SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Today's Howler

May 22, 2019 at 9:42 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
The ineptitude underlying most mainstream media coverage of hockey never ceases to amaze me. From the pool article (i.e., no reporter's credit) by the Associated Press on St. Louis' win over San Jose and advancement to the finals: "The Blues are the only one of the NHL's 'Original Six' franchises to have never won the Cup."
Brian2016 liked this.
May 23, 2019 at 1:11 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
The ineptitude underlying most mainstream media coverage of hockey never ceases to amaze me. From the pool article (i.e., no reporter's credit) by the Associated Press on St. Louis' win over San Jose and advancement to the finals: "The Blues are the only one of the NHL's 'Original Six' franchises to have never won the Cup."

Here I thought it was the Leafs!
May 23, 2019 at 8:53 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: OldNYIfan

OldNYIfan, don't you know that the "Original Six started in 1967/68. Yep. St Louis, Philly, Pittsburg, Minni, LA, Oakland were the teams. It's like when we hear from US reporters that the WW2 started December 7, 1941.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 23, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: palhal
OldNYIfan, don't you know that the "Original Six started in 1967/68. Yep. St Louis, Philly, Pittsburg, Minni, LA, Oakland were the teams. It's like when we hear from US reporters that the WW2 started December 7, 1941.

Great reply! You should have been a comedy writer.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll