NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 3
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$2,733,333$2,733,333
RD
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Byram, Bowen
$950,000$950,000

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 5, 2019 at 2:11 p.m.
Leafs would do that in a heartbeat, but don't think Marleau would based on the rumors
Jun. 5, 2019 at 2:35 p.m.
TBL maybe. The rest of the trades = NO from CHI.
And FL trade no from Seabs.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 2:43 p.m.
Gus is worth a 1st and why in the world would you trade him and proceed to sign Gardiner for $5M when Gus is almost $4M less and the same type of player. Then you trade Saad for a 1 year rental in Faulk who we won't need next year. You do realize Boqvist, Mitchell, Byram and Beaudin would all be ready next year...what then?
Jun. 5, 2019 at 3:16 p.m.
HawksFan2334
Quoting: ChiHawk
Gus is worth a 1st and why in the world would you trade him and proceed to sign Gardiner for $5M when Gus is almost $4M less and the same type of player. Then you trade Saad for a 1 year rental in Faulk who we won't need next year. You do realize Boqvist, Mitchell, Byram and Beaudin would all be ready next year...what then?

Defense needs improvement. Saad was a third liner this past year and Faulk is a good defensemen on the last year of a deal and i don't think Saad is worth it @ 6 million dollars a year. Gus is in the final year of his contract and will command more than 1.2 million that might be comparable to Gardnier (if you say they are the same type of player). Boqvist, Mitchell, and Beaudin might be ready. If they don't resign faulk and Koekkoek those are 2 spots open. Also, keep that some of them might not work out.. what then? go out and over pay for a Brandon Manning type of player?
Jun. 5, 2019 at 3:26 p.m.
HawksFan2334
Quoting: vmach
TBL maybe. The rest of the trades = NO from CHI.
And FL trade no from Seabs.

Q and Seabrook are going to be reunited one way or another. Whether it is this year or down the road.. Also I believe when Seabrook was drafted Tallon was the GM. i would gladly take a either a high draft pick or a High end prospect for Marleau, who is on the last year of his contract and we have the space to take it on. Anisimov is going to get traded (have you even been following the rumors?). Gus will be commanding a big contract and you still have to pay Strome and Debrincat so i think he will be traded
Jun. 5, 2019 at 3:28 p.m.
Quoting: jregs23
Defense needs improvement. Saad was a third liner this past year and Faulk is a good defensemen on the last year of a deal and i don't think Saad is worth it @ 6 million dollars a year. Gus is in the final year of his contract and will command more than 1.2 million that might be comparable to Gardnier (if you say they are the same type of player). Boqvist, Mitchell, and Beaudin might be ready. If they don't resign faulk and Koekkoek those are 2 spots open. Also, keep that some of them might not work out.. what then? go out and over pay for a Brandon Manning type of player?

Saad was on the 3rd line to split of scoring not because he was demoted. Coach C didn't want to overload the 1st and 2nd lines.

The defense is getting Jokiharju back and will be another year under the new system...that will be improvements. You don't mortgage your future (cap space) to improve for 1 year. Boqvist and Mitchell are locks to be ready next year. Boqvist will slot in on the 2nd line likely and Mitchell on the 3rd. Beaudin did good last year and will be interesting to see how he plays in Rockford this year. They also have Carlsson in Rockford who should be ready for 3rd line duties soon; maybe this year. Gus is cheaper then Gardiner, why sign Gardiner as such for $6M this year when you have Gus at $1.2M?

Furthermore, Marleau isn't coming to Chicago his family is moving back out to California and he wants to be closer to him...there is zero chance of that happening.
vmach liked this.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
Q and Seabrook are going to be reunited one way or another. Whether it is this year or down the road.. Also I believe when Seabrook was drafted Tallon was the GM. i would gladly take a either a high draft pick or a High end prospect for Marleau, who is on the last year of his contract and we have the space to take it on. Anisimov is going to get traded (have you even been following the rumors?). Gus will be commanding a big contract and you still have to pay Strome and Debrincat so i think he will be traded

Seabs has been very forward about saying Chicago is his home, wanting to stay a Hawk, and eventually wanting to work inside of the Hawks organization when he retires. Not saying it's impossible he gets reunited with Coach Q and Kitchens but unlikely.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 4:33 p.m.
The Seabrook move is only possible if they lose out on Panarin. If they have a chance at landing both Panarin and Bob, then no way can they take on Seabs with Barkov up in a few years.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 4:46 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk

How is Gus worth a 1st? He has only one good season. Teams around the league likely dont see him as a top defenseman. Plus he is a UFA at seasons end.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 4:52 p.m.

So by your reasoning, Boston should grab Lucic while they can because they drafted him? But you right Q will reunite wit him, but it will be in 5 years on a golf course. Seabs is a bad contract but he is staying in CHI and probably until he decides to retire. And even If by some miracle he will agree to go to FL, and FL will want him there, it will cost us a lot more than what you proposing. FL will not be giving as Pysik and 4th, but rather it will be us giving them at least Krys + 2nd + something else just to take him.

Its not AA that I was unhappy with, its Gus, you giving away 60 point producer for 2nd? we can do more, especially if he puts up another good season at TDL we can get 1st ++
And Marleau I'm ok with taking, but they will have to give us someone like Kapanen to take him and buy him out, so he can sign with LA, SJS or AR for maybe $1M
Jun. 5, 2019 at 7:09 p.m.
Quoting: PhillDaThrill
How is Gus worth a 1st? He has only one good season. Teams around the league likely dont see him as a top defenseman. Plus he is a UFA at seasons end.

Hawks were offered a 1st round pick from several teams at the TDL. 60 point producing D guys don't grow on trees. Gus has played 1st line with the Hawks but is certainly a 2nd line player; top line D guys get more then a 1st pick.
Jun. 6, 2019 at 8:21 p.m.
HawksFan2334
Quoting: vmach
So by your reasoning, Boston should grab Lucic while they can because they drafted him? But you right Q will reunite wit him, but it will be in 5 years on a golf course. Seabs is a bad contract but he is staying in CHI and probably until he decides to retire. And even If by some miracle he will agree to go to FL, and FL will want him there, it will cost us a lot more than what you proposing. FL will not be giving as Pysik and 4th, but rather it will be us giving them at least Krys + 2nd + something else just to take him.

Its not AA that I was unhappy with, its Gus, you giving away 60 point producer for 2nd? we can do more, especially if he puts up another good season at TDL we can get 1st ++
And Marleau I'm ok with taking, but they will have to give us someone like Kapanen to take him and buy him out, so he can sign with LA, SJS or AR for maybe $1M

Seabrook: Yes he has stated he wants to stay here but looking at the future of the defense there is no room for him on it and he might realize this. What is it going to cost to move him? Who knows but he will ultimately get traded. If he cares about the organization and the future it is heading, then he should waive his NTC.

I just don't think Gus is worth a 1st round pick, especially since he will be commanding a lot more than 1.2 million after the season and he is really only known for his offensive ability and only 1 season where he had 60 points, what if he only has 30 points next season? Is he still worth a 1st? We have a log jam at D and I ultimately think Gus isn't in the hawks future plans. Might as well sell him when his value is at its highest.

The real question with Marleau is would he waive to potentially win a cup or waive to for family reasons? Keep in mind he's in the last year of his deal and if bought out it wouldn't affect the hawks cap. They would still have to carry his full cap hit since its a 35+ contract. So why buy him out when you can use him on the third line?
Jun. 8, 2019 at 8:26 p.m.
Seabrook: Yes he has stated he wants to stay here but looking at the future of the defense there is no room for him on it and he might realize this. What is it going to cost to move him? Who knows but he will ultimately get traded. If he cares about the organization and the future it is heading, then he should waive his NTC.

I just don't think Gus is worth a 1st round pick, especially since he will be commanding a lot more than 1.2 million after the season and he is really only known for his offensive ability and only 1 season where he had 60 points, what if he only has 30 points next season? Is he still worth a 1st? We have a log jam at D and I ultimately think Gus isn't in the hawks future plans. Might as well sell him when his value is at its highest.

The real question with Marleau is would he waive to potentially win a cup or waive to for family reasons? Keep in mind he's in the last year of his deal and if bought out it wouldn't affect the hawks cap. They would still have to carry his full cap hit since its a 35+ contract. So why buy him out when you can use him on the third line?

Well, yes, that is the thing if Seabs is not good enough to be 7th D on CHI, he is not likely be good enough to be on any other team and at $7m hit, it will cost CHI a ton of assets to give up. That is if he waives.

CHI will buy out Marleau because it will be part of the deal, since he doesn't want to play here. CHI will be pass thru team, CHI will eat $6m and buy him out so he can sign with LA or SJ at min salary. And that is why CHI will have to demand huge return for this service, since they will not be using Marleau at all.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll