could carry some of the load and responsibility. Yeah goaltenders are tricky, but relying on a 1A, 1B in Howard/Bernier for a few years isnt the worst plan.
aedoran liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 4:27 p.m.
If you say his numbers were on or near troubas then I believe you. I had just seen other Detroit ACGM all trading for him, and it seems like a good fit since hes RHD and from Michigan. I just didnt think having a top pairing of 2 young dmen would be a good plan going forward, I figured Trouba could carry some of the load and responsibility. Yeah goaltenders are tricky, but relying on a 1A, 1B in Howard/Bernier for a few years isnt the worst plan.

It's the second time I've said this and I expect to catch hell for it but I do think Hronek will be better than Trouba. Now I am a Detroit fan and of course that plays into it some so if that makes me a homer fine. Trouba is from Detroit and the media has been saying since his hold out that he wants to come home to Detroit. Every the media talks about a player coming home it never happens: Ryan Miller, Pat Lafontaine, Doug Weight now Detroit did trade for Legwand but he didn't resign an Modano played 40 games and retired.
so when people say he will resign in Detroit sorry if I'm skeptical.
CFMan liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 4:48 p.m.
Number 1 Kahun Fan
It's the second time I've said this and I expect to catch hell for it but I do think Hronek will be better than Trouba. Now I am a Detroit fan and of course that plays into it some so if that makes me a homer fine. Trouba is from Detroit and the media has been saying since his hold out that he wants to come home to Detroit. Every the media talks about a player coming home it never happens: Ryan Miller, Pat Lafontaine, Doug Weight now Detroit did trade for Legwand but he didn't resign an Modano played 40 games and retired.
so when people say he will resign in Detroit sorry if I'm skeptical.

Thats fair, we all have a little bit of homer in us lol.
aedoran liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 7:12 p.m.
Banned
Sorry but Hronek isn't being moved, He's already every bit as good as Trouba. He's an elite skater and leads all D in scoring in the worlds. Sorry would love Trouba. But not at the expensive of Hronek.
May 20, 2019 at 9:51 p.m.
We finally have a blue chip d prospect and everyone wants to give him away and for a guy who’s likely to come back home

Seriously pass
May 21, 2019 at 1:33 a.m.

To answer your question: Detroit’s best goalie prospect is Filipino Larson (2016 R6) who just signed his pro contract after having an outstanding NCAA tournament (almost besting Cory Schneider‘s shutout streak) for the U of Denver (ending his 1 year career there). Before that he was the USHL Goaltender of the Year (lead the league in GAA and SV%). He’s only 20 and hasn’t played a pro game yet so he’s got a ways to go.

Kaden Fulcher was a late season NHL injury call up but looked like he needed more time in the AHL (he wasn’t awful though). But he’s a month younger than Larson — so same thing applies.

Best to wait until July 2020 and then take a run at Trouba.

Detroit does have some highly regarded prospects (Zadina, Rassmussen, Veleno, Cholowski, McIsaac, Hronek, Lindstrom, and Evgeny Svechnikov). And should be able to add 3-4 more with the #6 overall this year and 3x 2nd round picks. This is in addition to proven young guns like Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, and AA. So the nucleus is strong-just need more top level talent.

It wouldn’t surprise me for the Wings to grab another goalie in the draft. But I doubt they move back into the first round to grab Knight (USNDT).

As far as cap situation, I hope Yzerman uses it to take on a 1year bad contract from a team against the cap and gets another draft pick (Ryan Callahan type).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll