PREDS get :
RW- P. Kessel
C- J. Blandisi - (RFA)
LHD- B. Crawley

NYR get :
C/LW- M. Granlund
C- C. Jarnkrok
RHD- D. Birks

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I LOVE THE DEPTH OF THIS TEAM

FORWARDS-
- The versatility of having 3- possible 3rd line Centers in - Zacha / Bjugstad / McCann who can all play wing also.
* The line-up possibilities are end-less.

- Kreider / Sid / Guentzel mite be an unstoppable 1st line, always thought Kreider would be a perfect LWer w/ Sid.

- Rakell / Geno could be scary w/ Rakell being able to play RW or LW and w/ Bjugstad / McCann / Horny / or Zacha as other wing.

- 4th line of multiple choices of Rust and Simon (who can also play on any line) , Teddy B and Girgensons (able to play C or W),
and McGinn as an under-rated player who was hurt all last year.

GOALIES -
- I am a big Jarry fan and IMO he will do just as good or even better than DeSmith did for cheaper.
*PLUS have Comrie and Stolarz as depth in WBS

D-MEN -
- 8 AND 58 is one of the best top pairings in NHL - if u hate on Tanger just stop breathing bc ur a dip-s**t

- Trouba get makes this team alot better and brings his partner from WPG in Chiarot who is a solid D-man that can add jam on back end.

- 28-44 stay together as a really good 3rd pairing.
- 2 - #7's in Ruhwedel and Mahura- who could put pressure on Chiarot and 28 on left side.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PLUS - CRAZY / MAD DEPTH IN WBS -
Depth w/ NHL experience -
RW- V. Letteri / L/W- G. Wilson / LHD- Mahura / LHD- J. Riikola / RHD- A. WELINSKI / RHD- Z. Trotman

Young and Possible call ups -
LW- K. Bjorkqvist / C- Y. Trenin / C- O. Palve / RW- A. Angello / RHD- E. Prow / LW- J. Bellerive / C- S. Lafferty
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$950,000
2$1,400,000
1$715,000
1$800,000
2$1,900,000
4$6,000,000
2$700,000
2$1,200,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$700,000
1$800,000
1$700,000
1$1,750,000
1$850,000
1$700,000
1$700,000
Trades
NYR
    START OF 3- TEAM TRADE
    * PENS / PREDS / NYR *
    (see breakdown in description)
    NSH
    1. Blandisi, Joseph [RFA Rights]
    2. Crawley, Brandon
    3. Kessel, Phil
    Additional Details:
    PART OF 3- TEAM TRADE
    * PENS / PREDS / NYR *
    NYR
    1. Birks, Dane
    2. Granlund, Mikael
    3. Järnkrok, Calle
    Additional Details:
    END OF 3- TEAM TRADE
    * PENS / PREDS / NYR *
    PIT
    1. Smith, Zack ($500,000 retained)
    Additional Details:
    Johnson played really good after switching back to the Left side and could help the young OTT Defense. OTT already waived Smith last year at mid season point and its obvious that both teams want rid of both players involved, so this is the only Johnson trade the Pens can make to get rid of some of the D-man cap space.
    OTT
    1. Johnson, Jack
    2. Ölund, Linus
    3. 2020 5th round pick (PIT)
    PIT
    1. Santini, Steven
    2. Zacha, Pavel [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    Zacha is in need of a change also but IMO he is a very good player and love how he plays mean and will go to dirty areas of ice. He will play much better offensively here being around more Talent. PLUS he is only 22 and is a good 2-way player.
    He mite be an ideal 3C here in PGH.
    Santini is a former 2nd rdr who hasnt lived up to expectations but still only 24.
    NJD
    1. Johnson, Adam [RFA Rights]
    2. Määttä, Olli
    Additional Details:
    Shero get back his 1st rd pick in Maatta and kno's he is in need of change but still a top 4 type Dman.
    Johnson is a speed demon that will get time in NHL with NJ.
    PIT
    1. Mahura, Josh
    2. Rakell, Rickard
    Additional Details:
    Rakell is another fav of mine and altho he had a down year, the dude is a top line winger and a great 2-way player. He would fit perfect on Geno's wing.
    Mahura is a gifted offensive D-man that ive watched since the WHL with Regina.
    ANA
    1. DeSmith, Casey
    2. Schultz, Justin
    Additional Details:
    Schultzy is a #1 type offensive D-man that would fit perfect as the #2 RHD behind Manson.
    DeSmith is a great back-up who can take pressure off of Whitehall Johnny.
    PIT
    1. Comrie, Eric [RFA Rights]
    2. Trouba, Jacob [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    Trouba obviously doesn't want to sign in WPG, He will be a great RHD here in PGH playing behind Letang, while prob extending Letangs career here by taking some of the tough minutes of of him.
    Comrie is a hell of young goalie and will battle with Jarry for the back up role.
    WPG
    1. Aston-Reese, Zach [RFA Rights]
    2. Hållander, Filip
    3. Santini, Steven
    4. 2020 1st round pick (PIT)
    Additional Details:
    ZAR could be a steal here if he can stay healthy bc he can play on any line in any situation and is a hell of a PK guy. Also can hit good so prob a good fit with WPG.
    Hallander is a very good prospect and kills me too lose him.
    Santini could be a solid 3rd pairing RHD
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the FLA
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$83,000,000$77,295,639$132,500$0$5,704,361

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the New York Rangers
    $4,625,000$4,625,000
    LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
    $8,700,000$8,700,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
    $2,463,139$2,463,139
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $2,050,000$2,050,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,900,000$1,900,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 3
    $5,300,000$5,300,000
    RW
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    $750,000$750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,100,000$4,100,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $7,250,000$7,250,000
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 7
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $675,000$675,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $700,000$700,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $850,000$850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 26, 2019 at 9:10 p.m.
    Watches no games
    Don't think that's the best offer Wpg gets for Trouba. I know FOR SURE that's not the best offer Ana gets for Rakell
    Sidstick87 liked this.
    May 26, 2019 at 9:12 p.m.
    I don’t think Anaheim accepts that deal. Rakell is just on an amazing contract. It would take a Kings ransom to get him.
    I also don’t like the three team trade for the pens. We give up the best player in the deal plus blandisi and Bane and only get Kreider out of it. Rangers make out like gang busters getting Granlund, jarnkrok, and a d prospect for Kreider. But I agree that Kreider would probably be amazing with Sid. The other trades I can definitely get behind.
    Sidstick87 liked this.
    May 26, 2019 at 9:17 p.m.
    The other thing that makes this tough is the long term outlook. The following year the pens only have 14.6 million in space and only 14 players signed. With Murray, Jarry, Simon, McCann, and Kreider needing extensions, even if the cap went up to 86 million it would be tough. Considering MM definitely gets a significant raise, Kreider def would if he had an amazing year with Sid, McCann should get a decent raise.
    Sidstick87 liked this.
    May 26, 2019 at 9:24 p.m.
    Gotta offer more if you want Rakell and his amazing contract
    Sidstick87 liked this.
    May 26, 2019 at 9:28 p.m.
    Zachas problem is Zacha.
    He's got the ability etc., he needs to put it together in his own head.
    The end of the season he put together a good run of gms with pts. Shero won't move him for anything short of a pkg for a Top D man imo. Which makes him and Chevy chasing the same thing.
    Sidstick87 liked this.
    May 26, 2019 at 10:12 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Smitty426
    Zachas problem is Zacha.
    The end of the season he put together a good run of gms with pts. Shero won't move him for anything short of a pkg for a Top D man imo. Which makes him and Chevy chasing the same thing.

That describes a lot of players who never did much of anything. Honestly, he needs out of NJ or he'll probably never turn to much. The NY area is probably the worst area to put a young player in. They are usually better in small cities with less distractions where they can focus on hockey while at the same time not be burdened with the reality they are playing major league sports and are relatively poor in their own city.
    Sidstick87 liked this.
    May 26, 2019 at 10:21 p.m.
    so in the three team trade
    pens get: Kreider, a 3rd round pick, trenin, and letteri.
    But give up: Kessel, Blandisi, and Birks

Ill be completely honest, im not very aware of trenin or birks. Which could be what decides if Id do the trade or not. Blandisi and Lettieri aren't any major piece in that so that's somewhat of a wash to me.
    Sidstick87 liked this.
    May 26, 2019 at 10:26 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    Idk, I'm not sure Chevy is gonna get a much better offer then that for Trouba if he even gets one that good.
    Zacha might be a good fit in Winnipeg if he can figure it out.
    Sidstick87 liked this.
    May 27, 2019 at 12:31 a.m.
    Hockey God Genius
    Quoting: MelonVK
    Don't think that's the best offer Wpg gets for Trouba. I know FOR SURE that's not the best offer Ana gets for Rakell

Fair point ... just tried best case for so many moves
    MelonVK liked this.
    May 27, 2019 at 12:33 a.m.
    Hockey God Genius
    Quoting: Pensfan89
    I don’t think Anaheim accepts that deal. Rakell is just on an amazing contract. It would take a Kings ransom to get him.
    I also don’t like the three team trade for the pens. We give up the best player in the deal plus blandisi and Bane and only get Kreider out of it. Rangers make out like gang busters getting Granlund, jarnkrok, and a d prospect for Kreider. But I agree that Kreider would probably be amazing with Sid. The other trades I can definitely get behind.

Ive been trading for Kreider for like 4 yrs, lol. This is the time we could finally actually get him... Thats why i gave NYR the best out of deal bc we would need to pry him away.
    - Im a huge Rakell fan and after down yr, i give it a try ... but ur right i am a bigger fan of his contract.
    May 27, 2019 at 12:44 a.m.
    Hockey God Genius
    Quoting: Pensfan89
    The other thing that makes this tough is the long term outlook. The following year the pens only have 14.6 million in space and only 14 players signed. With Murray, Jarry, Simon, McCann, and Kreider needing extensions, even if the cap went up to 86 million it would be tough. Considering MM definitely gets a significant raise, Kreider def would if he had an amazing year with Sid, McCann should get a decent raise.

And u caught the 1 thing i left out of the ton of info i put into this -LOL.
    I wanted to address that too ...BC i have a plan for that too....
    A- To Re-sign - McCann / Kreider and Murray
    That we would prob have to move Horny72 the next yr and maybe 1 of Bjugstad or Rust ....
    but I also thought of prospects like
    - LHD- Mahura on Left side for the next year
    - C- Trenin if Zacha doesnt work out or needs moved to LW
    and we also have Bjokqvist / Bellerive / Angello / Lafferty all coming also.
    May 27, 2019 at 12:45 a.m.
    Hockey God Genius
    Quoting: Zwui21
    Gotta offer more if you want Rakell and his amazing contract

I prob agree with u ... I love him but i do love his contract more, lol.
    May 27, 2019 at 12:46 a.m.
    Hockey God Genius
    Quoting: Smitty426
    Zachas problem is Zacha.

I hear that Zacha is too up and down too... but every time i watch him .. he plays his sack off and just always liked him.
    May 27, 2019 at 12:58 a.m.
    Hockey God Genius
    Quoting: awesome
    so in the three team trade
    pens get: Kreider, a 3rd round pick, trenin, and letteri.
    But give up: Kessel, Blandisi, and Birks

Ill be completely honest, im not very aware of trenin or birks. Which could be what decides if Id do the trade or not. Blandisi and Lettieri aren't any major piece in that so that's somewhat of a wash to me.

I gave NYR - Granlund / Jarnkrok / Birks and only give Kreider / Crawley / Lettiri bc it would be tough to pry Kreider away ... Granlund is prob more talented but not the player Kreider is but is younger too and mite fit better on roster full of European players and young great prospects.
    PLUS - Jarnkrok is good 3C or a 2nd/3rd line RWer on a great contract

But yah Blandisi and Letteri is a wash but Blandisi went to NSH bc PIT needed more depth at RW in WBS
    May 27, 2019 at 12:59 a.m.
    Hockey God Genius
    Quoting: MisstheWhalers
    Idk, I'm not sure Chevy is gonna get a much better offer then that for Trouba if he even gets one that good.
    Zacha might be a good fit in Winnipeg if he can figure it out.

Im also unsure of that also bc everyone kno's he wants out of WPG so who kno's what the going rate will be ???
    May 27, 2019 at 1:12 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Sidstick87
    Ive been trading for Kreider for like 4 yrs, lol. This is the time we could finally actually get him... Thats why i gave NYR the best out of deal bc we would need to pry him away.
    - Im a huge Rakell fan and after down yr, i give it a try ... but ur right i am a bigger fan of his contract.

Kessel would most likely block a trade to Nashville though, I thing they are on his no trade list. The reason why would be center depth. Who would he have to play with if it's not Johansen?
    NY is probably on his no trade list because he doesn't want traded into a rebuild. He's too competitive for that.
    Kessel's trade list has to look something like this.
    Boston, Toronto. He's not going back there.
    Washington, because there is no way that happens.
    Now you got 5 teams left. CBJ probably isn't on the list, because they lost their best winger and he doesn't want to end up the replacement. On top of it, he doesn't like Torts while Torts would have to settle for the move if the GM made it. So to avoid it all together, CBJ is cut off. It's simply easier for him.
    Philly is cut off as he probably doesn't want to end up on a non playoff team. He's competitive.
    So you got 5 spots left.
    1. TB. No cap space, but if it worked out he'd go to a team with talent, especially at center. But very low odds they can afford him so it's as good as not happening.
    2. Carolina, young competitive would make the playoffs. He could deal with it. My guess is, this is one of the "other teams calling" on his list. It just matches too well.
    3. Jets, cap issues. On top of it they have Laine and Wheeler in the top 2 RW. Not going to end up there. If he did, he goes to a good team.
    4 VGK, cap issues, already have top 2 RW. Hell they are 3 deep on RW. Again if he goes there, he goes to a good team.
    5 Blues, already have top 2 RW. Tarasenko and Perron. Doubtful he goes there, if he did, goes to a good team.

So that is really what you are most likely looking at. For Kessel to accept a trade to anyone else the first issue is, are they competitive? And if so the second question is, who is the center of the line? Because he's not going to play with a no one. He knows if he goes to a team with no help on the line with him, he'll be the one blamed for everything. He's been there done that. He wants a good center so he can rack up 80+ points and say, hey, I'm still producing. It makes him look good.
    May 27, 2019 at 1:23 a.m.
    Hockey God Genius
    Quoting: pharrow
    Kessel would most likely block a trade to Nashville though, I thing they are on his no trade list. The reason why would be center depth. Who would he have to play with if it's not Johansen?
    NY is probably on his no trade list because he doesn't want traded into a rebuild. He's too competitive for that.
    Now you got 5 teams left. CBJ probably isn't on the list, because they lost their best winger and he doesn't want to end up the replacement. On top of it, he doesn't like Torts while Torts would have to settle for the move if the GM made it. So to avoid it all together, CBJ is cut off. It's simply easier for him.
    Philly is cut off as he probably doesn't want to end up on a non playoff team. He's competitive.
    So you got 5 spots left.
    1. TB. No cap space, but if it worked out he'd go to a team with talent, especially at center. But very low odds they can afford him so it's as good as not happening.
    2. Carolina, young competitive would make the playoffs. He could deal with it. My guess is, this is one of the "other teams calling" on his list. It just matches too well.
    3. Jets, cap issues. On top of it they have Laine and Wheeler in the top 2 RW. Not going to end up there. If he did, he goes to a good team.
    4 VGK, cap issues, already have top 2 RW. Hell they are 3 deep on RW. Again if he goes there, he goes to a good team.
    5 Blues, already have top 2 RW. Tarasenko and Perron. Doubtful he goes there, if he did, goes to a good team.

So that is really what you are most likely looking at. For Kessel to accept a trade to anyone else the first issue is, are they competitive? And if so the second question is, who is the center of the line? Because he's not going to play with a no one. He knows if he goes to a team with no help on the line with him, he'll be the one blamed for everything. He's been there done that. He wants a good center so he can rack up 80+ points and say, hey, I'm still producing. It makes him look good.

The list was made at Start of last season, I heard its made before pre-season starts ... and I would bet NSH is on that list.
    IMO it could be 8 of these 10 ... there is no way he is going back to Canada to deal with that press again, so scratch the Jets for sure
    NSH / STL / ANA / ARZ / LAK / SJS / VGK / FLO / TB / CHI
    May 27, 2019 at 1:26 a.m.
    Hockey God Genius
    Quoting: pharrow
    So you got 5 spots left.

He also played with Bones for a full year so idk about the Center being a big deal, but i agree about 81 wanting to play for a good team.
    I also think he will work with PIT and maybe extend that list of teams by 2-4 bc why would u want to be somewhere that u are not wanted?
    May 27, 2019 at 1:32 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Sidstick87
    The list was made at Start of last season, I heard its made before pre-season starts ... and I would bet NSH is on that list.
    IMO it could be 8 of these 10 ... there is no way he is going back to Canada to deal with that press again, so scratch the Jets for sure
    NSH / STL / ANA / ARZ / LAK / SJS / VGK / FLO / TB / CHI

My guess is LAK, SJS, and CHI are all off the list.
    "Study: 60% of NHL Players With No-Trade Clause Choose Teams with Lower Taxes"
    Those 3 cities are most likely out.

Also the point of WPG is they have no need for him. He'll never go there and he knows it. So it turns the NMC into a true NTC.
    That's the point of it. To limit it as much as possible. The teams I listed there, don't have real holes for RW. And they won't swap.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll