LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$3,850,000$3,850,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RD
UFA - 7
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 7, 2019 at 2:09 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
I know you are a Chicago fan posting this, but there is no way in hell the hawks do that WPG trade.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 2:31 a.m.
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
I know you are a Chicago fan posting this, but there is no way in hell the hawks do that WPG trade.

Agree, that is just brutal for Chicago.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 8:04 a.m.
Banned
Try more like 7 years $56 million for Jacob Trouba, No way in hell he signs for only $7 million per. He wants to get paid. He'll easily make between $8 to $9 million per in free agency.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:19 a.m.
HawksFan2334
Quoting: ChiHawk
Agree, that is just brutal for Chicago.

if its that brutal then why does Jay Zawaski mention it in this article? https://670thescore.radio.com/zawaski-blackhawks-notes-rumors-nhl-draft-trade-free-agency
Jun. 7, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.
Quoting: jregs23
if its that brutal then why does Jay Zawaski mention it in this article? https://670thescore.radio.com/zawaski-blackhawks-notes-rumors-nhl-draft-trade-free-agency

"Could a package of forward Brandon Saad, one of those defensive prospects and a second-round pick be enough to pry Trouba away from the Jets? "

First of all that's spit balling. Second, that could mean Saad, Beaudin and a 2nd and likely that's what he mean since Byram and Beaudin are LHD guys. Lastly, nowhere does he say throw in Gus who alone is worth a late 1st round pick. Hawk's aren't giving up Saad, there #1 D prospect and Gus plus a 2nd...that's way overpayment.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 12:27 p.m.
HawksFan2334
"Could a package of forward Brandon Saad, one of those defensive prospects and a second-round pick be enough to pry Trouba away from the Jets? "

First of all that's spit balling. Second, that could mean Saad, Beaudin and a 2nd and likely that's what he mean since Byram and Beaudin are LHD guys. Lastly, nowhere does he say throw in Gus who alone is worth a late 1st round pick. Hawk's aren't giving up Saad, there #1 D prospect and Gus plus a 2nd...that's way overpayment.

The jets are asking for a first and a high end prospect. Hawks are unlikely to give up a first and jets are unlikely to accept a Saad Boqvist and second package. Key word in the article is COULD. Could it be enough? Probably not, which is why you have to add another piece. if you think Gus is worth a "late first round pick" then you include him in this deal as Saad/prospect and a second probably wont get it done and the hawks DESPERATELY need help on defense. Also keep in mind that Trouba is a major upgrade form Gus defensively and Trouba had 50 points last year (Gus had 60).
Jun. 7, 2019 at 12:31 p.m.
The jets are asking for a first and a high end prospect. Hawks are unlikely to give up a first and jets are unlikely to accept a Saad Boqvist and second package. Key word in the article is COULD. Could it be enough? Probably not, which is why you have to add another piece. if you think Gus is worth a "late first round pick" then you include him in this deal as Saad/prospect and a second probably wont get it done and the hawks DESPERATELY need help on defense. Also keep in mind that Trouba is a major upgrade form Gus defensively and Trouba had 50 points last year (Gus had 60).

Hawks aren't moving Boqvist, he is a RHD and Byram is a LHD. Beaudin, the #27th pick last year, is a LHD and becomes moveable if Byram is drafted.

Bottom line, this is irrelevant as every insider report is saying the Hawks are taking Turcotte so the discussion around "if the Hawks draft Byram" is large in part not a likely outcome.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 12:34 p.m.
HawksFan2334
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Try more like 7 years $56 million for Jacob Trouba, No way in hell he signs for only $7 million per. He wants to get paid. He'll easily make between $8 to $9 million per in free agency.

no team is going to give out 2 first, a second and a third for an RFA when he might hit the UFA market next year. I have seen any where from 7-7.5 for trouba on a long term deal
Jun. 7, 2019 at 1:19 p.m.
HawksFan2334
Hawks aren't moving Boqvist, he is a RHD and Byram is a LHD. Beaudin, the #27th pick last year, is a LHD and becomes moveable if Byram is drafted.

Bottom line, this is irrelevant as every insider report is saying the Hawks are taking Turcotte so the discussion around "if the Hawks draft Byram" is large in part not a likely outcome.

Doesn't matter who they take in the draft, they need help on Defense and they will go out and get a top 4 guy either via trade or FA.

Mitchell Boqvist and Jokiharju are all RHD. I really don't see them trading a LHD prospect like Beaudin for Trouba, who is another RHD.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 1:37 p.m.
Doesn't matter who they take in the draft, they need help on Defense and they will go out and get a top 4 guy either via trade or FA.

Mitchell Boqvist and Jokiharju are all RHD. I really don't see them trading a LHD prospect like Beaudin for Trouba, who is another RHD.

If they get Byram, they would be able to move Beaudin potentially.

I doubt the Hawks grab any huge defensive name like Trouba or EK. Hawks have Beaudin, Boqvist, Mitchell, Jokiharju, Krys, Carlsson already in just the prospects...that pretty much solidifies the future defense and any big name defender is going to be looking for a big long term contract that will put us back in the same shoes we are in on D with an aging Seabs and Keith.

Beyond the prospects, Seabs and Keith aren't going anywhere for another 4 years, plus Gus has shown he is one of the best offensive D guys in the league. Hawks aren't making a run for the cup this season, so grabbing a big name defender is unlikely.

What is much more likely is grabbing a big name forward due to the simple fact the Hawks don't have anywhere near the depth in forward prospects that they have on defense and they have at least 1 glaring hole to fill in the top 2 lines on the wing.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 2:51 p.m.
HawksFan2334
If they get Byram, they would be able to move Beaudin potentially.

I doubt the Hawks grab any huge defensive name like Trouba or EK. Hawks have Beaudin, Boqvist, Mitchell, Jokiharju, Krys, Carlsson already in just the prospects...that pretty much solidifies the future defense and any big name defender is going to be looking for a big long term contract that will put us back in the same shoes we are in on D with an aging Seabs and Keith.

Beyond the prospects, Seabs and Keith aren't going anywhere for another 4 years, plus Gus has shown he is one of the best offensive D guys in the league. Hawks aren't making a run for the cup this season, so grabbing a big name defender is unlikely.

What is much more likely is grabbing a big name forward due to the simple fact the Hawks don't have anywhere near the depth in forward prospects that they have on defense and they have at least 1 glaring hole to fill in the top 2 lines on the wing.

I highly doubt the hawks go out and grab a big name forward. Maybe Dzingel but they have to lock up Strome, DeBrincat and Kahun to extensions after this upcoming season Strome will be 4-5 million a year and Debrincat will be 8=9 million a year. and kahun will be a big one too. I think Defense was more the issue than offense. They do have Kubalik. Kurashev, Barrett, Entwistle and the forward they draft with the 3rd overall all who may project into the roster in the future. You name all these D prospects but what if they don't work out? I would rather have a proven NHL player on Defense that I have control over for 5-7 years than a defensive prospect that you don't know will pan out.

Yeah Gus was one of the best offensive producers on defense this year, But will you pay him 3-4 million a year for someone who gives you nothing defensively? I wouldn't

Personally, I think Stan has shown he can move bad contracts like Sharp, Bickell and Manning and he will ultimately move Seabrooks just a matter of when and how much it costs the hawks to move.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
I highly doubt the hawks go out and grab a big name forward. Maybe Dzingel but they have to lock up Strome, DeBrincat and Kahun to extensions after this upcoming season Strome will be 4-5 million a year and Debrincat will be 8=9 million a year. and kahun will be a big one too. I think Defense was more the issue than offense. They do have Kubalik. Kurashev, Barrett, Entwistle and the forward they draft with the 3rd overall all who may project into the roster in the future. You name all these D prospects but what if they don't work out? I would rather have a proven NHL player on Defense that I have control over for 5-7 years than a defensive prospect that you don't know will pan out.

Yeah Gus was one of the best offensive producers on defense this year, But will you pay him 3-4 million a year for someone who gives you nothing defensively? I wouldn't

Personally, I think Stan has shown he can move bad contracts like Sharp, Bickell and Manning and he will ultimately move Seabrooks just a matter of when and how much it costs the hawks to move.

1) Part of the defensive issues the Hawks had, was due to the offense. The last couple years, and worse this year then the prior, was the amount of turnovers in the offensive and neutral zones, odd man rushes and puck possession was dismal in the offensive zone. Those are large in part offensive issues.

2) Kubalik, Kurashev, Barrett and Entwistle are all projected as bottom 6 guys. Kubalik and Kurashev are arguably top 9 guys. The problem is, outside of Turcotte if that's who the Hawks draft, the Hawks have zero top 6 forwards in the prospect pool. That is problematic. Beaudin, Mitchell, Boqvist, Jokiharju are all higher end prospects then anyone we have on offense outside of Turcotte and maybe one could argue Kubalik and Mitchell are about even in their ceilings.

3) If you watched Gus closely, he made dramatic improvements in this defensive game between the start of the season and the end. The last 30 games of the season, he was certainly very serviceable defensively and better then the rotation of 3rd liners (Dahlstrom, Koekko, and Forsling) defensively. Watching his improvement over the past season and a half, was remarkable in my opinion. If he keeps improving this coming year defensively, we have a solidified top liner.

4) Seabs has been pretty forward that he's not waiving and wants to retire a Hawk, going beyond that to say he hopes he can work for the organization when he retires. If that's the case, maybe he would retire early?
Jun. 7, 2019 at 3:38 p.m.
HawksFan2334
1) that's where I disagree. I saw plenty of times this year when the hawks D couldn't clear and turned the puck over (in their own zone/neutral zone) . Sure there are the turnovers by the offense but the defense should have been able to defend some of those rushes. Also when Delia was in net, he gave up a lot of rebounds which the other team would score. How come the defense couldn't clear those pucks? Most of the better teams are able too. Don't even get me started on the PK.

2) Point is the hawks have to look at the long term and i don't forsee them bringing in a big name forward when you have to lock up 2-3 of your forwards to massive contracts. You have a line like
#3 overall-Toews-Kane, Kahun-strome-Debrincat as your top 6 so basically you are filling up your bottom 6 with those prospects/depth guys. Not all prospects work out. ill point you to Jack Skillie and Pirri on that subject.

3) Obviously you value Gus more valuable than I do he there are better top 4 defensemen in this league that the hawks can go out and get. No way am i going to pay what he demands in his next contract. Especially when they either bring in someone (trade/FA) or promote internally for cheaper, he seems like the odd man out.

4) I don't think he never said he was waiving, there were reports out there that he was asked at the TDL but he denied that he was asked. He can retire a hawks like Sharp, Campbell, and Bickell all did. There are certain teams i think he would waive for and 2 of those teams are FLA and VAN. Maybe when the expansion draft comes he will waive for Seattle.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 4:14 p.m.
HawksFan2334
1) Part of the defensive issues the Hawks had, was due to the offense. The last couple years, and worse this year then the prior, was the amount of turnovers in the offensive and neutral zones, odd man rushes and puck possession was dismal in the offensive zone. Those are large in part offensive issues.

2) Kubalik, Kurashev, Barrett and Entwistle are all projected as bottom 6 guys. Kubalik and Kurashev are arguably top 9 guys. The problem is, outside of Turcotte if that's who the Hawks draft, the Hawks have zero top 6 forwards in the prospect pool. That is problematic. Beaudin, Mitchell, Boqvist, Jokiharju are all higher end prospects then anyone we have on offense outside of Turcotte and maybe one could argue Kubalik and Mitchell are about even in their ceilings.

3) If you watched Gus closely, he made dramatic improvements in this defensive game between the start of the season and the end. The last 30 games of the season, he was certainly very serviceable defensively and better then the rotation of 3rd liners (Dahlstrom, Koekko, and Forsling) defensively. Watching his improvement over the past season and a half, was remarkable in my opinion. If he keeps improving this coming year defensively, we have a solidified top liner.

4) Seabs has been pretty forward that he's not waiving and wants to retire a Hawk, going beyond that to say he hopes he can work for the organization when he retires. If that's the case, maybe he would retire early?

1) that's where I disagree. I saw plenty of times this year when the hawks D couldn't clear and turned the puck over (in their own zone/neutral zone) . Sure there are the turnovers by the offense but the defense should have been able to defend some of those rushes. Also when Delia was in net, he gave up a lot of rebounds which the other team would score. How come the defense couldn't clear those pucks? Most of the better teams are able too. Don't even get me started on the PK.

2) Point is the hawks have to look at the long term and i don't forsee them bringing in a big name forward when you have to lock up 2-3 of your forwards to massive contracts. You have a line like
#3 overall-Toews-Kane, Kahun-strome-Debrincat as your top 6 so basically you are filling up your bottom 6 with those prospects/depth guys. Not all prospects work out. ill point you to Jack Skillie and Pirri on that subject.

3) Obviously you value Gus more valuable than I do he there are better top 4 defensemen in this league that the hawks can go out and get. No way am i going to pay what he demands in his next contract. Especially when they either bring in someone (trade/FA) or promote internally for cheaper, he seems like the odd man out.

4) I don't think he never said he was waiving, there were reports out there that he was asked at the TDL but he denied that he was asked. He can retire a hawks like Sharp, Campbell, and Bickell all did. There are certain teams i think he would waive for and 2 of those teams are FLA and VAN. Maybe when the expansion draft comes he will waive for Seattle.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 4:38 p.m.

1) However one of the biggest mistakes is fans saying it's all the defense. The offensive puck possession numbers and turnovers were brutal last year. It's a team sport, can't point the finger and say it's the defense or even say mostly the defense. Other thing that was obvious, was the offense wasn't jumping back and helping either on defense...the game is a 200ft game especially at the speed it plays today and especially if the offense keeps turning over pucks and can't control it. Fix the offense and let the defensive prospects come up next year.

2) Check out my armchairs and others...it's very doable. Kahun, Perlini, Kampf, Kubalik, Entwistle, Kurashev, Barrat, Caggs....none of these guys are top line guys, half of them at least aren't more then bottom 6 players on a good team. Hence the problem... #3OA is not jumping in and playing top line minutes and assuming it's Turcotte or Cozens, both of these guys will take the 3C role initially, neither are wingers.

3) It's always better to stick with your current players then acquire new ones if the talent level is similar. Like I said, if he keeps improving the way he has been and plays defensively slightly better then the last 30 games last season, then you have a player that is as good as anyone outside of Karlsson available in FA. That being said, now you're looking at moving assets to get someone better then Gus like you did here except Scandello is NOT as good as Gus...please tell me you don't believe he is.

4) Maybe, but counting on it as part of the long strategy over the next season or two would be a fool's errand. You can't count on, "it will be fine we'll be able to dump Seabs's contract because he'll agree to waive".
Jun. 7, 2019 at 6:32 p.m.
hawkman
Scandella has been a big disappointment in Buffalo 4mil is an overpayment HE IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT ON D . Really big overpay for Trouba . I am not a big Gus fan in fact i think he just had a career year he will never duplicate , yes his d game improved slightly towards the end of the season and as a consequence his offence suffered . Still has at least two or three brain farts per game . Besides that i like that you addressed the D to many people on this board think that defence does not need a dramatic upgrade and at least one or two shutdown dmen . Perlini does not belong on a fourth line as he does not use his size or backcheck he is one dimensional and invisible if not in the offensive zone . Besides perlini i like your forward group and balance up front .
Jun. 7, 2019 at 6:33 p.m.
hawkman
1) However one of the biggest mistakes is fans saying it's all the defense. The offensive puck possession numbers and turnovers were brutal last year. It's a team sport, can't point the finger and say it's the defense or even say mostly the defense. Other thing that was obvious, was the offense wasn't jumping back and helping either on defense...the game is a 200ft game especially at the speed it plays today and especially if the offense keeps turning over pucks and can't control it. Fix the offense and let the defensive prospects come up next year.

2) Check out my armchairs and others...it's very doable. Kahun, Perlini, Kampf, Kubalik, Entwistle, Kurashev, Barrat, Caggs....none of these guys are top line guys, half of them at least aren't more then bottom 6 players on a good team. Hence the problem... #3OA is not jumping in and playing top line minutes and assuming it's Turcotte or Cozens, both of these guys will take the 3C role initially, neither are wingers.

3) It's always better to stick with your current players then acquire new ones if the talent level is similar. Like I said, if he keeps improving the way he has been and plays defensively slightly better then the last 30 games last season, then you have a player that is as good as anyone outside of Karlsson available in FA. That being said, now you're looking at moving assets to get someone better then Gus like you did here except Scandello is NOT as good as Gus...please tell me you don't believe he is.

4) Maybe, but counting on it as part of the long strategy over the next season or two would be a fool's errand. You can't count on, "it will be fine we'll be able to dump Seabs's contract because he'll agree to waive".

Scandella has been a big disappointment in Buffalo 4mil is an overpayment HE IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT ON D . Really big overpay for Trouba . I am not a big Gus fan in fact i think he just had a career year he will never duplicate , yes his d game improved slightly towards the end of the season and as a consequence his offence suffered . Still has at least two or three brain farts per game . Besides that i like that you addressed the D to many people on this board think that defence does not need a dramatic upgrade and at least one or two shutdown dmen . Perlini does not belong on a fourth line as he does not use his size or backcheck he is one dimensional and invisible if not in the offensive zone . Besides perlini i like your forward group and balance up front .

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll